• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Not fitting in with the family

Every christmas my gran has a do where the hole family gets togethor.

The younger ones sit there watching CBBC or Cartoon neteork.

While the older ones(the mothers) sit in the front room, dissing stuff things like Phone bills.

Not what a 19 year old not mother fits in with..

so Does has this happened to you guys ?

Kurtrill

Banned
Well maybe yes has it. My dad is one akward guy, eh sits on our couch and watches football while my stepmom is all grumpy and frufru with her looks.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
No, not really. At Christmas, we're usually all in one room. Just the adults talking about life.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
If we have a do around at our house at Christmas, I either mingle with people, or go tinker with all the stuff I got. Never fails, in my opinion ;) And if you're going to someone else's house, it's always wise to take something with you; most likely that you'll have little or no chance to talk to anyone your own age.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
I just stay in my room or go out, I find Christmas stressful.

Blah, too bad ;) Why? Christmas is great! And Hollyoaks the espeon, at Christmas, it's the time where you can mingle with people of all ages and not thought to be babyish for hanging out with the little kids, or a snob trying to be mature and hanging out with all the older ones. I don't really believe in those ridiculous stereotypes, but then again, I'm not everyone. ;)

I like Pikachu

During Christmas time, while the family is together, I play my Nintendo DS. I'm not a family guy.

mangaeyes

Every christmas my gran has a do where the hole family gets togethor.

The younger ones sit there watching CBBC or Cartoon neteork.

While the older ones(the mothers) sit in the front room, dissing stuff things like Phone bills.

Not what a 19 year old not mother fits in with..

so Does has this happened to you guys ?

I usually just hang around my family, usually my older brother. I'll talk to the younger/older kids as well but believe it or not I'm actually very shy in really life. Maybe thats why I'm such a douche on here ^_^

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I don't usually have a problem. My niece is about the same age as me, so I can talk to her. But I'm old enough to be able to talk to the adults perfectly easily. Usually, after dinner, me, my dad, my brother-in-law and sometimes my brother and my uncle will retire to the living room and have an intellectual discussion. Politics or theoretical physics or something.

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
Well. Since usually I get my gifts and its just my two older brothers and their girl friends and my parents. I'm usually in my room or in the living room with everyone.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Few times...nothing really harsh just when my ideas(play a game for 3 days in a row with my friends in a runtrough, or getting wasted in a soccer match(me luvs beer)) or opinions about college does not fit my family thougths.

Example:
i said college is just a place that you pay fo 4 years to get a paper and work.
they say shut up and study...(not tht im thinking a bout quiting college just an idea in my mind)

He funny tough, those are small puddles created by gaps in age it happens to everyone that has a family with different ages, is like music i love to hear and headbang with jag panzer, sonata arctica, stratovarius, megadeth, disturbed, motorhead and metallica(to name a few) but my ex used to hear rihana and jhonas brothers is not that hard just ignore some diferences and try 2 see what you all have in common...

Last edited:

Sohashi

At christmas everyone is pretty fine- but if its not christmas, we have our own little dimensions- i am pretty much opposite of everyone in my family except for one or two cousins

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
my only problem with christmas this year is that the food will be an attack on the progress of my diet:p as for the rest i'm not complaining, grandpa will visit, my two brothers will arrive and stay over accompanied by their girlfriends.

christmas is as good as you can make it, i know someone with no dad, which lives together with his nearly broke mother and sister who both have a mental disability that gave away his own money that was menth for some expensive things he was saving for just to by his old moms a christmasdinner that she couldn't afford.

he may be an idiot of a friend sometimes and he may have a terrible 24/7 bodyodor surrounding him even after he brushes his teeth and takes a shower but actions like that deserves respect nomatter what. that, is what makes things count at christmas, do something unexpected, give somebody attention or god knows what. it all counts.

buuut, if that doesn't work people can allways watch that uncle scrootch movie that is boadcasted around 3 times every christmas.

Last edited:

Lord Scalgon

What title?
When it comes to family gatherings, I usually don't fit with most of my other family members...but I hardly ever talk to them anyway. I'm just in my very own little world...a laptop's all I need, really. I'm, like, a completely different person compared to my other family members.

Call me crazy, but I just might plan on skipping a Thanksgiving family gathering just so I can camp out on Thanksgiving afternoon for Black Friday (I guess it's time I become a hardcore camper, since there's something that I'm truly after). Sure, I'll miss out with the family, but what else is there to do when I hardly ever talk to them?

I know family is more important than friends, but for some peculiar reason, I happen to talk to friends more than family...

Calvan

EXPLOSION!!!
I might pop in for a little bit.
But every time I spend an extended amount of time around my parents things get hostile. No matter how Generous I am. D:

denizenofevil

Not at all. My cousins (I have 12) are all about the same age as me and we pretty much grew up together so we're best friends. We all meet up at our grandma's house and her house has 2 living rooms. Actually, it has one living room and a dining room she converted into another living area. The "kids" (we're all about 18-19) will get the dining area and the adults will get the other side. 3 of my cousins (they're all siblings) are getting married around Christmas time but I don't see the dynamic changing anytime soon. We all get along pretty well and no one is antisocial and just sitting there with a book or laptop or game in the corner.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Ah I love Christmas, and we have a party every year, my family's kinda big though (Bigger counting the ones who we don't see anymore sadly because of certain things).

The adults/teenagers (Who are mostly on my Mum's side) sitting down around the table downstairs and just talking. The ones on my Dad's side of the family sits further down where the hottub is or they sit in the living room talking upstairs. Now my Dad's side is Mayasian and my mum's side is Australian.

Oh and the kids mostly in my room or my sis's room playing the game or they are running around having fun. Some of the older ones also play the game in my room too (I need to get batteries for my wii remote before then).

And me? Well I migrate between the three areas usually with a videocamera (And I don't care if you don't like the videocamera, when you become part of this family then of course I want memories), I am mostly downstairs/upstairs though, ironically I barely go into my room (I don't play my computer/games on Christmas/birthdays or other events).

And then when everyone leaves I feel sad that the party is over and just go play with my Christmas presents.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I usually just hang around my family, usually my older brother. I'll talk to the younger/older kids as well but believe it or not I'm actually very shy in really life. Maybe thats why I'm such a douche on here ^_^

I think sometimes it's easier to chat online, because you're not face to face with anyone, so you don't have to worry about shyness.

Christmas is always a busy time for me, since my Grandad died a few years ago, the whole family spends xmas day with my gran and she can be a bit hateful at times, but i suppose that's family for you.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I don't really fit in with my family so I just keep to myself.