• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nothing, Everything [PG-13]

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
The officer kneeled down and began petting Balin. The fire type growled softly to himself. He had a very patient mind when he was not in battle, but each stroke made him want to bite her hand more.

Another nice Balin moment. And I just really like seeing the urge to bite appear in a story. XP

Not wanting to be seen, Bunny grabbed her two Pokémon and they went inside the nearest bathroom stall. It was somewhat crowded inside, so Bunny had to sit on her Driftblim, which enabled her eyes to see what was going on.

That's... certainly an interesting image, and a rather amusing one, I thought. Those three poor souls, all crammed into a small space like that... XD

And fwee, Sky was in that chapter! :D

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
DarkPersian479:

Good, because I was wondering why the two officers wouldn't find the situation suspicious. Odds are that if a car was stopped at a stop sign (especially if it was stolen) when Jenny radioed Timmy, it would be long gone by the time Timmy and Lucas made it up to her location.

Yeah, it will be explained and it's something Jenny isn't fond of. XD Also, they Timmy's tracking meter so they'll be able to know where that car went...XD

I think someone needs to tell the officers that the whole plan is needlessly complex. Like Bunny (and apparently Butler as well), I was confused as to why certain things were done and how they were done. The tracking device did seem to come out of nowhere. Then there's the car parked at the stop sign instead of driving off.

Don't worry, a couple of people will. XD And about you being confused...to tell you the truth, I'm kind of both worried and glad at the same time. ^O^; Happy that you can relate to Bunny being confused too. On the other hand, I'm afraid because if its' too confusion that you and the other readers will get mad at me until the later chapters will come...=0

Of the tracking devices, yeah they seemed like they came out of nowhere at first, but in next chapter it will become clear. Also, of the car...well, Jenny just pick the car she saw first and then let the Driftblm put that tracking device behind the car. Also, the car stopping is in a way good so that it later willl make Timmy and Lucas think Bunny ran away and "hitchhike" a car when they look in the tracking meter. That's the best explination I can give. ^^;

Now, I do like the idea of the "arrest" serving as merely a ruse for some bigger and more elaborate plan, and you did handle it well enough, but there were a few things that just seemed unrealistic.

(Sighs) Nothing else I can say but that I try to have the situations as realistic as possible. At least if certain events are not things you could come across every day then I hope the characters' thoughts, feelings, and motives are realistic.

And to tell you the truth...part one of this story, though I like it, is a bit tougher and slower for me to write. There's a few things I need to build on and also some things I should leave out until the later chapters. That and it's a bit more similar to "Da Vinci Code", which I try my best to put a different spin. Part Two I enjoyed reading more because that's where the themes and character development becomes more clearer and it's less similar to "Da Vinci Code". Also, I originally was about to not do the arrest arc, but then I decided to put that arc in as later on...lets just say that will be later important in a few of the character's development.

Sorry that I sounded a bit disappointed and depressed. It's just that even though yes I like constructive criticism as it helps me try my best on the latter chapters, part of me felt scared that the later chapters might fail and readers won't stick around for Part Two. Again, Part One here is moreso of building up some things and getting to know the characters' personalities and motives and then Part Two is where things are going to be more indepth.

Don't worry though. I will try my best to improve and have the situations and feelings as realistic as possible. :)

With that said, I am definitely looking forward to the chapter when everything is explained, including the real motives of the officers.

Glad you'll still be sticking around. I hope the next chapter will heed your expectations. ^^

Sike Saner:

Glad you're happy that Sky's back! I think you'll like more of his antics later on...=D

Well, thanks you two for the review! Again, sorry for sounding a bit depressed. I'm just a bit worried about the later chapters, that's all. I hope the later chapters will be of some of your guys' expectations, though.

duncan

Well, I understood the chapter pretty well, but that's mostly because I've watched the Da Vinci Code movie a few times and knew what to expect. Don't worry too much about it, but just pay extra attention to how the scenes relate in the future. It should help.

I actually liked this chapter. Maybe because I love the way it worked out in the movie, but I'm liking how you're using most of the good parts of the movie/book, but also adding enough of your own stuff to keep it pretty interesting. Good job there.

About your description...well, true it's not perfect. Some parts don't flow well, but overall this is pretty good. I wouldn't worry about losing reviewers. ^^

Not much else I can say that hasn't already been said by everyone else, so good job. As long as you pay extra attention to how the scenes flow, you'll be doing good. :D

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
duncan:

You watched the movie a few times? I watched it only one time. I liked it a lot though my dad didn't like the ending very much. XD Also, glad you're being interested in this. Urgh, the real difference between this and Da Vinci Code won't be until a few more chapters. :X Dang, can't wait to post Part Two! Should be fun. :D

Sorry that the description didn't flow very well. Let's just say I tried to make that chapter a bit fast pace (hence probably why Great Bulter and DarkPersian were confused XD). Next chapter I slowed down the pace a bit. ;)

And last thing, though it's a bit off topic: So can't wait for your one shot! I bet it'll be great! ;)

Again, thanks for the review! =D

All righty, a few announcements:

-Next chapter will probably won't come either late January or early February. My beta is busy at the moment and I'll probably be busy studying for midterms (SO lucky most of my classes are doing only one instead of two! XD ).

-I finally managed to enroll in a History class! Maybe I'll get more ideas on how to make this story better. ;)

-Lastly, I'm thinking of doing a small website for this story and put in some fun stuff like the history behind this story like a bit about the original version of this story, banners, updates, etc. However, it'll probably be a while until I get a few stuff in because of college, though I'll make it during my spare time. We'll see...

Okay, now I need to study Italian! (Goes do that XD )

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
All right peeps, here's the next chapter! (Thanks Hanako Tabris for betaing! ^^)

Chapter Five
Realizations

While Bunny, her two Pokémon, and Jenny were running down the stairs, the Pokémon archeologist felt her temper boiling, her face becoming warmer and flowing with sweat. She hated that the officer did not mention anything and that everything moved too fast, too soon.

I just want some answers! This is beginning to waste my time!

When the four of them made it to the bottom floor, Bunny took a deep breath and then glared at Jenny.

"All right, what is going on? One, how did that device get inside my bag? Two, how was that last line in the photo wiped out? And last, is there anything else I should know that you are not telling me?"

That made Jenny stop running. She turned around to face Bunny with a look of annoyance and sighed.

Looks like it’s time for some explanation.

Jenny checked her watch before she nodded. "Yeah, I think I have time to answer your questions. I’ll answer your second question first, though…"

A couple of hours ago Timmy and Jenny made it to the museum. Over there, quite a lot of cars were parked and many people crowded around. Timmy parked the police car close to the Jubilife TV News van and then the two got out to see the commotion. On Jenny’s right side, she saw a stretcher with the body in a white sheet.

DA-DUM DA-DUM DA-DUM da-dum…

She froze and bit her lip. Jenny sensed both her body and mind being lighter. Her heart began to beat softer and slower.

Da-dum, da-dum, da-dum.

She could not cry; she could not dance. Jenny wanted to do both, but was torn between what to do, unsure what to feel. To her, would it be right to mourn?

Da-dum.

Jenny’s eyes gazed at the ambulance, the sirens screeching while the car moved towards its destination. Still no tears on her cheeks. Mist flew out of Jenny’s mouth while she breathed loudly.

It’s true. Wow…can’t believe it happened to him. I’m not sure what to think, though…

"Jenny!"

Timmy’s voice made Jenny turn around to see him with Chief Lucas. She put on a fake smile and laughed slowly.

"Oh, sorry. Just…thinking."

"Well, it’s all right." No smile came from Timmy’s mouth when he said that.

"Okay, Jenny, we’re going to check inside the museum that led to Ernest’s death," said Lucas.

The female officer nodded slowly and then followed behind the two men.

A spooky feeling went inside Jenny’s heart, and it was not from the coldness of the museum. When her eyes noticed the artifacts and painting, it gave her a feeling of déja vu, but not in a good way.

I remember this place so well…

Jenny shook her head, not wanting to relive the past. When she turned to see Lucas and Timmy, she saw the male officer use a night light that flashed at the spot where Ernest was dead before being taken away.

"Hm…nothing. What’s more weird is that there’s no blood," said Timmy.

Lucas coughed and then said to him, "Probably from internal bleeding. Ya know, the security guard did say he heard thumps coming from upstairs. Let’s check up there, you two!"

While the men bolted upstairs, Jenny sluggishly followed. With each step, her heart became tighter. When the female officer made it to the middle of the stairs, she stopped and felt her heart beating slowly again when she touched the left side of her chest.

What’s wrong with me? Why’s my heart slowly beating again? Do I really feel sad for Ernest’s death?

For a second she thought her heart stopped beating. She just froze there until she heard Timmy’s voice.

"Jenny, over here, you Slowpoke!"

As if by magic, Jenny ran upstairs. She then went to the center of the second floor, where Lucas and Timmy were.

"Timmy has the most brilliant idea ever! Here."

Lucas gave Jenny a small Polaroid photo. She realized whom the message was for:

-E:
Check out the Lapras.
First though, get Bunny Spruce.​

Bunny Spruce…

Jenny felt her hands shaking and body breaking into millions of shards. She remembered that phone call that told her to keep her safe. However, Jenny was not sure if she should do it or not.

