• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Non-Weather Team:O

TDawg

So I have grown bored of using a weather team so I have decided to make one without it. This is what I got. I have been using it on Smogon's server of PO and have got a lot of wins or people will ragequit. So this is my team!

479-wash.png

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp A/ 252 Spe / 6 HP
-Hidden Power (Grass)-
-Hydro Pump-
-Thunderbolt-
-Volt Switch-

Rotom-W is my standard lead as with volt switch I am able to scout and return and get some damage in the process. Hydro Pump is what makes Rotom Wash, Rotom Wash and is a strong STAB. Hidden Power Grass is definitely not normal for a Rotom to carry but I have a problem with Swampert and Gastrodon (especially) if I were not to carry this move. It's in unexpected so I can catch some people off guard with this HP.

232.png

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 6 Att
-Roar-
-Stealth Rocks-
-Earthquake-
-Ice Shard-

My phazer and physical wall. Roar has come in handy a lot. Stealth Rocks is mainly for DW Dragonite as otherwise it can demolish my team. Earthquake as a nice STAB and Ice Shard give Donphan priority and is great againt Gliscor and Dnite as well.

555Darmanitan_Dream.png

Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
-U-Turn-
-Flare Blitz-
-Rock Slide-
-Superpower-

Darmanitan at the right moment shines. U-Turn lets me get out of a jam while dealing damage but is also really my only way of hitting psychics hard. Flare Blitz destroys Scizor, Ferro, and Forre. Rock Slide also hits Dnite and mence and any flying poke well. Superpower hits Ttar great, but I actually haven't faced one yet lol.

200px-Mew.png

Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 224 Def/ 32(?) Spe
-Taunt-
-Will-O-Wisp-
-Softboiled-
-Psychic-

Mew is great. It helps my team so much with that WoW. He ruins straight sweeps and set-up sweeps well. Taunt for things like DD Scraggy, DD Dnite, Calm Mind Latias, BU Conk, etc. Softboiled so Mew can keep going and Psychic is STAB filler that doesn't leave it taunt bait. Also kills Conk in 2 hits which is nice.

Forretress.gif

Item: Shed Shell
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 6 Def
-Spikes-
-Toxic Spikes-
-Rapid Spin-
-Earthquake-

Forretress is a good wall. Also my rapid spinner so he's key to my team. SPikes and TS are great for setting up and Volt Switch lets me give damage while switching. The shed shell is just a precaution for Magnezone.

1310943897_2570_full.jpeg

Item: Expert Belt
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Psyshock-
-Surf-
-Hidden Power Fire-
-Draco Meteor-

Latios is amazing. Tears wholes in teams. Hidden Power Fire hits Ferro who otherwise walls my team. Draco obviously for that powerful STAB and surf is a filler. Trick is for when I need to hit with more then one move constantly and to mess walls up.

SO this is my team. I definitely need to make it better so anything helps guys! :D

Last edited:

Tough Muk

Master Chief
Oooo man, I really like this team a lot. The only suggestion i have is that Donphan with max HP will take hits like a bossman, with or without the impish nature. I guess its personal preferance but max Atk Donphan hits like a truck! and without any attack investment ice shards 40 base power doesnt do too much to either gliscor or dnite. In this case though if you like phazing go for it.

Donpahn
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk
-Roar/Rapid Spin/ Stone Edge
-Stealth Rocks-
-Earthquake-
-Ice Shard-

TDawg

Thanks man. I will try that set out and see if works with team. And yeah I know that it doesn't hit them that will. Mostly to bluff I have max attack at first for Gliscor and to rid of Multiscale on the Dnite.

Also bump! I wanna see what everyone thinks of the team!

Snorby

Snorby
I think that Darmanitan covers Ferro well, and HP fire is unneeded on Latios. Perhaps go with T-bolt instead? hits Bulky waters like a boss, as it seems Rotom is the only one that can do that.

Last edited:

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
So I have grown bored of using a weather team so I have decided to make one without it. This is what I got. I have been using it on Smogon's server of PO and have got a lot of wins or people will ragequit. So this is my team!

479-wash.png

EVs: 252 Sp A/ 252 Spe / 6 HP
-Hidden Power (Grass)-
-Hydro Pump-
-Thunderbolt-
-Volt Switch-

Rotom-W is my standard lead as with volt switch I am able to scout and return and get some damage in the process. Hydro Pump is what makes Rotom Wash, Rotom Wash and is a strong STAB. Hidden Power Grass is definitely not normal for a Rotom to carry but I have a problem with Swampert and Gastrodon (especially) if I were not to carry this move. It's in unexpected so I can catch some people off guard with this HP.
This is pretty good, i like the idea with HP grass, one thing i would change though, would be getting rid of Thunderbolt and adding Trick. This helps stick pokes that cant use Choice Scarf Effictively, such as Blissey, Ferrothorn, and many other walls. Also stops pokes from setting up, such as DD Gyarados.

