• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Not HO or Weather

Introduction
This team does not set up except when using stat boosting moves. I feel like there is simply no time to set up rocks or screens. I just Shell Smash and then sweep. So no, I am not Hyper Offensive. Everything on my team but Smeargle benefits from Shell Smash. So it's pretty much a Shell Smash team.

The Team at a Glance
235.gif
94.gif
145.gif
212.gif
392.gif
381.gif

In Depth Look
235.gif

(Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
focussash.png

Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Confuse Ray

Spore is a must on every Smeargle. 100% chance of Sleep is great. Shell Smash and Baton Pass support every other Pokémon on my team. You might be wondering why Confuse Ray is there. The thing is, Sleep Clause is almost always on. So Confuse Ray is there when I can't use Spore. If I'm lucky, the foe won't attack me and that'll allow me to Baton Pass.

94.gif

Zoroark (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
blacksludge.png

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

I don't know why I named it Zoroark. But anyway, Black Sludge is a Leftovers for Poison types. Shadow Ball is STAB, Focus Blast hits those pesky Steels. HP Ice and Thunderbolt is BoltBeam coverage. I was gonna put Life Orb on Gengar, but I had too many Life Orbs on my team already.

145.gif

Sodpaz (Zapdos) @ BrightPowder
brightpowder.png
/ Leftovers
leftovers.png
/ Wise Glasses
wiseglasses.png

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Air Cutter
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Originally with a Choice Specs. But I decided that Choice wasn't the best option when one of my moves had no effect on a certain type. I stuck with BrightPowder for a 10% evasion boost. It doesn't seemed to be banned so that's why it's on there. If it's not allowed, I use either Leftovers for recovery or Wise Glasses to boost power. Heat Wave hits Steels, Thunderbolt is STAB. HP Ice hits Gliscor and other annoying Grounds. Paired with Thunderbolt gives it BoltBeam coverage. Air Cutter is STAB and extra crit rate.

212.gif

Ninja (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

It was originally 252 EVs in Spd, but it still couldn't outspeed a lot of things so I invested the EVs into HP. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are STAB boosted by Technician. Superpower hits things those two can't and especially Steel. Swords Dance boosts hits Atk to 700+ which is great.

392.gif

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch
- Shadow Claw

Infernape was always on my team since I started battling competitively. He's not meant to be a wallbreaker, but can do good damage against most of them (Jellicent, Blissey/Chansey, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, and more). Fire Punch takes advantage of STAB and Iron Fist. ThunderPunch also gets an Iron Punch boost and hits Flying and Water types. Mach Punch gets STAB and Iron Fist boost and is a nice priority. Shadow Claw does good damage against Ghosts and Psychics. Infernape's main job on the team is actually to hurt Excadrill, which wrecks most of my team. In most cases, a Mach Punch won't OHKO Excadrill so Scizor's Bullet Punch finishes Excadrill. If one of these two faint, I'm likely gonna get owned by that stupid mole.

381.gif

Eon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm fond of Dragons, so Latios seemed cool. Draco Meteor destroys a ton of things thanks to STAB and Life Orb. Psyshock can hurt Blissey/Chansey amd other Special walls. Surf is for Heatran and HP Fire harms Steels.

Notes:
• I realize the team is weak against Excadrill. My Infernape and Scizor have to work together to take it out. If one of them is taken down, Excadrill destroys my team (That is unless I can manage to get a Shell Smash on Infernape, Gengar, or Latios).
• No one here shares a type with another Pokémon. Thanks to the unique typing of the team and BoltBeam coverage, I can deal with every type you throw at me. But none of my team counters Electric.
• The second slot (Gengar) is very flexible. I've had Sceptile, Cloyster, Jirachi, and even Excadrill on there. If you're gonna add a Pokémon, jsut remember this.

