• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nothing, Everything [PG-13]

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
duncan: Hehe, glad you caught up. ^^

Secrets? True, each characters does have secrets they would rather not tell. However, I'll say that the secrets won't be as twisted or controversial as the big one one of the characters has in "Da Vinci Code". XD

The Great Butler: Yeah, I know not much is happening, which is why I was on a stump with this chapter. However, I still think this chapter is very important as there were going some things mention on this chapter that will be important elements in this story later on. ;)

DarkPersian479: Best scene in a fic you read in a while? Hehe, thanks! Yeah, I really love that scene too. ^^ I'll say that I'm not that serious whenever someone calls me Little Bay (well, Bay is not my real name but you get the idea) XD. Also, that is kind of why I was hooked with "Da Vinci Code"--- it's codes after codes after codes after codes XD. Yeah, trying to at least make the readers hook onto this story. ^^

Again, thanks you three for the reviews! And oh, just last night I finished "The Da Vinci Code" again. Man, many things I forgot when I read it the first time. XD

Well, hope to have Chapter Eight posted in April, though I'll probably be busy trying to get some of "Destiny's Tricks" finished first. ^^;

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
"Hm…that does make sense here. You’re quite a detective, Buneary Girl," Jenny praised with a smile. "Don’t know why you decided to study history instead of police work!"

When Balin heard that, he laughed for quite a long time. His chest kept moving rapidly; he could not really control it. Despite the loudness of the laugh, Bunny did not pay attention. Her mind was too focused on that nickname and what the police officer said about why she studied history.

What? BUNEARY GIRL?

Heh, Bunny, that's an occupational hazard of having that name in the Pokémon universe (post-4th gen, anyway): sooner or later, someone was bound to call you something to do with Buneary. XD Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't the first time in her life that someone ever called her Buneary this or Buneary that. XD

"How about ‘Shortstop’? ‘Shorty’? ‘Little Bunny’?"

Bunny just glared at her like a Gyarados ready to attack.

"NO."

Bunny's reaction = gold. XD

The flying Pokémon roared and then dived down in bullet speed. While Jenny screamed for joy, Balin and Bunny screamed in fright. Again, Bunny did not notice how tight she was holding her Ninetales. The fox Pokémon began making coughing noises.

XD Poor Balin.

After he sighed, he glanced at Bunny and screamed at her, "Blm blm blm!"

Heh, I liked the noise Sky made there.

While digging and rummaging, Balin thought he could find a hidden key or something else that could open the library. When he found nothing, he thought that this was a waste of time and could have used that time to sleep or eat a little snack.

XD I loved that.

So yeah, I enjoyed that chapter, and especially its humorous moments. ^^

Last edited:

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Sike Saner: Haha, yeah that is bound to happen. And actually...
This won't be the first time Jenny will make fun of her name. XD

Also, glad you like Bunny's reaction and also the humorous parts in this story. I love doing comic reliefs. XD

And to everyone...it might be a while until Chapter Eight comes. Right now my beta is looking over it, but the thing is it's going to be long...fifteen pages. XD However, that chapter will be packed with characterization, action, and more developments. I hope this next chapter will be worth it, though. ^^;

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Hey guys! Well, here's the next chapter! There's a lot of new developments here so I hope you catch them! Also, thanks Astinus/Hanako Tabris for betaing! And lastly, will do the compare/contrast thing later...actually have to go to work right now. :X

Chapter Eight
History Books

SCREEECHHHHHH

The police car parked with a loud shriek. Both Timmy and Lucas got out and dashed off towards the museum door. Before they entered the museum though, the chief’s eye caught a ruined cell phone on the ground.

No…

The thought of harm being done to Jenny made his blood boil. He wanted to believe himself that everything was fine, but it was not. The broken cell phone said it all. Lucas clutched his fist, anger seeping inside his veins.

Justice will soon prevail.

After taking a few deep breaths and having a clearer mind, he turned around to look at Timmy, who was almost at the doors.

“Timmy, wait!”

Lucas motioned his hands at Timmy to follow him to a new direction. The two walked up slowly towards the broken cell phone. When they were very close to it, the chief picked up one of the pieces and stared at it while his arms were shaking. His heart thumped harder with each breath he took.

“Yeah, looks like Bunny damaged Jenny’s cell phone. Going to pick these pieces up just in case.”

Slowly, Lucas picked up the four broken pieces and put it inside the plastic bag. Soon he took a quick look at the pieces and then put the bag inside the pocket of his suit. While looking, Timmy bit his lip, trying not to make nervous sounds. Seeing those pieces broke his heart.

Hope nothing bad happens to her.

“Okay, let’s go inside.”

Before the two did anything, Timmy quickly reflected on his thoughts. It was very childish of him just pleading for Jenny’s safety. On the other hand, he knew praying would not help. There must be action.

Time to do this thing. Don’t worry Jenny, we’re coming to get you!

Timmy nodded and then the two went inside.

Darn it, second time I forgot to close the library door!

Mrs. Davis ran like she never ran before. She did not care if she was running with her nightgown on and a few sailors and Pokémon staring at her. All the librarian cared was hoping no one came inside the library.

Who am I kidding, not many people these days go to the library. Dang the new features of the PokéTech and the internet! That actually seems to be the only reason why people enter the library.

Her mind began thinking about Bunny, the only person she knew that came to the library to read the books inside there. Ever since Bunny graduated though, the two did not talk much. Mrs. Davis understood Bunny must have been busy with one of her many projects, so there was not much time for writing back to her. There were a few letters though that Mrs. Davis got from Bunny, explaining how fun her work was. Just only a couple months ago Bunny returned to her hometown of Canalave City and was already busy on her book on the evolutionary stones.

Poor girl, always want to succeed. Hope the stress doesn’t get to her.

Wanting to get this done as soon as possible, she ran faster.

Timmy looked around the first floor while Lucas looked around at the second floor. So far in the first floor the officer found no one. No Bunny, no Jenny. His mind went to wonder if maybe they could be up at the second floor, probably again inside the bathroom.

I just hope nothing happens to Jenny. Damn, Bunny Spruce!

When he suddenly heard a crunch sound, Timmy lifted his foot and realized he stepped on Jenny’s walkie talkie. He instantly bent down to pick the broken pieces up and then stared at it with sadness shown in his eyes. Anxiety dug deep inside his mind again, so his hands began shaking.

Oh no…please be okay, Jenny.

Back on the second floor, Lucas stopped for a second and checked to see if anyone was there. No one. One look at a statue of Suicune though made him grunt. He then glanced at another statue, this time of an elf-like Pokémon that had two tails with a star on top of each one. There was a red orb on its forehead and a huge crown on top of its head. On the bottom of the statue was an inscription.

Mesprit: Legendary Pokémon of Sinnoh
The Being of Emotion.
Teaches the nobility of sorrow, pain, and joy.

The man shook his head, found it ironic his emotion at the moment was of pain, more so of the burden this case weighted on his shoulders. His temper could flare up any second.

I’m beginning to lose my patience here. Funny how pain has some nobility.

After he laughed at that thought, he ran towards the bathroom. When he came inside, Lucas first scanned the place, but no one was there.

“Jenny? Bunny?”

No sound. Lucas concluded maybe they were hiding inside one of the bathroom stalls. He then went and kicked every door and each time his eyes went wide. As soon as he kicked the last door and there was no one, he gulped and then blinked out of anxiety.

Don’t tell me Bunny indeed ran away with Jenny!

He quickly ran out of the bathroom but then lost his footing after a few steps. It all happened so fast there was no time for reaction. His body slid through the floor and then his back hit the Mespirt statue. After pain erupted on both his back and shoulder, he moaned and then he shook his head, got up, and ran once again. Time was running out and that little trip delayed things.

Up on the wall of the second floor, the clock struck at twelve fifteen. The floor was only packed with shelves of books and long tables. For the last few minutes, Bunny, Jenny, Sky and Balin tried to look for the person who killed Ernest, but so far no one. That put Balin, Sky, and Bunny in a bad mood, the three kept grunting and walking slowly. Jenny tried her best to cheer everyone up, though.

“Come on, you three! I bet the criminal’s in the third floor,” Jenny chimed while the three were going up the stairs that led to the third and last floor. No one smiled, however.

“Are you sure, Ella?”

Jenny smiled and then replied, “Well, if you’ve been in the force like me, you’ll know that criminals will try to cover their tracks as much as possible. Besides, maybe by now, the criminal ran away.”

Bunny muttered some nervous sounds and covered her body with her arms. What worried her was the possibility that the criminal indeed covered his or her tracks very well and could strike her soon.

In less than a few seconds, all four were on the third floor of the library. Not much difference from the first and second floors except more tables.

“Okay, let’s split up and see if the murderer’s hiding anywhere.”

Balin, Sky, and Bunny nodded and then the four were off.

“Timmy!”

Trapped inside his thoughts for quite some time, Timmy soon turned around and saw Lucas touching his shoulder and making whimpered sounds while running quickly down the stairs. Surprised the chief already looked hurt, he was about to ask if Bunny did that, but Lucas spoke first.

“No Jenny or Bunny anywhere. Any luck on the first floor?”

The male officer shook his head and then answered the question. “Nope. All I found was broken pieces of the walkie talkie. How about your shoulder? If it’s not Bunny, then what happened? ”

“Slip and fall, that’s all. Okay, give me those broken pieces.”

When Lucas was close enough, Timmy gave the pieces to him. The chief was quiet for a while, inspecting the broken walkie talkie slowly and carefully. Anger ignited inside his veins once again. Timmy thought he saw the chief’s face slowly becoming red.

You’ll be paying for this, missy!

Not wanting his rage to overtake his mind again, Lucas took a deep breath and then had his mind focused on the broken walkie talkie.

“Looks like Bunny broke this the same way she broke the cell phone. Keep this for evidence, also.”

Lucas put the broken walkie talkie inside the plastic bag and put it in his pockets of his suit also. He then faced Timmy with a frown. When the officer saw that look, he sighed, saddened that no progress was made and instead things got worse.

We aren’t going to progress anywhere with this rate…

“Well, looks like there’s no other explanation than that Bunny kidnapped Jenny.”

Timmy felt his heart stop. Never before in his police career had he heard of an officer being kidnapped by a criminal. He hated to think what would happen to one of their own.

“Please say it isn’t true, Lucas,” Timmy said in a whisper. That was all he could say while that horrible realization was still fresh and new to him.

Lucas sighed and then said, “So sorry.” That sigh made the pain worse so he gave out a quick moan. Timmy was about to say something, but Lucas hushed him. “Also, again don’t worry. This pain will wear off soon. Okay, going to call the police station and a few media resources to let them know the situation. Stay right here. Maybe Bunny will come back.”

