• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-steel pokemon with the most resistances?

Trying to make a list of pokemon with no 4x weaknesses, with the most resistances. (Immunities are counted as resistances here.).

With no 4x weakness.

10 - Alolan Marowak - 7 resistances + 3 immunities, 5 weaknesses.
9 - Chandelure - 7 resistances + 2 immunities with 1 4x, 5 weaknesses.
9 - Fire Rotom - 8 resistances + 1 immunity, 2 weaknesses.
8 - Tentacruel, Toxapex - 8 resistances, 3 weaknesses.
8 - Jellicent - 6 resistances + 2 immunities, 4 weaknesses.
8 - Giratina - 6 resistances + 2 immunities, 5 weaknesses.
8 - Rotom - 5 resistances + 3 immunities, 2 weaknesses.
7 - Dragalge - 7 resistances with 1 4x, 4 weaknesses.
7 - Incineroar - 6 resistances 1 immunity, 4 weaknesses.
7 - Grenia, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo - 6 resistances 1 immunity, 5 weaknesses.
7 - Delphox - 7 resistances, 5 weaknesses.
6 - Gengar - 4 resistances with 2 immunities with 2 4x, 4 weaknesses.
6 - Volcanion - 5 resistances with 1 immunity, 3 weaknesses.
6 - Blaziken - 6 resistances, 4 weaknesses.
6 - Slowking - 6 resistances, 5 weaknesses.
6 - Decidueye - 4 resistances 2 immunities, 5 weaknesses.
6 - Water Rotom - 5 resistances 1 immunity, 1 weaknesses.
6 - Flying Rotom - 5 resistances 1 immunity, 2 weaknesses.

* Gengar used to be 7 when it had levitate.

Including Steel now, Fire/Steel Electric/Steel Dark/Steel Ice/Steel Rock/Steel Grass/Steel and Bug/Steel all have a 4x weakness, so Magearna (10 + 2 immunity), Aegislash (9 + 3 immunity), Dialga (10 + 1 immunity), pure steel (10 + 1 immunity), Metagross (9 + 1 immunity), Steelix (8 + 2 immunity), Skarmory (8 + 2 immunity), Empoleon (10), and Lucario (8 + 1 immunity) may be the winner here. Empoleon and Lucario each have 3 weaknesses, Magearna and Dialga 2.

With 4x weakness.

8 - Salazzle - 8 resistances with 3 4x, and 4 weaknesses.
8 - Hydreigon, Guzzlord - 6 resistances + 2 immunities, 5 weaknesses.
7 - Charizard, Moltres - 6 resistances + 1 immunity, 3 weaknesses.
7 - Kommo-o - 7 resistances, 5 weaknesses.
6 - Poliwrath - 7 resistances, 5 weaknesses.
7 - Shiftry, Cacturne - 6 resistances 1 immunity, 7 weaknesses.
7 - Tyranitar - 6 resistances 1 immunity, 7 weaknesses.
6 - Toxicroak - 6 resistances, 3 weaknesses.
6 - Dragonite, Salamence - 5 resistances + 1 immunity, 4 weaknesses.
6 - Nihilego - 6 resistances, 4 weaknesses.
6 - Crobat - 5 resistances + 1 immunity, 4 weaknesses.
6 - Chesnaught - 6 resistances, 6 weaknesses.
6 - Exeggutor, Celebi - 6 resistances, and 7 weaknesses.

Note: Volcanion has 3 4x resistances with no 4x weakness, so it could hold the record with the most 4x resistances with no 4x weakness.

Edit: I previously made a thread on best element to have a 4x weakness to, some months back. Which I guess is gone/expired now. And I argued Ghost and Dark. From reading the POTW, I'm guessing the competitive battlers people would also say Rock. I read the Charizard and Talonflame articles, none of them even mention rock as an issue for their pros/cons heh, so I'm guessing Rock attacks are not that common.

Last edited:
Quick thing: you don't want to look for Pokemon with the most resistances. You want to look for type combos with the most resistances. And as far as I can see, it's Fairy/Steel. This type combo is shared by three Pokemon - Mawile, Klefki and Magearna.

Yea, I usually post the most common fully-evolved of that type combo.

Here's a quick post on pokemon with the most weaknesses.

Most weaknesses is 7.

Grass/Ice* - Abomasnow
Grass/Psychic* - Exeggutor, Celebi
Rock/Psychic - (null)
Grass/Dark* - Shiftry, Cacturne
Fighting/Rock - Terrakion
Rock/Dark* - Tyranitar

* has a 4x weakness.

Solrock and Lunatone are the only Rock/Psychic types but they are spared as they have the Levitate ability, removing the Ground weakness.

So ironically, Shiftry/Cacturne have the most additive weaknesses and resistances I guess.

Anyways, not so much about how much resistances you have, but how many weaknesses you have.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Lightningrod Alolan Marowak has ten resistances total. I believe it is the only non steel pokemon to resist more than half of the type chart.

Lightningrod Alolan Marowak has ten resistances total. I believe it is the only non steel pokemon to resist more than half of the type chart.
Ah yes! Fire/Ghost with the lightningrod. That's something Chandelure cannot have.

Good 1.

Oh you know what, Fire Rotom has 9 resistances + immunities, and regular Rotom 8.

Edited my 1st post.

Isaac52

Wow! That's a lot, though it sucks it still loses to the water/ground/dark which are everywhere lol