• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Normal Pokemon-Legendaries = Real Life Animals -Cryptids

Alloute

Not Banned
Mystical sea creatures is too vague to be its own classification.

Mystical sea serpents then, if that is a little more specific for your taste.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
;386; Deoxys is based on E.T.
;465; Tangrowth based on BigFoot (cryptid)
;460; Abomasnow based on Yeti or the "Abominable Snowman"

Deoxys is based on DNA, not aliens (I thought the name kind of made that obvious). It is a virus that infected the DNA of a meteorite and grew into a living Pokemon. Or, so I've heard.

Tangrowth is based on a prehistoric vine bush, I'm not much of a botanist, so I don't know what the species is, sorry. =/

Abomasnow IS the Abominable Snowman, or so says the dex.

what about the dog trio?

they are not based off them.

well, arnet there mythical dogs?

They're based on canines, or foxes, dogs, cats, wolves, etc., not just one in particular. The same thing applies to the Eeveelutions, for the curious.

I'm wondering what Arceus is based on. Are there any Goat/Horse-like Shinto Spirits, or dieties from other religions? =/

DragonRay8

the shadowtrainer
wikipedia says something about a peguasus, something.

Zapmolcuno

PokéManiac
I think abomasnon is most likley based off of the abominable snowman.
As for legends like lapras, I can't see how it is like the lockness monster/nessie.

Last edited:

Poison_master021

<----thats right
you know what they need Chuck Norris Legendary i mean a fighting type Legendary

"Chuck Norris Use Round house Kick".......K.O

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Except Bigfoot, Nessie and the chupacabra supposedly aren't gods.

True, but there are many deific creatures in the spiritual beliefs of many cultures. Heck, many legendary Pokemon an be said to be based on them.

DragonRay8

the shadowtrainer
i wonder if the dragon trio is based off cryptids.

are dragons monsters or cryptids? i never could figure that out.

Zapmolcuno

PokéManiac
i wonder if the dragon trio is based off cryptids.

are dragons monsters or cryptids? i never could figure that out.

Dialga and Palkia obviously are dinosaurs, while Giratina resembles a basilisk - legendary reptile or serpent.

"Cryptid is a term which is used in cryptozoology to refer to a creature whose existence has been suggested but lacks scientific support."
So if you think dragons are real you can say they are cryptids =)

Last edited:

Upa

Pink Floyd Never Die
If we spoil the habitats of animals this way we can expect many more mutations of various creatures which may make us feel they are legends or something.

That way, did you ever think that Ho Oh night as well be a Fearow which was burnt during battle, but had the courage and will-power to stand it and thus eventually became a legend.

Pokeymanz are strange.