• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Noob help on EV training

Clossy

Ok.

So I've just learned the fundamentals of EV training and decided to go try it out. Went to the verdanturf cave with my lvl 60 metagross, killed 4 whismurs and to my dismay my HP didn't increase. Why is this? I'm assuming it's something like the stat changes only occur on a level increase but I can find no guide that confirms this, oddly.

Much appreciated if anyone helps.

Kalosian

So long
As you said, the stat changes happen when the Pokemon levels up. My source for this is Bulbapedia. It is different in the 5th gen games though, where the stats are recalculated after every battle instead.

MedicalSledgeHammer

AveragePokemonFan
^You know more than me, I didn't know 5th gen worked differently. Thanks for that, as for the question, it updates it after the level up.
Plus, you'd get more EVs if you gave your Pokemon a Macho Brace. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

^You know more than me, I didn't know 5th gen worked differently. Thanks for that, as for the question, it updates it after the level up.
Plus, you'd get more EVs if you gave your Pokemon a Macho Brace. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you're correct. Macho Brace doubles your EVs gained (and Pokerus, if you're lucky enough to find that).

MedicalSledgeHammer

AveragePokemonFan
I thought that was a Pokemon sickness though, and made you lose your Pokemon?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
I thought that was a Pokemon sickness though, and made you lose your Pokemon?

No, not at all. It's a good shite in general, and the effect of doubling EVs also stays after the virus' gone, you just can spread it out no more. As for me, I just don't like the sign which is marked in your poke's summary once it's recovered from the virus- some ulgy (tiny) smiley..

MedicalSledgeHammer

AveragePokemonFan
Ahh, so it's actually a good thing. I knew about it, just none of my Pokemon have ever had it.