• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 24th: SM3+4 - Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! & Enter Rowlet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Personal feelings about what Ash is catching aside. I will say with this being the 20th Anniversary series it would be a nice nod to OS if Ash caught 2 Pokemon in 1 episode or this 1-hr special as it were. If I understood correctly the way the titles are written in Japanese are exact if you cut off the 'Enter: Rowlet. Alola Region' bit.

ポケモン ゲットだぜ!= "I Got a Pokemon"

モクロー登場!アローラでポケモン ゲットだぜ!Enter: Rowlet. I Got a Pokemon In The Alola Region!

ポケモン ゲットだぜ!I Got a Pokemon! Title of the very 3rd Episode where Ash caught Butterfree and Pidgeotto.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I am pretty positive that prior 10th-11th episode, he will have 4 Pokemon on hand: Pikachu,Pikipek, Rowlet and Litten.
I am kinda interested how Rotom will work.Will he be in dex 24/7? Will he help Ash in unofficial battles?( against TR, TS, bullies, poachers).Will he be like Larvitar( to go under Ash's unofficial Pokemon) or temporary Pokemon? Is he next main Pokemon?( like Pikachu, Togademaru, Popplio, Vulpix, Bounsweet, Meowth)

Would love it if Rotom becomes his main Pokémon but I doubt it. I remebered you couldn't use him in the games (but I thought it would show that you've captured a Rotom which is nice)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wouldn't mind the fast paced pokemon catching this time around. It felt like a enternity in XY. So the faster he catches them all, the more he can work with them all equally and not only spam one.

phanpycross

God-king
Ash always getting a grass type was standard, until XY changed that.

Ash's water starter never evolving was standard too, until XY changed that.

So I don't think we should rely on standards right now.
The rushed and generally god-awful treatment of Goodra's return makes me think they planned XY to be a longer series, and for Ash to get a sixth capture, but they never got around to it.

The fact that Phantump took an eternity to debut makes me think that might have been who they were planning.

Last edited:

World Turtle

I wouldn't mind the fast paced pokemon catching this time around. It felt like a enternity in XY. So the faster he catches them all, the more he can work with them all equally and not only spam one.

Yeah. The sooner they're all caught the sooner they can all get development. I'm hoping for at least 6 captures this time around.
Ash's Team: At maximum I could see Ash getting 6 (maybe 7) Pokemon. One to help him get through each trial and get a Z-Move on his Z-Ring.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/025-a.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/724.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/727.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/738.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/745.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/752.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/770.png[/img139][img139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/028-a.png[/img139]

Last edited:

Grey Wind

I feel like we would've seen some hint of Pikipek were he going to catch it. I know the regional bird isn't usually a big deal but you'd think we'd at least have seen it somewhere in the trailers.

Rowlet will take the role of his bird this time IMO.

World Turtle

The rushed and generally god-awful treatment of Goodra's return makes me think they planned XY to be a longer series, and for Ash to get a sixth capture, but they never got around to it.

The fact that Phantump took an eternity to debut makes me think that might have been who they were planning.

The fact that it literally fell on Ash's head just like Goomy was possibly a telling sign of "Yeah we were going to give this to Ash but we ran out of time". At least I like to think so anyways.

I feel like we would've seen some hint of Pikipek were he going to catch it. I know the regional bird isn't usually a big deal but you'd think we'd at least have seen it somewhere in the trailers.

Rowlet will take the role of his bird this time IMO.

If that second poster was the starting line up for Ash and his friends for the first 20-30 episodes you'd think Pikipek would of been on it. Its the bird! Its no secret Ash gets the birds! They even showed him with Litten! So either he's not getting it, he's getting it later, or they're pulling a fake out and he'll get it here.

EDIT: Wait. Has the Pokemon anime pulled fake outs on its promotional images before?

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If Ash was gonna get Pikipek, why wouldn't he be on the poster, especially since it's happening prior to us even having a clue about when Lillie and Alolan Vulpix is happening.

