• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Noobish Things

The Flash

I like shorts!
Just name some Noob like things you did when you first played the games.

-I repeatedly used fire punch on Chuck's primape because i thought that he would catch on fire.
-I refused to use poison types because team rocket used mostly poison.
-When i picked mudkip for my starter in hoenn(which was a major mistake) and it evolved into marshtomp i thought mudkip was evolving into celebi.
-I would skip trainers.

Shiny Bashamo

Isn't it cute ^^
Isnt there already a thread like this?

anyways, the standard things;

- pressed A+B+down while catching pokémon
- giving my pokes only attacking moves
- my red team had to consist of pokes with Hyperbeam
- teaching TM's you can get only once in game to some stupid poke
- fainting pokes and then using a pokeball (it went this way in the animé so I thougt it would work the same way in the game

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Fell for the A+B trick.

Thought that if you caught the main legend, you'd win the game....

I remember doing something else, but i can't remember it right now....

Thought Ditto was a Uber Pokemon and had a team of Dittos and battle the Elite 4. Failed miserbly.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Wasted my ice beam TM on a random Swampert, then taught it Endeveor over it.

Needless to say, said move didn't work so well.

Twin

In Red, I decided that Charmander really wasn't worth it and decided to go with a Pidgey as my primary guy. Ended up with a Lvl. 70+ Pidgeot and a Lvl. 36 Charizard in my PC.

*shakes head*

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Thought Ditto was a Uber Pokemon and had a team of Dittos and battle the Elite 4. Failed miserbly.

What.
Ditto = Uber strength?

I'm gonna us this stratagey against my elite four!

NEW ONE:

thought that Breeding a Latios and a Latias together would make lati@s babys.

Oh, thats just sick now that i think about it.

random guardian

Get your flame on!
once in pokemon yellow because I could not beat brock with pikachu and because I only traine one pokemon I got a nidoran boy and kept it with me for every battle all because I thought pikachu would be worthless after brock.

Superlugia3

All soul, no heart.
  • A+B catch trick
  • Ran away from kyogre because my pokemon were weak
  • Raised a blaziken to level 100, bragged about it in school and then RELEASED it thinking I would find it again.

In Yellow:
I thought Pikachu with "Thundershock Thunderbolt Thunder & Flash" was a good moveset.
I stuck the extra starters in the box after they first evolved, and replaced them with other random Poke's till I got the legendary birds.
I captured Articuno with a Pokeball cause I forgot to buy UltraBalls before going to seafoam.

In Gold/Silver/Crystal:
I thought it was easy to navigate Dark Cave without Flash (Got stuck and took 2 hours to get out)
I thought Red Gyarados was a Glitch at first (Not for long)
I thought Soft Sand could destroy the rocks in water routes that keep you in the boundaries of the game (wut?)

In Sapphire:
I thought Torchic evolved into Groudon (I blame kids in 5th grade)
I thought Grovyle was a Legendary (From looking at pictures in Magazine reviews)
Not game related, but I threw the cart into water for some reason, "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played, but clock based events will no longer occur."

In Diamond:
I raised 3 water types at once (Empoleon, Floatzel, Gyarados)
Thankfully, nothing else stupid........yet.

Edit: Fixed the Sapphire quote

Last edited:

Banananana

took me forever to figure out how to get out of the house in red.
who puts a carpet by their door on the inside of the house anyways.

i thought your little character guy would grow bigger, cause in the beginning of the game he shrinks from a normal person to the little gameboy character in like 4 stages.

when in game trainers would say stuff to you as if you had just said something to them, i'd be like, waitwut

on the end of nugget bridge, when he asks you to join team rocket, i kept resetting cause i wanted to say yes but it kept automatically saying no.

and other stuff

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
i thought your little character guy would grow bigger, cause in the beginning of the game he shrinks from a normal person to the little gameboy character in like 4 stages.

Judging by the original sprite, your character would be Godzilla when he grew fully.

SuperWeb606

Used a master ball on a magkicarp to see if it worked. It did.

Some idiot told me you could open up your game, mess around with it, put it together and get a new game. WTF?

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Sapphire was my first ever Pokemon game (though I've watched my brother play some of the older games). I trained my Blaziken to level 70 while my other pokemon were under level 40 for the Elite 4.

In FireRed I made Vaporeon have all water attacking moves, but I fixed that. C;

Wasted Masterball on Raikou in Silver.

Taught my Infernape in Diamond a crappy moveset.

I gave all my Pokemon attacking moves until I recently got Platinum and started realizing EV training is the best.

ShoelaceKid

Well, I did the A+B and Down trick, which I still do now as a habit.
Also, in Gold, I released my Typhlosion because I wanted to be like the gym leaders and concentrate on one type of pokemon. Water pokemon.

Shadowed Darkrai

THE Inactive User.
I kept using Flamethrower on a Magikarp in Crystal, hoping to evaporate it.
In Crystal I didn't know you could use PCs to store Pokemon. When I got 6 Pokemon, I caught a seventh and released my Eevee, because I thought I could catch another Eevee anyway.
In Pearl I taught my Steelix Dragonbreath and wondered why it was so weak.
I thought that the Red Gyarados was a regular one so I killed it.
In Crystal I let my Pidgeot keep Gust, even after level 70, because I liked the move graphics.
In Crystal I taught my Machoke Ice Punch and after it got to level 71 I thought, "When will the darn thing evolve into Machamp?!"