For my uncle? I still don’t trust him yet…

If Jenny did that, there was a possibility she would be able to find some secrets Ernest had been keeping from her all these years. No grain of trust towards him yet, though. That then could block Jenny from searching for those secrets…

After she stared at the photo for what seemed like forever, Jenny felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around to see Lucas and Timmy, both smiling. She noticed Timmy holding the night light.

"You’re going to need this," the male officer said when he handed her the night light.

Jenny turned on the device and aimed the purple flash at the middle of the floor. She stopped when she saw the message. The words were the same as the one in the photo, except the last line, "First though, get Bunny Spruce", was completely wiped out. Rage was the only feeling inside her now.

"Wait…so I guess Timmy wiped off the last part?" she asked calmly.

Lucas grinned and Timmy nodded.

"Yep," said Timmy with a grin and chin raised up high. The last line’s concealed so that the criminal, Bunny Spruce, won’t know about it. If we told her right away she might run. Now that the last line’s gone, I thought you and me could make her come here and then eventually arrest her."

Her instincts were true. Bunny Spruce was now in danger. In her heart, Jenny knew Bunny did not do it. Why would Ernest ask her to help a criminal? Nonetheless, why did he ask her to help a woman she never heard or saw before? She then shook her head, deciding to worry about those questions later. The focus now as to not have an innocent woman arrested. Regaining her composure, Jenny had to let her feelings be known.

"Are you sure it’s Bunny? What if this message is for someone else, for this "E" person? Maybe he wants that person to get Bunny to safety? Also, what if all of a sudden she has a gun with her and shoots us? Or better yet, a Pokémon that could have the potential of killing us?"

"Then why would that message be here before he died?" Timmy asked in an instant. "Clearly he knew he was going to die as he wrote that person’s name down. Second, I doubt she has a gun with her, seeing as there were neither gunshots on him or blood on the floor. Third, we we were already risking our lives from the minute we started attending the police academy."

Jenny gritted her teeth. She already knew Timmy and Lucas already had their hearts set out on getting Bunny. On the other hand, she knew she still had a chance in victory.

"Okay, you’re right about the risk thing, anything can happen. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t prevent it. Also, maybe he knew he was going to die and wanted "E" to get Bunny for another reason besides turning her in to the police! Also, explain the ‘Get the Lapras’ line!"

Jenny saw Timmy’s mouth twitch. She grinned, thought she got him where she wanted. The female officer thought wrong, however. Timmy began chuckling and then smiled slyly.

"True…but still, I would write my future murderer’s name if I knew I was going to get killed. Besides, I think "E" stands for Ernest. And on the Lapras part, probably she’ll go Lapras hunting. Jubilife City is next to the lake route, Route 218. And on the risk thing, true but sometimes accidents happen. You just gotta go with the system."

When Jenny saw Lucas nodding, she sighed loudly. She felt as if the two men were being careless, not taking precautions to prevent future accidents.

"Well, why don’t you just go and arrest Bunny wherever she lives? It seems this plan is going to backfire."

Jenny’s eyes shot wide open and her heart was pierced. She did not want Bunny to go to jail, her being innocent and all. She just felt their plan was complex and had a few holes that could not be fixed without proper planning. Still, why should she care if she had not decided to save Bunny yet?

Lucas shook his head and smirked.

"Let me put it this way. If we do it aggressively, then she’ll act too. If we’re passive and arrest her at the perfect time, then we got her. Criminals love it when the police don’t realize they just passed them. Well, we’ll prove Bunny wrong. Also, Timmy and I are sure that this plan will work."

Jenny clutched her right fist and she began breathing heavily. She wanted to punch both of them, but then her hand relaxed. Two accidental deaths would spell trouble. Still, Jenny thought it was wrong that they would sugar coat this case and that it would rot Bunny.

After a long silence, the chief checked his watch and gasped.

"Well, guys, sorry but I’ve got to go. Got a couple of other businesses to take care of. You two, try to find Bunny Spruce. When you do, let me know."

Lucas walked down the stairs. When footsteps were not heard anymore, Jenny stared at Timmy with a deadly glare.

"You are so narrow-minded," she criticized quietly.

"Hey, my theory’s more logical than yours," he responded with a chuckle. "Come on, let’s go back to the police station."

Timmy quickly walked down the stairs while Jenny snorted and then followed slowly. Rage clouded inside her heart towards Timmy. The two usually got along really well, but this time they were in different agreements. She knew Timmy stood by his decision, usually never changing them unless it was necessary. There was no way she could change his mind now.

Before she knew it, she saw trees and people crowded around Lucas. Jenny’s hand was grabbed and the two went inside the police car. The female officer heard scants of his speech while Timmy tried to start the car.

"Is it a murder case?"

"Yes, we believe it to be a murder case…"

"Any suspects involved?"

"So far, Bunny Spruce’s the only suspect, but right now it’s under investigation…"

"Any more information on the whereabouts of Ernest’s death?"

"More info will come as this case develops…"

The car finally ignited with life. As Timmy drove quickly, Jenny saw the figure of Lucas getting smaller and smaller.

Back in the police station, Timmy was reading the articles online while Jenny looked at Bunny Spruce’s records on her computer. Her eyes quickly read the information.

Name: Bunny Spruce
Birthday: December 6, 1980
Birthplace: Eterna City, Sinnoh
Height: 5’2"
Weight: 115 lbs
Schools: Jubilife City Training School
University of Cannalave City, double major in Pokémon History and Archeology​

Archeologist? I thought those guys are called Ruin Maniacs.

Despite her chuckling at that thought, Jenny sighed. It was both weird and fascinating to her that in just seconds she knew a few things about Bunny Spruce. Because of that, she smiled.

Maybe this could be important later on.

After staring at the computer screen for a while, she heard Timmy calling her.

"Hey, I think I know where we can be able to find her. Check out the article titled ‘Fair Highlights: Pokémon Battle Tournament.’"

Jenny blinked but Timmy soon let his partner see his computer. When Jenny had her eyes on the article, she skimmed it through until she read a particular paragraph.

Another one of the potential battlers is the archeologist Bunny Spruce, even though she lost in the first round against Carlos Knotty. Her Ninetales went against his Linoone and both Pokémon put on a magnificent show. The battle ended with Ninetales’s Fire Blast and Linoone’s Hyper Beam colliding and causing an explosion, but the Normal type was left standing.

"Yeah, first time battling in a tournament," Bunny said when I interviewed her at her hotel room in the Jubilife Trinity Suite. "Still, it is quite fun. A very nice relaxing thing to do after hours of travel and research, since I am an archeologist, you know."

"Will you battle again?" I asked.

She chuckled and said, "Maybe."

Hope that Bunny will battle at the tournament again next year.

The officer took a deep breath and then said, "Okay, why’s this important?"

"This means we got ourselves a location."

Timmy said that last part in a sly tone, which made Jenny bit her lip and blink her eyes. She had a bad feeling about this.

I do wish I’ve the guts to argue with him again, but I don’t. It would just be a repeat. I hope though Timmy will realize what he’s doing is wrong.

Despite that thought, she smiled. Jenny also believed that thing would change. Soon she would play fire with fire.

"Sure, Timmy. Okay, get the police car ready. I’ll be down there in a minute."

The male officer nodded and then shook Jenny’s hand.

"That’s more like it! See you in a minute!"

After Timmy got up and left the police station, Jenny grinned and then chuckled. She had already decided on what to do.

The Jubilife Trinity Suite was a fifteen-story building. Because of how the building was structured of glass, it shined brightly from the full moon. Windows were noticeable to see, luckily. When Jenny gazed at the hotel, she gasped in amazement.

"What a nice hotel. I would like to actually stay in there one day."

"Yeah, quite a fancy hotel. Come one, let’s get out of the car."

The two officers got out of the car and went inside. Jenny gasped even louder. Colorful paintings hung on the peach-painted walls. On the marbled tables, fake flowers were in black vases. At the information desk, a woman in a short-sleeved dress was on the phone. Jenny followed behind her partner as the two went towards the woman.

"Yes, Mr. Watson, your room is reserved on the twenty-first of September. Okay, bye."

When the woman hung up the phone, she saw Timmy and Jenny in front of her. The lady’s eyes went wide, her body began shaking, and her head streaked with sweat.

"Hello, officers! What seems to be the problem?" she squeaked out.

"We’re here to meet up with Bunny Spruce for question on the whereabouts on the death of Ernest Norrison. Is it all right if you can tell us her room number?" asked Timmy.

The woman nodded twice and then began typing. Jenny could tell by the look on the receptionist’s face that she did not want to do this, but she did it anyhow. It took a few seconds to find the room number of Bunny Spruce.

"Bunny Spruce’s room number is seventy-three. Use the elevator straight across."

"Thank you," Timmy said. He nodded and then went to the elevator, Jenny following behind.

When the two went inside, Timmy pushed the button that had the number seven on it and then the elevator began rising slowly. The male officer began humming while Jenny was lost in her thoughts. While thinking, warmth began caressing her body.

That article Timmy showed me led me into saving Bunny and to also find out those secrets Ernest has been keeping all these years. Oh, how I love being a policewoman sometimes.

Her mind was being trespassed when she heard Timmy talking.

