• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Not your normal OU team. And dont worry, its not a weather team either

Ok so this is my first RMT I've posted on this site. I'm rather experienced in competitive battling, so I don't think this team will be too bad. Its been kind of hit and miss lately on PO, so I figured id post I here to get some advice.

At a Glance

510.png
160.png
254.png
73.png
475.png
630.png

Liepard@Focus Sash
Prankster
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Fake Out
-Taunt
-Encore

She's my anti-lead, crippling virtually every lead I come across. All my moves are priority, and my speed makes it so I will go first againts other priority users a good portion of the time. Liepard is rediculously frail, so the only thing saving her is a focus sash, and that doesn't help her in the sand. Sucker Punch is my main attacking move, and combos well with taunt. After taunt, my sucker punch will always hit unless they switch. Encore if fun against fake out leads like Meinshao and Ambipom, and also any Earthquake users. I survive an EQ thanks to focus sash, encore, and switch into Mandibuzz, focing a switch. The last move is for more support. Fake out is free damage, but attract helps me set up easier. Not sure which to go with.

Feraligatr@Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spd
Jolly
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance

RU/LU's premier dragon dancer(surprisingly so)works very well in OU. After 1 dragon dance, this guy has a LOT of power. If you add it up, his waterfall gets life orb boost, sheer force boost, STAB boost, AND most likely +1 or 2 for dragon dance. This move set gets decent coverage, but I'm having troubles getting past common walls like Ferrothorn, Jellicent, and Blissey/Chansey. I'm thinking of adding brick break to deal with Ferro and Jelli, but I'm not sure if it gets sheer force boost. Kinda funny tha sheer force gets rid of life orb recoil. But I'm not complaining.

Sceptile@Choice Specs
Overgrow
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Rock

I guess this would be a standard choice specstile, if I would actually ever see one. Preatty Simple. He is I wannabe Lati@s in a way because of leaf storm and specs. Focus Blast is for those pesky steel types, and Dragon pulse for... dragons. HP Rock is the best for this set, because of the super effective hit on flying, fire, and bug types, as well as more neutral coverage.

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Rain Dish
252 HP/216 SDef/40 Spd
Calm
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Venoshock
-Scald

Registeel kept only getting used for rocks, so I decided to go to Tentacruel. Rain Dish is there to take some advantage on rain teams, because clear body was never useful. Rapid Spin support is always good, allowing me to clear and set up entry hazards. Venoshock with STAB when they're poisoned gets 205 base power, which makes up for the low SAtk. Scald is there to spread burn mostly, because it doesn't do much damage.

Gallade@Choice Scarf
Justified
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-Trick

The other version of gardevoir. He does basiclly the same thing, but his moveset allows me to kill Ferrothorn, Blissey, Tyranitar, and Jellicent which have been the downfall of this team so far. I still keep trick from the last set, because it works perfectly on this. It gets perfect coverage, but I just wish he had something better then psycho cut for psychic STAB.

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Overcoat(No more big pecks trolling, because overcoat is actually useful)252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish

-Roost
-Mean Look
-U-Turn/Knock Off
-Whirlwind

Mandibuzz never dies. Her new role is to be a switch controler and to take hits for the rest of the team. Tentacruel has toxicing covered, so I out in mean look to trap them in. Then I can either u-turn out, or just get rid of their item.
Ok, so there's nothing about this team that is OU. The only thing that is OU is the way it is built. So don't tell me to go UU. Open to any other help.

1st Changes in Bold
2nd Changes in Bold and Underlined

Thinking about replacing Feraligatr, preferably with a mixed sweeper or another stat booster.

Last edited:

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
DD Sheer Force Feraligatr is illegal. Just saiyan.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
^Actually, once Sheer Force is out, it's legal. Actually, he can play in DW OU and it be Legal. Well, if he's on PO.

Comments in bold, hope I can help a bit.

Ok so this is my first RMT I've posted on this site. I'm rather experienced in competitive battling, so I don't think this team will be too bad. Its been kind of hit and miss lately on PO, so I figured id post I here to get some advice.

At a Glance

510.png
160.png
254.png
379.png
282.png
630.png

Liepard@Focus Sash
Prankster
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Fake Out/Attract
-Taunt
-Encore

She's my anti-lead, crippling virtually every lead I come across. All my moves are priority, and my speed makes it so I will go first againts other priority users a good portion of the time. Liepard is rediculously frail, so the only thing saving her is a focus sash, and that doesn't help her in the sand. Sucker Punch is my main attacking move, and combos well with taunt. After taunt, my sucker punch will always hit unless they switch. Encore if fun against fake out leads like Meinshao and Ambipom, and also any Earthquake users. I survive an EQ thanks to focus sash, encore, and switch into Mandibuzz, focing a switch. The last move is for more support. Fake out is free damage, but attract helps me set up easier. Not sure which to go with.

Pretty standard if you're in OU with it, I see no real problems. If you want my opinion, go with Fake Out over Attract, because breaking sashes or just outright finishing a job up is really nice.

Feraligatr@Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spd
Jolly
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance

RU/LU's premier dragon dancer(surprisingly so)works very well in OU. After 1 dragon dance, this guy has a LOT of power. If you add it up, his waterfall gets life orb boost, sheer force boost, STAB boost, AND most likely +1 or 2 for dragon dance. This move set gets decent coverage, but I'm having troubles getting past common walls like Ferrothorn, Jellicent, and Blissey/Chansey. I'm thinking of adding brick break to deal with Ferro and Jelli, but I'm not sure if it gets sheer force boost. Kinda funny tha sheer force gets rid of life orb recoil. But I'm not complaining.

