• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Noodles: Roamin' Off (585)

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I liked the episode. When I saw the preview pictures I thought it was just going to be an episode about Ash and friends protecting a shiny Metagross from Team Rocket, but I was happily surprised.

I think this episode could have been a good time for Jesse to win another contest, but oh well. The battle against Metagross was awesome, but I think it would have been cool if Team Rocket could have actually beat it and sent it to the boss. Its not like this pokemon is really important (like a legendary pokemon) and it doesn't belong to a trainer, so I see no reason for them not to have won this time.

milenadrg

Hm, episode was pointless and another way to show us how loosers Team Rocket are. It was stupid how James still wanted to be a TR member. However, it wasn't that bad as I tought. It was cool seeing another Shiny Pokemon. And Seviper's Poison Tail working on Metagross, huh?

thunderblade12

Well I can kinda see why poison tail would work. Maybe the poison didn't harm Metagross but it was still slammed by a snake monster's tail.

This episode was good IMO. It's one of those episodes that aren't very interesting to watch in Japanese (only if you can't speak Japanese obvious) but once you watch the dub it will change your opinion.

Were those kids implying that the shiny Metagross killed people?

Kid: "I heard some people are never heard from again after encountering the different
colored Metagross"

James: "Looks like this is the end!"

Hm...

The dub also kept all of the Japanese culture references which isn't all that surprising. PUSA even used the word "shuriken" in the Battle Frontier saga so I guess the people who hate when the cultutral things are edited no longer have to worry.

Last edited:

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
i liked the episode. I acually thought it would be the end for TR. It was funny when Ash just effortlessly used thunderbolt on Team Rocket at the begging. he was like, "i dont have time for you, were are in a hurry". And he just effortlessly blastewd them off. LOL

Torpoleon

I actually liked this episode. It seemed better than I thought. As do the other episodes. They only got back together because James would have had his lunch handed to him by the Shiny Metagross.

Buizelster

I kinda hated James for being so damn selfish in this episode. Especially since Jesse and Meowth found their own ways to be happy.

I'm sorry but I find Team Rocket so annoying these days that I would love it if they split up or were killed off. At least then it'd get rid of the worst villains in the show.

But all in all it was a good episode. Even for a Team Rocket centric one.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
LOL, I was away only a bit longer than usual and you've already produced six pages :D

Anyways, a great episode and quite moving as well.
Although basically, the most important things have already been mentioned, I think there're still a few aspects which are worth analyzing:

First of all, Ash finishing off Team Rocket with ease and in no time was a welcome change. His dismissive and slightly arrogant tone cracked me up and reminded me of a former episode in which he said something like "Come on Team Rocket, I really don't feel like palying with you at the moment.Get lost!" It was in an episode where he was looking for Pikachu. I'm so embarrassed that I'm incapable of recalling the title,sorry...
Anyways, his Team Rocket-imitation at the end sure was the icing on the cake and rounded off an episode in which we saw quite a superior Ash :cool:

Next, the emotional Team Rocket scenes which were really awesome and moving. The ones which touched me the most were Meowth getting angry at Jessie and James with his face downwards and finally yelling at them in a quite shocking tone which I've never heard before, Jessie saying farewell to Meowth while trying to suppress her tears and James sitting by the camp fire, feeling somewhat depressed. Partly, these were highly profound scenes and lines, which must certainly have delighted older fans like us.

Now, let's concern ourselves with the shiny (different-looking/ oddly-colored/ rare-looking) Metagross: It sure looked amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to catch it either. Yes, I would even try to catch it at all costs, no matter how diffult it is said to be (I'm not a wimp, you know). What a great, unique, and intelligent partner that Pokemon would be! I'm really wondering why Hunter J hasn't set her sights on it yet. Well, I'd better say Thank God and that I hope she'll never even think about catching it. What an awe-inspiring Pokemon it would be for my hero Ash or my Queen Cynthia!
WHY, why in the world can't the writers have Ash catch it? Why is he barely allowed to have a real behemoth on his current team? (apart from Charizard, Tauros, Snorlax and Sceptile which we only get to see once in a while, if anything) I want him to have it so badly!

Unfortunately, I've also got one point of criticism though: The BGM when Jessie and James were floating helplessly in the air, awaiting Metagross's final Hyper Beam and when the fled his Gyro Ball in the ballon was kind of unworthy for this serious situation if you ask me. The silence in the "our end is near" -scene somehow was too less and I would have expected some dramatic or emotional music and the "My Sharona" imitation was too playful for these scenes and therefore out of place. But that can't be helped.
BTW. Shiny Aeon, I never expected that I would actually coin a term here in the community some day (" 'My Sharona'-esque background music" to be precise) which would then be adopted by other users. I'm really honored. Thank you ^^

All in all, a fantastic episode which was worth the waiting time!

8 out of 10 points

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good for a filler. It definitely got me in the mood for noodles. LOL. Like how ash, Brock, and Dawn reacted in the Team Rocket first appeared.

BROCK: *boringly* Oh, it's just Team Rocket.
~Later~
ASH: *boringly* Pikachu, Thunderbolt.

I laughed so much with that. I was wondering when they were gonna start doing that. Also cool to see a shiny Metagross. What was even cooler was when Metagross was calculating how to smash Team Rocket with rocks.