"Okay, here’s what we’re going to do. After we get Bunny to the museum, I’ll go outside and wait for the chief while you stay with Bunny. As soon as he comes, I’ll let you know and then the two of us will come and just arrest her. Got that?"

Jenny instantly nodded. "Got that."

When Timmy was humming again, Jenny frowned. She closed her eyes while her feet were shaking.

I’m not sure how I’ll be able to save her. That, and wondering how she would react.

"Here it is. Seventy-three."

Jenny’s eyes looked at the plaque with the writing "73" on it. Her heart pounded harder and harder, like what Timmy was doing to the door. Her eyes flew open when she saw Bunny Spruce in a robe with a Ninetales next to her.

"Um…can I help you?"

"Are you Bunny Spruce?" asked the male officer.

Bunny just nodded.

"Well, this is Officer Jenny here and I’m Officer Timmy. We got a few questions on the death of Ernest Norrison and also we would like you to come with us to the crime scene."

In an instant, Jenny felt pain inside her. Here was a woman, unknown to her that she committed a crime she did not do.

After Bunny shook her head and her eyes widened with horror, she asked, "What?"

"There are some things at the crime scene that maybe you can help us with. It won’t take long."

Jenny could tell by Bunny’s confused facial expression that she did not want to do it and thought it was weird.

I don’t want to do this too, Bunny.

"Okay, I will tag along. Let me change first."

As soon as Bunny and her Ninetales went inside the bathroom, the two officers entered the room. In an instant, Timmy took Bunny’s bag and opened it.

"What are you doing?" Jenny hissed in rage when she saw that.

"Just in case," he said simply. The male officer took out a small chip from his shirt uniform pocket and stuck it inside the bag.

After he closed the bag, Jenny’s rage engulfed her. She wanted to say that what he did was even worse, but knew it would not work. The male officer usually stood by every decision he made. Instead, she had this one thought in her mind.

I will try to protect Bunny Spruce, no matter what.

During the drive, Timmy was having a casual conversation with Bunny. Jenny was not paying attention. Instead, she was planning out how she could save the woman. Her mind then thought back to what Timmy told her earlier.

Timmy said he’ll be waiting for Lucas outside. Also, he has the tracking device in her bag. If I could make them both think Bunny ran away, they would be busy trying to catch her. But how?

Jenny bit her lip in frustration. There must be a way to save Bunny without being caught.

If I don’t think of something quick, she’ll be in jail and I won’t be able to depict Ernest’s message.

Her eyes then saw a few cars pass by and a couple of people on the streets running towards a bar. She grinned.

She’ll be hijacking a car.

Bunny and her two Pokémon were speechless; they could not believe the events that had unfolded. The female Pokémon archeologist now knew why Jenny was quiet. Despite these revelations, there was one more question she wanted to ask.

"So all of this came together. One thing confuses me, though. How do you know that message is for you?"

The lady officer knew she would be asked that question. It stabbed her deep inside. Eventually, she mustered all of her strength inside her to answer it before the stab got any deeper.

"Well…the "E" stands for my middle name, Ella. Also, Ernest Norrison’s my uncle."

It was as if time stood still. Bunny and her Pokémon let the idea of Ernest Norrison as Jenny’s uncle sink into their brains. At least it was a huge relief for Bunny to have some of her questions answered. At the same time, more questions were created.

"Wait, you are Ernest’s niece?"

Jenny just nodded.

"Okay, answer me this. How do you know Ernest wants you to help me, save me, whatever?"

"He called and told me," Jenny answered mournfully, her head bowed down.

Bunny just nodded and then said, "All right. But how come you did not mention any one of your uncle’s calls?"

Neither Bunny nor her Pokémon were prepared of what was going to happen next. Jenny laughed loudly, which scared the wits out of the three. Balin’s and Sky’s eyes went wide while Bunny covered her ears.

As soon as Jenny stopped laughing, she calmed herself down and then answered, "Ha, I wished! You don’t know Officer Timmy nor Chief Lucas. I love and respect them both, but they can be close-minded sometimes. They’ll think my uncle called to capture you."

"Hm…point taken," said Bunny, understanding the situation. The Ninetales and Drifblm nodded also. "However, why did he choose me?"

The officer frowned. She wished she knew the answer but her uncle did not say anything except that everything would make sense soon. However, because her uncle died, there was no way to get a straight answer.

Yeah, why?

Jenny shook her head and then answered, "That I don’t know."

Bunny grunted, she knew so far that this was not going away. If only they could find a reason why Ernest wrote her name instead of someone else’s. Surely, it could be something of a great importance? She then snorted.

What a great way to frame someone.

"However, we can find out together!" Jenny exclaimed all of a sudden and then winked.

Both Balin and Sky cheered and grinned. Bunny, on the other hand, had her eyes wide in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"I have a hunch that whatever my uncle wants us to do can be used as evidence that you’re innocent. Also, as I’m a policewoman, I’m wondering what those ‘secrets’ are!"

Jenny’s heart began pumping harder. The officer side of her could not wait to find what her uncle hid from her.

I’ll probably laugh my butt off at whatever secrets Uncle Ernest left with his grave.

Bunny looked down at the floor while twitching her fingers. It was weird to her that, despite accused of murder, Jenny would think about finding out her uncle’s secrets. However, she somehow was involved in that message. She sighed, knowing she had no choice.

At least maybe I can be able to find out why Ernest wrote my name. Do not care too much about those secrets at this moment…

"All right, now what?"

"Okay, before we go and escape, we need to take care of that Lapras business, and I know where to look! Follow me."

As Jenny ran off, Bunny gasped. She was so obsessed as to why she was going to jail and why her name was written on the floor, she forgot all about the second line. At the same time, Bunny started to trust Jenny slightly more, though still found her somewhat fishy. Not wanting to be left behind, she and her Pokémon dashed to follow her.

While Bunny was running, there was one other thing in her mind.

Wait, Jenny explained how those two officers’ plan to arrest me is complex and confused, which I agree. However, her plan has a couple of holes too…

"Jenny, there is something I do not get. What happens if your plan backfires, for instance, me not having a Pokémon that knows Psychic? Also, would you not get fired for this?"

For sure Bunny thought Jenny would stop and stare at her angrily again like before. However, while running Jenny turned around and smiled at her.

"Well, I got other attacks I would use if that were to be the case. I just thought Psychic would be easier to use, that’s all. If you’re wondering what happens if this plan failed, I’m not worried too much, knowing they’ll be busy chasing you in that car. Also, that’s fine with me if I get fired. I got connections with my other relatives," she said that last sentence with a wink.

While Sky and Balin chuckled, Bunny just sighed and shook her head. She thought Jenny too was careless in not at least thinking of a couple of more good ones. Still, she believed the situation she was in just kept getting more complex and confusing. Bunny wanted to run, but she was afraid Lucas and Timmy might be able to catch her. For now she would have to stick with Jenny.

Just hope things would not get worse.

This chapter is one of the big things The Da Vinci Code didn't put...XD While in the book the main female protagonist(forgot her name...hey, it's been a while since I read it! =O) explain of the police's plans, in this chapter I decided to "show" it. XD

Now, sorry in advance if this chapter didn't satisfy at least most of your concerns of what happened in Chapter Four. Again I'll give a quick summary of what happen to make things clear (though I really tried my best to make things more sense in this chapter ^^;):

Pretty much what happened is Jenny told Bunny what happened:

-When Jenny saw her uncle dead, she was not sure how to react nor not sure if she should save Bunny (remember that call back in first chapter?)
-After Jenny found out the officers are planning a complex way to arrest Bunny, she went an argument with them that ended with her knowing they won't agree
-Eventually after reading that article Timmy gave her, she decided to save Bunny and find out what his uncle wanted
-After Bunny found out about how the tracking device was from Timmy putting it in her bag and Jenny planning the escape in advance, she was concern that Jenny's plan too has flaws (and worried of what would have happened if the plan did failed) that the officer did not notice.

Well, hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Expect Chapter Six to come something in late February/early March as I'll be busy wtih real life things for a while. ^^;

Last edited:

duncan

Much better. This chapter was easy enough to understand, save for one small scene. Not THAT much happened here, but that was mostly due to it being (mostly) a flashback chapter.

However...some things didn't work for me. Take this for example:

A couple of hours ago Timmy and Jenny made it to the museum. Over there, quite a lot of cars were parked and many people crowded around. Timmy parked the police car close to the Jubilife TV News van and then the two got out to see the commotion. On Jenny’s right side, she saw a stretcher with the body in a white sheet.

This is a case of show, don't tell. Here, you list off what happened like a summary. But instead, actually show us. I'm sure you know what I mean. This was repeated a couple times in the chapter, but this was the main case.

One thing I can suggest to help with that read each chapter out loud to yourself. Things like are so much easier to pick out like that. By fixing things like this, it helps the fic read so much better. Just a little tip. ;)

Jenny could tell by Bunny’s confused facial expression that she did not want to do it and thought it was weird.

Generally, unless it's dialogue, when speaking from a third person narrative (which I'm not entirely sure you're doing here, but nevertheless) you don't use words like "weird". Try odd. Makes it look much more professional.

After he closed the bag, Jenny’s rage engulfed more.

This didn't quite make sense. Try "Jenny's rage engulfed her", or something along that line.

I had gotten in the habit of doing a (not very good) grammer check, but DP479 does it so much better than I do that I'll skip out on that. There wasn't that many typos, etc. anyway.

