• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 10: Let's Go to the World of Pocket Monsters with Marie Iitoyo! A Thorough Rundown of the Anime

RedR

A "Thorough" rundown of the anime?! I hope that is indicating that this series will have continuity all throught!

The road to kalos special and others have always just showcased how ash met pikachu and where team rocket came from.

why would we need a Thorough review, unless old characters are coming back?

heres hoping for ritchie, paul, giselle, todd/snap, iris, burgandy, samurai, alain, and tobias!

SatoSereFan224888

Guess they will show some memorable moments from the anime. It will not be a special episode like when Cilan went to Kalos. Plus at the end I guess they will show a little clip of the new anime.

SatoSereFan224888

You won't see any of those characters return in the new series, besides maybe Iris and Alain. They're not going to bring back filler characters from 20+ years ago.
I don't want Iris to return. She was a bully. Also I don't think we will see others like May, Dawn, Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Considering recent events the Pichu could be voiced by the same person who voiced Ukulele Pichu and therefore people will think Lillie will return in the beginning already
It could be pichu and kangaskhan/geruda not really about returns of the characters from past series you know.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You won't see any of those characters return in the new series, besides maybe Iris and Alain. They're not going to bring back filler characters from 20+ years ago.
Probably not, but I would love to see Giselle again as she was my favorite original series cotd

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Considering recent events the Pichu could be voiced by the same person who voiced Ukulele Pichu and therefore people will think Lillie will return in the beginning already

Pichu: *repeats its name*
Translation: "Ash, it's me, Lillie. For plot-convenient reasons, I've been turned into a Pichu!"

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think the lack of specials makes sense if most of the SM cast is going to appear next saga.

- Ash will see Sophocles in Hoenn
- Lana probably around Sinnoh looking for Manaphy
- Mallow when he returns to Alola
- Kiawe could show up whereever
- Lillie/Lusamine/Gladion could show up anywhere

I think the whole SM cast will be seen next arc.

Or they wind up like Serena, who also got nothing.

I don't want Iris to return. She was a bully.

That she was

dman_dustin

What the hell are they doing?

Why is gamefreak and TV Tokyo (or OLM or whomever in charge) being absolute bores.

We know very little about Sword and Shield, far less than before, and sure I get that they are trying to keep mostly a secret, but dear god did they choose some of the most boring aspects to reveal before the game (honestly we could've gone without the Gigantamax KANTO Pokemon).

BUT WHY THE HELL are they doing it for the anime? I literally do not understand, this isn't the games, where you can uncover everything within a 24 hour period (with the help of millions of people), this is television show airing that you probably want to hype up.

We know so little about the anime except the format and the most basic of characters, that are they trying to intentionally sabotage Pokemon, both Gamefreak and TV Tokyo (OLM, Pokemon company).

And yet they are choosing the week before the anime presumably airs to actually give us a trailer, while creating a nonsensical special which probably should've been devoted to some of the other characters (unless we get resolutions to these stories in 8th generation anime) I literally don't see the point.

And knowing our luck based on based previews of upcoming episodes, they're going to maybe focus on one important thing while keeping everything else irrelevant. Given I don't know what they plan for this series, I can't even begin to comprehend what they would even consider important thus, what, we're only left with Ash meeting characters and maybe what an episode will be like?

I literally don't understand why they are being so vague about everything, games and anime. That being said I do appreciate we do know more about the games than the anime, because I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if they were equally as vague.

JC317

Why is gamefreak and TV Tokyo (or OLM or whomever in charge) being absolute bores.

We know very little about Sword and Shield, far less than before, and sure I get that they are trying to keep mostly a secret, but dear god did they choose some of the most boring aspects to reveal before the game (honestly we could've gone without the Gigantamax KANTO Pokemon).

BUT WHY THE HELL are they doing it for the anime? I literally do not understand, this isn't the games, where you can uncover everything within a 24 hour period (with the help of millions of people), this is television show airing that you probably want to hype up.

We know so little about the anime except the format and the most basic of characters, that are they trying to intentionally sabotage Pokemon, both Gamefreak and TV Tokyo (OLM, Pokemon company).

And yet they are choosing the week before the anime presumably airs to actually give us a trailer, while creating a nonsensical special which probably should've been devoted to some of the other characters (unless we get resolutions to these stories in 8th generation anime) I literally don't see the point.

And knowing our luck based on based previews of upcoming episodes, they're going to maybe focus on one important thing while keeping everything else irrelevant. Given I don't know what they plan for this series, I can't even begin to comprehend what they would even consider important thus, what, we're only left with Ash meeting characters and maybe what an episode will be like?

I literally don't understand why they are being so vague about everything, games and anime. That being said I do appreciate we do know more about the games than the anime, because I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if they were equally as vague.

From the moment TVTokyo decided to move Pokemon to air on Sundays at the same time as Chibi Maruko-Chan, I have been convinced that some higher-ups at the company just have it out for Pokemon.

...of course, I was only half-joking. But when I look at the horrible performance of the Yokai Watch anime (aka, worse than Pokemon) and know that TVTokyo is still content on letting it air on Friday afternoons, I really don't get why TVTokyo doesn't just pull the trigger and switch the timeslots for Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

Revolver Furious Dragon

From the moment TVTokyo decided to move Pokemon to air on Sundays at the same time as Chibi Maruko-Chan, I have been convinced that some higher-ups at the company just have it out for Pokemon.

...of course, I was only half-joking. But when I look at the horrible performance of the Yokai Watch anime (aka, worse than Pokemon) and know that TVTokyo is still content on letting it air on Friday afternoons, I really don't get why TVTokyo doesn't just pull the trigger and switch the timeslots for Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

Ok what the fudge is a yokai and why does everybody keep going on about it?

JC317

Ok what the fudge is a yokai and why does everybody keep going on about it?

A multimedia franchise that saw an unprecedented rise in popularity during the sixth generation of Pokemon and went on to crush everything in its path within Japan for a few years, only to face epic mismanagement from Level 5 leading to one of the fastest falls from grace and is now a floundering franchise desperately trying to reinvent its gaming side to appeal to a new audience while also reverting to its old formula on the anime side to recapture its original demographic.

Soniman

Break the Limit
A multimedia franchise that saw an unprecedented rise in popularity during the sixth generation of Pokemon and went on to crush everything in its path within Japan for a few years, only to face epic mismanagement from Level 5 leading to one of the fastest falls from grace and is now a floundering franchise desperately trying to reinvent its gaming side to appeal to a new audience while also reverting to its old formula on the anime side to recapture its original demographic.

YW definitely seemed like a fad whole Pokemon, while having peeks and valleys in its popularity, definitely is more enduring because of a stronger foundation at the end of the day

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

I'd prefer if we knew less about the games. Not knowing things makes it more exciting.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I'd prefer if we knew less about the games. Not knowing things makes it more exciting.
Agreed. The lack of any footage for the new anime is weird though.

Remix2

Maybe for the games, but for the anime they need to show us some actual footage to give a reason to watch it.

The fact they going to show the first real footage the week before it going to aired is mind boggling.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
What is this exactly it seems like a documentary

As I said, chances are it's going to be something along the lines of Road to Kalos, where they'll answer the biggest and most relevant questions new fans have about the anime ("How did Satoshi and Pikachu first meet?" "Who are these Rocket trio guys and why do they want Pikachu so badly?"), followed by clips and basic details about the new series.