• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 24th: SM3+4 - Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! & Enter Rowlet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think Mimikyu being wild makes its odds of being weak much more likely since wild pokemon typically aren't very tough, especially at the start of a new saga. But if Pikachu loses to Mimikyu in SM004, I agree that it probably has more to do with Mimikyu being an opponent that Pikachu has had no experience with before rather than Pikachu himself lacking strength. ^^

I wouldn't mind it losing to Mimikyu, especially with it's Disguise ability. We also don't know the strength of Mimikyu (unlike the first battle Snivy) so we can suspend disbelief for a moment.

MegaSalamence05

Question what if Rowlet is the ace in the hole against Mimikyu. Sure it's Grass/Flying I'm pretty sure it could learn a super effective move against the Ghost/Fairy type Mimikyu. I'm a little lazy to check but it's a good possibility

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Pikachu struggling against Mimikyu shouldn't be an issue. If the anime followed all logic in terms of power, then Pikachu should out muscle anything regardless of querks or unknown techniques. However, we can't have that as then the whole point of the anime gets thrown out the window in favour of everything getting rekt and old stuff getting the shine. By letting Mimikyu outshine Pikachu makes showcasing what Mimikyu is all about much easier. Pikachu might still be the better Pokemon, but better does not translate to winning all the time. All it takes is for one lucky break with smart use of obscure traits for the underdog to gain the advantage.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Personally, Mimikyu beating up Pikachu is relatively understandable. It will likely harbor enmity against Pikachu and thus attack without warning or mercy. Additionally, Mimikyu is relatively out of its habitat considering there are lots of sunlight rays in that forest, so chances are this Mimikyu may be more powerful/resistant than usual.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Abareru kun? Cheerleading Chief? Will Ash be hula dancing already? The war between Rowlet & Pikpek: which one will Ash capture? (better be Rowlet)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'm glad Giovanni and Team Rocket are here and that Ash and his friends go to the forest and watch Rowlet and some Pikipek, but what exactly is Abareru-kun's role here?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Abareru kun? Cheerleading Chief? Will Ash be hula dancing already? The war between Rowlet & Pikpek: which one will Ash capture? (better be Rowlet)

The title of the episode mentions Rowlet so it most probably be Rowlet.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Watch when he catches Pikpek and the title was just a red herring. :p

... I would hate that.

That isn't impossible considering the title 'Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!' and referring to Alain's victory instead of Ash's.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really hope they explain Inkay and Gourgeist here....

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's possible they might be back in Kanto with Giovanni. We might see them on the other side of the video call

Team Rocket always lose their Pokemon caught in a series after the series with the exception of Wobbuffet. The writers don't care about their previous Pokemon honestly.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Team Rocket always lose their Pokemon caught in a series after the series with the exception of Wobbuffet. The writers don't care about their previous Pokemon honestly.

hopefully they at least make it emotional of some sort. It's very sad when they don't have any emotion with it basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.