• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

nostalgia: things you miss most about your childhood.

emilyshortcake

good left undone
The best/worst childhood memories got me thinking, about how much I absolutely miss the crap out of so many things. 90's Nickelodeon. Big bulky Game Boys. Class Christmas parties in elementary school. My parents taking me trick-or treating. First generation Pokemon games *sniffle*

What T.V. shows/movies/stuff about being a little kid do you miss the most.?

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Being innocent of just how terrible the world really is. That and not argueing about politics with certain people every day.

emilyshortcake

good left undone
Being innocent of just how terrible the world really is. That and not argueing about politics with certain people every day.

lol politics. during the bush vs.kerry election I was happy bush won because I thought he looked nicer.
obviously one of the things you learn as you grow up is, looks aren't everything xD clearly.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing

SugarFreeJazz

not present
Mass shootings being a shocking and incomprehensible rarity.

Damn. You must be 80 years old or something.

Actually, I just looked it up. Apparently the first known mass shooting at a school in the US was in 1891. Jesus fucking Christ, you're old.

Last edited:

Unoin

Turning on the TV early in the morning and hearing a new song and watching a new music video on any channel. Cha Cha Slide ftw!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Ever get those moments where you feel real nostalgic for the good ol' days, then you look at pictures from back then, and just wonder, "was that seriously me a couple of years ago"?

So I guess what I'm most nostalgic for is those times in my life when I was naive enough not to realize how ridiculous I was. That and the very short pocket of time when I could watch Pokémon without either the fear of YTV rescheduling it to some time it would never tell me up front, or the scoffing cynics at Serebii picking it apart to the point that it isn't fun anymore.

*cough* >_>

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
I miss one thing, and one thing only: How bright and vibrant the colors used to be. Is it me, or does the saturation of everything just sort of stagnate as you age?

The sky seems more and more cyan, for one thing. I recall a time when it actually looked blue, but then again, most of my childhood was spent in an area that wasn't labelled with the second-worst air quality in the nation. For me, I'm nostalgic for all the pretty colors of life. I couldn't afford mass media products like Video Games and movies, and I still own my toys - At this point, I'm more of a chronologically backwards individual, since a lot of the things I play are really old. Perhaps I'm compensating for a horrible childhood.

And that's really what my childhood was - horrible. My parents were still getting used to dealing with, well... Me, and I ended up the victim of chin fractures, spiders, big angry dogs, achluophobia, bees, eating my own sewage and locking myself in a car on a hot summer day.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
^ How old are you? I've found that I've actually been able to appreciate the colours of spring and autumn progressively more in my more recent years. Maybe it has something to do with getting a much better camera for my 18th birthday. If you're in your later 20s or older, that just might be a worrying comment for me.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ To be honest with you, though I love to draw a lot, I have noticed that colors have become more dull-looking as I got older, but it was mostly dependent on my mood. Or it's because I just have bad eyesight, and/or my glasses keep getting smudged and they tend to darken up at the most random times. Either way, I think it's somewhat normal...

Can I say I miss everything about my childhood because I can't choose a specific thing or two? I was a pretty happy kid.

Latiken

I miss Ploids.

when my friends didn't know anything and didn't act like total d0ucheb@gs