Threat List
None. My team beats everyone. I'm trying to find that one website...​

Creeper

om nom nom
Introduction
This team does not set up except when using stat boosting moves. I feel like there is simply no time to set up rocks or screens. I just Shell Smash and then sweep. So no, I am not Hyper Offensive. Everything on my team but Smeargle benefits from Shell Smash. So it's pretty much a Shell Smash team.

The Team at a Glance
235.gif
94.gif
145.gif
212.gif
392.gif
381.gif

In Depth Look
235.gif

(Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
focussash.png

Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Confuse Ray

Spore is a must on every Smeargle. 100% chance of Sleep is great. Shell Smash and Baton Pass support every other Pokémon on my team. You might be wondering why Confuse Ray is there. The thing is, Sleep Clause is almost always on. So Confuse Ray is there when I can't use Spore. If I'm lucky, the foe won't attack me and that'll allow me to Baton Pass.

94.gif

Zoroark (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
blacksludge.png

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

I don't know why I named it Zoroark. But anyway, Black Sludge is a Leftovers for Poison types. Shadow Ball is STAB, Focus Blast hits those pesky Steels. HP Ice and Thunderbolt is BoltBeam coverage. I was gonna put Life Orb on Gengar, but I had too many Life Orbs on my team already.

145.gif

Sodpaz (Zapdos) @ BrightPowder
brightpowder.png
/ Leftovers
leftovers.png
/ Wise Glasses
wiseglasses.png

Trait: Pressure
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Air Cutter
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Originally with a Choice Specs. But I decided that Choice wasn't the best option when one of my moves had no effect on a certain type. I stuck with BrightPowder for a 10% evasion boost. It doesn't seemed to be banned so that's why it's on there. If it's not allowed, I use either Leftovers for recovery or Wise Glasses to boost power. Heat Wave hits Steels, Thunderbolt is STAB. HP Ice hits Gliscor and other annoying Grounds. Paired with Thunderbolt gives it BoltBeam coverage. Air Cutter is STAB and extra crit rate.

212.gif

Ninja (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

It was originally 252 EVs in Spd, but it still couldn't outspeed a lot of things so I invested the EVs into HP. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are STAB boosted by Technician. Superpower hits things those two can't and especially Steel. Swords Dance boosts hits Atk to 700+ which is great.

392.gif

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch
- Shadow Claw

Infernape was always on my team since I started battling competitively. He's not meant to be a wallbreaker, but can do good damage against most of them (Jellicent, Blissey/Chansey, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, and more). Fire Punch takes advantage of STAB and Iron Fist. ThunderPunch also gets an Iron Punch boost and hits Flying and Water types. Mach Punch gets STAB and Iron Fist boost and is a nice priority. Shadow Claw does good damage against Ghosts and Psychics. Infernape's main job on the team is actually to hurt Excadrill, which wrecks most of my team. In most cases, a Mach Punch won't OHKO Excadrill so Scizor's Bullet Punch finishes Excadrill. If one of these two faint, I'm likely gonna get owned by that stupid mole.

381.gif

Eon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
lifeorb.png

- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm fond of Dragons, so Latios seemed cool. Draco Meteor destroys a ton of things thanks to STAB and Life Orb. Psyshock can hurt Blissey/Chansey amd other Special walls. Surf is for Heatran and HP Fire harms Steels.

Notes:
• I realize the team is weak against Excadrill. My Infernape and Scizor have to work together to take it out. If one of them is taken down, Excadrill destroys my team (That is unless I can manage to get a Shell Smash on Infernape, Gengar, or Latios).
• No one here shares a type with another Pokémon. Thanks to the unique typing of the team and BoltBeam coverage, I can deal with every type you throw at me. But none of my team counters Electric.
• The second slot (Gengar) is very flexible. I've had Sceptile, Cloyster, Jirachi, and even Excadrill on there. If you're gonna add a Pokémon, jsut remember this.

Threat List
None. My team beats everyone. I'm trying to find that one website...​
T-Punch/F-Punch is illegal with Iron Fist, never use SuperPower with Swords Dance, you lose your boosts. Excadrill is banned now.

