• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nov 24th: SM3+4 - Good Rotomorning, I am the Rotomdex, Roto! & Enter Rowlet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Grubbin might actually be caught in this episode. It was caught in the opening with the classmates watching and it's confirmed he caught something in the forest. If Rowlet isn't confirmed to be caught in this episode then Ash failed to catch it this time. It would be hilarious if the episode ends with Ash trying to convince Rowlet to get in the ball but it ends up flying with Ash's watermelon! :p

The title of SM4 highly suggests that Rowlet will be his first capture in Alola, though.

ShadowForce720

The title of SM4 highly suggests that Rowlet will be his first capture in Alola, though.

Not really all the title says is he got a Pokémon in Alola, it never said that it was his first capture nor does it really imply it either, so if Ash does get Grubbin as his first capture and he gets Rowlet in episode 4 then the title is still correct because he got a Pokémon in Alola it just wouldn't be his 1st capture.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not really all the title says is he got a Pokémon in Alola, it never said that it was his first capture, so if Ash does get Grubbin as his first capture and he gets Rowlet in episode 4 then the title is still correct because he got a Pokémon in Alola it just wouldn't be his capture.

But isn't the title of SM4 'Enter Rowlet! I caught a Pokemon in Alola!!'? The nature of the title very much suggests that Rowlet will be Ash's first Pokemon in Alola. Otherwise why would the title say like that?

ShadowForce720

But isn't the title of SM4 'Enter Rowlet! I caught a Pokemon in Alola!!'? The nature of the title very much suggests that Rowlet will be Ash's first Pokemon in Alola. Otherwise why would the title say like that?

Sure that is the title but the nature of the title doesn't suggest that Rowlet will be Ash's first pokemon in Alola, the only thing the title is saying is that Ash got a pokemon in Alola and is suggesting that the pokemon he caught in episode 4 is Rowlet, it never said that it was his first capture though nor did it suggest it. As for why they said it like that, it's probably because they are trying to imply that Ash is going to get Rowlet in the episode and that's it, it never said nor implied that Rowlet will be Ash's first capture.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Just like how XYZ38 was "Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!" Cue flame wars

Honestly, I do believe Rowlet is caught here. I doubt the anime would start flame baiting trolling us now.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The only thing we know is that Ash is catching a Pokemon in ep4. He could catch more than one though, so both Grubbin and Rowlet is still on the table and Pikipek

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Just like how XYZ38 was "Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!" Cue flame wars

Honestly, I do believe Rowlet is caught here. I doubt the anime would start flame baiting trolling us now.

Yeah I think he's most likely catching it here too. I don't really see the point of trolling it's capture at this point. I could see it with Litten maybe.

MegaSalamence05

I'm just saying the summary does state for Episode 3 that Ash and Pikachu go into the forest with the Rotom Pokedex. (Rotodex does confirm the capture of Grubbin with the animation in the opening) while in Episode 4 they specifically say that Ash and the others in an attempt to get Rowlet, Ash and the group chase after it into the woods. So all in all the Woods will be a major sticking point for both episodes for the main group.

I didn't mean any discontent here. Like serious its just a thought

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The title only confirms that Ash catches a Pokémon and Rowlet appears in this episode. It's uncertain whether or not he'll catch Rowlet in this episode or the next. Grubbin has a chance to get captured since it's captured in the opening with the classmates watching. Nonetheless, Ash will try to persuade Rowlet into getting into his ball.

The only thing we know is that Ash is catching a Pokemon in ep4. He could catch more than one though, so both Grubbin and Rowlet is still on the table and Pikipek
Seeing that Pikpek hasn't been seen anywhere near Ash aside from the first poster, I hope that means he doesn't catch it. :D

dman_dustin

The title only confirms that Ash catches a Pokémon and Rowlet appears in this episode. It's uncertain whether or not he'll catch Rowlet in this episode or the next. Grubbin has a chance to get captured since it's captured in the opening with the classmates watching. Nonetheless, Ash will try to persuade Rowlet into getting into his ball.

Given the insane amount of focus Rowlet is getting in the preview, I'd find it hard to believe that Ash would randomly catch a random Pokemon (one he might catch later) and not Rowlet.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Given the insane amount of focus Rowlet is getting in the preview, I'd find it hard to believe that Ash would randomly catch a random Pokemon (one he might catch later) and not Rowlet.
That preview is showing both episodes. If anything, most of the Rowlet scenes are happening in episode 3 aside from the Pikachu vs Mimikyu fight. Rowlet will be caught at the near end of the 4th episode.

I'm just saying, Grubbin isn't quite a random Pokémon especially when Ash was looking and fooling around for it in the first episode.

dman_dustin

That preview is showing both episodes. If anything, most of the Rowlet scenes are happening in episode 3 aside from the Pikachu vs Mimikyu fight. Rowlet will be caught at the near end of the 4th episode.

I'm just saying, Grubbin isn't quite a random Pokémon especially when Ash was looking and fooling around for it in the first episode.

By random I meant Pokemon not showcased in the preview.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Well I know that and referred to that earlier in this thread. But regarding a capture I don't think that the title would be that misleading. Besides 'I caught a Pokemon in Alola' very much suggests that it's his first capture.

Everything12

Seems that Pikachu was shocked by Mimikyu's disguise ability when it thought it had defeated it so the Mimikyu knocked it down. So no actual reset.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
doesst mean he cant catch both and here is a new preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vTyVBSbnk

Oh man, Pikachu is clearly struggling against Mimikyu. Iron Tail barely had any effect on Mimikyu and Shadow Claw sent Pikachu sprawling through the ground. Anyway, the preview doesn't even show Grubbin so I doubt Ash is catching it here. He is catching Rowlet as his first Pokemon, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Oh man, Pikachu is clearly struggling against Mimikyu. Iron Tail barely had any effect on Mimikyu and Shadow Claw sent Pikachu sprawling through the ground. Anyway, the preview doesn't even show Grubbin so I doubt Ash is catching it here. He is catching Rowlet as his first Pokemon, in my opinion.

Disguise is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.