• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Noodles: Roamin' Off (585)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Team Rocket Disband!?

Travelling towards the next town, Team Rocket encounter an old friend whom has set up a Ramen shop in their honour. Seeing how successful he has been since he quit Team Rocket, Jessie & James start considering whether their vocation has taken them as far as its going to. Meanwhile, Ash & Co. near to Team Rocket, enter a valley that's inhabited by an Alternate Coloured Metagross...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Wow, I have a feeling I know the guy who set up this ramen shop in their honor, if I may guess, I would say the guy who gave James his magikarp in season 1. I loved it when James realeased magikarp then automatically became a gyarados. Maybe then team rocket would have finally caught pikachu. What do you think,serebii?

Hehe.
Ramen Shop.
Whenever I see that, I picture a kid in headphones with a creepy silver-haired pedo named Josh, trying to help some fat ramen-shop owner get his business back on its feet.
I really need to stop playing that game.

Anyways, did anything of great importance happen, besides them not actually breaking up, like I knew they wouldn't?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Don't think so.

Yanmega and Seviper saving the day was neat though...well, saving James.
And Wobbuffet used Counter.
And then Meowth ended up saving the day.
Also, it's really cute when Yanmega sits on Seviper's head. :p

Last edited:

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
the warning metagross sign was awesome.....

i wonder if pokemon were real if they would have warnings like that all over the world for certain species of pokemon..ha ha

and yeah seviper and yanmega saving the day was really awesome and animated nicely

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
No gimmick review this time, but I'm promising something real good next week (spring break) for the farewell of a certain "bird of a feather".

Like all TR-centered episodes, this was very solid, though I feel they could have done a bit more with it. While it would have been nice to see Jessie rack up a ribbon just to keep that plot moving, there was a lot else going on here (heck, it even ended abruptly). I was more hoping that Random-Filler-Man-from-TR's-Past (who was designed very flatly) would reveal some of the ongoings back at TR HQ, but he was dropped early in the episode.

But holy sh*t, was that a Meowzy cameo in Meowth's fantasy? Upon a quick comparison with framegrabs of "Go West, Young Meowth", IT IS. Neglected TR Pokemon also got a chance to shine here, and looking into Metagross' computerized mind was awesome. Loved Meowth saving the day, with the return of his bazooka in true form. (Remember the hooplah in AG when everyone thought 4Kids would ban the Wynaut episode because of that bazooka? Good times.)

It wasn't as emotional as some past TR outings, nor was the team in full "Badass Mode" like in DP092, but those who pegged this as a "boring filler" made complete asses of themselves, as always.

BM14murph

Master Collector
It was a good episode in my opinion

Although i thought they could have done alot more with the battle with metagross

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Wow, I loved the continuity to Meowth's former crushes:

[img139]http://i42.*******.com/2819fk2.jpg[/img139]

That's Meowzie, isn't it? And possibly May's Skitty?

Why is Lopunny there? Meowth didn't crush on that Lopunny we saw, but I do love the continuity with the other two.

dman_dustin

Why is Lopunny there? Meowth didn't crush on that Lopunny we saw, but I do love the continuity with the other two.
Because it's possible Lopunny was a male in that episode.

It wasn't as emotional as some past TR outings, nor was the team in full "Badass Mode" like in DP092, but those who pegged this as a "boring filler" made complete asses of themselves, as always.

I don't know personally I found the episode average, it wasn't really anything to write home about.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Because it's possible Lopunny was a male in that episode.

You're gonna start some needless debates with that kinda talk around here, pal.

Also, I kinda thought the episode was a bit dull...I mean, the part where Team Rocket fought Metagross was neat, but everything else was "eh". When they entered the Ramen Shop and suddenly I heard a loud voice yelling at them, for a second I thought it was gonna be that shop owner from the Hoenn League. :(

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
So I assume that move our Big Friendly Giant Enemy Crab used to blast TR off was Meteor Mash or Gyro Ball?

Azure Flame

I didn't watch the episode, but by looking at the pics, it looks alright. But one thing I have to say is: Jessie looks much better with her hair down like it is after she got wet.

uber gon

Accept Change
What was Metagross using when its eyes went all digital?

PinkPantsMan

Indeed Jessie her hair looked cooler :p

Can someone tell me how the battle went vs Metagross? (What attack did Mime Jr use?)

pokefiend_13

Harley-san Fanboy
It came to no surprise that I loved this episode. Classic Team Rocket development is always a treat. What was even more amazing was the AD's talent in this episode. Does anyone know who he or she was?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Like all TR-centered episodes, this was very solid, though I feel they could have done a bit more with it. While it would have been nice to see Jessie rack up a ribbon just to keep that plot moving, there was a lot else going on here (heck, it even ended abruptly). I was more hoping that Random-Filler-Man-from-TR's-Past (who was designed very flatly) would reveal some of the ongoings back at TR HQ, but he was dropped early in the episode.

This.

The episode was good, but I felt it could have been so much better. As outlandish as everyone thought my whole idea of TR splitting up so that focus could be shifted to TG was, maybe something a little more tame could have happened. The way it seemed to flow for me was Meowth got pissed at Jessie and James and decided to go work at a noodle restaurant that just happened to be run by one of their former colleagues. Then Jessie decided to take a day off to practice some appeals. James, with nothing to do, decided to go battle and (maybe) capture a Metagross that was alternately colored (did those two guys in the episode mention that or something).

It didn't seem like a break up episode compared to "The Ole Berate and Switch" from the BF saga. It felt more like 3 subplots strung together in an episode.

I do have to admit it was very refreshing to have 95% of this episode dedicated to TR. I would have liked Jessie to have been in a contest, but then we'd be left wondering why Dawn didn't enter since they were nearby as well.

Best part of the episode by far was Jessie coming to save the day. Megayanma kicked ***!