• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nostalgia

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Looking at how the current generation is now, I have an odd question.

What the hell is going to be our nostalgia (I have no idea how to phrase that)?

Randomly shouting out one liners? Trolling? Serious Business? Attaching random clips together and making a video? The Game?

As far as I know though, one thing is certain.

Skull-Kid

I don't know if this is serious or not but whatever.

Our nostalgia of the 4th Gen(current) will probably be the Pokemon. Arceus, Garchomp and Shaymin are are pretty memorable Pokemon from this Gen.

People will also remember Paul from the show because of his arrogance and desire for power. It also had a great Battle Frontier as well as the introduction to online battling.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
shouln't this be in the gpd section?

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm not quite sure how we'll look back on our generation. If we ever getting around to "improving" upon those things that you mentioned and find more productive things to do, then there won't be as much need for nostalgia. However, there are already many people who choose to look at the "glory days" for reference; what's to stop people from trying to change that and create our own legacy?

shouln't this be in the gpd section?

Just because somebody says "generation" doesn't mean that it is Pokemon-related. I'm guessing that he's talking about the so-called "Generation Y" that consists of all of us youngsters that were born in the '90s/'00s.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Considering I put this in Misc, it should have been obvious I'm not talking specifically about pokemon.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Just because somebody says "generation" doesn't mean that it is Pokemon-related. I'm guessing that he's talking about the so-called "Generation Y" that consists of all of us youngsters that were born in the '90s/'00s.

There are people here from the '00s?

Anyway, I dunno what you'll look back upon as nostalgia but there's definitely something that you will. I've already started viewing the 90s through nostalgia goggles.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Should have known xkcd would have something on this.

Profesco

gone gently
My nostalgia is going to be this forum.

Assuming I'm not still here ten years from now.

I'll be reminiscing about the wacky shenanigans of Bush & Friends, this place, and the never ending fear of good ol' terrorism. Dear Lord, this generation has sucked so far.

I'm old, so my nostalgia is locked in between 1988-1995. I'm basically the Robot Chicken target audience. XD

Indragon

Back in the USSR
My nostalgia is going to be this forum.

Assuming I'm not still here ten years from now.

Haha! I'm sure we'll still be here at Sppf until the world ends.

Anyway, if Pokemon does end, it'll probably be one of my biggest nostalgias.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It depends on age and life experience. For some younger members here nostalgia will be internet memes. I was born in 89, and find all this stuff now to be strange, new and scary. I am still stuck in the 90's so I am not going to look back at any of the stuff you've mentioned with any fond memories.

Agreed. A fan that born in 95 can't say that the shows in 98-99 are his nostalgia. Rather, my nostalgia is not the same as other people since everyone is different.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
WHAT IS THIS i don't even

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
[IMG139]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4295/1c06c249a382b7fad495c43.gif[/IMG139]

most of us grew up in the 90's, there's plenty of nostalgic matter.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
I remember the significant 2000's events which I will outline:
~ 9/11, The day the World lost some more of her innocence.
~ The Digital Revolution. This and the Industrial are the only revolutions destined to go global.
~ The decade when the West relised that globalisation may not be in our interests. In fact, it seems quite the opposite.
~ The decade that the world laughed at and mocked democracies while we all congratulated and justified dic-tators and authoritarian regimes.
~ The collapse of Lehman Brothers in late 2008 and the subsequent Global Finacial Crisis.
~ The dominance of bull siht celebrity stories clogging up our airwaves/broadband.
~ The decade that reveals that technology like mobiles and internet can weaken and humiliate totalitarian regimes. Score One for Liberty!!1!
~ Climate Change (formerly Global Warming) Fact or Hoax? You don't decide, the Green Fascists and Idealist, populist governments will.