• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Noodles: Roamin' Off (585)

LaprasBoi

Old Skool
I didn't watch the episode, but by looking at the pics, it looks alright. But one thing I have to say is: Jessie looks much better with her hair down like it is after she got wet.
I just started watching this OnDemand and I rewound to take a look at the still. Indeed, Jessie is rather strikingly pretty with her long hair down like that( and no I’m not perving on her, I’m not into females thank you very much). If it were dry and brushed, she could really make an impression at a contest if she wore it that way. And I don’t think it’s just the contrast between that and her normal styles, I think having it flowing and a little bit over her face makes you realize that she’s actually almost a cliché “pretty anime chick” but they go to great lengths to hide it.

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Meh this episode was all right but I think meowth is better off alone hes funnier and cooler without Jessie and James. But then again who would translate poke words for Jessie and James so their pretty much useless without meowth.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good TR episode.

I loved the shining Metagross, but it was so evil, and almost killed TR.

8/10

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
it was a good ep but i think that they could have done more. It was sweet when Jessie saved James!!! But, i think that they could have made J + J be abit more um... ''Romantic'' because i am a Rocketshipper and want to see them get together.
My favourite moment would be from the episode ''Holy Matrimony'' with the hot air balloon at the end and James pulling Jessie into it and them gazing at each other <3

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Easily my favorite episode so far of season 12, it jumped to the #5 spot on my own personal list of favorite Pokemon episodes. I love episodes that revolve around Team Rocket, and this episode is no exception. The trio reuniting with an old colleague with hero worship, Meowth finding a talent for noodle making, the trio reuniting to go after the shiny metagross, the funny bit with Ash deciding to blast them off right away because he doesn't have time, all make for an awesome episode. They should make more episodes like this. :) At least we'll get to see Christopher again soon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't think much of this episode. We've seen too many Team Rocket episodes in Sinnoh for me to be shocked.

I'm glad that at least they showed their true colors, they all care about each other obviously. They aren't "evil" like most people think.

Kinda Filler, but I liked the Shiny Metagross. 3/10

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
It shows the love between Jessie and James so therefore, I automatically LOVE it!!! They need to make an ep where Jessie and James FULLY express their feelings for each other. It would be THE BEST EP EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I didn't really care for this episode too much. I only liked the Shiny Metagross, other than that, this episode was pretty forgettable.

The best quotes of the episode:

Ash: Oh, it's just you guys (Team Rocket). Pikachu, Thunderbolt.

Dawn: Oh, look, a shooting star! I wish to win my fourth(?) contest ribbon!
Ash: It's probably Team Rocket saying "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

Priceless!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Wonder what would have happened if James was also offered a job or something

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I liked this episode, at first I thought it was just another one of those Noodles episodes when I saw the glimpse of the summary (Which we have had like a million time) but it wasn't focused on that, sure it was another Team Rocket Breakup but it was still good.

I liked how Jessie saved the day. Now tell me how her Seviper and Yanmega came in knocking Metagrass right to the bottom of the valley yet they cannot defeat a Pikachu... Or a Turtwig... Or a anything. It seems that Ash and co are bad luck for them and anyone who's around them (COTD) is also prone to having their weak Pokemon kick the said Pokemon butts.

I also liked seeing Shiny Metagross, makes me want to get one XD, it was hilarious how Ash said (Well what Pain quoted), because it really was them and he actually predicted it:)

I could so imagine Jessie going "You wish!" to Dawn when she had made that wish too.

ReiicheruMorgan

Team Rocket Spy
I thought this episode was quite good actually. Mime Jr. is immense, as is James (I'm talking about his Japanese voice here ^_^), and it was quite cool to see him try to do something 'butch' (he looks real stupid when he tries, that's why I love it :D)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was interesting to see a Metagross warning sign, only the 2nd time that has been shown in the Anime. The boss fantasy with Meowzie was very odd and unexpected. It was cool to see a Shiny Metagross for the 1st time, the regular one looks a lot better. It was cool to see Meowth work in the noodle shop, and actually watch it prepare the noodles. It was cool how TR's friend was willing to hire Meowth.

31/100

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I loved the Team Rocket vs Metagross part (I hoped they knew that Metagross has a brain as a super computer xD).

Last edited:

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Am I the only one who didn't like this episode much? The only thing that really stood out to me was the beginning, with Ash blasting them off.

#11: Noodles: Roamin' Off!

Ash and his friends are walking, and...moronic Team Rocket? Already?

