• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 24th: SM3+4 - Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! & Enter Rowlet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Honestly I don't have much to say about this trailer. Ash looks like he will catch the cuddly little grass owl. More Ash X Mallow interaction. (New ship! :D ) Rowlet nuzzling Ash should have been cute, but the fact that it was blushing at the time just creeped me out big time.

dman_dustin

But yeah, pretty sure that red-orange egg is gonna be rotom.

I doubt it, the preview shows Rotom coming from an electrical outlet.

I would be pressed to believe the egg hatched and the Rotom immediately went to an electrical outlet, JUST to enter Ash's Pokedex to become Rotom Pokedex only for everyone to find out later it was the egg that Ash and Delia brought over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely dismissing it.

But I would find it hard to believe. Unless somehow there's an actual game event/cutscene of a Rotom hatching and entering the Pokedex.

sheld999

what if its oaks rotrom that travel through the phone while ash talks to him and he goes into the pokedex

Atlanta-hammy

I doubt it, the preview shows Rotom coming from an electrical outlet.

I would be pressed to believe the egg hatched and the Rotom immediately went to an electrical outlet, JUST to enter Ash's Pokedex to become Rotom Pokedex only for everyone to find out later it was the egg that Ash and Delia brought over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely dismissing it.

But I would find it hard to believe. Unless somehow there's an actual game event/cutscene of a Rotom hatching and entering the Pokedex.

Your also forgetting Ash has already been on Alola for 3 - 4 days since delivering said egg, likely more come the next episodes, so it's had plenty of time to hatch, and cause havoc, specially if it's related to Oak's rotom.

Well i'm not saying it happen in GAME i'm saying it's more likely an anime thing, as they tend to do this stuff like this.. I mean how many episodes was it till Ash's Noibat hatched, evolved, and learned to fly? (not in that order mind you) Really there's not a real point in comparing it to the game xD The anime has it's own unique writing and plot, most of the time, why the heck would it be an in-game thing? if anything that mean it be even MORE less likely.

Plus I doubt they'ed show a solid red-orange egg, and just never tell us what was in it. (Heck even Lillie's egg in the opening has meaning / foreshadowing to it)

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Was I the only one who was genuinely surprised that Ash actually referenced the fact that he caught 30 Tauros at the safari zone? That was such a long time ago I honest to god never expected the writers to bring mention to it ever again at this point.
Was hoping for a Primeape reference from watching a game of Basketball

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why is there even discussion about what the egg is?? They show Lillie holding the egg guys, it's pretty clear that it's Alolan Vulpix. Not to mention that by process of elimination, Alolan Vulpix is the ONLY pokemon unaccounted for in any sort of footage.

Seriously the fact that it's not white shouldn't mean anything shouldn't mean anything given that it's a Vulpix still and it was found in Kanto.

dman_dustin

Why is there even discussion about what the egg is?? They show Lillie holding the egg guys, it's pretty clear that it's Alolan Vulpix. Not to mention that by process of elimination, Alolan Vulpix is the ONLY pokemon unaccounted for in any sort of footage.

Seriously the fact that it's not white shouldn't mean anything shouldn't mean anything given that it's a Vulpix still and it was found in Kanto.

This only makes sense ONLY if Fire Type Vulpix Egg automatically becomes an ice Vulpix just because its in Alola, which doesn't make sense.

semi spoiler even though the games are technically out.
[spoil]
But judging how the only Alolan forms you can't get NORMAL are the ones that evolve from non Alolan Pokemon (especially since they use the same evolutionary method) Normal Raichu, Normal Exeggutor, Normal Marowak.

It never said you couldn't get NORMAL Vulpix or NORMAL Ninetales (by breeding)

So if true, if the egg hatches in Alola, IT SHOULD be normal Fire type Vulpix not automatically becoming Ice Type because it makes no sense, given the only reason Alolan Vulpix is a thing is because it moved to colder climates
[/spoil]

But I wouldn't past the writers to make stuff up.

Edit: On top of that, does no one really not know what the Vulpix egg looks like saying the egg looks similar or even the white version. Did you NOT see the Vulpix tail design (= two different colors) on the Pokemon egg from way back then.

And the egg Ash brought was ONLY one color, unless someone has a shot proving the egg has 2 different colors, and shows Vulpix's tail in the design.

Edit: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Vulpix_Egg.png See it has Vulpix's tail. The brown coloring part of the egg is the same though. Might mean a redesign. Though to be fair we didn't see the bottom part.

Last edited:

Chardaddy

We've already seen Ashy Boy dance and break his crystal. I wonder how bad he and Mallow can screw up their Island Stew.

Game is a joke too. Makes you watch Marowak dances as a "trial". Please.

Atlanta-hammy

This only makes sense ONLY if Fire Type Vulpix Egg automatically becomes an ice Vulpix just because its in Alola, which doesn't make sense.

semi spoiler even though the games are technically out.
[spoil]
But judging how the only Alolan forms you can't get NORMAL are the ones that evolve from non Alolan Pokemon (especially since they use the same evolutionary method) Normal Raichu, Normal Exeggutor, Normal Marowak.

It never said you couldn't get NORMAL Vulpix or NORMAL Ninetales (by breeding)

So if true, if the egg hatches in Alola, IT SHOULD be normal Fire type Vulpix not automatically becoming Ice Type because it makes no sense, given the only reason Alolan Vulpix is a thing is because it moved to colder climates
[/spoil]

But I wouldn't past the writers to make stuff up.