The end was also funny when Ash guessed that the "shooting star" could just be Team Rocket being sent away by Metagross. I kinda would have liked the idea of Ash, Dawn, and Brock coming across that shiny Metagross though.

FlameRose

Now this was a fun little episode. :3

The neginning with Ash being all bored while blasting TR off was hilarious. Jeez, why doesn't he do that more often anyway?

Speaking of Ash and Co, it was nice they were kept to a minimal in this one. They didn't do much, but what little they did seemed to play a nice role in the plot, such as Dawn being the one to mention Metagross and then when James was gone saying how dangerous it was. Kudos to the writers!

Now, TR was brilliant. I had to smile at despite how they THINK they can go their seperate ways, we all know without oneanother they'd be lost. I have to admit, I wonder what would have happened if Meowth hadn't had a change of heart and saved J&J. I liked Christopher, and was surprised to hear he worked for TR! Wonder how he felt when Meowth left...

Anyway, great filler building up for the epicness next week!

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
When ash could care less about team rocket it
makes they show funny

Just saw this episode. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations of this episode, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Should've been studying, but meh. -procrastinating-
Just a few points I noticed while watching.

-Haha, I liked the intro. xD Ash and co were completely indifferent to Team Rocket. Lol at the casual way Ash said, "Pikachu, thunderbolt okay?"
-Jessie looks gorgeous with her hair down. But that might be because we see her with a gravity-defying hairdo every episode.
-Lol, Meowth's found his talent: Noodle-making xD
-Ash: "You've lost it this time" xDDD
-Team Rocket really is stalking Ash and co. It seems to me it's more personal revenge now than to please Giovanni.
-Hmm... Jessie still only has two ribbons :/ I really do hope she gets five before the Grand Festival...
-James's face after hearing Ash and co talk about the alternate coloured Metagross is priceless. XD
-Dawn looks too happy when she says everyone gets hurt by the Metagross. Sadistic much?
-James is insane. You won't defeat Metagross with a Carnivine and Mime Jr.
-Poison Tail shouldn't do anything to Metagross...
-Lol. Never insult a Metagross.
-Those two random guys have really got to find something else to talk about other than Metagross and Team Rocket.
-How'd Meowth get to Team Rocket so fast? o.o
-Yay, happy music, and Team Rocket's back together :3
-Gyro ball looks so awesome when Metagross uses it.
-Ash's imitation of Team Rocket yelling "We're blasting off again!" is hilarious.
-Almost no Ash and co. in this episode.

Aww, I liked this episode. :3 Especially how Ash and co were so naive and indifferent.
Hmm, I want some ramen now :3

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
This has proved that they are in fact, inseparable. And, they've almost beaten the Metagross. You could see their decisiveness while battling. I think, if they could channel their rage into making a very dangerous plan, Ash&co. would be in deep sh*t.

Buizelster

They weren't all that close at all. Knocking it down doesn't mean they were close. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten blasted off so easily after it got ******. Showing why it's mind is like a super computer.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I liked the episode, it was pretty good to have more spotlight for Team Rocket. When my friend watched it, he loved it that Sean voiced the COTD. And yeah, as usual, he's a great voice actor.

One party that looked pretty corny was when Dawn thought Team Rocket's blast off again was a shooting star. And wished that she will win her 5th Ribbon. She will, but it looked pretty hilarious to missunderstand for a comet. XP

Overall, good episode.

Vernikova

Champion
I really liked this episode. Ash's reaction to Team Rocket appearing at the beginning of the episode was pretty hilarious. I found Ash, Dawn, and Brock to be pretty funny in this episode with the little amount of time they had in the episode. As usual though, the Team Rocket-centric episodes are good and this episode is no different.

Darkxninga

To be honest, this episode was ...boring. I wasnt expecting it to be anything interesting for me.

1. Jessies hair looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cuter down its much better than the way she usual looks.
2. That ramen shop guy Chris ........Gokus voice.....lol. Suprised at that since I wanted to know what he was saying in the Japanese version ( could kinda tell by the flashback)
3. Shiny Metagross.... aweeesssommmme
4.I hated how TR got that metagross to be on the floor weak for a moment and didnt try to catch it. if they werent so dumb they coulda caught it while it was weak that second. I believe they could have defeated it if they werent so stuipd. They made Jessies comeback all "wow shes back ( kinda )" and then gets owned. Then meowth comes in and they get defeated like nothing. Sad...just sad.
5.Honestly TR is VERYYY annoying now and not funny anymore.There voices are all messed up especially Meowths ( sounds too harsh) and James voices (sounds like he needs to see a doctor for that sick voice and it seems like something is up his noise when he talks or goes "huh?" )It would have been better if they went thier own ways. Meowth would have been very successful out of the 3 if he had that ramen job. Im not sure what James would have chose though. I wouldnt mind if they actual left or be replaced one day ( which some are hoping for).
6. Omgosh Ash saying "We're blasting off again" like TR...LOL he sounded like an old man.

Wasnt a very very bad filler though just disappointing (for some including myself) but what are ya gonna expect, TR is gonna be here for a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time, as usual.

Last edited:

Buizelster

Personally I'd just like to see Team Rocket find success in legit business instead of screwing up each others lives because the others still persist to stay in Team Rocket and capture pikachu.

This episode is just another example of that. As good as it may have been. It always seems like when we have episodes like this one member of the trio always has to drag the others down when the two that wish to go straight finally find some form of success.