232.png

Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 6 Att
-Roar-
-Stealth Rocks-
-Earthquake-
-Ice Shard-

My phazer and physical wall. Roar has come in handy a lot. Stealth Rocks is mainly for DW Dragonite as otherwise it can demolish my team. Earthquake as a nice STAB and Ice Shard give Donphan priority and is great againt Gliscor and Dnite as well.
Pretty Good, just make sure you have rocks up to ensure heavy damage to Dnite due to Multiscale lossage from rock damage.
555Darmanitan_Dream.png

Item: Life Orb (might switch to Scarf/Band)
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
-U-Turn-
-Flare Blitz-
-Rock Slide-
-Superpower-

Darmanitan at the right moment shines. U-Turn lets me get out of a jam while dealing damage but is also really my only way of hitting psychics hard. Flare Blitz destroys Scizor, Ferro, and Forre. Rock Slide also hits Dnite and mence and any flying poke well. Superpower hits Ttar great, but I actually haven't faced one yet lol.
This is great, i suggest using scarf and using Jolly nature with it, as sheer force already gives added Power.
200px-Mew.png

Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 224 Def/ 32(?) Spe
-Taunt-
-Will-O-Wisp-
-Softboiled-
-Psychic-

Mew is great. It helps my team so much with that WoW. He ruins straight sweeps and set-up sweeps well. Taunt for things like DD Scraggy, DD Dnite, Calm Mind Latias, BU Conk, etc. Softboiled so Mew can keep going and Psychic is STAB filler that doesn't leave it taunt bait. Also kills Conk in 2 hits which is nice.
Good Choice, maybe giving the rest of the EVs in spatt rather than Speed, this will help kill off Conk quicker. Also, mew is faster than most of the pokes you listed for this, so you dont really need to worry about speed.
Forretress.gif

Item: Shed Shell
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 6 Def
-Spikes-
-Toxic Spikes-
-Rapid Spin-
-Volt Switch-

Forretress is a good wall. Also my rapid spinner so he's key to my team. SPikes and TS are great for setting up and Volt Switch lets me give damage while switching. The shed shell is just a precaution for Magnezone.
Good.
1310943897_2570_full.jpeg

Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Trick-
-Surf-
-Hidden Power Fire-
-Draco Meteor-

Latios is amazing. Tears wholes in teams. Hidden Power Fire hits Ferro who otherwise walls my team. Draco obviously for that powerful STAB and surf is a filler. Trick is for when I need to hit with more then one move constantly and to mess walls up.
Good.
SO this is my team. I definitely need to make it better so anything helps guys! :D
One thing i suggest tho, is to maybe get a spin blocker, as your main threat that you say you have is Dnite, and keeping entry hazards are very important with getting rid of MultiScale. Maybe Using gengar instead of latios, giving it HP fire and Focus blast to take care of Ferros.

Improvements in White!!

TDawg

One thing i suggest tho, is to maybe get a spin blocker, as your main threat that you say you have is Dnite, and keeping entry hazards are very important with getting rid of MultiScale. Maybe Using gengar instead of latios, giving it HP fire and Focus blast to take care of Ferros.

Improvements in White!!

Thanks for all the tips! :D I will try every suggestion and see how they work

Looks like a good start! Using Donphan without Rapid Spin is like using Lucario without Close Combat.. You might as well just run Balloon Heatran over Donphan since it checks Dragons and can also use Stealth Rocks. It abuses Spikes / SR well due to its crushing firepower and does well against sun teams.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid
252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 HP

Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Stealth Rock

If you feel you need an electric immunity and a ground type with some sort of offensive presence you can drop Darmanitan for a scarf Landorus. An extra steel type helps you take on dragons a little better as Forretress is rarely enough to prevent a Specs Latios or Dragon Dance Dragonite from decimating a team.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Naive
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Special Attack

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice
U-turn

Does a nice job of luring in Skarmory, Bronzong and Lati@s who eat a U-turn and are forced out by something else. Amazing alongside entry hazards.

Also try Psyshock > Trick on Latios and give it Life Orb. Entry hazards can quickly wear down Tyranitar and Scizor until they are in KO range so you may benefit more from a sweeping set. It also 2HKOs Chansey and Gastrodon with LO Psyshock.

On Mew run 76-80 speed EVs. This will outrun other defensive base 100's like Tentacruel, letting you Taunt it. It also outruns most Gliscor preventing them from abusing Toxic or Swords Dance.

Drop Thunderbolt on Rotom W for Trick. You can cripple a ton of switch ins like Ferrothorn or Blissey with it, leaving nothing to stop a Latios sweep.

