• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 24th: SM3+4 - Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! & Enter Rowlet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
dumb question but has it been confirmed that the Rotom was the one Oak caught in BW?

I honestly just adore the idea of it being a case of fortunate timming and coincedence to have a random Pokemon Oak caught to eventually become a actual prominent character in the show after three gens

Captain America X

Would you really watch an anime where Pikachu one-shots every Pokemon? No. Plus maybe Mimikyu has an amazing power-up, because it's about to beat it's rival (For affection of people) and goes at 120%. Also Pikachu is a middle-stage pokemon, so it's more believable he cannot one-shot everything with all that amazing experience.

But there's a theory out there that with everytime a Pikachu hears "DRAGON CLAW!", it loses a level

Also maybe Pikachu saw what was under Minikyu's hood causing his to get infected the same way the preview showed Meowth was.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
dumb question but has it been confirmed that the Rotom was the one Oak caught in BW?

I honestly just adore the idea of it being a case of fortunate timming and coincedence to have a random Pokemon Oak caught to eventually become a actual prominent character in the show after three gens
We're know in the next episode. My guess is that it'll be a random Rotom but I really hope that I'm wrong.

DatsRight

Kinda hoping for some strong limelight from TR rather than just a generic twerps face-off (Aya Matsui doesn't have the best track record with them, though she has definitely made a great Ash and Pikachu so far in these first couple of episodes, especially given she rarely did twerp-only episodes before).

I am wondering what that 'mysterious illness' Mimikyu inflicts onto Meowth is.

Pikachu wasn't getting beaten up by Bunnelby, the battle was going even. And Pikachu has defeated legendaries before, hasn't he? It was a disappointment that the Z-move didn't do any damage at all. I was expecting Tapu Koko to suffer serious damage.

Didn't Clemont just recently capture Bunnelby at that point? Better than all out losing to him like against Snivy, but still Pikachu was struggling and forced to be clever against him. And they were both completely useless against Wobbuffet until Froakie neutralised him totally for them.

A recurring flaw for Ash and Pikachu (and several other twerps) is that too often they are complacent power spammers ('Pikachu use Thunderbolt for the billionth time!'), a lot power means nothing if your opponent has a good counter strategy. I have hopes the school setup will be all about Ash realising this flaw and being taught new strategies and methods.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Rowlet is absolutely adorable in the preview with Ash, really hope it is female. Of course that would be Ash's 3rd grass starter that is female. Leaving only Bulbasaur, Sceptile, and Torterra as most likely male.

I am wondering what that 'mysterious illness' Mimikyu inflicts onto Meowth is.

Given the description of Mimikyu it's some kind of natural illness, maybe as a defense mechanism given its ghost typing. Which you'd think wouldn't affect Meowth.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Only going 4 episodes in and I already love Sun and Moon... Rowlet is the greatest

Atlanta-hammy

Know i'm kinda surprised no ones mentioned, but I think that egg Ash and his mom delivered, is carrying the Rotom that lives in Ash's pokedex xD (I mean it looks to be the right color and all, it appears to be a solid color) I wonder what the egg Lillie gets in the opening is. (I think we're all aware what it will be..)

I love that their using egg's more in the anime so far... We normally never really see more then one or two.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Well this is the thing I don't like- Ash and Pikachu getting reset at the start of each series. Pikachu's power varying according to plot is actually getting really old. Really difficult to think how can it struggle against a Mimikyu who has nowhere near the massive battle experience Pikachu has.

Do I have to quote this every time you say this

Experience is not a free pass to win every battle as everyone and everything has a different style. Style varies by person, region, or even individual pokemon.

There is a fanfiction section dedicated to the Marty Stu you want.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Know i'm kinda surprised no ones mentioned, but I think that egg Ash and his mom delivered, is carrying the Rotom that lives in Ash's pokedex xD (I mean it looks to be the right color and all, it appears to be a solid color) I wonder what the egg Lillie gets in the opening is. (I think we're all aware what it will be..)

I love that their using egg's more in the anime so far... We normally never really see more then one or two.

Lol could be true, but I remember Rotom's cant breed soooooo. Very unlikable (unless they change it in this gen) + if it id an egg it will be a baby Pokémon and it's not really likely he can talk already... And everybody knows what's inside Lillie's egg. Thank you for advertising spoiling posters CorCoro. GG

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Do I have to quote this every time you say this

There is a fanfiction section dedicated to the Marty Stu you want.

Also why is he complaining abot Pikachu struggling against a wild Mimikyu (Which can have as much power as the writers want him to have, since wild Pokemon =/= Trainer's Pokemon

Atlanta-hammy

Lol could be true, but I remember Rotom's cant breed soooooo. Very unlikable (unless they change it in this gen) + if it id an egg it will be a baby Pokémon and it's not really likely he can talk already... And everybody knows what's inside Lillie's egg. Thank you for advertising spoiling posters CorCoro. GG

What are you talking about? You can breed them, just requires a ditto, and or anything in the amorphous egg group...

And you never know, they've pulled some BS before, plus it's also been stated Pokemon inside eggs know what is going on outside the shell.

(Know I'm actually a bit surprised Alolen Vulpix's egg is not a recolor of the original vulpix egg]

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
What are you talking about? You can breed them, just requires a ditto... and you never know, they've pulled some BS before, plus it's also been stated Pokemon inside eggs know what is going on outside the shell.

(Know I'm actually a bit surprised Alolen Vulpix's egg is not a recolor of the original vulpix egg]

Can you breed Rotom? WOW. Okay that's the next thing i'm gonna breed if DP remake comes out :D. I always thought i couldn't breed Pokémon who can only be captured once in a game, I thought he was legendary for a moment. But anyway (you spoiled the egg for people who didn't dee the poster)

Atlanta-hammy

Can you breed Rotom? WOW. Okay that's the next thing i'm gonna breed if DP remake comes out :D. I always thought i couldn't breed Pokémon who can only be captured once in a game, I thought he was legendary for a moment. But anyway (you spoiled the egg for people who didn't dee the poster)

Heyhey there was a person before me that already said it, so i'm on the clear on that one! plus the Corocoro... All the same i'm still kinda wondering about the design choice there, I was really expecting them to recolor already existing pokemon eggs for the alolens, since it woulda been easier.

And naaa it's not a legendary, it was only event only, like B/W Zoroark and Zorua for gimmick / Promotion reasons, they can breed with anything in the amorphous egg group too.

Was I the only one who was genuinely surprised that Ash actually referenced the fact that he caught 30 Tauros at the safari zone? That was such a long time ago I honest to god never expected the writers to bring mention to it ever again at this point.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Was I the only one who was genuinely surprised that Ash actually referenced the fact that he caught 30 Tauros at the safari zone? That was such a long time ago I honest to god never expected the writers to bring mention to it ever again at this point.

SM s continuity heavy so it hopefully will have reserves, Imean who doesn't wants to see Ash's Snorlax using Pulverizing Pancake or his Muk interacting with A-Muk, I'm honestly excited right now

TheHumanPokedex

Perhaps they are going to make more references since the anniversary is coming up? Plus SM games kinda celebrate the anniversary of the whole franchise so the anime might follow

Status
Not open for further replies.