Lucas took off, not noticing that Timmy did not pay attention. Instead, the officer had one thought rewind over and over in his mind. Somehow he was again determined to find Jenny and make sure Bunny was properly punished.

If Bunny did anything to Jenny, I’m going to make sure payback will be made.

Yes, I see it!

Mrs. Davis’ eyes went wide when she saw the building. The woman squealed in joy while running. Her eyes were then closed, the waves splashed onto her face.

Almost there, almost there…

When Mrs. Davis opened them, the library was in front of her. While breathing very hard, her hand pushed the door handle and it opened slowly.

I guess my instincts are right. Better check out the whole place first or else someone might be trapped inside there.

Jenny looked through the History section and found no one hiding. There were times she thought maybe, just maybe, the criminal was behind her. Each time she turned around, no one.

However, there was one book that intrigued her. It was a skinny book and on its side was the title Carved in Silence: History of the Plates. Even though she was not into history, that title made her want to know more of those plates.

Hm…didn’t know something you eat your food from can be of any historic significance. Maybe a couple of them are painted or something. My uncle would love reading this, though.

She gasped and then thought her throat was on fire. Her heart now was having second thoughts about this little plan of hers. Jenny felt guilty of taking advantage of trying to find her uncle’s secrets after he was gone.

Am I really sinking low, trying to find out what he’s hiding from me right after he died? I could just try to save Bunny until I think of a way to convince Lucas and Timmy of Bunny’s innocence. This wouldn't have happened though if Ernest told me what’s going on in the first place!

The officer shook her head, not wanting to think about her uncle for now. There was a murderer on the loose. Out of curiosity, Jenny took the book out and was about to turn the page until she heard a scream.

“NINE!”

Instantly she hurried off while still holding the book.

While Jenny was at the History section, Bunny was at the Children section. She saw many thin books with titles like Pokémon Training Ethics for Children and Pokémon Fairy Tales. There was one red book that intrigued her, however. She took the book out from the book shelve and read the title in her mind.

Sinnoh Folk Stories. Hm…I think I read it before.

She opened the book and turned the first page. On that page there was a picture of a lot of water Pokémon under the sea. When she turned to the second page, there were the bones of what looked like a Wailord and on the bottom there was writing.

Pick clean the bones of Pokémon caught in the sea or stream.
Thank them for the meals they provide and pick their bones clean.
When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came.
The Pokémon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew.

Bunny gave out a reminisced sigh. She remembered as a very young girl how that book actually got her more interested in the species of Pokémon: how they battled, cared, and cried. That eventually led her to wanting to know more about Pokémon history, how the Pokémon acted a thousand years ago and how they acted today.

“NINE!”

Balin’s scream made Bunny jump up and drop the book. Her heart raced with antipication.

Oh my gosh, Balin might have found the murderer!

After picking up the book and putting it back in the book shelf, she scurried off.

Too bad Balin did not find the murderer. Instead, he was stuck under one of the tables. He thought he saw a shadowy figure under it, so he went under to check. One thing led to another, Balin became stuck, thanks to his nine thick tails.

Sky slowly came and then shook his head. Again, he believed only Balin would be in situations like this, though he knew the white fox meant well and not just doing that to be a clown.

When Bunny came and saw that, she sighed angrily, her hands on her hips and her foot tapping.

“Balin, how did you end up like this?”

No words came from the Nintetales. Instead, he growled softly.

“Fine, I will get you out. Sorry, but I have to pull you out by holding a few of your tails.”

Balin growled again, this time with a hint of anger and disbelief. He would not like it, but he knew it was his fault he was in this mess.

Bunny tightly grabbed four of Balin’s tails and pulled as hard as she could. She let out a few grunts whenever the pull was getting hard. Eventually, Balin was pulled out with both him and Bunny crashing on the floor.

A huge mistake.

Mrs. Davis just finished looking through the second floor. Like on the first floor, no one on the computers, no one reading. Again, she wished someone were in here reading. A part of her though made her afraid of someone dangerous hiding in the library.

Why am I hoping for someone to read past midnight when a possible criminal is hiding in the library!

…Wait, criminal?

She froze and then shuddered. Her mind thought back to the news of a few murderers that got away. Something told her one of them was using this place for hiding, at least for tonight.

I do hope no criminal is in there. Dang it, been watching too much news lately.

THUMP

That was when she heard a loud crash sound from the third floor. Mrs. Davis just stood there for a while, not sure if she should go inside or not. Her eyes kept blinking and her body was swaying left and right.

Should I go or not? I’m afraid maybe that person has a gun. Assuming this person’s a criminal, it’s better that he gets caught…even though it’s my fault in the first place to forget to lock the doors. I should find out first and then try to call. Besides, how often do criminals use libraries as hideouts?

Wanting to get through this, Mrs. Davis ran up the stairs.

When Jenny had stopped running, she saw both Bunny and Balin on the floor and Sky chuckling. She gasped and then raised her right eyebrow.

“What happened?”

Bunny did not answer until both her and Balin got up.

“Balin was stuck under one of the tables, so I pulled him out.”

When Jenny stared at Balin, he just laughed nervously. Luckily though, she just giggled and then petted his head in a caring matter.

“At least you’re okay,” Jenny whispered to Balin. The Pokémon did not listen though, enjoying the petting a little too much.

Bunny did not do anything except stare at the book Jenny had in her hand. A warm feeling went inside her when she saw the title.

Carved in Silence: History of the Plates. Plates? Have I heard of it before?

There were times when one word or sentence made someone scream with excitement but then his or her mind went blank, could not recall anything. That was what was happing to Bunny right now. The word “plates” had her mind click but at the same time blank.

I heard about those things before at my university.

Not wanting to get a heart attack because of one word, she decided she must have a look of that book.

“Ella, where did you get that book?” asked Bunny when she finally could speak.

“Huh?” Jenny replied. She took a quick glance of the book and then slapped her head. “Oh, that book! Got it at the history…”

Bunny instantly snatched the book before Jenny could finish her sentence. Eagerness for information was showing in her huge shinning eyes.

“You could’ve asked,” whispered Jenny bitterly. Laugher could be heard from both Sky and Balin.

Bunny was about to open the first page until she heard a scream, though not a mad one. It was more of a frightened one.

“Hello? Anyone there? I heard a crash and then laughter!”

All three gasped. Without thinking, Bunny put the book in her bag.

The footsteps became louder, indicating the assumed criminal was getting closer and closer.

“Hide!” Jenny told the three of them.

Everyone quickly went and hid under a table. When they lied down with their stomachs on the floor, they saw a shadowed figure with a flashlight. Bunny and Jenny covered their eyes with their hands while Balin and Sky just closed them.

“Hello?”

Bunny’s eyes went wide. That voice was very familiar to her. She could not help herself but scream her name in pure joy.

“Mrs. Davis!”

By the time Jenny covered her mouth, the light came to them and this time it stayed there for some time. Very brightly, it revealed Jenny, Bunny, Sky, and Balin.

“Balin, Sky, Bunny? What are you guys doing here? Also, why is an officer with you three?”

Bunny sighed. Even though she could not see her clearly (because of the flashlight), she knew by the tone of Mrs. Davis that voice she was very concerned of the situation. This was not going to be easy explaining everything to her.

“Yes, I want that info to be posted on your website right now! Oh, and you know how you got those Jubilife News Alert system? Post the info in there too during whatever program comes at twelve thirty in the morning!”

Click

As soon as Lucas put his cell phone inside his suit pocket, he grabbed a cigarette and a match from the other pocket. When the match lit up, it burst into a tiny flame that then later ignited the cigarette.

“Really need a smoke.”

He smoked the cigarette and puffed the smoke out every few seconds. This case was really becoming stressful for him. Usually he was a very patient person, but his anger almost got out of hand after the slip and fall from the second floor earlier. Whenever he felt very mad, he would go for a smoke. The chief thought he was able to handle his emotions better than Timmy, or at least bottle them up well.

Lucas was passionate towards his job, always wanted as many cases solved and finished as soon as possible. Like Timmy, he hated when criminals got away, although for a different reason. It was just his job.

He thought himself not a heartless man or anything. He just got used to a thousand cases of same murders, same injuries and same burglaries that it was a routine to him.

Many of the cases seemed to be not unique, not original. Kids being kidnapped by the parent they were separated from. Murders of people from their ex-loved ones. Hate crimes on people not considered “normal”.

Still, it was his job. A murder case was his assignment, and not finding the criminals meant he did not do his job well.

Will not have another case go unsolved.

His mind then thought back to the writing Ernest did. He felt there was some vital clue to that.

E: Check out the Lapras. First though, get Bunny Spruce.

He grinned, thought this part of the puzzle was now solved. The chief finally felt this case was now going somewhere.

Of course, couldn’t be any simpler!

After he finished smoking, he dropped the cigarette and then went inside the museum. Lucas screamed when he was inside the museum again, a hint of great determination in his tone. He chuckled when he saw Timmy suddenly stare at him with huge eyes and a tightly closed mouth.

“Come on, Timmy! Let’s go to that water route. Maybe some Lapras will be singing tonight!”

Bunny thought it would take forever, but she finally finished telling Ms. Davis everything that happened to her tonight. She felt Dustox in her stomach whenever the librarian showed faces of fear and amazement. To her astonishment, Mrs. Davis was glad Jenny helped her escape.

“Wow…so all of that really happened? I’m glad at least you guys are okay. Since this ‘murderer’ is not here, what’s your next plan?”

As much as they wished it were not true, it pained all four that the criminal was not in here. Balin, Sky, Jenny, and Bunny thought they were so close to the criminal, from what assumptions they had on the clues Ernest gave them. Probably their assumptions were wrong.

“We plan to stay at the Pokémon Center and brainstorm some locations,” Bunny finally said after a long moment of silence.

Jenny just nodded, but there was something else in her mind. Her only worry was that the police might be able to find them somehow before the morning sun rose. Part of her wanted to keep running until the criminal was found. She sighed in defeat.

Timmy’s right. Sometimes you just gotta take risks.

She knew they could not just run to any place mindlessly. It would be best to plan the locations so that they could be two, maybe even three steps ahead of Timmy and Lucas.

“Something confuses me, though,” Bunny continued after a pause. “I thought we would be able to find the criminal here. Obviously ‘Center of the Library’ and 2244 means here.”

Mrs. Davis nodded. “True. Maybe Ernest’s giving you guys a little treasure hunt of sorts. Since I knew him a bit, he loved those things. You should know that too, Jenny.”