Pretty standard for a DW Feraligatr. And, no, Brick Break doesn't get the boost, as much as it should. If you really want to destroy Ferro and them, you can still run it though. Or you could go Kamikaze and smack them around with Superpower, as unadvisable as it is. No real problems though, if you take Ferro and Jelli out of the equation you can sweep.

Sceptile@Choice Specs
Overgrow
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Fire/Ice/Electric

I guess this would be a standard choice specstile, if I would actually ever see one. Preatty Simple. He is I wannabe Lati@s in a way because of leaf storm and specs. Focus Blast is for those pesky steel types, Dragon Pulse for Mence and co., and also neutral coverage on Gengar, and fire/grass types. Then a choice between 3 different HPs, each one covers something that annoys me. Fire for other grass types and Scizor, Ice for Gliscor, and electric for the water serpent who is somehow flying in the air making fun of people while dancing.

I saw a set like this a while back... Although, there's one big difference to it, they were running HPRock on it instead of Fire/Ice/Electric et cetera. I don't know the exact Calcs for it, but I know it takes a chunk of HP with it. Other than the Hidden Power thing I see no real problems.

Registeel@Leftovers
Clear Body
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Careful
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Curse
-Earthquake

Registeel is an amazing tank. Half the time he's just here for the rocks but when he has time to set up he can get pretty powerful. The problem is that he doesn't have relible recovery, all he's got is leftovers, and that is his downfall in a lot of matches. I might replace him will Ferro or Tentacruel. Anyway, iron head for stab and earthquake for other steels.

Hmm... Not really sure. Registeel is cool, but I've seen the other Regis do farely well myself. Regice come to my mind sporting base 200 SDef, invest in physical on him and Curse and it may be worth it.

If you plan on keep Registeel, I'd say it's fine... But I feel like Regice would be better, or maybe Regirock. They both have better STABs when you want to attack(Ice Beam and Stone Edge respectfully), and they both have much more bulk in the other stat that it just works. My opinion, switch out this Regi for another.

Gardevoir@Choice Scarf
Trace
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Modest
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice/Grass Knot
-Trick

Interesting. Anyway, Trick is so fun to use, and has actually won me many games. Psychic is STAB, my most used attack. Thunderbolt is for coverage. HP Ice helps make perfect coverage, but grass knot helps against swampert.

Interesting. Pretty normal Scarfdevoir, don't really see any problems. Oh, and go with HPIce, unless you hate Quag. Swampert almost never appears anymore thanks to Quagsire's Unaware, so Quag would be the one who you want to watch out for. And Quag's not that common.

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Big Pecks(Trololo)
252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Calm
-Roost
-Toxic
-Protect
-Whirlwind

Mandibuzz never dies. Shes so bulky and when shes about to die, ROOST. Nuff said. Anyway, her job is to take hits for the rest of my team, Toxic the threat, whirlwind them out, and switch into a sweeper. Shes really good at it too. She can also stall forever if she wants to, but most times im not in for long.

Why would you invest in SAtk if there's no special attacks? Fixed, anyways. Apart from being Taunt bait, I see no problems.

Ok, so there's nothing about this team that is OU. The only thing that is OU is the way it is built. So don't tell me to go UU. Open to any other help.

Thanks in Advance​

Hope I helped.

Soperman

The One and Only
This is an interesting team. I like it.

Liepard: Take Fake Out. It is so annoying.

Sceptile: I would take HP Fire. Has the best coverage, takes out Grass for Feraligatr, and you already have Gliscor and Gyrados covered by Gatr and Gardevoir.

Registeel: You have so many people with EVs in Sp. Def, I would consider putting some in Defense for Registeel.

Hope this helps.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I still say you should put HP Rock on Sceptile, but meh.

Why do you refuse to place the remaining 4 HP EVs on Liepard?!
Overall it's improved, however I must say that putting Scald on Tentacruel is kind of off. If you burn something that could be poisoned, Venoshock would lose power drastically. Just saying.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Big pecks is hilarious, but overcoat could work since their a re a lot of sandstorm teams (and the occasional hail) otherwise, go on with the big peck trolling.
@weathereffectrain: the scald is to burn things that can't be poisoned. Things like steels, poisons, flying types, and levitators since it's tspikes. It's sort of like dual status, just different means to toxic.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Big pecks is hilarious, but overcoat could work since their a re a lot of sandstorm teams (and the occasional hail) otherwise, go on with the big peck trolling.
@weathereffectrain: the scald is to burn things that can't be poisoned. Things like steels, poisons, flying types, and levitators since it's tspikes. It's sort of like dual status, just different means to toxic.

Yeah I'd guess so, but a switch to something else can really mess Venoshock up. It's not that bad I guess, seeing as it kinda needs the Burns.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Let's see... Oh, bulky gyarados. He is another stat booster, intimidate is great, and works wonders. Not sure what else to use though. Can't think of anything else ATM.

Let's see... Oh, bulky gyarados. He is another stat booster, intimidate is great, and works wonders. Not sure what else to use though. Can't think of anything else ATM.
I was thinking of usin Gyara, but both of his types are already on my team. I would have to heavy of an electric weakness, which is why I'm getting rid of Gatr. Besides thepoor coverage gatr got.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
alrighty then, scrafty is another boost sweeper, you could use gliscor too if you put swords on it. There's also bishop with either sword dance or one of the speed boost moves that I think it can learn. I could he wrong about the last part.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
mandibuzz use same evs but
roost
toxic
whirlwind
brave bird/ snarl

@Mayu
They seem like good ideas, but scrafty gives another dark type, so does bisharp. and gliscor gives my team 3 ice weaknesses. Im about to scrap everything besides liepard and mandibuzz

@dragonuser
Toxic is unneeded because of tentacruel's toxic spikes. but snarl sounds like a good idea

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Lets see...dragonite with multiscale could work, uh, terrakion I guess? infernape and lucario can work as well.