Last edited:

mycooly

Banned
Your team seems pretty gastro weak
so maybe replace a move onn gar for giga drain?

I'd say Dragonite or Salamence over Latios since you already have special sweepers and this both can serve as mixed, powered by shell smash they can destroy entire teams. Salamence hits harder buy prioroty will hit him hard. I'd prefer Dragonite.
Here are the sets I advice:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
~ Fire Punch
~ ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake / Roost (I'd say Earthquake to hit jirachi harder)

Salamence @ Leftovers
Rash
116 Atk / 216 SpA / 176 Spe
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast
~ Brick Break / Earthquake
~ Roost / Outrage
This team is rather offensive but it may be walled so this guys can help with that.
Also, I'd say sub three attacks on gengar because you dont really need hp ice.

Last edited:

Swagga09

Gengar has a recovery item with no sub set? He's too frail to rely on recovery. He NEEDS the extra power. Life Orb is a must.

You have too many sweepers and not enough walls/tanks. You need some defensive pokemon man. Drop Gengar or Latios for a defensive tank/wall

You should drop gengar for evoilite dusclops, or jellicent. Drop Latios for mixed Salamence or Dragonite.

Last edited:
T-Punch/F-Punch is illegal with Iron Fist, never use SuperPower with Swords Dance, you lose your boosts. Excadrill is banned now.

I play on PO server on DW OU. They're not illegal and Exca is not banned on there.
Your team seems pretty gastro weak
so maybe replace a move onn gar for giga drain?

I realize that, but I don't see Quag or Gastro alot.
I'd say Dragonite or Salamence over Latios since you already have special sweepers and this both can serve as mixed, powered by shell smash they can destroy entire teams. Salamence hits harder buy prioroty will hit him hard. I'd prefer Dragonite.
Here are the sets I advice:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw / Outrage
~ Fire Punch
~ ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake / Roost (I'd say Earthquake to hit jirachi harder)

Salamence @ Leftovers
Rash
116 Atk / 216 SpA / 176 Spe
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast
~ Brick Break / Earthquake
~ Roost / Outrage
This team is rather offensive but it may be walled so this guys can help with that.
Also, I'd say sub three attacks on gengar because you dont really need hp ice.

I'll consider your advice. Thanks.
Gengar has a recovery item with no sub set? He's too frail to rely on recovery. He NEEDS the extra power. Life Orb is a must.

You have too many sweepers and not enough walls/tanks. You need some defensive pokemon man. Drop Gengar or Latios for a defensive tank/wall

You should drop gengar for evoilite dusclops, or jellicent. Drop Latios for mixed Salamence or Dragonite.

This is an offensive team. Sorry! ^-^;;

Swagga09

I play on PO server on DW OU. They're not illegal and Exca is not banned on there.

I realize that, but I don't see Quag or Gastro alot.

I'll consider your advice. Thanks.

This is an offensive team. Sorry! ^-^;;

Ok. Well Gengar still needs life orb and isn't going to benefit from black sludge at all.

And I still recommend dropping Latios for mixed Salamence, like the other poster said

DarumakkaImposter

Introduction

HO is ALL sweepers attacking from a special or physical side. We would be able to tell if it was HO or not.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
You have one gigantic problem - nothing resists Rock. If Terrakion gets sent in on Zapdos, what will you do? You can't OHKO it, and you can't switch out, because anything you send out will take monumental amounts of damage. In fact, only Scizor will survive (Rock Slide, let alone Stone Edge), but will then get 2HKO'ed after a feeble bullet punch attempt. 6-0 sweep! Landorus, Tyranitar, and even the likes of HP Rock Volcarona will bring your team down.

