• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 10: Let's Go to the World of Pocket Monsters with Marie Iitoyo! A Thorough Rundown of the Anime

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
They're literally using Pokemon Go terminology like "raid battles".

Lugia is pretty much in a raid battle with all those trainers.

That Using Pokemon go terminology thing worries me. Pokemon Go is a good thing and all but the way it has slowly been transitioning into the mainline games and the anime is very worrying.

The success of Pokemon Go was always going to have effect on the entire franchise so might as well accept that fact now.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Well if anyone wants to watch it. The official pokemon channel posted it.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well, you can try solving their two example riddles.

wnCMyVb.png

eSx1bJ4.png

Yeah i just saw that lol. Stupid me didn't realise since it's JAPANESE word anagrams I'll obviously not be able to enjoy them. Wonder what the English segments will be, continuing the who's that Pokemon or something different this time around

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I’m just glad Gou seems pretty bubbly in himself and also I noticed Satoshi was wearing one of his Alola shirts so spiritually carrying over from S&M. I really dig Hibanny being kind of a jerk versus being cutesy and generic. I’m looking for to Gou and his little bunny-rabbit a little bit more now and Satoshi’s evolution from champion to globe-trotter and his sense of wanderlust.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The fun thing about this special is hearing Rica and Unsho's early days as their characters. You could see how they were still getting the handle of their characters.

Anyway, the series is looking great!

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
The special "Road to Kalos" also shown Ash's friends. However, old companions don't appear in XY (except Cilan in the last special).

So, I guess it doesn't need to mean anything.

That's unfortunate to hear... So only the previews matters in that presentation?

IkeBayern

So, what's the point of showing Ash's friends from previous series? Are they having guest appearances in this series?

I don’t think it means anything apart from a simple throwback to previous series and nostalgia

I personally believe that as the series goes on and we get into the deep end of episodes that Ash’s friends (at least Brock and Misty) will have some relevance in this anime

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It just aired. Lots of clips.
They're literally using Pokemon Go terminology like "raid battles".
The new ending theme is being made by Masuda.
The new series will feature a riddle segment created by famous riddle expert and Oha Suta host Ryogo Matsumaru.

I think that's it for interesting tidbits we learned.
Ain't Max Raid Battles a thing in SWSH though? Or was there more than just that particular phrase in the special?

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The only theme from SWSH i heard in the preview was Battle! Wild Pokémon.
and i wouldnt be surprised Koharu's Yamper is female.

Konja7

Ain't Max Raid Battles a thing in SWSH though? Or was there more than just that particular phrase in the special?

Max Raid Battles in SWSH is a group of 4 trainers against a Dynamax Pokemon.

The Raid Battle in the anime seems to be many trainers against one powerful (Legendary) Pokemon. This seems closer to the concept of Raid Battle in Go.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ash & Gou easily have the best way of meeting each other (well, reuniting).

I love Scorbunny already. Jealous for attention but still close to its Trainer with foot high fives.

Konja7

Ash & Gou easily have the best way of meeting each other (well, reuniting).

I love Scorbunny already. Jealous for attention but still close to its Trainer with foot high fives.

In fact, I think this is the first time Ash and Go meet each other (it seems Ash doesn't go to Oak's camp at the end).

I also really like Scorbunny.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash looking concerned about Lugia, I hope this means he remembers his adventures in the orange islands. HA People in Kanto are still surprised about a talking Meowth, been a while since we've seen a reaction like that towards Meowth. Course Go is a newbie trainer so. I hope they don't dum down Ash just to be equal to Go, I mean come on you have a kid who's travel the world and seen all kinds of legendary Pokemon. That new girl, looks like they are just introducing her to Ash in that one scene, watch people still ship Ash with her any ways, he's shipped with everyone. Any ways looks like fun, I'm glad they will be traveling at least unlike what happened with Sun and Moon but I gotta admit I miss the camping aspect Pokemon had in the earlier shows.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Aside from showing new footage and information, it was boring. It was kind of enjoyable.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Yamper being hostile towards Ash and shocking him when he got close was pretty funny.

Also like that the Corviknight from the preview belongs to a trainer from Galar coming to challenge Lugia. It means we could see Galarian trainers and Pokemon in the other seven regions