• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Not a fan of how Dynamax is handled in the Anime

GGuitarGuy95

It seems like Dynamax has no equal. Regular Pokemon have zero chance against a Dynamax Pokemon. Regular Pokemon can beat Megas, but the same could not be said about Dynamax. They should either make Dynamax battle it’s own separate thing or tone down the size of Dynamax. The latter may seem a bit of controversial, but Dynamax is such a ridiculous over the top concept. I’m not a hard believer that things should be adapted on a 1:1 basis. Dynamax battles so far in the Anime feel so incredibly lackluster. Battles feel very static and doesn’t have that epic flair to them. I don’t have much of a problem with Dynamax battle being nothing just a Michael Bay explosion fest, but the battles lack that distinctive flair.

Soniman

Break the Limit
To be fair we see it so little it's hard to care. Kinda funny with how much mega evolutions and z moves mattered in the lore and characters of each series but the writers have absolutely no interest in showing that beyond the darkest day subplot which was nearly a YEAR ago. Then again it's been about that long since we've seen any proper Galar characters so I think the staff has made their non-investment in that region clear

Red and Blue

I'm ok with Dynamax so far. I just want an episode were Ash learns to properly control Fatchu and any of his other Pokemon in the Wild Area or Isle of Armor. Cause that gimmick is going to be a huge factor in the Master Class

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I wish they had Ash and Pikachu practice Dynamax so that it doesn't feel like a complete asspull when they inevitably use it in the Master class.

Actually, Pikachu is literally the worst option to Dynamax, since its entire battle style is based on mobility. A tankier mon like Torterra or Goodra would benefit way more than Pikachu. Even Melmetal would be better if they want a G-max specifically.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I wish they had Ash and Pikachu practice Dynamax so that it doesn't feel like a complete asspull when they inevitably use it in the Master class.

Actually, Pikachu is literally the worst option to Dynamax, since its entire battle style is based on mobility. A tankier mon like Torterra or Goodra would benefit way more than Pikachu. Even Melmetal would be better if they want a G-max specifically.
I agree. I would love to see a mini-arc where Ash comes to realize that Dynamax/Gigantamax does not suit Pikachu or his battling style and uses it on a larger, slower, and tankier Pokémon. And this would be the perfect way for a Pokémon like Torterra to get some redemption from not having won a single battle since evolving despite his strength. Dynamax seems to have been tailor-made for a Pokémon like him.

The fact that isn't been handled at all is a blessing imo. The concept is horrendous and in practice looks horrible in the anime. Sad that it's going to come back again with Gengar.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Yeah, i’m actually pretty okay with dynamax being ignored. While we do see some level of interaction during the leon vs lance fight, two barely moving giants aren’t super interesting. Maybe i would change my mind if it was more like the twilight wings depiction, where it had a more rampaging kaiju feel with a lot of destruction just by moving.

Honestly, megas has been the only gimmick that i think integrates itself nicely in the anime. Mostly because it’s the one that affects how the battles are portrayed the least.

Me neither, I wasn't a huge fan of the way they handled Dynamax and Gigantamax in Pokémon Anime either, I would be fine with them implementing Mega Evolution into Pokémon Journeys or PM2019 in every Region including Galar.

They should of gotten Mega Evolution in Galar Region but no, Mega Stones and Mega Evolution is banned in Galar Region and it was replaced with Dynamax and Gigantamax.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I do think that the Daimax mechanic is overpowered in the sense that it seems like it results in an automatic win for the user in most occasions. It's the same problem that I had with Mega Evolution for a while in XY, but there's still time for the writers to tone it down. At least Satoshi is allowed to use the Daimax feature, unlike how he was barred from using Mega Evolution in Kalos for plot reasons once he had Gekkouga.

GGuitarGuy95

To be fair we see it so little it's hard to care. Kinda funny with how much mega evolutions and z moves mattered in the lore and characters of each series but the writers have absolutely no interest in showing that beyond the darkest day subplot which was nearly a YEAR ago. Then again it's been about that long since we've seen any proper Galar characters so I think the staff has made their non-investment in that region clear
Yeah, Dynamax in-general feels like an afterthought. It seems like GameFreak wanted Pokemon GO raid battles and added Dynamax as a concept for it.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I wasn't a fan of Dynamax in general as it feels restricted. Ofc, Mega Evolution & Z-moves were spammable but I liked the latter because I dreamed of Pokemon doing super moves since the franchise's beginning, especially with Final Fantasy 7's Limit Break gimmick at the time.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I wasn't a fan of Dynamax in general as it feels restricted. Ofc, Mega Evolution & Z-moves were spammable but I liked the latter because I dreamed of Pokemon doing super moves since the franchise's beginning, especially with Final Fantasy 7's Limit Break gimmick at the time.
Limit breaks…those take me back. So does that mean Pikashunium-Z is Knights of the Round?

I agree on Dynamax feeling too restricted. I’m not a fan of it in the games for that reason. I feel like you lose a lot of creativity and strategy because your move set is replaced by a few generic Dynamax moves. I also don’t like how its implemented in Raid Battles as it’s “use it or lose it,” and even when you use it, its gone after a few turns. I would rather have a limited number of Megas (and Ash-Greninja) and Z-Moves that could be used at any time instead of Dynamax.

Applecorp

Eh it's not my favorite battle feature but it's still early in the saga so it makes sense that the writing team haven't perfected Dynamax Pokemon yet. I bet things will improve once Ash gets into the Top 8.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Limit breaks…those take me back. So does that mean Pikashunium-Z is Knights of the Round?

I agree on Dynamax feeling too restricted. I’m not a fan of it in the games for that reason. I feel like you lose a lot of creativity and strategy because your move set is replaced by a few generic Dynamax moves. I also don’t like how its implemented in Raid Battles as it’s “use it or lose it,” and even when you use it, its gone after a few turns. I would rather have a limited number of Megas (and Ash-Greninja) and Z-Moves that could be used at any time instead of Dynamax.
Eevium-Z should be Pokemon's Knights Of The Round instead, as Eevee summoned its Eeveelutions but they gave it stat boosts, instead of doing multiple hits to all enemies in the battlefield like the Final Fantasy 7's equivalent.

Yeah, I agree. I'm also not sold with the Kaiju stuff, unless it's defined from the character like Godzilla.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Comparing anything in this show to freakin' Knights of the Round is an insult to the Knights of the Round.
Going to the restroom while running a long summon like this is already an insult to the Knights Of The Round, and don't get me started with Supernova.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Eevium-Z should be Pokemon's Knights Of The Round instead, as Eevee summoned its Eeveelutions but they gave it stat boosts, instead of doing multiple hits to all enemies in the battlefield like the Final Fantasy 7's equivalent.

Yeah, I agree. I'm also not sold with the Kaiju stuff, unless it's defined from the character like Godzilla.
I was comparing the two in terms of sheer damage potential. But yeah, Eevium-Z also fits.

Comparing anything in this show to freakin' Knights of the Round is an insult to the Knights of the Round.
I was talking about Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.