• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Noob Grass Deck... Advice Needed!

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
A month or so ago, my brother dug out his old Infernape and Team Rocket decks and started getting into TCG again. he sucked me into it too, so I excavated my ancient cards, none of which fit together into some sort of deck. So for my first few battles I was juggling about 6 different types. It was AWFUL. But when I stumbled upon an Ivysaur and my brother gave me his Bulbasaur and Venusaur (don't know why he had only those two) my deck finally started shaping up. I collected more Grass Pokemon (and definetly some more Grass Energy!) and came about with this deck, that has a hint of Electric in there. I don't know anything about the series or rarities, so I'll just list the Pokemon's attacks.

Pokemon:
1 Bulbasaur (Leech Seed)
1 Ivysaur (Sleep Seed and Vine Whip)
1 Venusaur (Wide Solarbeam and Hard Plant)
2 Snivy (Tackle and Vine Whip)
1 Combee (Soliciting Nectar and Gust)
1 Zubat (Supersonic and Leech Life)
1 Golbat (Spiral Drain with Pokebody- Self Control)
1 Electrike (Recharge and Quick Attack)
1 Manectric (Thunder Spear and Magnetic Tackle)
1 Maractus (Constant Rattle and Giga Drain)
1 Eevee (Tail Wag and Quick Attack)
1 Leafeon (Miasma Wind and Soothing Scent)
2 Butterfree FB (Select Powder and Pokebody- Compound Eyes)
1 Blitzle (Rear Kick)

Trainer:
2 Dual Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Underground Expedition
1 Oran Berry
1 Fieldworker
2 Roseanne's Research
1 Master Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Potion
2 Felicity's Drawing
2 Copycat
1 Switch
2 Pokeball

Energy:
13 Grass
6 Electric
2 Double Colourless
1 Full Heal Energy

I don't have many more Trainer cards than that. I have more Pokemon, enough to swap Electric for Water I think, because I have 2 Clamperl, plus a Huntail and Gorebyss. I also have Tentacool/cruel, and a Light Vaporeon.
I know I should have more Basics, like, 2 or 3 Bulbasaur instead of one, but the fact is I don't spend money on the game. All the cards I have are either gifts from my bro, gifts from the League I go to, ones I got from trades, or ones that I've just been saving all this time. It would be too much trouble to name all the other cards I have, but you can ask.
All advice is welcome! I hardly know any TCG lingo, so if you use it PLEASE explain it!!