Fortunately, Ash decides to blast them off, having no time for their shenanigans. Awesome! Though it only highlights how bad TR really is, Ash deciding to dispatch them early was great. Sadly, it goes down the drain from here...

They land in the sea, then come out covered in seaweed. We get a lot of melodrama in the form of Jessie and Meowth wanting to give up (they wait until DP117 of all episodes to decide this?), and boy is it laid on thick. James is more adamant, however...they go to a noodle shop, eat without paying, try and escape, Ash and company just happen to show up, they're found and sent to the owner.

The next thing they do is...ask for forgiveness.

I'm serious.

Not just asking, but pleading...Team Rocket,
everyone.

It turns out Christopher (the owner) knew them from when he used to be in TR. Long story short, they went to a ramen shop, where Jessie and James told him there's life outside of TR. He appreciated their kindness and was so impressed by their cooking that he opened a noodle shop and named it after them, and now it's famous all around Sinnoh. Well I'm glad someone's impressed, because I'm not.

Also, none of this makes any sense. If the Jessie and James noodle shop is so famous, how come this is the first time the main characters have either seen one or even heard about it?

Anyway, Christopher repays them by letting them eat free, some clumsy person drops a dough ball, Meowth slices it into perfect noodles. Impressed, Chris offers him a position, but his teammates are against the idea, and they leave. Well, good to know they won't be breaking up for a stupid reason, right?

Meanwhile, with OUR THREE HEROES, they're walking, when they're confronted with...a noodle robot? Really? They're not even trying anymore...after TR says a lame noodle variation of the motto, Ash, just like last time, blasts them off (it wasn't electricproof), but this time, instead of being funny, it's just pitiful. After stock footage of them splashing and coming out in seaweed, Jessie and James blame Meowth. Uhh, no, you're all equally at fault. You three should know by now to
electric proof your devices! The writers decide to pile on even more melodrama, and have Meowth leave his friends and go back to Christopher. Uh, wow, this is proving to be the worst breakup episode yet. James tries to go after him, but Jessie stops him...then, proving once and for all she cares nothing for anyone but herself, they give her the following exchanges with James:

Jessie: Quitting Team Rocket will be good for me too.
James: What?
Jessie: Time to give Top Coordinator Jessalina the fulltime shot she truly deserves!

...You wouldn't be where you were without Team Rocket! (Which makes it even more stupid that she stopped James from trying to bring back Meowth). Oh, but it doesn't stop there:

Jessie: James, you should give this some thought. You do come from a filthy rich family. And what about that fiancée in waiting?

...Do I even need to EXPLAIN what's wrong with this line?!

Moving on, James vows to get on top of the TR ladder, but later that night, he can't stop thinking about them. Then Ash, Brock and Dawn arrive at the scene, talking about Metagross mountain, which is said to house an oddly colored Metagross. Is it sad for me to be glad for this distraction in order to forget Jessie's *****iness? Now, James decides to go there to catch it for TR, not hearing about how dangerous it is.

Ash, Dawn and Brock didn't even need to be in this scene, James could have found out from another source. Some hikers see James climb, but don't even try and warn him. Meanwhile, Jessie overhears two people talking about a naive trainer with an R on his shirt who climbed the mountain. She knew who it was, so she went back to the noodle shop to tell Meowth. After an unfunny scene involving Christopher and "Jessalina", we get even more melodrama, as well as this line:

Meowth: Dig it! The Meowth you used to know is gone!
Jessie: Meowth, gone?
Meowth: Since I started working in this noodle joint, I'm blooming bigger than a dozen roses! And now I finally found somebody who appreciates my talent a lot more than you and James ever did!

Oh, the irony of that first line (minus "Dig it!"). First off, who talks like this? Second, that last line only highlights that they seem to be together for superficial reasons (for example, Meowth makes mechas), and not because they're a trio of friends.

Jessie then explains to him that she just came here to congratulate him. I thought she came to warn him about James? Way to prove once more you only care about yourself. Meanwhile, James encounters the oddly colored Metagross, and boy, is it disappointing. It poses absolutely NO threat (except when it's required for the plot). Mime Jr and Carnivine try and beat it, but a few bad color puns later, Metagross uses Psychic to wrap them in its vines. Jessie has to come to the rescue with Yanmega's Steel Wing and Seviper's...Poison tail.