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
3 life orbs wtf is this?! Switch scizors set to the choice band set it works so much better and props would help your stay alive for so much longer. Also, get substituting that gengar cos theres no point in havin a healing item with no substitute on him. I could point out more but their only small things that props everyone else has says.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Brightpowder is banned, just saying. As mentioned above, you desperately need a rock resist. You could fit in gastrodon somewhere, who isn't 1hko'd by Close Combat and threatens to burn with scald.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I don't see anything truely wrong with this team. Good job!

harsha

Hi,

It seems that no one here has given a proper rate, so I'll take a shot at one. First off, Hyper Offense is when you set up Screens and Hazards and use a string of 5 sweepers on either side of the spectrum to break through walls and sweep. That means that there are either 5 Physical or 5 Special Pokemon. So no, this is not HO. I think that Smeargle is probably your weakest link. Though you need a Smash Passer, I'd suggest Gorrebyss. Whenever I see a Smeargle, I just sac a Pokemon to Sleep and then attack with a Priority move. It seems like you don't have anything to take priority, so your Smeargle will be rendered useless. Now, on Scizor, I recommend using a spread of 248 HP | 12 Atk | 244 SDef with Leftovers so that you can sponge hits, then hit back hard with Swords Dance powered attacks. Nothing on your team can sponge a Draco Meteor, so Scizor needs these EVs. I think you may want to replace Infernape, as he doesn't have any high base power moves, so he won't do much damage. Try out another Fighting sweeper, Dual Booster Terrakion. That's all I have to say. I hope I helped. Cool team, and good luck!

D-idara

How could someone ever recommend Double-Boost Terrakion instead of Infernape, using a non-cheap, fair, awesome Pokémon with great coverage is better than using a noob's Pokémon that just uses Close Combat until the whole team is down.

I don't see anything truely wrong with this team. Good job!
Dude, don't bump threads. You could get a warning/infraction for it.

Hi,

It seems that no one here has given a proper rate, so I'll take a shot at one. First off, Hyper Offense is when you set up Screens and Hazards and use a string of 5 sweepers on either side of the spectrum to break through walls and sweep. That means that there are either 5 Physical or 5 Special Pokemon. So no, this is not HO. I think that Smeargle is probably your weakest link. Though you need a Smash Passer, I'd suggest Gorrebyss. Whenever I see a Smeargle, I just sac a Pokemon to Sleep and then attack with a Priority move. It seems like you don't have anything to take priority, so your Smeargle will be rendered useless. Now, on Scizor, I recommend using a spread of 248 HP | 12 Atk | 244 SDef with Leftovers so that you can sponge hits, then hit back hard with Swords Dance powered attacks. Nothing on your team can sponge a Draco Meteor, so Scizor needs these EVs. I think you may want to replace Infernape, as he doesn't have any high base power moves, so he won't do much damage. Try out another Fighting sweeper, Dual Booster Terrakion. That's all I have to say. I hope I helped. Cool team, and good luck!

Actually, I use Shell Smash first instead of Spore, unlike the average Smeargle. I already have a Sash so if I get hit, I'll still be alive to use Shell Smash. On the next turn, since I'm probably already faster than them with a +2, I'll use Spore. That way, I won't need two turns to set up while they're sleeping which usually gives me a free turn to attack with the Pokémon I BP'd to. This also prevents the foe from switching to a Pokémon with priority (unless they U-Turn or Volt Switch, but I usually predict those), because if they do, they'll switch right into a Spore. And switching back to a non-asleep Pokémon won't help since I'll be using that turn to Baton Pass.

I'm not a fan of bulky offensive, but thanks anyway.

My team has actually changed a lot since I started PO and Infernape was always on my teams, so I can't :/

Guys, this team is outdated but thanks for your suggestions, anyway. Please don't bump threads next time.

dildadonz

gengar@life orb
timid
252SpAtk / 252Spe/ 4HP
~Substitute/ Hidden Power [Fire]
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Pain Split
Timid and basic sweeper set. It allows you to heal back damage from life orb and substitute for scouting. Why not try HP ground on Latios as you lack a reliable ground move.

harsha

PikaPika677 said:
Guys, this team is outdated but thanks for your suggestions, anyway. Please don't bump threads next time.

People, as PikaPika stated, this thread is outdated. Don't post in it.