• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

North and South

Nolan Bentley

Some are rude enough to think that all southerners are hicks and that they are naturally better then us, so i guess you could say they are a little full of it.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Some are rude enough to think that all southerners are hicks and that they are naturally better then us, so i guess you could say they are a little full of it.

If by full of it you mean full of betterness then yes, you're correct.

KBM117

Half of the stereotypes about the south aren't even true..

I live near Atlanta, GA (Which is a city..Absolutely nothing like the country parts of GA.) and whenever I go to visit my relatives in California or Colorado they immediately ask me why I'm not walking around bare-foot, why I'm not stupid, or why I don't have a southern accent...I mean, I've met a ton of people with a southern accent, and they definitely aren't stupid.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Half of the stereotypes about the south aren't even true..

I live near Atlanta, GA (Which is a city..Absolutely nothing like the country parts of GA.) and whenever I go to visit my relatives in California or Colorado they immediately ask me why I'm not walking around bare-foot, why I'm not stupid, or why I don't have a southern accent...I mean, I've met a ton of people with a southern accent, and they definitely aren't stupid.

I take it you dont work on farm and use cotton-pickin as an adjective?

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I spent the first half of my life up north, and I'm currently living in the south. I don't really speak with a southern accent, but I have noticed that anything below 50 degrees F is freezing, even though quite a few months up north are below this, and I didn't really complain then.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I sincerely sympathize with all the perfectly nice people from the south whose reputations are constantly ruined by the ignorant, barbaric hicks who live among you. It's just that your terrible stereotypes(moonshine, trailer parks, practically no human civilization in the region, and republicans) are easier to make fun of than the north's terrible stereotypes(such as...uh...ok, help me out guys, I can't think of horrible stereotypes that apply to my side of the country, and I don't want to pretend Wisconsin is all of the North*).

*We're the only part of the North that says "bubbler", for one thing

You guys also have the misfortune of having lost a war at some point, and a considerable number of people still refuse to drop it. People with confederate flags on their cars and such are rare in the North, but it's still an almost instant way to identify someone as an arrogant southerner/wannabe southerner. I know that most people in the South aren't hanging onto the Confederacy like a small child holds his blanket, but those that do really make you guys look bad.

Overall, it's mostly just unfortunate stereotypes(and occasional realities) that none of the decent people from the south should really have to answer for, beyond, you know, trying to do something to make people go "oh, you mean everyone in the south isn't an inbred whiskey-chugging hick?". It's like how most Christians really aren't bad or dumb, it's just the few fundies making them look that way. (although poking fun at the South is much more fun that poking fun at Christianity in general)

HOWEVER!

The south does have some very...unfortunate...tendencies in its history that it doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

You see, the South tends to have a very bad record with being socially accepting and progressive. See:the fact that they had to send in the goddamn military to integrate southern schools, then the south tried to resegrate under the guise of school vouchers; almost none of the south protects sexual orientation from employment discrimination and or consider them a protected class for hate crime purposes; most of the south kept sodomy laws until the supreme court struck them down in 2003, decades after most northern states repealed them on their own; none of them had any real woman's suffrage before the 19th amendment was put into place; etc.

So when I tell you do, you know, do something about the terrible hicks that are dragging your region down, I'd highly recommend starting by fixing that. I can't really respect the south until it stops acting like it wants to stay in 1700 forever, no matter how decent individual southerners may be.

And I can't really like the south until you guys start having proper seasons. Winters with no snow? Utter madness!

Nolan Bentley

If by full of it you mean full of betterness then yes, you're correct.

No, i mean the arragant thought that you are always on top. That is full of it.

And I can't really like the south until you guys start having proper seasons. Winters with no snow? Utter madness!

Because we control the weather (Joke)

Rave

Banned
Look at a map, clearly the South is below the North. It's been that way since the beginning.

And look at Canada, sitting there, like they think they're above us all. Who the hell do they think they are?

Rave

Banned

Nolan Bentley

Look at a map, clearly the South is below the North. It's been that way since the beginning.

Could you be any more litteral?

Although the south is made fun of for getn' the little doggys along, my sister is going to go to school in maryland as a freshmen in collage, she can't bring a car but can bring a horse. WTF?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
are easier to make fun of than the north's terrible stereotypes(such as...uh...ok, help me out guys, I can't think of horrible stereotypes that apply to my side of the country, and I don't want to pretend Wisconsin is all of the North*).
What, like New Yorkers all being assholes isn't easy to make fun of?
And I can't really like the north until you guys start having proper seasons. Summers with no humidity? Utter madness!
There's also a stereotype that conservatives republicans are off thier rocker.
Fixed :D
Hey, **** you pal.

fire fan 888

I live in Texas and i have noticed that there is a big diffrence between the "North" and the "South" of USA. One example is that down south, we get ice with every drink, and in places like New York, you have to ask for ice.

This is not a debate over which side is better, but to discuss the diffrences they have and stereotypes of each.

I get ice in my drinks without asking (i am from the north)

the biggest difference: The north is cold alot the south is warm alot (I know i am being obvious....)

Nolan Bentley

Are their any northern west coast stereotypes? because all of mine involve places like New York.