The length was good, here. Perfect. Not too long, where you're pleading for the end. But not too short, either. Nice job, there.

One thing I want to note, however. The only thing that (slightly) confused me was when you transitioned from what happened before last chapter and what was new. I did a double take, trying to figure out what happened. Maybe a small note saying "Three hours later" or something similar would help there.

Now about your description, which was a small improvement over the last chapter. It was much less choppy, and had a very nice, readable flow to it. However...it was skimpy in some areas (such as in the last scene). It was dark, though. So I'll give you that.

And about the "heartbeat" scene (again, sorry about that). It was actually quite suspenseful. I also liked how much of the chapter was from Jenny's POV.

All in all, one of your better chapters. Helped clear up some questiuions from the last one. Just try and work on description and remember to show, don't tell. Nice chapter.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
You know, when I read the part where Timmy and Lucas show Jenny that Timmy wiped out the line mentioning Bunny, the first thing that popped into my head was, Holy cheese, they've tampered with evidence! o.o Those are some naughty, naughty cops there. Tampering with evidence in order to trap a suspect... shame on them. Dirty, dirty shame.

Oh, and...

Jenny’s heart began pumping harder. The officer side of her could not wait to find what her uncle hid from her.

I’ll probably laugh my butt off at whatever secrets Uncle Ernest left with his grave.

Ha, I daresay she's in for quite the surprise... X3

DarkPersian479

Sorry for the lateness of my review...

One, how did that device get inside my bag?

what if all of a sudden she has a gun with her and shoots us?

Third, we were already risking our lives from the minute we started attending the police academy.

Is it all right if you can tell us her room number?

After he closed the bag, Jenny’s rage engulfed her. She wanted to say that what he did was even more worse, but knew it would not work. The male officer usually stands by every decision he made.
For the last sentence, there's a tense disagreement. Use one of these two combinations:
"stood" and "made"
Or...
"stands" and "makes"

Bunny and her two Pokémon were speechless; they could not believe the events that had unfolded.

"However, why did he choose me?"

Bunny grunted, she knew so far that this was not going away. If only they could find a reason why Ernest wrote her name instead of someone else’s. Surely, it could be something of a great importance?
Just for clarification, when I highlight something in red, it means that it should be deleted.

She sighed, knowing she had no choice.

Well, I did get some things explained this chapter, like how the tracking device ended up in Bunny's bag, and (somewhat) the reason for the long and drawn-out arrest plan. Another question about Jenny's plan that I have (and Bunny didn't bring up) is this: How far away would Sky be able to move the car with Psychic? I imagine it would require a lot of mental energy to move a 3,000lb. automobile, and it needs to be far enough away in order to buy Bunny and Jenny enough time to make their escape.

I want to ask - Does Bunny have anything in her bag that she really needs? It might have been a better idea to plant the bag with the device inside of it, so as to give the illusion to Timmy and Lucas that she fled from the car on foot and left her bag. With the tracker wrapped in a towel, it just appears more like someone deliberately removed the device and planted it in the vehicle.

I liked having everything being told through Jenny's perspective, as it really brings forth her thoughts and reasons for her actions. You were able to show her reactions for her uncle's death, and her reasons for betraying her fellow officers and hatching a plan for escaping with the "suspect." And that was done quite well, I might add.

Well, now, it looks like Jenny and Bunny have a little bit of time on their hands to try and make an escape before the other two catch on to their plan. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter!

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Happy belated Valentines Day, everyone! Aw yeah, I feel the love here! XD Sorry for not replying eariler...got an essay to finish. :X

duncan: Thanks for giving me pointers on description. Yeah, the thing is sometimes the description is skimmpy because I try to make some actions fast paced. ^^; Well, I'll try my best to beef up the description, though. :)

And also, glad you liked the "heartbeat" scene and how this chapter is in Jenny's POV. that scene suspensful? XD Seriously though, it's fine and you used it much better than me. XD

The Great Butler: Glad that this chapter explains everything. :)

Sike Saner: Haha, yeah. They're dirty, dirty cops. XD (Coughs) Actually...in later chapters they're more to them then both of them being bad cops...

DarkPersian479:

Well, I did get some things explained this chapter, like how the tracking device ended up in Bunny's bag, and (somewhat) the reason for the long and drawn-out arrest plan. Another question about Jenny's plan that I have (and Bunny didn't bring up) is this: How far away would Sky be able to move the car with Psychic? I imagine it would require a lot of mental energy to move a 3,000lb. automobile, and it needs to be far enough away in order to buy Bunny and Jenny enough time to make their escape.

Opps...sorry if I made you think that. XD Actually, Sky did not use Psychic to lift the car. He used Psychic to have the towel inside the car.

Also, on your other comment...hm, never thought that. ^^; On the other hand, yes Bunny does need it...at least in her case. She's a ruin maniac. XD

Aw, you thought I did well on Jenny's POV too? Thankies. ^^ Yeah, that is what I'm going for. :)

Again, thanks you four for the review! At the moment I'm almost done editing the sixth chapter. If all goes well, it might come before the end of February. :)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
All righty then! Huzzah, got Chapter Six posted early! ^^ I'll say this: this is at first one of my least favorite chapter but then it became one of my top favorite after changing things around a bit, writing style wise. Despite this chapter not having the best characterization in the world (I swear the characters will progress slowly...^.^; ), there are still a lot of developments here and the beginning of what I planned a few of the themes of the story to be.

Sorry in advance if the chapter is once again confusing...let me know if you want a quick summary of what happened in this chapter. Would have done an explination but I have homework to do (dang fire drill at my dorm >.>).

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! And oh, once again thanks Hanako Tabris for betaing!

Chapter Six
Reject It, Challenge It, Forget It

Inside the car, a man with an oval-shaped face drove rapidly. His big eyes carefully watched the buildings and street names pass by. While steering the wheel with his left hand, his right hand petted a sleeping pink cat Pokémon.

"Skitt…skitt," the Pokémon said in its sleep.

"Don’t worry, Skitty, we’re almost there," whispered the man.

On the back seat, red flashes kept blinking, and it was coming from a yellow towel.

"Dang, that car’s going fast! Yep, it’s a hijack!"

While Lucas drove the police car, Timmy looked at the tracking meter with a smirk. The red dot still moved at a rapid speed.

"Timmy, do you know where she’s turning now?"

"Looks like the car was speeding to the left but now it stopped. Speed up!"

The chief’s foot stomped on the gas pedal and the police car drove faster. Timmy could feel his heart race with excitement, knowing in a few minutes that they would catch their criminal. It was not long until both men saw the brown car move sharply to the left.

"It’s that car!" yelled Timmy while pointing his fingers at it, exhilaration spreading more inside. "Turn the sirens on!"

Lucas smiled and then pushed a red button.

WEE-WOO! WEE-WOO! WEE-WOO!

The sirens took the man by surprise, his eyes blinking many times. He turned his head for a second and saw flickers of blue and red lights behind him. The sound woke the Skitty up, her mouth in a frown.

"Itty?" the cat Pokémon cried in distress.

"I’m not sure what’s happening," the driver said without looking at his Pokémon. "Better pull over."

The man steered the wheel left to have the car park beside the sidewalk. As soon as that was done, the police car parked right behind.

Probably just a taillight, probably just a taillight…

While he was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, he heard his Skitty whimpering. The man sighed and then shook his head.

Just act cool and everything will be good.

The man took deep breaths and then smiled, his nervousness instantly gone. He did not do anything wrong, so he assumed the policemen might just ask him if he saw any suspects around.

In less than a couple of seconds the two policemen came, both with wide eyes on their faces.

"Good evening, policemen," the man said in a calm voice. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Can we see your ID first?" Timmy tried to ask nicely, but a confused tone was hidden. His mouth was twitching, which the man did not notice.

The man took out his wallet and gave it to the chief. Both Lucas and Timmy looked at the wallet and then the chief opened it.

"So your name’s Norm Williams, right?" asked Lucas. He then gave the wallet back to Norm.

"Correct. Sooooooo, why am I being pulled over?"

"Well, we’re tracking down a suspect named Bunny Spruce. From the tracking meter, she’s taking your car. Where is she?" asked the chief in a commanding tone.

Norm’s jaws dropped and his right eye was half-closed. His Skitty cried a "Skit?"

"What? Officers, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m happily willing to open both the back door and the trunk. You’ll see for yourself that there’s no one else with me except for my Skitty."

Norm, without either of the two policemen’s permission, pushed the unlock button on the left side of his car door. After a click sound, Norm got out and opened the right side of the back door for the two officers to see for themselves. He then did the same thing with the trunk. Timmy stared at his boss, unsure of what to do.

"Well…he is nice enough to let us have a peek," Lucas replied, shrugging.

At first, Timmy was a bit skeptical of the man’s behavior, acting as if nothing ever happened and in a calm matter too.

Too calm. However, I guess one way to find out is to look.

Deciding he could not wait any longer, he stared at the back seat. There was nothing except for a yellow towel with red flashes.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Timmy gritted his teeth and then grabbed the towel. His blood boiled each time the little device flashed.

Must be Bunny.

He took out the tiny tracking device chip and stomped on it. Lucas, Norm, and the cat Pokémon just stared with their mouths wide open.