Jenny suddenly felt pain deepened inside her heart. She too knew how much her uncle loved treasure hunts. It was one of many examples that proved of what she told Bunny about him earlier. Despite her mixed feelings about him, she did miss those treasure hunts when she was a child.

“Treasure hunt?” Bunny asked with her head tilted slightly. Both of her Pokémon were confused too, their eyes wide and then the two conversed about that to themselves.

“Bunny, your friend is right. It seems that my uncle’s doing this treasure hunt to help us find the criminal. When I was little, he would set up those treasure hunts and give me clues to solve whenever I came over to his place. In fact, those treasure hunts got me into wanting to be a police officer in the first place.”

Bunny did not like the sound of this, her hands beginning to shake. Even though she liked a good treasure hunt, now was not the time. The sooner she was not wanted anymore, the better. She shuddered, hating that now this situation would drag on.

Jenny sighed when she saw Bunny nervous about this. She too hated the fact the clues made things worse, not better.

Seriously uncle, why you have to make things longer than it is?

“Well, sorry Bunny, but I can’t call the police to prove your innocence as they might not listen to me."

Bunny just nodded, understanding.

“Good. Okay, just hope you guys have a good night. Sorry that you can’t find anything here. Maybe you read the clue wrong or something as I’m not sure what you can find here.”

Before Mrs. Davis was about to leave, Bunny glanced at a small blue book inside her bag. She gasped.

The book! I better give it back to her!

“Mrs. Davis, wait! That book I said earlier! I almost forgot to give it back to you!”

Mrs. Davis chuckled and then laughed.

“Knew you would never steal a book here, even if it’s your favorite book.”

Bunny quickly got the book and was about to give it to her but then tripped, which made everyone gasp. The book flew out of her hands and dropped. What was more intriguing was a small note floating down.

“A note?” asked Bunny with wide eyes.

Mrs. Davis did not look surprised but instead giggled. “There are times I see notes in the library books. Mostly love notes for some reason.”

Jenny’s eyes followed the note and then she grabbed it. The officer grinned after she finished reading it. Mrs. Davis came to read it and she too smiled.

“I can tell this is no love note,” Jenny mused.

Bunny slowly got up and then when she was close to the officer, Jenny let her see the note. The archaeologist gasped of what was written in it.

The Joys of History, When Time Heals the Wounds

Knowing that this was indeed a treasure hunt for the criminal, Bunny moaned.

Please, no more...

Bunny’s breaths became louder and faster and she felt her world turning upside down. Just when there was a possibility of the criminal inside the library, all they found was a note. She now wanted to smash something to vent her anger.

“Tell me this is a dream!” Bunny finally yelled after a long silence from everyone. Both Mrs. Davis and Jenny shook their heads. “This cannot happen! How many more clues is he giving us? I want out of this situation NOW!”

Even though before Jenny understood Bunny’s nervousness that was the breaking point. Her left eye kept twitching and she bit her lip hard. Jenny was beginning to be annoyed that the wanted woman could not think of anything else except a horrible life in prison. The officer sighed, not liking what she was about to do next.

This is the only way that’ll snap her out of this.

In swift motion, Jenny came close to Bunny and then slapped her. Everyone gasped in horror and had their eyes widen. Bunny first cried out in surprise and then glared at her.

“Why you did that?”

“Sorry, but you need to relax. Crying over this won’t get you out of this. If you don’t want to be a wanted person anymore, we must work together. I promise I won't let you go to jail for a crime you didn’t do, and I’ll make sure of that. Besides, we fooled both Lucas and Timmy this far. I think we’ll be able to still trick them a little while longer.” After Jenny finished, she winked.

Bunny gasped and then left her mouth open. It was true that nothing would be done if she kept complaining about it. Another thing Jenny was right about was that she should relax. Maybe then she would be able to react better that way. Still, part of her felt Lucas and Timmy would catch them sooner or later.

After Bunny was deep in her thoughts, the woman then shrieked and felt her chest move slightly up when she felt Mrs. Davis tapped her shoulder. The next thing she knew, the blue book was in her hands. She was about to protest, but Mrs. Davis hushed her.

“Keep it for now. I have a feeling you’ll need it later on.”

“But, Mrs. Davis…”

“Again, keep it for now,” she interrupted. Mrs. Davis then smiled. “This might be your only way to redeem yourself.”

Bunny could not help herself but stare at the book. Maybe this could be something important. How, she was not sure.

Jenny took a glance of that book and she had a feeling that might be a key to Bunny’s freedom too. Knowing her uncle, this was not the only clue he was leaving them. She checked back the paper and then sighed.

The joys of history, when time heals the wound. 89451. This better help Bunny someway.

“Well you two, good luck on finding the criminals. And Bunny, I’m one hundred percent sure you didn’t do it.”

After she waved to them, the two girls and the Pokémon said goodbye back. Bunny and Jenny then looked at the moon, both knew this would be a long night.

“Come on, Bunny. We’ll figure out that clue once we’re in the Pokémon Center.”

Bunny turned around and nodded. The sooner they solved the clue, the better.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Pretty much par for the course, I'd say. You still have some issues with phrasing and tense, but they seem to be fading gradually. The only other real issue is that the description is sometimes sparce.

Content-wise, though, this was another stellar chapter, so you're doing just fine.

DarkPersian479

When they were very close to it,

so there was not much time for writing back to her.

Wanting to get this done as soon as possible, she ran faster.
A bit of subject confusion, as she changes from thinking about Bunny to getting the library locked a bit abruptly.

this time of an elf-like Pokémon that had two tails with a star on top of each one.

That put Balin, Sky, and Bunny in a bad mood,

What worried her was of the possibility thatthe criminal indeed covered his or her tracks very well

Not wanting his rage to overtake his mind again,

When the officer saw that look, he sighed, saddened that no progress was made and instead things got worse.

“Well, looks like there’s no other explanation than that Bunny kidnapped Jenny.”

This would not have happened, though if Ernest told me what’s going on in the first place, however!
The "however" seems redundant, especially since "though" is used earlier in the sentence.

She took the book out from the book shelf and read the title in her mind.

Eagerness for information was showing in her huge shining eyes.

“You could’ve asked,” whispered Jenny bitterly.

The sooner she was not wanted anymore,

If you don’t want to be a wanted person anymore, we must work together. I promise I won't let you go to jail for a crime you didn’t do

The sooner they solved the clue, the better.

There were a few more awkwardly-phrased sentences, but I didn't think they were detracting enough to point out.

This chapter was pretty interesting, with both of the officers having nervous breakdowns and Mrs. Davis making a reappearance. It's noteworthy that while both officers are understandably angry with Bunny for what they *think* she did out of concern for Jenny, but Lucas also shows frustration at not doing his job properly.

Looks like Ernest is still playing his favorite mind games, and this time the clue is even more cryptic. Funny how he seemingly knew that Jenny would be attracted to the book on the Plates and stuck his note in there. Or perhaps he knew that Bunny would get her history-loving hands on it...
In swift motion, Jenny came close to Bunny and then slapped her. Everyone gasped in horror and had their eyes widen. Bunny first cried out in surprise and then glared at her.

“Why you did that?”

“Sorry, but you need to relax. Crying over this won’t get you out of this.
Much as I like Bunny, she needed that. Both she and Jenny need to have their head in the game if they want to unravel this mystery. Especially since this clue is even tougher than the last...

Now, 89451... I'm guessing this has to be some sort of combination for a lock or something since the number's too large to be an address or route number. 89451 is the area code for Incline Village, Nevada, though I think that's way off... "Where time heals the wound" could refer to the Dialga statue in Eterna, or the ruins in Celestic... Man, my brain hurts to come up with any more guesses. Guess I'll find out next chapter!

duncan

:) More clues? Never a dull moment, eh? XD

Well, like everyone has said, a good chapter overall. Plotwise, it was up there with the best. Still, though, some of your awkward sentences and character interactions were strange. Like this:

Bunny thought it would take forever, but she finally finished telling Ms. Davis everything that happened to her tonight. She felt Dustox in her stomach whenever the librarian showed faces of fear and amazement. To her astonishment, Mrs. Davis was glad Jenny helped her escape.

“Wow…so all of that really happened? I’m glad at least you guys are okay. Since this ‘murderer’ is not here, what’s your next plan?”

See, she seemed to believe this all too readily, even if Bunny is her favorite...visitor to the library? Things like this, though small, take away from the rest of the fic. However, as The Great Butler said, you are improving some with each chapter. Just keep that up, okay?

However, there was one book that intrigued her. It was a skinny book and on its side was the title Carved in Silence: History of the Plates. Even though she was not into history, that title made her want to know more of those plates.

Hm…didn’t know something you eat your food from can be of any historic significance. Maybe a couple of them are painted or something. My uncle would love reading this, though.

The Plates, hmm? I wonder how they'll be used in this. I feel sure that they'll play a bigger role in this than meets the eye so far, but how they will be used should be interesting.

Also, Bunny's reaction to the plates was funny. :)

“Fine, I will get you out. Sorry, but I have to pull you out by holding a few of your tails.”

Balin growled again, this time with a hint of anger and disbelief. He would not like it, but he knew it was his fault he was in this mess.

Bunny tightly grabbed four of Balin’s tails and pulled as hard as she could. She let out a few grunts whenever the pull was getting hard. Eventually, Balin was pulled out with both him and Bunny crashing on the floor.

XD Isn't it if you touch a Ninetales tail you get cursed for a thousand years or something?

Anyway, a good chapter. Concentrate on improving the realism of the characters (for hardened police men, I really didn't expect them to be so emotional, as well. Then again, they do think one of their friends has been kidnapped, so...) and working on some of these awkward sentences, and you should be good to go. Nice job.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
So, it appears as though the Plates might have some significant role to play in this story. By the way, I thought it was funny when Jenny thought that the book was referring to frelling dinner plates or something. XD

Speaking of things that might have some particular significance to the story, I wonder if the inscription on the Mesprit statue might contain something significant to the story like the one on the Suicune statue does. o.o

And now there's a new clue, one that mentions "history", "time", and... those five digits. It ought to be interesting to see what those things turn out to mean...

Oh, and I thought it was funny when Jenny and Bunny thought that Balin had found something serious, but it turned out that Balin had just done something klutzy again. XD

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Okay, quickly on the replies. Sorry if I didn't explain everything but I'm kind of pressed of time...

DarkPersian479: Area code for a city in Nevada? o_O Yeah, way off. :p About the book...

