• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Not the standard stuff...ZOMG WUT!?

noosh

Alright well basically I went with the approach of uhh, not doing the same thing as everybody else. Let me know what you think of it. :D

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
212 hp/ 252 def/ 44 sp atk
Slack Off
Ice Beam
Surf
Calm Mind

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Nature: Lonely
252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Speed
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Cross Chop

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
252HP / 76SpAtk / 180SPDef
Leech Seed
Toxic
Protect
Surf

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Speed (good?)
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Speed
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Roost

Alright that's basically it. So far that's the best that I've come up with, if you have any suggestions please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Last edited:

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
Well I dont know much about rating a whole team but I can try.

Firstly here are some ludicolo EVs: 252HP 76SpAtk 180SPDef
Surf>grass knot, surf does way more damage to alot more foes since grass knot does nothing at all to light pokemon.

Ice beam>Psychic, Ice beam kills off dragons while psychic hits very few few pokemon for super effective damamge.

Also you may want a jolly nature on your garchomp, since swords dance will give him more than enough attack power.

Also your defense seems a little lacking. You have alot of sweeper pokemon why not swap out Electivire or Garchomp for something else, since they both perform a similer job in your team.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
212 hp/ 252 def/ 44 sp atk
Slack Off
Ice Beam/Psychic ??
Surf
T wave

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Earthquake
Ice Punch
t bolt
Cross Chop

Otherwise skarm walls

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
(Help with EV's please)
Leech Seed
Toxic
Protect
Surf/Grass Knot?

Dunno, sry

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat

With a few atack ev he can garentee a ohko on blissey

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Hist physical walls like skarm and fortrest harder

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Speed
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Roost

meh

Alright that's basically it. So far that's the best that I've come up with, if you have any suggestions please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Alright well basically I went with the approach of uhh, not doing the same thing as everybody else. Let me know what you think of it. :D

Standard is standard cuase it gets the job done, its fine to want to have a "differant" team but it still has to work, so if you don't like any of my advice becuase its to standard than don't complain

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Only problem Ceasar is that this team isn't different, it already has all the standards lol.

Electivire wants a nature change and some satk EVs if you intend to run T-bolt just so you know.

If you want to stall with Ludicolo this is the standard stalling set:
252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SpD
~ Leech Seed
~ Protect
~ Surf / Grass Knot
~ Toxic / Ice Beam

noosh

Thanks for your help everybody, and I meant non standard because all i ever see anymore is blissey, skarm, ttar, heracross, and so on. I realize my move sets are not original, but I kinda thought I did a decent job with a semi creative team that might still be competitive. Know what I'm sayin?

Anyways, thanks for all your help guys. Changes shall be made.....now!

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Infernape @ Life Orb
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat (since that's added what would EVs be?)

Naive Nature with 24 Atk Evs just take them out of speed, though if iirc even 24 EVs ISNT a 100% guaranteed OHKO, it just comes close to it

noosh

Naive Nature with 24 Atk Evs just take them out of speed, though if iirc even 24 EVs ISNT a 100% guaranteed OHKO, it just comes close to it

Well if I'm not guaranteed a OHKO is it really worth it. I mean i already have a timid chimchar ready for training and all that good stuff. Couldn't electivire's cross chop kind of cover for my blissey weakness?

Olde English Cider

If you are running Timid and no attack EVs, use

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Hidden Power [Ice]
Focus Blast

After a Nasty Plot, Bliss takes something like 95% from it.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Well if I'm not guaranteed a OHKO is it really worth it. I mean i already have a timid chimchar ready for training and all that good stuff. Couldn't electivire's cross chop kind of cover for my blissey weakness?

Naive nature with 24 Atk Evs are the standard. It deals around 96% minimum to Blissey iirc. Though tbh, im pretty sure that calc is for the old Max HP/Def Blissey, which nobody uses anymore, thus making the OHKO possible. Even so, Blissey is bound to have had at least some prior damage beforehand by the time Ape comes in to kill it off.

Mixed Ape is a superior Ape, it simply cannot afford a miss with: a 70% accuracy Focus Blast, Life Orb recoil, its frail defenses, no spin support, and Sandstorm teams being ever so present.

Last edited:

noosh

Naive nature with 24 Atk Evs are the standard. It deals around 96% minimum to Blissey iirc. Though tbh, im pretty sure that calc is for the old Max HP/Def Blissey, which nobody uses anymore, thus making the OHKO possible. Even so, Blissey is bound to have had at least some prior damage beforehand by the time Ape comes in to kill it off.

Mixed Ape is a superior Ape, it simply cannot afford a miss with: a 70% accuracy Focus Blast, Life Orb recoil, its frail defenses, no spin support, and Sandstorm teams being ever so present.

I see where you're coming from. Thank you that was really helpful. Changes will be made, even though I already had my Timid chimchar =/