Edit: On top of that, does no one really not know what the Vulpix egg looks like saying the egg looks similar or even the white version. Did you NOT see the Vulpix tail design (= two different colors) on the Pokemon egg from way back then.

And the egg Ash brought was ONLY one color, unless someone has a shot proving the egg has 2 different colors, and shows Vulpix's tail in the design.

Edit: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Vulpix_Egg.png See it has Vulpix's tail. The brown coloring part of the egg is the same though. Might mean a redesign. Though to be fair we didn't see the bottom part.

Wrong Egg Bro xD The RED one is the one we are debating, the one Ash and his mom gave to Oak's cousin.

The WHITE egg with strange blue blotches on it, seen in the OPENING of the show, (Seen here: https://youtu.be/rUI2vRUW4jw?t=52s ) is the one that is alolen vulpix xD I was just merely surprised it wasn't a recolor of the already existing one.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

Well we didn't account for the reason why Oak sent the egg with Ash to Alola in the first place. Anime physics are there to help in these sorts of situations. But I do see your point, I'm hoping the reason revolves around climate change and we find out how and if it changes colour/shape ect.

Atlanta-hammy

Again that's what I'm talking about, it doesn't LOOK like Vulpix's EGG.

How can NOT VULPIX's EGG suddenly turn into a White Alolan Vulpix Egg?

I don't understand what you're saying??? But I mean I also think i do?
The red egg ash and his mom have in the anime, i believe, is likely going to be Rotom, given the color and the fact it pretty much appears to be a solid color. I mean i'm pretty sure the red egg ash and his mom brought, and the white-blue-blotched egg given to Lillie, are two different eggs... Plus it kinda explains how Rotom got there in the first place, given Rotom are not native to Alola.

the WHITE EGG shown being given by some kinda psychic pokemon, to Lilly, in the opening, is quite clearly alolen vulpix, the Corocoro poster spoiled / leaked this. (I also highly doubt an egg would suddenly change color and pattern by switching regions/climent, specially if it's parents where genetically, Kanto Ninetales.)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wait, there's two different eggs?? I thought the one in the opening was the same one just glowing cuz it was hatching.

Actually thinking about it, Rotom could be from the egg. I mean Oak has a Rotom and could of breed it. He also sounded like he knew what pokemon was in the egg. I guess his cousin/the prof. could of asked for a Rotom to test out the new Rotom dex.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Not sure about either egg. I was thinking that the brown egg was Vulpix which will be given to Lillie and it'll slowly transform into Alolan Vulpix while the white egg that she's holding is Cosmog but the white egg is most likely Alolan Vulpix. The brown egg will be... well it's definitely not Rotom. Eggs just don't hatch in the next episode.

Maybe it's a Diglett for Principal Samson! I mean he can rock that type! ディグダじゃない ! :D Please "get" my joke. ;.;

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Not sure about either egg. I was thinking that the brown egg was Vulpix which will be given to Lillie and it'll slowly transform into Alolan Vulpix while the white egg that she's holding is Cosmog but the white egg is most likely Alolan Vulpix. The brown egg will be... well it's definitely not Rotom. Eggs just don't hatch in the next episode.

Maybe it's a Diglett for Principal Samson! I mean he can rock that type! ディグダじゃない ! :D

Wouldn't be surprised, there's an Alolan Dugtrio in the opening.

Atlanta-hammy

Wait, there's two different eggs?? I thought the one in the opening was the same one just glowing cuz it was hatching.

Actually thinking about it, Rotom could be from the egg. I mean Oak has a Rotom and could of breed it. He also sounded like he knew what pokemon was in the egg. I guess his cousin/the prof. could of asked for a Rotom to test out the new Rotom dex.

Yeah they are definitely two diff eggs, and no it was glowing cause it was being given to Lillie by, what I assume, was a psychic pokemon (Perhaps a parent?) cause it does stop glowing once it's sat in her hands... Not to mention floating a few seconds before.

And yeah thats my thought about the red egg / Rotom, since it's not seen anywhere else within the first two eps.

Maybe it's a Diglett for Principal Samson! I mean he can rock that type! ディグダじゃない ! :D Please "get" my joke. ;.;

Wouldn't be surprised, there's an Alolan Dugtrio in the opening.

Digglet huh? Well I doubt it be Alolen, given it's from Kanto, but it is a interesting thought, my lot is still on Rotom though xD

Also, lies, satoharupika! Ash's Noibat hatched in the same ep he got it. xD

Last edited:

Atlanta-hammy

God dammit! ._.;

Well... it won't hatch that long this time! XD

Yep xD Given the plot demands it, they can have eggs hatch as fast as they please.. Also thinking about it, it took them 2? 3? days to get to Alola by plane so that egg has technically been an egg for about 5-7 days on screen, in a incubator, (counting the day Oak gave it to them) we just fast forwarded through them, so it's not completely unreasonable for it to hatch in our next hour long special.

Also, they put at least 2 eps between it (technically speaking, as Ep 1 was both ep 1 & 2, the next ep is I believe 3 & 4)

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode

It could be something else because Lillie has another Pokémon in the games, I don't wanna spoil but in the games she has no Pokémon at all. And I wonder if the SM gameplot will be the same because it doesn't we got a totally different Lillie here

Status
Not open for further replies.