• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

North and South

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
down here in louisiana whenever were not showing our tah tahs to get some plastic gold jewlery we go hunt whatever we can point a killing machine at.

Nolan Bentley

just thought of another. Base ball fans down here in Texas (Rangers) hate the Yankees. I honestly don't know why, but i've never heard a Yankee talk bad about thew Rangers. Odd.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
In Chicago, we get a cup of ice and we have to pour the soda ourselves from an actual can. But that really only applies to the Chinatown restaurants I've been to... everywhere else, there's usually just a pitcher of soda with ice in it.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Fun fact: Michiganders pronounce aunt differently then the rest of the country (ant) while the rest says it like (aun-t) May not be true, but I heard it from somewhere.

Fun fact: Michiganders pronounce aunt differently then the rest of the country (ant) while the rest says it like (aun-t) May not be true, but I heard it from somewhere.
Most californians I know say 'ant' as well.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n

BigLutz

Banned
just thought of another. Base ball fans down here in Texas (Rangers) hate the Yankees. I honestly don't know why, but i've never heard a Yankee talk bad about thew Rangers. Odd.

Its because the Texas Rangers are such a joke that it would be like the Yankees picking on the retarded kids. We need to win a Play Off Series before anyone takes the Rangers seriously.

I've noticed that Florida can change depending on where you go. People say it's not a southern state because in the three southeastern counties (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm), it has gained a lot of aspects from the north. But in Highlands county, which is in the central part of the state, the people there do have the southern accent and there's a lot of Hispanic/Latino people there.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
I've noticed that Florida can change depending on where you go. People say it's not a southern state because in the three southeastern counties (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm), it has gained a lot of aspects from the north. But in Highlands county, which is in the central part of the state, the people there do have the southern accent and there's a lot of Hispanic/Latino people there.

It's geographically there in the south so you can exclude it from the other states. Tourism has just brought unwanted northies (This is coming from a person who lives in MI)

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

I know a lot of people that pronounce it like 'ant'. I only pronounce it the other way because it sounds better with my aunts.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
The other day, a telemarketer asked what state I was in. "California." I said. "California? So you live close to the beach and close to the mountains?" He asked. "Actually, I do live two hours from both."
Fulfilling the CA stereotype. Good thing I don't live next to a celebrity :p

Ethan

Banned
I get sort of upset when people actually believe the stereotypes about the Southern states. I can do friendly teasing and what not, because I'm pretty easy going. It's just when you actually believe the stuff that your spewing off that I get upset. I grew up in the country side of Ohio and Kentucky. Yeah there were the occasional hillbillly's. Yeah, we lived on a farm. I got teased a lot when I moved to a large city in Minnesota. Apparently farmers are "uneducated" Where did that come from? Do people have any idea how much farmers need to know to work the land and have a good harvest? I mean Christ.

The misconceptions about people are pretty bad. Even the accent gets a bad wrap. For those of you that are quick to make fun of it, step back. You probably don't know what one even sounds like. Second, not all of them even sound bad. There are about seven different Southern accents. Not just the deep Texan accent that so many of you are accustomed to hearing. Many people confuse a Southern accent with the way a redneck sounds. Yeah, they do sound different believe it or not.

A lot of you should just do down there. I took a road trip there recently and its really a lot of fun. Visit Atlanta, go to a rodeo, go to a blues rock concert, see where Mark Twain was born, etc. Like it or not, the South is a great part of America and doesn't get enough credit for its contributions.

Nolan Bentley

My grandfather fits the Texas sterotype perfectly. Raised on a farm. Loves potatos. Yells at kids to get off his lawn, and has the perfect Texas accent. We call him Papa. ^ And Farmers don't get enough credit for the hard work they do.

A lot of you should just do down there. I took a road trip there recently and its really a lot of fun. Visit Atlanta, go to a rodeo, go to a blues rock concert, see where Mark Twain was born, etc. Like it or not, the South is a great part of America and doesn't get enough credit for its contributions.

I agree, I really love it. The stereotypes seem to develop from the people that come onto The Jerry Springer Show. I have family in the south, and none of them are comparable to the dysfunctional families that come onto that show.