Yes, you're right on the part that Ernest will know Bunny will get her hand on it, which will actually go into more detailed in a later chapter. XD

Also, thanks again for betaing this chapter! ;)

Great Butler: I know, my grammar tends to be bad at times, but thanks for noticing that I've been trying my best to improve on that aspect. :) As for the concern of description, it's probably me trying to have the actions fast pace again, oy. I'll try to have it flow better though.

duncan: Glad you thought the scene with Bunny getting the book is funny. Me too. XD

You're right about Brenda accepting Bunny's story a little too fast. Maybe should have Brenda suddenly asking why Bunny would do such a thing. XD And about the officers...well, I do try to portray them both as really motivated to get through their cases and also at the same time care one another. Those officers I moreso protray them like the ones in the two novels "Mystic River" and "The Lovely Bones". I don't know, I guess I watched too many police action movies and it always shows the officers that are hard on the case and not too caring on something else. XD

Sike Saner: It could be a book about the art history of the plates. XD And of the Mespirt statue, yes it'll play a significant role, though that will be revealed later. ;)

Thanks everyone for the review of Chapter Eight! And to duncan and Sike on your concerns of the plates:

Yes, the plates will play a bigger role in this story, though it won't be revealed until a couple more chapters...

Okay everyone, now to Chapter Nine! Thanks to DarkPersian479 for betaing this chapter!

Chapter Nine
Circumstances

Inside the Pokémon Center, all was quiet. All the visitors, both Pokémon and trainers, slept on the furniture. Nurse Joy looked at the clock on the wall, the color faded with time. Twelve thirty in the morning. The pale skinned lady then started playing around with her pink hair, which was tied in two loops. Her eyes became heavy while she stared at the clean carpet floor.

Already many trainers are going to battle against Byron? I thought it would take them longer, unless they decided to take a different route.

She wanted to sleep now, but had to wait a half hour more until she could close the Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy felt she was not able to think properly and thought she would fall asleep any second.

I do hope no more people will enter the…

She said it too soon. The electronic door opened and a female police officer, a short brunette woman, a Drifblim, and a rather small Ninetales entered. Despite her eyes twitching and her fingers drumming on the desk loudly, she gave out a very huge smile.

“Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center. How may I help you?”

“Do you have a room for us to sleep for the night?” Bunny asked causally.

Nurse Joy shook her head and then said, “Sorry, no more rooms available. However, you guys can sleep on the furniture if you like. Here’s a good one.”

She pointed to a sofa next to a girl who had braided hair sleeping in a couch with her Starly.

Everyone smiled and then Bunny said, “Thank you.”

The four headed to the furniture and then Bunny put her bag down. A growling sound was soon heard that made Bunny and Balin jump up slightly. They turned around and saw Jenny. Bunny’s eyes closed and her cheeks blushed. Sky laughed, he loved how the two were scared of a growling sound.

“Hadn’t eaten in a while. Tonight was quite busy in the police station before this situation happened. I’m going to get myself something to eat.”

After Jenny left, Bunny and Balin shook their heads and then the archeologist opened her bag. An idea hit her head.

“I might have something for her. Usually the Pokémon Center’s foods are no good,” mused Bunny with a smile. “Maybe something for you too.”

“Nine!” cheered Ninetales in agreement. Sky chuckled, as he knew how much his friend loved food.

Bunny kept rummaging through the bag and saw some papers and pens, but no snacks yet. Her eyes then went wide when she found something that was not hers. She took out a thin blue book, looked at it and gasped.

I cannot believe Mrs. Davis would let me keep this.

Bunny still felt unusual having this book without it being checked out. What was more unusual was why there was a note and what Carved in Silence had to do with finding her murderer. Her head then became dizzy from thinking too much.

Jenny is right, probably I should relax. This is stressing me out as it is.

Wanting to have her mind out of this situation for a while, she began reading. Balin barked, urging her to get back to finding the snacks. Bunny did not listen though; she was too immersed in reading the book. Sky then talked to Balin to tell him to let her just read it. Balin answered back with a grunt.

The Pokémon Center Café was a little area with some seats, a refrigerator area that had a see through glass door, and a deli corner, which was closed for the night. Jenny went closer to the refrigerator door and saw that there were a lot of sandwiches, yogurts, drinks, and salad. She opened the door to grab a tuna salad sandwich and munched on it. After a few tastes, her eyes lit up in happiness.

Oh my gosh, so good!

While eating, her eyes noticed a large computer across from her. Not only there was a monitor and a keyboard but also a portable on both sides. Jenny’s eyes went wide as she thought of something.

That’s the PC system. The police station has those to retrieve kidnapped Pokémon from far away. I also know items can be stored inside there. Uncle Ernest probably stored the next clue in a PC, most likely the criminal’s hiding place. That could explain the reason for the numbers on that note. Why would he store it in there? Also, why the other clues?

Suddenly for the first time she felt some pity for him, understanding somewhat of her uncle’s situation. Ernest probably knew he did not have much time left, so he used another way of communication. Jenny also thought maybe Ernest wanted to relive the past. She felt a surge of pain inside, her hand clenching the left side of her chest.

Looks like he wanted to make one last treasure hunt for me before he died.

Soon Jenny had another thought, more so on that message he left for her and Bunny. It was as if the thought that this could be her last treasure hunt made her want to finish it off. The officer stared at the nurse and her eyes went wide.

Wait, could the whole first line mean a Nurse Joy? The joys of history, when time heals the wound. Yes, of course! The next clue meant right here, in the Pokémon Center!

A warm feeling touched her heart. It felt good to her that she managed to solve this piece of the puzzle.

Hm…I think I know now what’s the deal with that third message. Also, whatever is inside that PC could be used to prove Bunny’s innocence.

When Jenny hit that revelation, she threw away her half-eaten sandwich in the trashcan and then ran to Bunny, Sky, and Balin.

“Hey, that’s wasting food!” Nurse Joy yelled when she saw that.

Inside a dimly lit bedroom, a gray haired man with a few wrinkles on his face and hands was watching a documentary. While the narrator was speaking, there was a scene showing a ruined temple surrounded by a forest, a lake surrounding both. The man then turned around when he heard a door opening and saw a woman with a Misdreavus coming inside.

“Hey, Brenda,” said the man in a tired tone.

“Hello, Thomas,” said the woman back. “How’s work at your newspaper place?”

“Slow. Nothing really newsworthy yet.”

“I think there’ll be one soon,” she assured with a small smile. “So, what are you watching?”

“A really good documentary about Uxie, Mespirt, and Azelf.”

“Those pixies?”

Thomas nodded. Curious about those three Pokémon, both Brenda and her Misdreavus had their eyes glued to the television screen, which still showed that temple.

“Many documents found suggested that Mespirt once slept in Lake Verity. Archeologist Ernest Norrison explains."

Thomas’ right brow rose up. “Wait, I think I heard that name before…”

Brenda stared at her husband with one of her eyes wide, but then shrugged and went back to watching the documentary.

“There is actually proof that Mesprit once lived there. If you go visit and see the Unown carvings on it, there’s an explanation on how its spirit would leave its body while it slept on the bottom of the lake. No Mesprit is found, but some documents past and present have accounts of the legendary coming to some people and teaching them about emotion, thus it was dubbed The Being of Emotion.”

Thomas gasped, finally recalling who Ernest was. “Now I remember! I watched the news earlier tonight that reported on his death.”

Brenda suddenly felt that same feeling she had back at The Lost Tower. She thought she could not breathe, her breaths becoming deeper. Her Misdreavus too felt the same thing, the Pokémon making loud noises. Thomas looked at both at them as if they forgot to breathe.

“Hey, are you guys okay?”

After taking a few more breaths, Brenda sighed. “It’s just that a couple hours ago I felt a weird feeling and then the Pokémon at the Lost Tower said there’s going to be disaster coming soon. Now I’m feeling the same thing after hearing you say Mr. Norrison just died tonight. Maybe that’s the reason.”

Thomas laughed out loud at that explanation, believing it to be nonsense. His wife and the Pokémon glared at him with squinted eyes.

“Why are you laughing?” asked Brenda.

“Sorry, but it seems you’ve been hanging out with Misdreavus too long. I love you and all, sweetie, but I don’t believe in ghosts or demons. You’re probably going to say Ernest told you that doom is upon us.”

Misdreavus hissed at Thomas for that comment. No angry reaction from the man, just a chuckle. Brenda was about to open her mouth to protest, but decided to just grunt. She knew she and her husband always argued whether ghosts do exist and the debate would never stop. As she watched Ernest Norrison still talking about Mespirt, she still felt his death must have been the cause of her strange feeling.

I can just feel it.

Balin and Sky lied down on Bunny’s lap while she read the introduction to the book.

There is speculation that the plates have Unown text on them, telling of the beginning history of Sinnoh. They are rumored to be Sinnoh’s first writings. However, for some reason those texts are not recorded. Maybe before it had been, but it seemed those records perish with time. However, the history of how the plates come and go are from journals, old newspapers clippings, and interviews that range from the top professors and archeologists to the distant relatives whose ancestors had discovered those plates.

Let’s trace the history of these plates that throughout history have been carved in silence. It will be a tale of greed, obsession, and power.

The introduction already blew Bunny away. Her heart pumped faster and she smiled widely. Bunny was about to turn to the next page until Jenny yelled out her name.

“Bunny! I think I know where the next message is!”

Bunny turned around saw Jenny running towards her. She stared at the officer with wide eyes. Her mind raced in both excitement and anxiety.

“Wait, you do?”

As soon as Jenny sat on the sofa, Sky and Balin slowly woke up from their nap and glared at Jenny with sleepy eyes.

Jenny nodded and answered, “Ah ha. You also won’t believe where.”

Back at her desk, Nurse Joy used her fingers to drum on the desk. Her eyes checked the clock again. Ten minutes until one o’ clock.

Ugh, the last ten minutes are always the longest.

To pass the time, Nurse Joy turned on the radio to listen to some music. A male’s voice was soon heard.

“All right and that’s the Crazy Crobats’ ‘Pokemon Love Potion Number Three’. Oh, for those of you Noctowl out there, I got some important breaking news. The Jubilife Police called for a Sinnoh region wide search for Bunny Spruce. The description of her is she has curly brown hair, five feet two, weight about one hundred and fifteen pounds, and wears a blue furry turtleneck and baggy jeans. She also has a Ninetales with her at all times.

“She’s accused of the killing of famous Pokemon archeologist Ernest Norrison and the kidnapping of Jubilife Police’s own Officer Jenny ‘Ella’ Emblem. The police ask that you call 1-800-555-2334 if you have seen them or any leads of their whereabouts."