The four entered in another room filled with many artifacts used in medieval warfare. There were axes and swords inside clean glasses while bows, arrows, and shields were pinned on the walls. Rusted helmets and armors were out so anyone could touch them with their very own hands. The lighting of the full moon made everything in the room shine brightly. Both Sky and Balin cried in excitement, loving all the artifacts inside. Bunny grinned too when she saw the weapons, but then she shook her head. She must focus on the situation she was in or else she might be in that room all night and then be arrested.

While the two Pokémon looked around at the weapons, Bunny and Jenny eventually stopped and stared at a painting of two Lapras with their necks touching each other. The setting sun glistened on their dark blue shells. Both of the huge Pokémon had tears in their eyes and scratches on their shells. On the bottom of the portrait, there was cursive handwriting with the name of the painter: Ingit Vivus.

Amazement and confusion collided together in Bunny’s mind. She was just blown away of how beautiful the painting was, wishing that she had that kind of talent. On the other hand, there were two questions in her mind.

Why is that painting in the Medieval Wars room and how does Officer Jenny know where to go? Dang it, I should know this!

Bunny reacted by having her right hand punch the wall. When the pain erupted, she cried and then rubbed her bruised hand. Jenny chuckled and after that, she shook her head.

Known her for only a few minutes and already I think she’s nuts.

"You won’t believe this, but my uncle took me to this museum a few times," the female officer chimed with a chuckle. "When he showed me this painting, I fell instantly in love with it. He told me how Ingit Vivus was a region fighter and one day during his journey he saw two Lapras together, like in the painting you’re seeing right now. After the Region Fights were over, he spent the rest of his life painting, and this is one of them." Jenny chuckled again and then asked, "I bet you know what the Region Fights are, right?"

Bunny nodded and then grinned while her hand flew up towards the ceiling.

"Of course! It was the war between Hoenn and Sinnoh! The two regions went against each other because of their different perspectives of history." Bunny’s mind then got struck by those four words:

Different perspectives of history.

It was hard for her to believe that even though there were different records of history in front of the very eyes of mankind, there could be differences. It was not just differences of when events happened, but the thoughts and criticisms of it. One historian believed that event saved lives while another thought it was the worst mistake in the world. That was how the Region Fights got started, that was how Hoenn and Sinnoh went to war, that was how histories clashed and fought against each other.

Jenny’s laugh suddenly interrupted Bunny’s thoughts. She clutched her chest, feeling her heartbeat race faster and faster.

She scares me sometimes.

"I bet you know a lot more about history than me. Glad you didn’t give me a three-lecture on that war as you’d be arrested!"

Great, she probably noticed the excitement in my voice, Bunny thought solemnly with a grunt.

Jenny shook her head in amusement and then turned on the nightlight. The light soon showed another piece of writing.

Center of the Library, 2244

Reject it.

Timmy wanted to reject what he saw. Confusion fogged inside his mind. While Lucas tried to explain to Norm the situation at hand, Timmy was in the police car, taking rapid breaths.

How can that be? Is Bunny a smart criminal or what?

It was just unbelievable to him. He thought they had her. The red dots, the tracking meter, the writing on the floor…

Realization unexpectedly lanced deep inside his mind.

There’s something weird going on.

His mind went back to the times when Jenny denied that Bunny Spruce committed that crime. She said how that message was meant to help her, not capture her. In addition, she was quiet when the two of them were with Bunny.

He loved her though. He did not believe Jenny would do something so low as helping a criminal. His heart would be shattered if that were the case.

No, so not like Jenny, the girl that liked to catch criminals. It can’t be.

Timmy shook his head, not wanting to think about that. Part of him though knew that there was some faulty logic going on, but he could not put a finger on it. He then decided to stick his head out of the window to see how Lucas was doing with Norm. From the looks of it, it was not going so well.

Lucas’s eyes became big and his mouth quivered when he saw Norm’s face shaded red. The man’s loud complaints had his mind running in fright. He tried to explain the situation, though it was not working.

"Seriously, why did you think someone hijacked my car? Also, who the hell is Bunny Spruce?"

"Look, Norm, we’re so sorry! We thought Bunny hijacked your car!"

That made things worse. Norm’s face became even redder.

"I THINK YOU GUYS ARE FRAMING ME JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE MORE CASES UNDER YOUR BELT! SO I’M RIGHT THAT ALL COPS ARE BAD!"

Only some words slurred into the chief’s mind. Lucas now was not sure how to calm that man down as he was afraid he might make it worse. Deciding to keep quiet, he just let Norm vent his anger a little longer.

Not wanting to see the scene any more, Timmy sighed heavily and then slowly eased his head back inside the police car. Seeing Norm angry suddenly made him smile. He knew what to do now.

I’m going to get to the bottom of this.

Challenge it.

While Bunny and Jenny stared at the writing, the archeologist began thinking about the situation. She wanted to challenge those two policemen and prove that it was not her that killed Ernest Norrison. However, Jenny told her before that the both of them would not believe her. Bunny then began trying to figure out what that writing meant. Her other challenge was to crack the code. For some reason, she expected the answer to rush through, but it did not.

Center of Library, 2244. Now, what does THAT mean?

Bunny’s mind did not click. The number 2244 and the phrase "Center of Library" was a dead end for her. Bunny stared at Jenny, hoping she knew what that meant.

Well…she already knew instantly what it meant on the Lapras part.

Unfortunately, Jenny shook her head.

"I got nothing. Maybe he wanted us to go there? If it is, to hide there? No, libraries are closed in early evenings.

THUD!

At that very moment, a crashing sound was heard, and that made Jenny and Bunny ran automatically.

While Jenny and Bunny stared at the Vivus painting, Balin and Sky looked around at the weapons.

Balin looked at an armor filled with dust and scratches. The fox Pokémon stared at it in disgust and then snorted. His nose wrinkled when some dust landed on it and he sneezed.

Sky was staring at a few axes and arrows until he glared at his own reflection on a shiny shield. After the Drifblim saw that, he moved his eyes in an appreciated sort of manner. He then inhaled some air to make himself bigger and then laughed.

Sky’s laughter had Balin instantly ram towards the armor out of flight and then fall on his back. The armor shook violently and was making noises. Balin saw that with eyes wide open and then got up to run away. The armor was falling down until…

THUD!

The two women came and saw the armor on the floor. Bunny turned and then glared at Balin and Sky like an angry Persian. The two Pokemon laughed nervously, both feeling their souls slash into a hundred pieces when she stared at them like that.

"All right, who did this?"

Both of Sky’s eyes shifted towards Balin. The fire type just yelped.

"You are in so much trouble, Balin! And I told you to behave!"

"Tales, nine nine nine nine!" whined Balin, trying to defend himself.

Even though Bunny did not exactly get what Balin said, she had an idea of what he whined about.

"So I guess the armor crashing was an accident?"

Both Pokémon nodded.

Not really feeling like arguing anymore, Bunny simply replied, "Okay, I will take your guys’ word for it. However, be careful next time."

As Sky and Balin nodded, Timmy’s voice was suddenly heard from Jenny’s walkie-talkie. All four jumped up, as if a ghost Pokémon scared all of them at once.

"Jenny, are you there?"

Bunny felt as if she could not breathe. Thoughts of being in jail crept into her mind once again, but she bit her lip hard to not cry out in distress. She saw Jenny at first worried herself but then smile and wink at her, as if inspiration struck her.

I did not plan this, but I’ve been trained to act fast.

"Yes, I’m here! Did you guys catch Bunny yet?"

"Actually, no. You see, she’s not in that car. Now, are you sure it’s her and not mistaken for someone else?"

"What?" Jenny said in a fake-surprised tone. "Of course! Why would you say that?"

"On the back seat there’s a towel with the tracking device stuck to it. Do you have any explanations on that?"

"Really?" the female officer said with a fake gasp.

Sky and Balin chuckled, which made Bunny’s nervousness worse. The woman could not stop her shoulders from shaking. Jenny, on the other hand, just smiled.

"Guys, hush!" Bunny commanded them in a whisper, which made her two Pokémon stop chuckling slowly. When Jenny saw that, she shook her head.

Bunny should just calm down. I’ll make sure she won’t go to jail.

"Probably she has a Psychic Pokémon that has Teleport."

"Hm…you’re onto something there."

Before she said anything, Jenny held her thump up and winked. That made Sky, Balin, and - surprisingly - Bunny smile. It had made her calm down at least.

I have to admit, she is getting good at this.

"Yeah, that’s the only explanation… Oh no!"

"What?"

"She’s actually here right now, along with her Kada… Hey, give that back!"

"Jenny…are you all right?"

When Jenny grinned, all three chuckled softly.

"Bunny, give that back!" Jenny said in a softer tone. "Don’t you…"

At that moment, the officer dropped the walkie-talkie, and then stomped on it. Hundreds of pieces flew out of the device. The three gasped with horror and eyes large with astonishment.

"I cannot believe you did that!"

Jenny did not say anything in admiration of what she did. Instead, it was something more serious.

"They’ll come real soon! We must hurry!"

For what felt like the hundredth time to Bunny, Jenny grabbed her arm again and the two ran off, Balin and Sky dashing behind. While they ran, Bunny’s mind still wondered about Ernest’s writing on the Vivus painting.