These changes will make your team a lot more solid. I'll give more advice later!

TDawg

Looks like a good start! Using Donphan without Rapid Spin is like using Lucario without Close Combat.. You might as well just run Balloon Heatran over Donphan since it checks Dragons and can also use Stealth Rocks. It abuses Spikes / SR well due to its crushing firepower and does well against sun teams.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid
252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 HP

Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Stealth Rock

If you feel you need an electric immunity and a ground type with some sort of offensive presence you can drop Darmanitan for a scarf Landorus. An extra steel type helps you take on dragons a little better as Forretress is rarely enough to prevent a Specs Latios or Dragon Dance Dragonite from decimating a team.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Naive
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Special Attack

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice
U-turn

Does a nice job of luring in Skarmory, Bronzong and Lati@s who eat a U-turn and are forced out by something else. Amazing alongside entry hazards.

Also try Psyshock > Trick on Latios and give it Life Orb. Entry hazards can quickly wear down Tyranitar and Scizor until they are in KO range so you may benefit more from a sweeping set. It also 2HKOs Chansey and Gastrodon with LO Psyshock.

On Mew run 76-80 speed EVs. This will outrun other defensive base 100's like Tentacruel, letting you Taunt it. It also outruns most Gliscor preventing them from abusing Toxic or Swords Dance.

Drop Thunderbolt on Rotom W for Trick. You can cripple a ton of switch ins like Ferrothorn or Blissey with it, leaving nothing to stop a Latios sweep.

These changes will make your team a lot more solid. I'll give more advice later!

Whoa thanks for all the tips! I will definitely use them soon! I like the Heatran set from what you said :D One thing I would like to say that my forre has rapid spin so that's why donphan doesn't :p

EDIT: Lol not really about helping my team but with that support mew I was able to take down 4 pokes. Mew was my last poke o_O and then he ragequitted when he knew it was gameover

Last edited:

-Killa

I'm Too Pro
Alright Nice Team id run rotom with leftovers , to scare em ... make em think i had trick ! & i run Latias Over Latios Idk why mabe cuz prro xD

evan0913

Hey TDawg, since your running Forretress, have you considered Milotic?
Milotic@Leftovers
Calm, 252/0/240/0/16/0
Rest/ Sleep Talk/ Dragon Tail/ Scald.
I pair this with my Ferro and its really effective. It take special hit easily, absobs statues for the team. And when its asleep its Defence is huge thanks to Marvel Scale. Now its pretty fast even with no speed investment. Sleep Talk bypass the decrease priority of Dragon Tail, so it shuffles the opponents team really effectivly, racking up hazard damage. She is the MVP of my team, along with Forre. Battle me sometimes so I can show you :D
Also maybe a spin blocker? Sub-Disable Gengar? Counters Gliscor, Conk, Toxicroak, CM Renuclus and friends... Also force many switches, again helps with hazards.
Anyways, great team!

Last edited:

TDawg

Hey TDawg, since your running Forretress, have you considered Milotic?
Milotic@Leftovers
Calm, 252/0/240/0/16/0
Rest/ Sleep Talk/ Dragon Tail/ Scald.
I pair this with my Ferro and its really effective. It take special hit easily, absobs statues for the team. And when its asleep its Defence is huge thanks to Marvel Scale. Now its pretty fast even with no speed investment. Sleep Talk bypass the decrease priority of Dragon Tail, so it shuffles the opponents team really effectivly, racking up hazard damage. She is the MVP of my team, along with Forre. Battle me sometimes so I can show you :D
Also maybe a spin blocker? Sub-Disable Gengar? Counters Gliscor, Conk, Toxicroak, CM Renuclus and friends... Also force many switches, again helps with hazards.
Anyways, great team!
Thanks for the tip but not sure who I would replace :/ I will try it though^^ Lol sorry the late reply.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I agree with BH about the heatran>donphan. I would recommend scarf on darmanitan, but then you would have 3 choice users. :( BTW. why do you have shed shell and volt switch on Forry? The whole point of volt switch is to escape magnet pull. Use earthquake/gyro ball/counter instead.

TDawg

I agree with BH about the heatran>donphan. I would recommend scarf on darmanitan, but then you would have 3 choice users. :( BTW. why do you have shed shell and volt switch on Forry? The whole point of volt switch is to escape magnet pull. Use earthquake/gyro ball/counter instead.

I used Heatran for a bit. It did goes as well as Donphan sadly. Probably the way I played him. And yeah I have a band on Darmi but he gets killed so quick by Rotom and the like I am going to switch it to a Scarf. I like bluffing the Scarf/Specs with Latios so I have been using that item more then anything. And lol I didn't even realize. -_- Changed!