“Bunny?” asked Nurse Joy to herself.

In an instant, she saw a woman in a blue furry turtleneck and baggy pants with a Ninetales. Not only that, the brunette woman also had a Drifblim. All three were behind Jenny. Nurse Joy raised her eyebrow.

It can’t be. Those two got along pretty good. It doesn’t look like that woman is having her as a hostage.

When the four were close to the PC system though and the woman was talking to Jenny, that was when Nurse Joy gasped.

Looks like this Bunny gal wants Jenny to get her something.

Without hesitation, she dialed the number to the Jubilife Police Station.

On Route 218, there was a long bridge that drivers could use to go from Jubilife City to Canalave City. The best part was a sea for them to glance at and be swept by its beauty. Chief Lucas drove the police car at a high rate of speed. He badly wanted to get to that city as quickly as possible.

“There must be some Lapras on this route. Need to park the car in the city first, though.”

Timmy just stared at the sea. The waves became bigger, fortunately not too big. A couple of Lumineon and Goldeen jumped out of the sea and then fell down back inside with a small splash. The male officer smiled. He thought those fish Pokémon were very pretty. A sigh then came from his mouth when he got back to reality.

I hope we’re not too late.

At that moment, inside the police car a male officer’s voice boomed from the radio .

“Officer Timmy, Chief Lucas! This is Officer Richard speaking!”

Instantly, Lucas picked up the little microphone.

“This is Chief Lucas. What’s the matter?”

“Well, we just got a call from Nurse Joy of Canalave City Pokémon Center and that Bunny Spruce is in there with Officer Jenny as a hostage.”

Lucas gasped while Timmy squeaked.

“Hostage?” Timmy shuttered to Lucas.

Lucas was about to say something but instead smiled. He now thought they had the advantage.

“Thank you, Officer Richard. We’re on our way.”

The chief turned off the microphone and his foot stomped on the gas pedal harder then before. The police car raced faster.

CANALAVE CITY POKEMON CENTER PC SYSTEM

Please put in your name and password before continuing.

Name:
Password:

Bunny, Sky, Balin, and Jenny stared at the screen for some time while the cursor kept blinking. Nothing had been done yet to the PC as realization hit them that another clue would soon be solved.

“So…I guess what your uncle meant by that long line is Nurse Joy and this Pokémon Center, right?” Bunny said with a smile. “Quite clever to use that line to describe this place, am I right?”

“Yep, I admit,” Jenny agreed with a smirk. “Well, I guess we should get started, huh?”

After everyone nodded, Jenny sighed and first typed in the name Ernest Norrison. Jenny then typed in the numbers, but slowly.

Eight.

Balin’s eyes went wide with anticipation.

Nine.

Jenny felt her arms shaking. She continued typing slowly though.

Four.

Bunny held her breath. Her whole body began to tremble.

Five.

Sky wanted to scream in anticipation, but kept it to himself.

One.

Jenny held her breathe and then touched the button ENTER.

Xatu looked at the time. One o’ clock in the morning. For a while, the flying Pokémon stared at Jacob. He sensed his trainer was very troubled from the event that happened not too long ago. The Pokémon wanted to do something to make him feel better, but could not think of anything right now.

All of a sudden, Xatu wanted to go back to the crime scene, but then shook his head. That could erupt into a scene if the police were to be there. Soon they would want to track him down. In addition, what if Jacob got up and noticed his Pokémon was gone? The Xatu’s heart ached when he thought of that idea. He hated to see Jacob being distressed over his missing Pokémon when he had a lot on his mind already.

The bird Pokémon’s eyes gazed at his trainer again. He thought he heard very soft whimpers from Jacob.

“Xatu,” the Pokémon whispered, his head down in sadness. Still, the Xatu heard whimpers from Jacob.

All of a sudden, a sound of sirens made the psychic type screech and Jacob fall down.

“Attu?” the bird Pokémon asked when he came close to his trainer.

Before Jacob said anything, he rubbed his head and smiled at his Pokémon.

“I’m fine, thank you. Now, what could that be?”

He ran to open the curtains and saw a police car parked close at the Pokémon Center. That already had Jacob’s breaths getting deeper and heart racing with anxiety.

What? How they know I’m here? Unless…

He closed the curtains and turned to the Xatu, his eyes burning.

“Ernest probably wrote this location somewhere back at the museum. We better go now!”

Xatu nodded and his body began glowing purple, but Jacob shook his head. The bird Pokémon stopped glowing and then whined in protest.

“No, not here. From the looks of it, they want to surprise me with an arrest. Need to check myself first and also it’ll be safer. Don’t really want to look suspicious.”

Understanding the situation, the Xatu nodded again and then the two left the room.

Thank you. You can now proceed to one of the following options:​

Everyone sighed in relief and then Jenny touched the button KEY ITEMS. Everyone leaned closer to see the list and there was only one listed.

NOTE

Would like to receive this item?

Jenny pushed the YES button and the bottom part of the right portable began emitting electric shocks. Everyone took a few steps backwards for safety. As soon as a note was revealed and the lightning stopped, Jenny grabbed it and turned around to give Bunny a grin, which she returned with a smile.

“The sooner, the better,” Bunny simply said.

Jenny nodded and was about to unfold it until an all too familiar male voice was heard.

“Hello, Bunny.”

Not thinking, Jenny put the paper in her uniform pocket and then turned around. In front of her, Bunny, Sky, and Balin were Nurse Joy, Timmy, and Lucas. Her eyes took a quick glance at the archeologist and her Pokémon, all three with fear painted on their faces.

Shoot…don’t tell me Nurse Joy called them, she prayed to herself while sweat touched her cheeks very hotly. She did not know that Bunny was thinking the same thing.

She was always weak when it came to fear. Bunny could not believe what was happening. Thoughts again of going to jail made matters worse. Her eyes kept blinking and her feet could not stop shaking. For a second she thought she lost her voice. However, there was a hint of hatred towards that nurse in her eyes,.

Fabled to be the sweetest person in the world. Sweeter than cake, very false.

“Thanks, Nurse Joy for the call,” said Lucas and then winked at the nurse. He later turned to face Timmy and soon pointed his finger at Bunny. “All right, get her!”

Timmy got the cuffs out of his pocket and then in the blink of an eye they were in Bunny’s hands and behind her back.

“Excuse me, but I did not do anything!”

“Oh, you really done it. First murder and now kidnapping our own police officer? You’re going to jail big time,” Timmy said.

Bunny did nothing but left her mouth open wide, too speechless to talk

Jenny did not pay attention to Balin’s barking nor Sky’s puffs, her mind been washed from failure. Now the two got her and there was nothing she could do…

Or maybe I can, Jenny thought with a grin.

“You have the right to remain silent,” Timmy said to Bunny. He was about to take her to the police car until…

“POWER GEM!”

Well, pretty much one of the big differences from the previous chapter and this chapter from "Da Vinci Code" is Bunny and Jenny traveled a couple more places to get their first clues while the characters in the novel pretty much went to one place to get their first clues.

...I know, doesn't really make much sense unless you guys read "Da Vinci Code". XD

Well, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Expect the tenth one to come out either in late May or early June, which will have a lot more new developments in it. ^^

duncan

Ah, yes I've got to say good new chapter. I found a few faults with it, but nothing too major.

All the visitors, both Pokémon and trainers, slept on the furniture.

As opposed to what, exactly? The floor? XD

That’s the PC system. The police station has those to retrieve kidnapped Pokémon from far away. I also know items can be stored inside there. Uncle Ernest probably stored the next clue in a PC, most likely the criminal’s hiding place. That could explain the reason for the numbers on that note. Why would he store it in there? Also, why the other clues?

I'll repeat what I said earlier. This wasn't very realistic, IMO. It was more of a list of her main thoughts than what she was actually thinking. Something to work on, I'd say.

“A really good documentary about Uxie, Mespirt, and Azelf.”

Bunny did nothing but left her mouth open wide, too speechless to talk.

O_O I found things DP missed? :)

All of a sudden, Xatu wanted to go back to the crime scene, but then shook his head.

This was a very good example of show, don't tell. Yes, you told us what Xatu did. But it would have looked and sounded so much nicer if you would have explained, or showed, it instead.

I do apologize for the harsh review, but, with this being such a good fic, I really dislike it not being as good as it could be, you know? Don't get me wrong, you are improving. Which is the only reason I feel I can really show you the nuts and bolts of the various problems you have, you know?

At any rate, quite a good chapter and cliffhanger you left us at. What are they getting themselves into now, I wonder?

DarkPersian479

Well, at least I got the part about the number being a code right... Interesting interpretation of the PC system, btw.

And I was interested to see what Ernest's note said, but of COURSE Nurse Joy has to call in the cops... Can't really blame her; she only knew the side of the story where Bunny was a fugitive, and even so, she had her doubts about it:
It can’t be. Those two got along pretty good. It doesn’t look like that woman is having her as a hostage.

And what about Jacob. He left his room but did he somehow slip out during the chaos of Bunny's arrest or is he hiding somewhere until the fuzz leaves? Or did you plan to reveal all that in the next chapter?

In any event, nice cliffhanger. Bunny's in custody and then suddenly, a Power Gem comes out of nowhere! Will that be distraction enough to get Bunny out of there? Will Lucas and Timmy suspect that Jenny's an accomplice? When will I stop asking these questions?

And...
duncan said:
O_O I found things DP missed?
Um... I blame it on my cataracts xD
(No, seriously, I had to have cataract surgery last year on one eye, and the other may need it soon as well)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
duncan: It's okay. Seriously, I too would like to make this fic really good. XD At the moment I'm slowly trying to fix the show, don't tell description and also on the character's thoughts. :)

The Great Butler:Well, Part One of this story is coming to a close soon, just a couple more chapters before we go on to Part Two. :D

Also, thanks! I don't know why, but I thought it would be cool if this chapter ends with a not very used attack, so I thought maybe use Power Gem! ^^

DarkPersian479: Thanks for liking my interpretation of the PC system. One of the things needed in the Pokemon world! :D And yeah, blame Jenny! :X

Glad you like the cliffhanger. ^^ Also, most of your questions you probably found out already since you're now the official beta for this story. ;)

Thanks everyone for the reviews! :D

Now, I want to say something. I'm going to make a few big announcements pertaining to this fic when Chapter Ten gets posted. What kind of announcements? Wait and find out. ;)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Woah, this is like the fastest update yet! XD There's a reason for that though: my beta DarkPersian479's internet access will be limited for a couple of months. So I'll say sorry in advance that Chapter 11 won't be updated that fast. ^^; All right, the chapter and then the big announcements.