You see what I mean by it not putting up a fight? SW shouldn't even affect it that much, and Poison tail shouldn't evendo damage. Yet, it's enough to send it down a cliff. After Jessie makes fun of it, it comes back, but Wobbuffet uses Counter to deflect the rocks back at it, talking it down. Then Jessie, guess what she does...mocks it again. Metagross has it in a psychic hold and gets ready to use Hyper Beam, when Meowth comes in with a machine gun. Instead of trying to capture it for the boss (probably because it's too weak ), they try and run away, but a Gyro Ball sends them....blasting off again. That was pretty lame, James went up the mountain for nothing.

Meanwhile, Dawn sees a shooting star and wishes upon it, and then we get the funniest line in the episode:

Ash: You know, maybe that was Team Rocket getting zapped by that Metagross and then flying off while screaming "We're blasting off again!".
Brock: Yeah, or maybe not.

Dawn suggests for Ash to wish upon a star, and he says this:

Ash: No need, cause we're gonna be okey-dokey!

Lame...and the episode ends there. Too much melodrama, bad dialogue, and general stupidity ruined what could have been a decent episode. Also, their reason for breaking up was one of the worst yet.

Also, minor nitpick, but you'd think Ash would want to battle (or catch) that Shiny Metagross.

Last edited:
It was a mediocre episode to me. Ehh...like Brownie said, the only thing that stood out was Ash at the get-go.

Ash: "Oh, it's Team Rocket. Pikachu, thunderbolt, m'kay."

ROFL.

Wow, good job, Sarah Natochenny. Hilarious delivery-- really, I commend you there.

Now, we have to hear TPCi Team Rocket and be subjected to their weird natures throughout the episode.

Christopher is very clearly voiced by Sean Schemmel in his standard "I am Goku. You are Goku. We are all Goku." voice. Seriously man, RANGE, do you HAVE it? -_-

No wonder Lisa Ortiz and him are getting married- their lack of any range is a match made in heaven

The Shiny Metagross bit was interesting enough, though.

The episode itself was really just mediocre. The dub was strangely interesting on this one, though. Because over half the lines are totally wrong.

Dub: 60/100 (D)
Episode: 50/100 (F)

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
It was a mediocre episode to me. Ehh...like Brownie said, the only thing that stood out was Ash at the get-go.

Ash: "Oh, it's Team Rocket. Pikachu, thunderbolt, m'kay."

ROFL.

Wow, good job, Sarah Natochenny. Hilarious delivery-- really, I commend you there.

Now, we have to hear TPCi Team Rocket and be subjected to their weird natures throughout the episode.

Christopher is very clearly voiced by Sean Schemmel in his standard "I am Goku. You are Goku. We are all Goku." voice. Seriously man, RANGE, do you HAVE it? -_-

No wonder Lisa Ortiz and him are getting married- their lack of any range is a match made in heaven

The Shiny Metagross bit was interesting enough, though.

The episode itself was really just mediocre. The dub was strangely interesting on this one, though. Because over half the lines are totally wrong.

Dub: 60/100 (D)
Episode: 50/100 (F)

Just saw this episode today and I totally agree with Ash's effortlessly hilarious command for Thunderbolt.

Now, if I was in Meowth's shoes, I'd be staying as a cook in the noodle house. I mean, who doesn't want popularity for being a Pokémon that can do such a task. Team Rocket can never match that fame.

James's encounter with Metagross is quite amusing but foolhardy. Imagine almost getting killed by a Metagross that was mysteriously able to take damage from a freaking Poison Tail.

I'm gonna have to say that this episode is mediocre as well.

LizardonX

Banned
I really liked how this ep wasn't just another TR filler with Meowth's noodling skills being used as a Chekhov's gun later on.

NPT

Just a member
This was just another Team Rocket breakup episode ..... but I liked it.
It was funny when Ash blasted Team Rocket before they could do anything.
Later Team Rocket's noodle-robot(What a funny robot) gets destoryed by Pikachu's Thunderbolt and they decideds to part ways. James decides to catch Pokemon for his boss, Jessie decides to improve her contest skills as Jessalina and Mewoth decides to go back to the Noodles shop.
It's cool to see a shiny Metagross, no wonder James wanted it so badly.
It's nice when Jessie saved James, their interaction were good in this episode.
At the TR finally reunited again (Although I knew that they won't stay seperated).....only to be get blasted off by the Shiny Metagross's Gyro Ball attack.
The best part of this episode was where Dawn thought Team Rocket(Who were blasting off) a shooting star, and Ash corrected her by saying " Maybe that's Team Rocket getting blasted off".