"What about your uncle’s writing? We hadn’t figured it out yet!"

"Worry about that later! We need to get out of here NOW!"

Forget it.

Lucas just wanted to forget what happened with Norm. When the dusty car drove away, Lucas sighed. It took a while for him to explain to the man why he was followed in the first place. The end result was that of Norm almost having a heart attack. He kicked the sidewalk, hating himself and embarrassed for doing a huge mistake. Now Lucas had no clue as to where to find Bunny Spruce.

I do hope Norm’ll forget this in a few days. What a night so far.

The chief then went inside the driver’s seat of the police car and saw Timmy with his hands veiling his head.

"Anything the matter, Timmy?"

"Looks like Bunny managed to escape before we can get hold of her. I contacted Jenny and she said Bunny’s at the museum already. Not only that, sounded like her walkie-talkie got destroyed."

"Really?" Lucas asked with a raised eyebrow. He felt his head storm with nervous thoughts.

If the walkie-talkie got destroyed…I do hope nothing happened to her. However, there’s one other way I can contact her.

"Yeah, I think we should go right now and check it out. However, probably Jenny already arrested her!"

Despite what Timmy said would be considered a happy thought, Lucas bit his lips. Part of him wanted to find out what was really going on.

"Well, let me call her cell phone."

Lucas took out his razor cell phone from his suit and dialed the numbers.

When Jenny, Bunny, and her two Pokémon went outside, they all took deep breaths. It was a little while before Jenny spoke.

"Bunny, do you have a flying Pokémon, besides Drifblim, that’s big enough to carry two people?"

Bunny shook her head and said, "No."

"It’s all right. I got one we can use."

The officer took out a tiny ball from her belt, pushed a button to enlarge it, and then threw it up in the air. In a couple of seconds, the Pokémon came out and roared loudly. The light faded to reveal a dinosaur-like Pokémon shaking its long neck, the bananas on its chin swishing gently. The Pokémon then spread its wings, which were made of large leafs. Bunny and her Pokémon gasped and all of them could not seem to take their eyes off the Tropius.

"Return your Pokémon and then hop on," Jenny commanded as soon as she was on her Pokémon.

Bunny nodded and then returned her Drifblim. After that, she picked up her Ninetales and then hopped up on the Tropius.

"Why did you not return your Ninetales?" asked Jenny with a chuckle.

"Long story."

Jenny shrugged and then said to her Pokémon, "All right, Tropius, let’s…"

She stopped when she heard her cell phone ring. When Bunny heard that, her excitement faded. Anxiety attacked her again, her heart beating faster and faster. She did not notice that she was holding Balin tighter.

"Nine…nine!" the Pokémon pleased while trying to gasp for breath.

When Bunny heard him, her eyes went wide and she quickly opened her arms more. She then asked Jenny, "Are you going to answer it?"

Jenny answered with just a smile. What the officer did next Bunny did not expect. She took out her cell phone and instead of answering it she took out the chip inside it and put it in her shirt pocket. After that, she threw the cell phone on the museum building. When it fell down, it was broken in half.

"Remind me to get myself a new cell phone," Jenny said to Bunny with a huge grin.

Bunny and Balin did not say a word. Instead, they both laughed.

"Okay, Tropius, now let’s go!"

The grass Pokémon roared and then flew up in the air. In just seconds, the four were off, flying in the night sky.

"Damn it! Probably Bunny smashed her cell phone too!" Lucas roared. His fists then hit the middle of the car door.

"See what I mean! I think we need to get there as soon as possible."

Lucas nodded and said, "You’re right. Come on, let’s go."

As soon as Lucas turned on the engine, the police car drove off. While steering the wheel, the chief frowned , suddenly thinking about what would happen if he did not catch Bunny. His eyes flickered and his hand curled up tightly into a ball.

He did not know that while Bunny was up in the sky riding a Tropius, she too frowned. On the other hand, she worried if she would be caught. Her shoulders became less tense and her breaths harder. Despite Jenny doing well helping her, there was still a chance of failure.

Both of their thoughts were saying the same thing.

Would this situation in the end be worth nothing or everything?

Well, pretty much the events here are almost the same as in the "Da Vinci Code" except for one thing:

-Originally I had Ingit like Da Vinci and have him also be an inventor and a member of a religious group back in the first version of this fic. I even have the original main characters in the original version find out one of Ingit's belongings. XD This time though I just have him as a painter, nothing more.

There's more but I can't think of any at the moment.

Again, sorry if this confuses anyone. Will do an explanation probably on the weekend. Well, I'm hoping the next chapter shall be sometime in St. Patrick's Day. ^^

Last edited:

DarkPersian479

"Looks like the car was speeding to the left but now it stopped. Speed up!"

The four entered in another room that was filled with many artifacts used in medieval warfare.
The "in" isn't needed, and "clouded" IMO implies something is being obscured or hidden.

She must focus on the situation she was in or else she might be in that room

At that very moment, a crashing sound was heard, and that made Jenny and Bunny automatically.
Missing a verb at the end of this sentence.

she threw the cell phone out of the museum building.

Well, this chapter explains the car taking off (fortunate that someone was driving off right when Jenny pulled off the tracker plan). And actually, I didn't have a hard time at all with understanding what occurred this chapter. Overall, I quite enjoyed the combination of humor and mystery that was in this chapter. Though I have a few guesses about 2244... could be an address, a time (22:44), a date (2/2/44), a combination for some sort of lock-box containing a clue... I think I'll stop speculating here 'cause I'm just rambling.

I liked Norm's reaction to the cops pulling him over and how he exploded at them. And I thought it was cute how Sky and Balin were playing around with the artifacts and getting into mischief while Jenny and Bunny were investigating the painting.

At first I was questioning why Jenny would tip off their location but then it dawned on me. Perhaps if she could get Timmy and Lucas to the museum and see the Lapras painting mentioned in the text before, it could finally get them to start understanding that Bunny isn't the guilty party here.

Well, now I have to look forward to Jenny and Bunny's next move - and how long they can keep up the deception before Lucas and Timmy find out she's helping their suspect.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
DarkPersian479:

:D Glad you like the part where Norm explodes. Yeah, I really like that part too. Also, I quite had fun writing the Balin and Sky scene.

As for your guesses...

One of your guesses is right, though I'll say Bunny and Jenny might/might not get it right the first time...

The Great Butler:

Yeah, too much did not happen here. That's actually one of the reasons why this chapter was originally one of my least favorites (and Chapter Seven, which I'll explain in a bit). I then decided to make that up by experimenting a writing style I hadn't tried yet. ^.^ Also, glad that some action is finally picking up, huh? XD Seriously, I'm slow at building things, afraid if I have the pace too fast then there'll be confusion (like Chapter Four...^^; ).

Again, thanks you two for the reviews! As for Chapter Seven...I'll say that that chapter also won't have much happening but it'll give the readers a chance to get to know Bunny and Jenny a little better, that's all I'm going to say! =D The only problem is it's a bit conversation heavy and I'm trying to fix that. :X

Also, "Nothing, Everything" is probably going to be delayed for a bit because I'll be busy studying for finals and also I'm reading "The Da Vinci Code" again (already up to over twenty chapters) XD. I hope to have Chapter Seven to be posted sometime in March, though! ^^

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Lol, when that "THUD!" happened, I was all like, Oh snap, what just happened? o.o I wondered if something really serious had just happened... and then it turned out that it was just a suit of armor that Sky and Balin had accidentally knocked over. XD Classic.

And I am definitely interested in the new clue that Jenny and Bunny have picked up, the whole "Center of the Library, 2244" thing. o.o I wonder what that'll turn out to mean...

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Sike: Haha, glad you like that scene. Me too. :D And as for that clue, you'll see...

Okay, to make a quick announcement: NE is going to be on a short delay. How long, not too sure. I need to study for finals and I want to focus a bit on this new parody fic I have in my head for a while (at least to flesh out the plot). XD That, and I"ll be busy helping out a friend of mine of this project she has been planning for quite some time. Will try to get Chapter Seven posted soon though, since I looked over it a couple of times already. ^^

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Okay, here is Chapter Seven! To tell you the truth, nothing much happen in this chapter except for the plot to slow down a bit and for the readers to get to know Jenny and Bunny better. Also, this chapter will explain why Bunny don't use contractions. XD

Thanks Hanako Tabris for betaing! And also, I kind of put a real life movie reference in here. Will give cookies to anyone who can find that reference. XD

Chapter Seven
Of Flights

It had been a while since Bunny was up in the air. The last time she was up that high was when she was on Sky in the Kanto region. Bunny loved how the wind blew her hair and how everyone - Pokémon and people - looked like ants down below. Despite all that, she shuddered. Tonight, she was being wanted and thoughts of jail kept haunting her mind. One look at the moon then had her thinking about something else.

What time is it?

Bunny glanced at her watch to check the time. Ten minutes until midnight. Her eyes grew big.

Wow…time flew by fast.

Thoughts about history came again. Bunny could not believe that time could make events into history. To know that subject is not only the knowledge of when an event took place but also how, who, why, and where. Everything had to be identified.

That was when she realized something: she did not where they were going. Bunny thought that it was unusual that she never asked that question to Jenny. Before she asked, Bunny sighed.