Thanks again to DarkPersian479 for betaing this chapter!

Chapter Ten
Sky High Battle

After Jacob and the bird Pokémon got out of Harbor Inn, they ran and then stopped after a good distance. They quickly glanced at their surroundings to make sure the coast was clear. The Xatu stared at the man, waiting for him to answer if it would be all right to use Teleport. Jacob nodded and smiled.

“Yes, I think so. Okay, Teleport us to…”

He was interrupted when he saw a bright light shining at the Pokémon Center. Both Jacob and his Xatu stared with wide eyes.

“What’s that?”

A storm of silver gems hit Timmy’s arm and made Nurse Joy and Lucas cover their eyes with their hands. All three cried out in pain. When that attack happened, Bunny closed her eyes, but none of the gems hit her. As soon as the attack ended, she opened them and saw a Pokémon she had never seen before.

Despite her four tiny wings, the bee Pokémon still looked very menacing. The Vespiquen’s red eyes and two sharp teeth made Bunny’s eyes open wide. One look at the glowing ruby on her head instantly let Bunny know how the Power Gem attack was produced.

After staring at the Pokémon, she saw Jenny, Sky, and Balin smiling. Bunny grinned back at Jenny. Her grin became bigger when she saw the angry faces of Nurse Joy, Lucas, and Timmy, all three had a shade of red on their faces. Bunny could not help but crack a smile when she saw Timmy’s veins on the bottom part of his forehead almost popped out and his right eye blinking rapidly.

Seeing Jenny using her Vespiquen told the whole story. Timmy first thought Jenny was kidnapped when it was not the case. Already he felt all his rage towards Jenny, anger poisoning his mind.

Doesn’t she know it’s wrong to help a criminal?

“Jenny…don’t tell me it’s ALL A HOAX!”

Lucas sighed and shook his head. He thought the same thing, but he knew better than to suddenly scream. Not only that, he was the type of person that gave things a chance.

“Timmy, calm down. Let Jenny give her explanation…”

Timmy did not listen. He continued screaming at Jenny. Jenny just stared at him, waiting for him to finish.

“DON’T YOU KNOW YOU’LL BE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE FOR THIS?”

Timmy’s scream woke up everyone in the Pokémon Center, as they came to see what was all the commotion. The same or similar questions flew though the room as rapid as an Agility attack. Despite his huge yell and many curious eyes staring at the scene, Jenny beamed.

“I told you that Bunny Spruce’s innocent. Now, let’s be reasonable about this.”

Timmy slapped his face. Despite him having an attraction towards Jenny, his mind was focused on what the woman did. He now hated her for saying that to him.

There’s no use explaining to that woman. I guess there’s only one thing to do.

Timmy grabbed Bunny’s cuffed arms again, which made her yelp. Balin this time growled to himself but had tiny flames forming inside his throat. Seeing that, Sky began talking to him, asking him not to resort to violence yet. Balin stopped growling and grunted. Jenny gasped while the crowd began muttering to each other about what was happening so far.

.“Timmy! Please, can we talk?”

“Let me go! I did not do anything! Jenny actually has proof! Jenny, show her that paper!”

Jenny nodded and was about to take out the paper from her pocket until she heard Timmy speak again.

“What’s unreasonable is that you’re helping a criminal and attacking your very own force!”

When Timmy was about to leave with Bunny, Jenny glared at Timmy with her eyes burning with rage. She turned to Lucas, who just frowned at her.

“Sorry Jenny, but you have to be in question too for helping Bunny. The consequences for that will be explained too.”

The chief sighed. He was shocked at Jenny for helping a criminal too. Unlike Timmy, Lucas’s feelings was different. Seeing Jenny’s wide eyes almost made him actually want to forgive her, but he lowered his head down.

“Nothing can express how much I’m disappointed in you. Never thought a great officer like you would pull this kind of stunt.”

Jenny bit her lip. She hated it when Lucas became disappointed with her. She did not like it when she did something wrong that led people to hate her. The officer knew she did not have much time to redeem herself and she had to do it quickly.

“Look chief, I seriously have evidence that Bunny’s innocent. Wait, I have it…”

“Jenny,” Lucas interrupted in a harsher tone. “The evidence points to Bunny It even says to find her. Isn’t it obvious, Jenny? Bunny Spruce murdered Ernest Norrison. Come on, let’s get back to the police station. “

Lucas grabbed Jenny’s hand tightly and then the two were following Timmy and Bunny. At first Jenny was speechless and thought she would not be able to get out of Lucas’ grip. There was no more enthusiasm from her left, she felt weak all of a sudden. However, she then smiled.

All they care about is getting the criminals as soon as possible. Me too, but I know I won’t be that narrow minded. I guess I‘ve got no other choice…

Jenny turned to her Vespiquen and nodded. The bee Pokémon nodded back and quickly flew off. In less then a second, she grabbed Bunny’s arm and the two instantly went outside.

“What the?” asked Lucas, not realizing he had let go of Jenny. “Let’s go get them!”

“Balin, Sky, distract them!” commanded Jenny.

Sky chuckled and then puffed out black smoke; the Haze attack soon made the officers and Nurse Joy not able to see anything and complain about it. It was then Balin’s turn so he spit out three violet flaming orbs. The Will-o-Wisp attack smashed down on the tiled floor and even more smoke burst out. Balin, Sky, and Jenny took the opportunity to run outside.

When the three came out, they saw both Bunny and the bee Pokémon turned around.

“Now what?” Bunny asked quickly while taking deep breaths. Her eyes went wide when she glanced at the smoke coming out from the building.

Jenny took out Vespiquen’s pokéball and returned her. With not a second to lose, she instantly took out her Tropius’ pokéball and he emerged.

“We don’t have much time! Return Sky now!”

Back at the Pokémon Center, the smoke cleared out to reveal a brown owl Pokémon flapping his wings.

“Noctowl, owl!” the Noctowl hooted.

“Great job there, Eisen!” Timmy said happily. He turned to Lucas and said to him, “Let’s go right now!”

Lucas nodded and the two dashed out towards the Pokémon Center door.

“But where are we going?” Bunny asked loudly while stomping her foot.

“Worry about that later! Let’s go now that we have the chance!”

Bunny’s body and hands shook. She was never used to people screaming at her like that. She nodded, knowing the officer was right.

After Bunny returned Sky, she grabbed Balin and all three climbed on the Tropius’ back once again. Jenny patted her Pokémon’s back before she screamed, “Okay Tropius, let’s take off again!”

The grass Pokémon nodded and its leafy wings burst up. After the wings flapped a few times, he took off again. Once up high, he gave the loudest roar he ever emitted.

After they saw that bright light, Jacob and the Xatu just stared at the building as if they expected more lights to come. The fireworks show was just getting started, though. They then saw two women and a Ninetales take off on the back of a Tropius that just recently roared. Soon, two officers came out.

He titled his head while still watching the Tropius and his passengers flying up high. One of the girls and the Ninetales were what got Jacob’s mind scattered in utter confusion.

Bunny?

Why would she be running away from the police? Also, why the Pokemon Center? Maybe the police aren’t looking for him after all? Those questions kept repeating inside Jacob’s head.

“Xatu!”

His Pokémon’s scream gave him little time to try to come up with answers to his questions and instead made him turn around. The people from the Pokémon Center began to flee the building. Suddenly, Jacob nodded when he saw them.

Probably someone will tell me what happened.

As Jacob ran towards the people, Xatu followed behind.

Lucas took the driver’s seat, quickly started the car, and took off in a hurry. He knew he might need to order his Noctowl to perform some attacks later on. Timmy popped his head out of the window.

“Okay Eisen, get ready to attack, got it?”

“Owl!” the Noctowl exclaimed happily. Eisen then flew up high and screamed his battle cry. “NOCTOWWWWLLLL!”

Timmy just chuckled when he heard that and then let the cool breeze kiss his face.

On the passenger’s side, Lucas’ hands started shaking and he frowned. His head felt foggy and cold. The chief was worried for both Jenny and Timmy, afraid that their argument might get this case nowhere. Not only that, he was afraid Jenny and Bunny might get hurt.

“Are you sure battling is the way, Timmy?”

“Of course! Come on, you too would probably use force if things don’t go your way, right?”

One of Lucas’ eyes twitched. “Only in dire situations!”

“And this is a dire situation! Jenny won’t agree to bring Bunny back! She even used her own Pokémon to get that woman from us! Come on chief, we tried to reason with her peacefully, but it didn’t work.”

Lucas gasped and then sighed. He was at first uncomfortable with Timmy battling against Jenny, but at the end he knew that was the only thing they could do. Because of how Jenny was the one that started attacking them in the first place, it seemed fair.

Not wanting to have conflicts about this, Lucas then thought about how Jenny helped Bunny. He was disappointed with Jenny, but like before still stood in favor of giving her a chance for a say on this.

Hope she’ll come peacefully with us in the end, despite what we’ll do next.

After he nodded, he answered, “Okay, maybe you got something there. However, be careful, all right?”

“Don’t worry, I will. The battle will only be of Pokémon versus Pokémon. Hope that will make Jenny surrender.”

The Tropius flew with ease, despite three passengers on his back. Bunny still took deep breaths. She still could not believe Jenny took a risk to save her in front of her peers.

“You are now going to lose your job!” Bunny said with concern.

Jenny giggled and answered, “Like I said, I’ll be able to go to another police station easily from one of my relatives. Nice of you to worry about me, though.”

When Balin chuckled, Bunny glared at him angrily. The Ninetales stopped as soon as he saw her and then gulped.

“Anyways,” Jenny continued, “I think we should hide at Oreburgh City for a little bit. Maybe then we can plan other hiding places and possibly brainstorm who could be my uncle’s murderer.”

As the breeze touched Bunny’s face, she began thinking. For the first time tonight, she was beginning to have fun. Again, Bunny could not believe they got away once again and felt excitement shaking her mind.

She grinned and then cheered, “Yes, we tricked them again!”

At first Jenny’s eyes went wide, but then she laughed after she realized what Bunny meant by that.

“Told ya so,” Jenny said with a smirk.

Balin barked joyfully while Jenny giggled. Bunny continued to show her happiness by screaming in delight and punching her hands up in the air.

It was short lived, though.

There was a hissing noise, as if an invisible force slashed at the sky.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

“Tropiusssss!” the Pokémon roared out in pain.

All three turned to look at Tropius and there was a cut on the top part of his front leg.

“Now, who did that?” asked Bunny while her body and hands began shaking.

One scream answered that question.

“NOTCOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!”