It's clearly not about spoilers as they spoiled Rowlet and Vulpix. Plus they aren't really focusing on one particular Pikipek, it seems more in a general sense like a group of them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Ash was gonna get Pikipek, why wouldn't he be on the poster, especially since it's happening prior to us even having a clue about when Lillie and Alolan Vulpix is happening.

It's clearly not about spoilers as they spoiled Rowlet and Vulpix. Plus they aren't really focusing on one particular Pikipek, it seems more in a general sense like a group of them.

And Litten, they spoiled him too pretty much.
But I agree, I don't see Pikipek being caught and I hope he doesn't.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
If Rowlet would fully evolve into Decidueye, I wouldn't mind Ash getting a Pikipek.
Rowlet's Flying-Type gets replaced by Ghost-Type, when it fully evolves into Decidueye.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If Rowlet would fully evolve into Decidueye, I wouldn't mind Ash getting a Pikipek.
Rowlet's Flying-Type gets replaced by Ghost-Type, when it fully evolves into Decidueye.

Honestly it's kind of pointless though. Decidueye is a bird and in all honesty is gonna know a flying type attack. He doesn't need a flying type since stab is hardly ever played up anyways.

World Turtle

Being a ghost with a large wingspan I'm sure Decidueye can fly just fine. Flying Type or no Flying Type. He flies pretty well when he does Spirit Shackle in the game.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
he's getting it later, or they're pulling a fake out and he'll get it here.

EDIT: Wait. Has the Pokemon anime pulled fake outs on its promotional images before?

Yeah it's pretty obvious this is what's going to happen. Ash always gets the regional bird. And it's not like XY was the first series to do away with one or two traditions...And this is the one of the ones that has never changed, so it's highly unlikely it will now.

And yes they have indeed done fake out promotional images before. One example off the top of my head would be in DP where they made it seem as if Paul was a companion.

ShadowForce720

Yeah it's pretty obvious this is what's going to happen. Ash always gets the regional bird. And it's not like XY was the first series to do away with one or two traditions...And this is the one of the ones that has never changed, so it's highly unlikely it will now.

And yes they have indeed done fake out promotional images before. One example off the top of my head would be in DP where they made it seem as if Paul was a companion.

Before X&Y people said the same thing about Ash getting a Grass type and getting the Grass type starter, and yet in XY Ash didn't get any Grass type pokemon let alone the grass type starter, and yes people did say that oh Ash getting a Grass type would never change and yet in XY he didn't get one, so no it's not highly unlikely, it's completely possible that Ash might not get Pikipek.

MegaSalamence05

I wouldn't be surprised if he caught two Pokemon in the same episode and it would be an interesting callback to Caterpie and Pidgeotto (Like a really good memory) Yes I do know another poster did use this reference.

Have Rowlet be Night time scout because he's an Owl right and Pikipek be the Daytime scout.

I could see a rivalry develop here. With the two flyers fight for air space

I still question where the Mimikyu fight with Rowlet and Pikachu happens though?

World Turtle

That isn't exactly the best reasoning. People use to say he'll always get the Grass Starter and then XY happen and he didn't.

To be fair Paul was an important reoccurring character in DP. Though Chimchar would eventually go to Ash. So I suppose that's evidence we can't trust the promo material 100% for who'll get what. Or to be precise the Trainer the Pokemon starts with is who'll they stay with. Buizel and Aipom as well in this case.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Not necessarily, as Pikachu has never faced a Mimikyu before and just because that Mimikyu maybe a wild pokemon does not automatically make it weak.

I think Mimikyu being wild makes its odds of being weak much more likely since wild pokemon typically aren't very tough, especially at the start of a new saga. But if Pikachu loses to Mimikyu in SM004, I agree that it probably has more to do with Mimikyu being an opponent that Pikachu has had no experience with before rather than Pikachu himself lacking strength. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.