"Jenny…"

"Call me Ella," quirked Jenny with a smile. "I really like my middle name better than my real name. The name Jenny’s just so bland."

Both Balin and Bunny blinked, startled at what Jenny wanted to be called instead.

"Well, I think Jenny is a beautiful name," Bunny stuttered. She was not sure how Jenny would react.

Jenny laughed and then shook her head in amusement. "Again, Ella."

Bunny rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "Okay, Ella. Anyhow, do you know where we are going?"

Jenny answered, "We’re going to stay at the Pokémon Center in Canalave City for the night. Can’t use the one in Jubilife City, in case news already hit there. At least we’ll be far from Lucas and Timmy. Maybe over there we could brainstorm on my uncle’s little writing."

"Pokémon Center? We could be found over there!" Bunny objected.

"It’s fine, Bunny. Lucas and Timmy are still probably on their way to the museum right now and I assume they did not let the media know any new developments yet."

"What if I’m on the eleven o’clock news?"

Jenny scratched her chin, thinking it through. True, maybe before the two men went to the museum one of them called the media to tell them of the new developments. On the other hand, no one else was at the crime scene nor could she think of anyone that knew Bunny that would call the police, at least for the moment. Another feat was that Lucas and Timmy must check out the museum and make sure she was definitely kidnapped before calling the news.

Jenny grinned and then explained, "Don’t worry too much about it. I’m pretty sure you’re not on the news yet as it’ll take them a while for them to search the museum and then call the media."

Bunny’s mind suddenly clicked and remembered back to when they were inside the museum.

Center of Library, 2244

She then thought about what Jenny told her a few moments ago:

"Sorry, to tell you the truth, I got nothing. Maybe he wanted us to go there? If it is, maybe to hide there? No, libraries close in early evenings."

Hm…looks like Jenny got one part of the puzzle. The place has to be at the library. Wait…hide there…libraries close in early evenings.

Bunny started to connect that part Jenny said and the scene of the museum. She snapped her fingers when she figured the puzzle out.

Could it be that the criminal is hiding at a library? Of course! The death, the messages, it all comes together now!

"Hey, Ella, I think I know what that message is about. He wanted us to get the criminal!" she screamed with a grin.

Jenny turned her head slightly to face Bunny, her eyes wide open.

"Really?" she asked, her heart racing from surprise revelations. She wanted to actually slap herself, feeling stupid for not thinking that.

I should’ve know, me being a police officer!

Bunny took a deep breath and grinned. What she told Ella made her blood flow faster with each word she said.

"Just listen. It seems Ernest was able to enter the museum while it was closed and the security guard sleeping. Whoever was chasing him, he or she must know how he was able to enter it too. It is logical that Ernest locked the museum’s door for that person to not enter…but was able to enter anyhow. That was how during that time he was able to write those two messages. Not only that, an open door during closed hours would remain suspicious. Thus, I think that second message is to tell us where the criminal is hiding."

Jenny took a moment to digest all of that information in her mind. Yes, it all made sense. Her uncle was able to write those two messages because the doors were locked. The officer also noted how excited Bunny was when she told her of her assumptions that led them to trying to solve the second message, full of stimulation. She actually found it amusing to see Bunny be obsessive over something else besides history.

I should’ve known. Archeologists do know their stuff.

After she laughed softly, Jenny looked at Bunny with a huge smile.

"Hm…that does make sense here. You’re quite a detective, Buneary Girl," Jenny praised with a smile. "Don’t know why you decided to study history instead of police work!"

When Balin heard that, he laughed for quite a long time. His chest kept moving rapidly; he could not really control it. Despite the loudness of the laugh, Bunny did not pay attention. Her mind was too focused on that nickname and what the police officer said about why she studied history.

What? BUNEARY GIRL? Also, who does she think she is, asking me why I studied history?

Horror struck inside Bunny’s heart. She thought she heard it scream in distress.

"What did you call me?" Bunny asked slowly in a cold tone.

"’Buneary Girl.’ It suits you quite well. You act very cute sometimes," Jenny mused with a huge grin. "And also, sorry to say, but I’m not sure what you can do with history…besides archeology."

The horror struck even deeper in the woman’s heart. The word "cute" made her mind veil with anger. She thought she heard her body shatter into a thousand pieces.

"Do not ever call me that again, Ella," warned Bunny in an even colder tone. "Also, do not ever say that about history AGAIN."

Jenny's eyes got wide. She chuckled, finding it amusing that Bunny was angry over a name. Inspiration then bloomed; the officer wondered what would result if the little bunny got mad. Nothing could stop her from finding that out.

"How about ‘Shortstop’? ‘Shorty’? ‘Little Bunny’?"

Bunny just glared at her like a Gyarados ready to attack.

"NO."

Balin chuckled and shook his head. He knew Bunny was the kind of person that did not like to be called anything else but her name. She hated being called anything cute as she wanted to be taken seriously, not as some little girl in the way of important affairs. The Tropius roared in laughter, amused too of Bunny’s seriousness over names.

"All right, Bunny," said Jenny without any resistance or complaint. She sighed, her mind getting back to what Bunny said of her uncle’s writing. "There are two problems though. One, do you know which library; and two, how about that number 2244?"

Bunny’s eyes went wide and she too went deep in thought. Despite some bitterness towards Jenny, she admitted that she could be a help sometimes. Ernest did not mention which library. Soon her mind melted and became soaked with water.

"True. Now this brings up another question: Why did your uncle not specifically say which library?"

Jenny's right hand grabbed her Tropius’s neck while her left hand was on her chin. The officer was trying to figure out how to answer that question. She sighed heavily.

Thanks, Uncle Ernest, again for not giving me more information. One blunt clue could save Bunny here…

After much frustration fumed in her mind, only two assumptions came out of her mouth.

"The only thing I can say is maybe my uncle was so nervous, he wasn’t able to write either the library’s name…or the correct address. That’s what the number 2244 is, right? That, or he just wanted us to use our minds."

For a second, Bunny thought she and Balin would fall down. She was quite confused as to what Ella meant by that. Balin was confused too, having one eye slowly moving up. Tropius chuckled though, knowing exactly what Jenny meant by that.

"Excuse me?" Bunny just said after being speechless for a few seconds.

"Maybe he wants us to figure out which library to go to. My uncle always believed we should use our minds to figure out things and not say things straight out. If we get our answers in an instant, our minds won’t be active."

The grass-flying dinosaur grinned and nodded while both Bunny and Balin had their mouths open.

"Really?" said Bunny in utter shock. "If that second assumption were the case, then his common sense seems to be faltering."

Jenny laughed loudly before she replied to Bunny’s retort.

"Well, sometimes intelligent people have the worst common sense IQ."

Both of Bunny’s eyes went big and she breathed heavily. When Balin saw and heard that, he closed his eyes and covered his ears. Jenny, on the other hand, just smiled.

"What? I don’t mean all intelligent people. I’m pretty sure you have some common sense. Plus, I’m only kidding."

While the Tropius was laughing, Bunny just gave a huff-sound.

"Yeah, right," she muttered. The woman then began thinking about what Jenny said before she commented on intelligent people and common sense.

"…That’s what the number 2244 is, right? That, or he just wanted us to use our minds."

Bunny wanted to slap herself. She should have known earlier that 2244 was the street number of her favorite place in Canalave. She snapped her fingers and then gave out the biggest grin she ever did.

"Ella, 2244 is the street number of the Canalave Library. Ernest probably wanted us to go there."

Jenny grinned and then laughed out loud. Not only was she happy to have Bunny around, but she was also actually glad her uncle chose her.

I guess there’s one thing my uncle did right.

Jenny’s grin just got bigger when her eyes suddenly saw it. At first Bunny and Balin wondered why the officer smiled and then one look down told the whole story.

Below them was the Canalave Library. A few feet across the three-story wooden building, a fountain full of water splashed loudly. The polished green roof was covered in sleeping Pidgey and Starly. On the bottom of the roof, Bunny and her Pokémon could see the numbers 2244 on the right side of the building. Balin yelped happily, as if he won the Pokémon League Championship.

"We found the library!" Bunny cheered.

When Jenny took a glance at the library, she nodded and then leaned closer to her Pokémon’s ear.

"Okay, Tropius, dive down close to where that fountain is!"

The flying Pokémon roared and then dived down fast as a bullet. While Jenny screamed for joy, Balin and Bunny screamed in fright. Again, Bunny did not notice how tight she was holding her Ninetales. The fox Pokémon began making coughing noises. True, even though she had been in the air many times with Sky, the balloon Pokémon never went down that fast.

"Nine nine nine nine!" Balin screamed.

We are going to die! We are going to die! We are going to die!

Faster and faster the Tropius went down. The thought of them about to crash had Bunny close her eyes for impact.

We are going to die! We are going to die! We are going to die!

THUMP.

Bunny opened her eyes and saw Jenny, the Tropius, and Balin - the Pokémon still in her arms - laughing.

"Oh my gosh! You said ‘We are going to die!’ like a million times!"

Bunny’s cheeks had blushed a rosy red. She thought she said it in her mind, although she felt it screamed louder than usual.

Before Jenny spoke, she chuckled. "It’s all right, scaredy Delcatty. Come on, let’s see how we can enter the library."

Despite the fast speed of the police car, Timmy was still able to think about his bitterness inside his mind.