The two women and two Pokémon turned around and saw a Noctowl close behind them. Their bodies shook and hearts drummed quickly when they saw the bird Pokémon’s childlike smile.

“Good work, Noctowl!” screamed a male’s voice.

Bunny, Balin, the Tropius, and Jenny looked down and saw Timmy’s head out of the police car.

“Timmy? Now what, you’re battling us?” Jenny screamed, her right hand curled tightly into a ball and her breaths becoming deeper.

“Yes, since it seems you’re actually helping the criminal. Now please, bring her back!”

“Criminal? For the last time, she’s innocent! If you want proof, Ernest actually called me…”

“To tell you Bunny is the murderer!” Timmy interrupted.

“Told you so,” Jenny whispered to Bunny. The wanted woman nodded and shook her head. She could not believe it either.

“Look, all of this can be forgotten if you just turn her in! If not, then it’s a battle!”

Bunny had a weird feeling that Jenny would turn her in, but she was not sure why. She bit her lip, not wanting to make whining noises. Bunny felt that the policewoman’s half-closed eyes and frown spoke for itself.

“Please, Ella. Do not turn me in,” Bunny whispered while shaking her head.

Jenny just smiled and winked.

“Then battle!” she screamed.

Balin cheered and wagged his nine tails while Bunny grinned. This battle could get interesting.

On the grassy area of route 218, the crowd, including Jacob and his Xatu, stopped there to watch the battle. This was one police chase scene no one wanted to miss.

“This is going to be good!” said a chubby man in hiker clothes.

“How will it end?” a skinny red haired girl asked.

“I bet that the police will catch them!” a tall man in pajamas said.

Jacob just sighed while the other people in the crowd chattered. They cared more about who would be winning then what if someone got hurt. All he worried about now was what injures would result from the battle.

I hope Bunny will be okay.

His mind suddenly went back to the question as to how Bunny was accused of murdering Ernest. He looked around and tapped his finger at a skinny man in a robe.

“Excuse me, but what’s going on?”

“I’m not sure, but this woman named Bunny’s accused of murdering Ernest Norrison.”

Jacob’s eyes grew big and he held his breath. That was the last thing he wanted to hear.

Bunny? Why she would be accused of murder?

If it were true that Bunny was accused of murder, he for sure knew then someone framed her. More information was needed.

“Do you know anything else?”

The sleepy man shook his head. “Sorry, that’s all I know.”

Jacob sighed, disappointed there was nothing else he could find on that case. He looked up at the sky and shook his head.

That should’ve been me.

He grunted and put his head down in shame. Whatever caused the police to catch Bunny, Jacob knew they were looking for the wrong person. It would be the right thing to turn himself him and tell the policemen the truth. However, he did not want to.

My reputation will be ruined. I won’t be taken seriously. I still want to save Bunny, though. There must be a way…

When he glanced at the sky again, he sighed, heartbroken on what to do.

Timmy gave out a sly smile, believing this battle would be good.

“Okay Eisen, let’s start out with Psychic!”

The owl Pokémon’s eyes glowed blue and soon a rainbow beam was heading towards them. Before Jenny ordered an attack, the Tropius’ wings blazed white and he used them as a shield. When the attack hit the wings, it just bounced back.

“Good thinking, Tropius,” said Jenny proudly. When he heard that, the grass Pokémon roared in triumph.

Eisen snorted. He had thought the attack would make a critical hit. Timmy clutched his teeth before he decided on another attack.

“Supersonic!”

“NOCTTTOOWWWLLLLOOWWWLLLLL!”

Sounds waves were emitted from that screech. It instantly went through Tropius’ ears, so he closed his eyes tightly. His passengers did the same, but Bunny and Jenny also covered their ears.

OWWWLLLLOOWWWLLLLL

“Too loud!” Bunny yelled, trying to make her voice louder than that screech.

OWWWLLLLOOWWWLLLLL

The Tropius really could not take it. Each second of that screech was worse than before. He felt as if the sound went through his heart and cut it piece by piece.

OWWWLLLLOOWWWLLLLL

Balin felt like crying, but he bit his lip. The noise was too much for him.

OWWWLLLLOOWWWLLLLL

Jenny could not think of an attack to call. Like Balin, the noise overtook her mind.

OWWWLLLLOOWWWLLLLL

Despite the loud noise, and covering his ears in the process, Timmy smiled. He got them where he wanted.

“Okay, now go for Aerial Ace!”

The sound waves were fading, but the battle went on. Eisen screamed, as if it could make him stronger, and flew rapidly. His head then rammed into the Tropius, which made the dual grass-flying type roar in pain. Bunny and Jenny held tight, and luckily no one fell. Laughter from the Noctowl could be heard.

After a couple of seconds to think, Jenny smiled and got an idea.

“Tropius, hit Eisen hard with Energy Ball!”

The Tropius roared, and then a green shiny ball came out from his mouth. The Energy Ball attack soon hit the Noctowl squarely on the chest. When he saw that, the grass type snorted in accomplishment and smiled.

“Nice work!” Jenny cheered. She heard both Bunny and Balin cheering too. “Now, let’s go with Leaf Storm!”

The Tropius cried in triumph and he flapped his wings. Soon hundreds of bright leaves burst out and turned into a twister. The Leaf Storm attack was about to hit the Noctowl. However, he just stood there and smiled.

That is odd…Bunny thought to herself. That Noctowl’s not doing anything right now, unless he is waiting for the moment to strike.

Back inside the car, Lucas managed to see the battle. He shook his head and then sighed, not liking where the battle was going.

I only hope no one gets seriously hurt.

Timmy gritted his teeth. He needed to think of something or else Jenny would be able to call out more attacks. At that moment, he snapped his fingers.

“Eisen, Double Team!”

Ten copies of the Pokémon appeared. When Eisen screamed, it was louder then before because now there were ten of him.

“NOCTOWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL!”

Everyone‘s eyes widened at the same time. They knew that Double Team could be effective in situations like these. The Leaf Storm attack sliced at all of them, but no sound of pain coming from the real Noctowl yet.

What happens next all four should have known. The real Noctowl, who look like he was actually burning, instantly got out of the leafy storm, the burned leafs falling gently into the sea. Because the Tropius did not expect this to happen, he was not able to protect himself when the owl Pokémon slammed him right on his neck. The Tropius felt burnt marks on that spot.

“Tropiussss!” the Pokémon roared out in pain. He felt dizzy now, his head swaying left and right.

Because of the power of the attack, Bunny lost her grip on her Ninetales and then she fell down on the grass type.

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!”

Balin’s jaws dropped and then he yelped. Already fires burned inside his eyes. He then craned his head and then huge flames were let out. Before the attack got to Eisen, he flapped his wings and then the flames went back to Tropius. The grass-flying type though turned away from the flames and then shot a glare at Balin. The Ninetales ignored the Pokemon, instead gritted his teeth and stared at Eisen.

The Noctowl, on the other hand, took very deep breaths, thanks to both his Brave Bird and Gust attack being used back to back.

“That’s the way to fight!” Timmy praised to his Pokémon.

Despite being quite hurt, Eisen gave a small smile.

At first Jenny was not paying attention to anything, her head too shaken up from Eisen’s attack. However, her eyes went wide when she heard a scream and saw Bunny falling.

“Bunny! Tropius, dived down and save Bunny!”

The Tropius roared and then dived down to catch up with Bunny.

Time seemed to slow down for Bunny. She just stared at the stars and the moon. Her heart began beating faster and faster.

Why me?

Bunny never thought she would be in this kind of trouble. She hated how one little misconception could led her to her death. If she instantly ceased to exist, she would not be able to find out more of history’s mysteries.

I am not ready to embrace death yet.

After she took one deep breathe, all seem invertible. That is, until she felt a huge thump Bunny’s eye’s shot wide open and she saw she was back on the Tropius and also Jenny grinning at her.

“This isn’t over yet.”

The archeologist was at first speechless and her eyes wide with confusion. However, she then chuckled and began thinking of how the battle went so far.

Bunny had to hand it to the two Pokémon. Both could endure strong attacks pretty well and both were smart battlers. She wished she were a skilled enough trainer to have her Pokémon battle on their own in very crucial situations. Her mind was interrupted when she noted the Noctowl’s deep breathing. She knew this was a perfect opportunity to attack.

“Jenny, you better think of an attack while you still have a chance! Looks like the Noctowl hit a backlash from its last attack!” Bunny said urgently.

Jenny nodded and then she smirked.

“Tropius, trap Eisen with Grass Knot!”

After he shook his head to concentrate better, skinny leafy vines exploded out from the leafy part of his neck and tied up the tired Noctowl.

“Owl?” Eisen asked with a raised eyebrow. He turned around and saw his opponent smiling.

“Yes, that should hold him!” Jenny exclaimed. Behind her, both Balin and Bunny cheered.

Back at the moving police car, Timmy slammed his hand on the inside of the police door while Lucas just sighed.

“You should do better then that, Timmy. Before you know it, she will be able to disappear with that criminal!”

Timmy’s forehead moved up and down a few times. He began scratching his chin. If no attack were called upon soon, Jenny’s Pokemon would be able to use another attack.

Sometimes preparations and training paid off in the long run. The Noctowl had turned his head halfway upside down and moments later he smiled when he thought of an attack to use.

Eisen’s wings glowed white, like how his opponent’s wings did a few moments ago. With all the strength he could muster, the bird Pokemon struggled to get out. Both Bunny and Jenny gasped when they saw that.

“Tropius, Sweet Scent, quick!” Jenny said after that attack first came to her mind. She hoped the attack would make Timmy’s Pokémon stop struggling to get out.

The Tropius shook his head and pink powder came out. Before it managed to get to the Noctowl’s nose though, the bird Pokémon came out from the vines and flapped his wings rapidly. Everyone closed their eyes while the Gust attack was picking up When the Sweet Scent came to them, it went to everyone’s noses except for Tropius, who managed to not smell the scent. The grass Pokémon quickly turned around to see the faces of Balin, Jenny, and Bunny in a dreamlike state.

“Oh…very pretty stars!” Bunny said.

“So this is how night looks like. It’s too dark!”

Balin, meanwhile, was singing.

“Nine nine nine! Nine nine nine! Nine nine nine na nine.”

“Oh, that’s good!” said Timmy, slapping a few times on the outside of the police car door. “Okay Eisen, hit the Pokémon hard one more time!”

The Tropius sighed. He could not believe that his Sweet Scent could be that powerful. Too concerned for the beings on him, he did not notice the Noctowl flying towards him, wings not glowing very bright this time. His jaws dropped, very surprised at the owl’s speed. The bird’s body was engulfed in flames once again. Again, the Tropius was not able to protect himself when the bird slammed into his right side.

Unlike last time, this one was dead-on and made the Tropius lose his balance. He roared in pain, the flames from the attack blazed on his right side. Soon enough, he was falling down, taking his passengers with him. Not long after, he lost consciousness.

Inside the police car, both Timmy and Lucas cheered very loudly. Victory was in their minds for a little while.

“Now that’s how to battle! Great job…” Timmy paused when he saw both Pokémon falling down. However, his mind was more focused on Jenny and Bunny, both still saying whimsical nonsense and not knowing what was going on.

“Timmy, get your Pokémon now!” commanded Lucas when he saw the same thing. “And while you’re at it, tell Jenny to wake her Tropius up!”

Timmy nodded. This has to be done fast or else disaster would befall the five of them.

“Eisen, return!” Timmy said in an urgent tone.

The officer quickly grabbed Eisen’s pokéball and then a red beam touched the owl Pokémon’s chest, which made him turn red and return safely back to his pokeball. Now another matter to handle was Jenny.

“Jenny! Please, try to wake up your Tropius and then have him land you guys on safe ground!”

Timmy bit his lip. He clenched one of his hands and felt hot sweat flow down on his cheeks. Gosh, I so hope her mind snaps back to reality.

There were different reactions from the crowd. Some cheered, wanting to see the big splash. Others gasped, worried that they would get hurt. Some screamed and covered their eyes, not wanting to see this.

Jacob could not breathe. He was worried that they would be hurt or maybe even killed. An idea then struck inside his mind on how to save them. The only problem was the crowd.

I can’t let them see me using Xatu. I better hide.

The man then turned around to face his Xatu and then used his hands to motion him to come closer.

“Xatu, I want you to teleport us back to our house,” Jacob whispered when Xatu came close to his face. “However, not now. We need to get away to safer ground. I know where we can hide.”

Both Jacob and Xatu dashed off with no one noticing.

Down, down, down they went.

What was more ironic was that it shook the three’s minds back to reality.

“Huh…what happened?” Jenny asked while her eyes blinked rapidly. Soon, she stopped blinking and saw the sea in front of her. She gasped and she yelped. “Don’t tell me we’re going to crash down!”

Balin nodded while Bunny said nothing. In just a few seconds, she was going to her watery grave. This time, it was appropriate for her to be very scared.

“WE ARE GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

“Come on, Tropius! Try to regain flight!” Jenny commanded while shaking the Tropius’ head. Nothing. He was still unconscious.

The three screamed, knowing that a big splash was about to happen. Bunny closed her eyes, already preparing for what would happen. In less then a couple seconds, just a few feet away from the water, she suddenly felt a warm feeling inside her, as if her body temperature rose.

It was a huge and loud splash. Water flew up for a few seconds and then sunk back down. Both Timmy and Lucas had their mouths wide open.

Looks like Jenny did not listen to me. Couldn’t blame her, Timmy thought.

He wished she had, though. All he wanted was to have Jenny get some sense into her and realize what she did was wrong and not what a police officer would do.

That battle turned to a different direction.

Timmy thought the battle would eventually make his friend surrender and have Bunny arrested. A failure, it was, and with disastrous results. He gripped the nothingness around him harder.

My fault, my damn fault. Bunny’s dead. Jenny’s dead.

When the police car got out of the bridge, Lucas parked it at a grassy area and then he and Timmy got out. When the officer looked at his boss, he could tell by his eyebrows and eyes he was not happy.

“Why a battle again?” Lucas asked in a cold tone.

Timmy was about to answer until something caught both his and Lucas’ eye.

A bright purple-black light burst from the sea. For a few seconds it shined more brightly then the moon. There was even a very tiny hymn to it. But not long after, the little show was over. For the next few minutes, both officers’ jaws dropped.

What Bunny felt last time was a warm feeling deep inside her body. For a second she thought she was going to be burned, as that feeling became hotter by the second. Even when Bunny felt water rushing on her, she still felt flames all around her body. In less then a couple of seconds later though, she did not feel water on her anymore.

Ugh…I really need an aspirin.

Slowly, she opened her eyes. At first her vision became blurry and wet, just able to see the colors gold and brown mixed together.

“Glad you’re all right, Bunny.”

Excuse me? Where am I?

Wanting to know where she was and the person greeting her, Bunny rubbed her eyes and saw a man wearing a black jazz-like hat and a business like suit. All over his face were wrinkles and his light blue eyes were absorbing to see. Bunny just could not believe her eyes.

“ Professor Alexison? What are you doing here?”

Another big difference between "Da Vinci Code" and "Nothing, Everything." :D Besides the Pokemon battle, I have the officers find the main characters while the officers in "Da Vinci Code" almost got the main characters but not yet.

Hope you guys like both the battle and the little twist at the end. Sorry if the battle is a bit rusty but I'm still learning how to write battles after that Sacrifice One Shot contest. ^^;

Okay, for the big announcements. For the past couple of weeks I've been really revising the ending of Part One and most of Part Two of "Nothing, Everything" after thinking about your guys' reviews and also maybe a couple last minute changes I want to make. Pretty much what happened is I actually shed a few chapters, including the interlude I originally plan to put but then decided to put a few parts on Chapter Twelve. After I figure out most of the changes I'm going to do with the latter parts of this story then on the first page I'll edit the first page with Part One only having tweleve chapters and also will reveal the names of the last chapters (hoping they won't be that much of spoilers :D).

Untl next time, see ya!

Last edited:

duncan

Yet another good chapter. Not a whole lot to say on this one, but it was good nonetheless. Like you said, you seemed a little rusty writing the battle, but it wasn't all that bad from where I was sitting. And has it really been more than a week since the last chapter? Feels like a day or two to me. XD

Something that surprised me (well...maybe surprise isn't the right word) was how the police officers reacted (all of them). I would have thought that Jenny would have been able to explain everything to them, even if they were brought in. That way they would have full police support (provided she could convince them). But...then it wouldn't be much of a story, would it?

On the grassy area of route 218, the crowd, including Jacob and his Xatu, stopped there to watch the battle.

Stopped there implies that they stopped at a specific place, and from someone POV. Might want to fix that.

Both Jacob and Xatu dashed off with no one noticing.

Erm...how could someone not notice a Xatu dashing off somewhere? I mean...how does a Xatu run anyway? XD

The end was also a pretty good ending (as good ends should end. ;)), I think. I think the next chapter better have a lot of explaining. XD Good job.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I don't know why, but something just didn't work for me this time. It wasn't the battle... and the chapter wasn't bad... maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it this time.

The only guess I have is that it always bothers me in movies when someone you know is right is trying to explain that and they're not listened to...

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
duncan: Glad you liked the ending. :D Don't worry, there's going to be a lot of explaining next chapter. XD

As for the reaction of the officers, I guess they reacted a little too fast, but at the same time they already think that first clue Ernest wrote meant Bunny murdered him. That, and actually usually officers won't tolerate with their peers going against them. Yesh, police work is serious business. XD;

The Great Butler: I know this chapter doesn't really have too much worthwhile stuff (although there are a couple of things I really like about it).

The only guess I have is that it always bothers me in movies when someone you know is right is trying to explain that and they're not listened to...

Urgh, I guess the way I used it is kind of cliche. ^^; Well like I said before to duncan, pretty much the two officers have their hearts set on Bunny.

Well, thanks you two anyways for the reviews. I hope next chapter though will be more worthwhile. ^^

EDIT: Okay, got a bit of a problem here. I'm looking though both Chapters 11 and 12, but I'm thinking of putting the two together because I feel they connect together and also kind of want Part One to be done with (me being a bit busy with other things and all). On the other hand, Chapter 11 is eleven pages and Chapter 12 is twelve pages, making both together in the twenty three-twenty four pages range. That, and actually both chapters are in different days. So...you guys think I should just smash the two chapters together and get Part One done and over with or it's better to just leave it like that?

Last edited:

DarkPersian479

Somehow your "chapter with cops who unfairly arrest an innocent person and are too stubborn to take a look at the clues" coincides with my chapter about the same. Except yours (Timmy in particular) are especially stubborn - he wouldn't even let Jenny show him Ernest's note. It's the classic "guilty until proven innocent" thing...

About the airborne battle - It was an interesting concept, but somehow I felt something was... missing. First, I'm wondering how two fully grown women and a Ninetales could have remained on Tropius' back for as long as they did, considering all the sudden movements made during the battle. Perhaps it's me looking too closely at the laws of physics... Secondly, why didn't Balin jump in the fray, perhaps blowing a nice Flamethrower into Eisen's face to help in the getaway.

Nice save by Jacob though; however I still wish he would confess, particularly if he cares about Bunny's safety as much as he claims. Surely it's nothing more than stubborn pride (as indicated by his "reputation" excuse). And it is a nice lead-in to the next part of this mystery...

EDIT: As your beta, I would advise keeping the chapters separate. Makes things easier on me with my limited access and all. Even with regular internet, long chapters = not fun:/

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Somehow your "chapter with cops who unfairly arrest an innocent person and are too stubborn to take a look at the clues" coincides with my chapter about the same. Except yours (Timmy in particular) are especially stubborn - he wouldn't even let Jenny show him Ernest's note. It's the classic "guilty until proven innocent" thing...

Yeah, they're really stubborn like that. It's not a good night for them. XD

About the airborne battle - It was an interesting concept, but somehow I felt something was... missing. First, I'm wondering how two fully grown women and a Ninetales could have remained on Tropius' back for as long as they did, considering all the sudden movements made during the battle. Perhaps it's me looking too closely at the laws of physics... Secondly, why didn't Balin jump in the fray, perhaps blowing a nice Flamethrower into Eisen's face to help in the getaway.

I already told you this before but you actually inspired me to do a bit of a rewrite of this chapter. Urgh, wished I thought though these things first before writing this chapter. >.>

Nice save by Jacob though; however I still wish he would confess, particularly if he cares about Bunny's safety as much as he claims. Surely it's nothing more than stubborn pride (as indicated by his "reputation" excuse). And it is a nice lead-in to the next part of this mystery...

This is kind of a spoiler, but I'll say Jacob and his reputation excuse will be a big factor in this story...

Again, thanks for the review! ^^

Okay, well I'll say there will be a lot of stuff on the Chapter 11 update:

-Chapter 11 (of course!)
-A bit of rewrite of Chapter 10
-A new banner (if it'll pass in the Sig Check Thread ^^; )

Expect the next chapter probably in late May, since this week I'll be busy with quizzes, midterms, and a major change. o_O See ya!