I can’t believe it. Bunny Spruce ran away from her crime. Not only here, but all other criminals are able to run away.

He hated it, hated it more than anything in the world. Thinking about how parents, grandparents, and friends still had not heard who killed their loved ones made his blood boil. Thinking about how every unsolved crime had a criminal taking a bath or eating at a five-star restaurant made his eyes flow with tears. In fact, he felt a single tear on his cheek, as Ernest’s death was one of those cases with the criminals getting away with it.

More tears flowed when Timmy started to think about Jenny. He feared for her safety. Who knows what was going on while Lucas and him were still trying to get to the museum. The only thing to do right now was to get there as soon as possible.

The sooner, the better.

His eyes then looked out the window. He could not wait until they made it to the museum.

If Bunny has any heart and sense left in her, she wouldn’t hurt Jenny.

Lucas glanced at Timmy for a second and felt his heart skip a beat. He knew what Timmy was thinking.

He really cares for Jenny.

Lucas knew his officers well. He knew their likes and dislikes, could tell which officers got along with whom and if there was something wrong with him or her. At this moment, he knew Jenny being in great danger was taking a toll on him. The only problem was he was not sure how to make this situation better.

"Don’t worry, Timmy. We’ll get Bunny," Lucas assured with a sad smile.

Timmy did not pay attention. He was still thinking up of a possible victory for them when they caught Bunny.

"Sky, still do not see any shadowed figures inside?" screamed Bunny.

"Drift!" the Drifblim said when he shook his head. After he sighed, he glanced at Bunny and screamed at her, "Blm blm blm!"

"I know, I am sorry to keep getting you out of your Pokéball. I might have to use you more in situations like this, though."

"Driffff!" the balloon Pokémon groaned. He then puffed in some air and made himself bigger.

"I am sorry, really!" Bunny said while waving her hands and closing her eyes. "As soon as I am not a wanted runaway anymore, then you and Balin can have a long rest."

Sky shook his head, letting out some air to turn back to his normal size, and then resumed checking the windows on the right side of the building one more time. Despite not getting any rest, he did not want anything to happen to Bunny either. Two times he had already checked all of the windows on that particular side, but he knew there could be a chance he forgot to glance at something.

While Bunny was back checking the windows, Jenny glared at her for a while. There was something about her that held the police officer’s interest. She thought it was probably because she never met a girl like Bunny. She was used to meeting girls that were into pop culture and boys while Bunny was more interested in history and problem-solving. What stood out most about Bunny though for her was the way she talked.

She seems to talk more formally than other people I know her age.

Being the officer she was born to be, Jenny smirked. Time to find out why.

"Hey, Bunny!"

"Yes," Bunny answered as soon as she turned around.

"I wonder, why don’t you use contractions whenever you talk?"

"Excuse me?" Bunny asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I keep hearing you say ‘do not’ instead of ‘don’t’. A little too formal, don’t you think?"

Bunny bit her lips and felt her right hand clench tightly. At first she wanted to scream and tell her to not ask about that again. Knowing the officer though, she would probably keep nagging about that as long as the two were together. She sighed and then shook her head, hating that she had to explain the reason behind her formal speech.

"If you must know, it is probably from my grandparents, when they baby-sat me whenever my father went to work. My grandfather was a history teacher and my grandmother did theater, but she liked history too. There would be times I would help her out with her lines and I had a lot of fun doing that. Another reason might be how I tend to think I am more mature than other people my age."

After Bunny went back to checking the windows, Jenny nodded and then chuckled. She thought Bunny’s reasoning was good, knowing from the many police cases she went through that sometimes children do get influenced by their relatives. Another thought struck inside her mind that made her grin.

Theater, huh? Maybe if this situation drags on, I’ll have some fun with her.

On the left side of the building, Balin rummaged through a few bushes and dug into a couple of spots. Nothing. After the Ninetales dug the third hole, he lay down on the ground.

"Nine…" cried Balin and then he shook his head.

While digging and rummaging, Balin thought he could find a hidden key or something else that could open the library. When he found nothing, he thought that this was a waste of time and could have used that time to sleep or eat a little snack. Eventually, a thought came to him. This one was maybe a little farfetched, but it was worth a shot. Wanting to try, the white fox got up and rushed to the front side of the building.

It was not long until the Ninetales came and saw the glassy doors with his own eyes. He frowned, not sure if he should open it. After debating with himself for a while, the Pokémon lifted his right front paw to push the door. Balin smiled when the door opened.

"NINETALES, NINETALES, TALES TALES!"

In less than a few seconds, Jenny, Sky, and Bunny came and saw the opening, all three with eyes wide open.

"So it was open all this time?" asked Bunny shakily.

"Tales!" Balin said with a nod.

"Either that criminal’s stupid or he tired to run away as fast as he could," said Jenny. She then chuckled and grinned.

Bunny rolled her eyes. "Come on, there is no time to waste!"

Not wanting to waste time, all four raced into the library with hope of ending this mess floating in their minds.

Pretty much I'm going to say is this is one of the big differences than from Da Vinci code. Okay, the book also has the two main characters talking to each other and getting to know each other too, but the big difference here is I'm letting Jenny and Bunny know each other right now. XD

Nothing else to say but I hope you guys enjoy this and Chapter Eight shall come during my spring break at least. Right now have to study.

Last edited:

duncan

Ehehe...didn't notice you had a new chapter up. XD Sorry about that. Seeing as the last chapter was picked so clean, I'll just work on the new one then. :)

Well well. Both chapters were good, but this latest one had a few more revelations than the last. The 2244 deal was also nicely done. But seriously. What with all the secrets? Why not just blurt everything out? XD JK

Bunny wanted to slap herself. She should have known earlier that 2244 was the street number of her favorite place in Canalave. She snapped her fingers and then gave out the biggest grin she ever did.

"Ella, 2244 is the street number of the Canalave Library. Ernest probably wanted us to go there."

DOH! Yeah, funny moment there.

Some Pidgey and Starly slept on the polished green roof.

This is a bit wrong, to be frank. ^^ It should go like "The polished green roof was covered in sleeping Pidgey and Starly." Or something like that. Make sure the order of the words go right.

"Sky, still do not see any shadowed figures inside?" screamed Bunny.

Missing word in there somewhere. DP, I'm sure will catch a lot more than I did.

Anyway, quite the developments coming down right now. I wonder what they'll find in the library...

Sorry for the short review, as well as the missed last chapter. But I'm caught up now, so no worries in the future. :D Keep it up.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Hm. An enjoyable read, though I have to say it was a little slow due to the lack of action. However, not every chapter can have action, something I definitely know very well, so it isn't a terribly big deal.

Do keep going.

DarkPersian479

Again, whatever appears in red should be deleted.
She chuckled, finding it amusing that Bunny was angry over a name.

Tropius chuckled though, knowing exactly what Jenny meant by that.
I've always heard that phrase used with "knowing" coming before "exactly."

The flying Pokémon roared and then dived down fast as a bullet.
Changing some awkward wording

The thought of them going to crash had Bunny close her eyes for impact.
Something irks me about the word "going" in there, as it doesn't flow IMO. I would suggest changing it to "about" but it's your call.

although she felt it screamed louder than usual.
I was a bit confused here. Is "it" referring to her mind?

Before Jenny spoke, she chuckled.

and if there was something was wrong with him or her.

Two times he had already checked all of the windows on that particular side, but he knew there could be a chance he forgot to glance at something.

My grandfather was a history teacher and my grandmother did theater, but she liked history too.
Tense agreement.

Another reason might be of how I tend to think I am more mature than other people my age."

"Come on, there is no time to waste!"

Well, what do you know, my very first guess was correct xP
Though I have a few guesses about 2244... could be an address, a time (22:44), a date (2/2/44), a combination for some sort of lock-box containing a clue...

A lot more was revealed this chapter, both about the plot and the characters. It also seemed as if there were more comedic moments too, like Bunny freaking out during the descent and the fact that the library was unlocked after quite a bit of time was spent trying to find a way in. But this was probably my favorite scene in the chapter:
"’Buneary Girl.’ It suits you quite well. You act very cute sometimes," Jenny mused with a huge grin. "And also, sorry to say, but I’m not sure what you can do with history…besides archeology."

The horror struck even deeper in the woman’s heart. The word "cute" made her mind veil with anger. She thought she heard her body shatter into a thousand pieces.

"Do not ever call me that again, Ella," warned Bunny in an even colder tone. "Also, do not ever say that about history AGAIN."

Jenny's eyes got wide. She chucked, finding it amusing that Bunny was angry over a name. Inspiration then bloomed; the officer wondered what would result if the little bunny got mad. Nothing could stop her from finding that out.

"How about ‘Shortstop’? ‘Shorty’? ‘Little Bunny’?"

Bunny just glared at her like a Gyarados ready to attack.

"NO."
I found this little exchange to be funny and... dare I say it... cute! I honestly thought this was the best scene in a fic that I've seen in a while, simply because how it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is a big deal to Bunny.

So now the action moves on to the library, where (hopefully) more clues should be discovered. But, in true Ernest fashion, I'm pretty sure the answers won't come easy. But, actually, I'm liking the "mystery" aspect of this fic most of all. It's the kind of thing that keeps you hooked, seeing what's going to be discovered next and what new directions those findings lead the characters.