• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~ Nova: The Life and Times of a Young Jirachi ~*~

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
After writing the first half of this chapter, ignoring it, then going back to it, I'm finally finished with the first chapter

Just an advisory; the quality of it slumps a little at the end. I had a little bit of a block at the end of this, so...

But, I digress. On with the first chapter!

~*~ Nova ~*~
The Life and Times of a Young Jirachi

~Chapter One~
Reunion

“Bye, Jirachi.” The young boy said to the small Pokemon, his eyes welling up with tears. “Bye, Max. And remember, we’ll be friends forever.” The small creature responded, without speaking. Then, he closed his small eyes and his one large one; the last thing he saw being Max grabbing his sister’s arm, tears starting to roll down his face. The shining valley that he was in was only a memory now, and will be for 1000 years. He felt his two fabric-like tassels rap around his body. He floated up as if a pillar rose out of the ground to carry him to the heavens. He felt a warm glow engulf his frail and tiny body. The pinging sound of rapid crystallization filled his ears. What light that still reached his eyes started to fade; first becoming broken and refracted, then points of light, and finally darkness. Jirachi was peaceful. He did not want to sleep for the thousand years that he must, but he would not try and fight it. He felt his consciousness flee from his body, as if his soul was going on a vacation. And Jirachi knew that something pretty close to that would happen.

A brilliant flash of rainbow-colored light and a burst of what felt like wind engulfed Jirachi. His eyes opened, and his wrappings urwraveled. The large eye that was on his belly remained shut. He blinked his small eyes a few times to restore his vision. Is this it? He thought. Was that 1000 years? No, it couldn’t be… He discovered that he wasn’t in the valley filled with crystals anymore. Instead, he was in a large, extensive meadow. He looked around, seeing that nothing was their. Just the sky, a blanket of blue draped with puffs of white, and the grass, little blades, swaying in the sporadic breeze. “Hello? Is anyone there?” the small creature called. No response. He gave a light sigh and plopped down in the fresh grass. A cool burst of wind rushed across the field, and Jirachi laid back in the green. To his surprise, a figure was standing behind him. The figure was large and orange, and much taller than Jirachi. Two extremities jutted out of its head like airplane wings. Its arms were relatively thin, with two bulky, four-fingered, teal blue hands on the ends. A crystal-like form sat in its chest, glowing brilliantly. Its legs ware very sleek and thin, and its pelvis was large and a bit bulky. “Deoxys!” Jirachi exclaimed.

"Jirachi!” Deoxys responded, hoisting the little star-man up. “So? How was it?” he inquired, his voice low and a bit gruff.

"It was fun. I met this little boy named Max, and we had a lot of fun. But then this guy made a fake Groudon and attacked us. It was scary.” Jirachi spoke frantically, overexcited about seeing his friend. “But I’m happy to be back here. Where’s everyone else?” Jirachi asked, looking around.

“Well, Mew has been in and out lately. She said that she wants to see the other world a little. Celebi said she would stop by soon. I think that Lugia is here. And the Regis were supposedly in town...” Deoxys sighed. “It’s pretty lonely in this realm nowadays.”

~*~*~*~

Mewtwo sat on top of a skyscraper, gazing out into the large and extensive city laid out before him. The last three times he had contact with humans turned out to be a disaster. He sighed. I need to be with my kind. Those who share my power… Mewtwo thought. He stood, and turned, pulling the makeshift cloak further over his body. He walked a few steps, and then disappeared. He appeared again a few miles from where he was, nearing the suburbs, but was gone after a few seconds. Once more, he appeared, nearing the outskirts of the city. He was traveling northwest; to a place he knew he could rest, where he could shut down, not bothered by people. With each Teleport, his mind grew calmer.

After only 3 or so minutes, it was hard for Mewtwo to tell how long it took, but this seemed right, he arrived at the entrance to his future home. An old tattered sign sat to the left of the blocked off entrance. “TURN BACK! ONLY TRAINERS WHO HAVE BEATEN THE LEAUGE CHAMPION MAY ENTER!” the sign read in faded red lettering. Mewtwo scoffed at the sign and turned to look at the entrance. A large boulder had been rolled over the passage, and signs of a collapse were evident, as for what was visible of the arc was cracked. He concentrated on the mammoth stone, and a glowing aura of psychic energy wrapped around it. The stone lifted a few inches off the ground, and Mewtwo guided it away. Behind it, many stones were piled up in a wall. Mewtwo was a little annoyed at this, but expected it.

Cerulean Cave hadn’t been touched for about 10 years now, and a recent earthquake had shaken the weak weathered rocks of the cave’s mouth to a braking point. Mewtwo merely stepped back, and charged a mass of black energy between his hands. Once it was roughly the size of a basketball, he fired the glob of energy at the stones. The Shadow Ball erupted with a magnificent, yet eerie, wind which sent rocks flying everywhere. Mewtwo raised a dome of energy around him, which reflected any wind or debris which might hit him. The bits of stone pelted the glowing screen, and the ethereal wind whipped at the golden wall. After the dust settled, Mewtwo lowered his protection and surveyed the opening. All the rocks that were there before were gone now, but the passage didn’t look any more inviting. This didn’t phase Mewtwo obviously, as for he walked very casually into the cave.

The darkness didn’t vex Mewtwo. He actually quite enjoyed it. He found the darkness very peaceful. Mewtwo walked through the dank cave, and closed his eyes. He didn’t need sight anymore. His mind guided him through. A few flashes came from a group of Magneton which he could see through his eyelids. As Mewtwo neared the bottom of the cave, he started to feel something he hadn’t in a long time. Pure bliss. He could hear a group of Chansey and Blissey to his right. But that wasn’t what made him feel so happy. Just being in a place of piece where no human roamed made him glad.

After a long time of peaceful wandering, Mewtwo stopped. Perfect. He thought. He opened his eyes momentarily to survey the immediate area. This was only to know where his body was in case he needed to get back to it. He took a deep breath, and sat down in a meditating-like position. He felt his consciousness slip away, and his body relax. His whole being slipped from his physical form, which immediately locked in the position he left it in. His body’s breathing was heavy and calm, and his heart beat steady and slow.

Mewtwo was almost there. He could feel it. He was in total peace. A place beyond silence. A place beyond joy. And he was going to a place with a large amount of both.

But suddenly, a ghastly wind chilled him. What? What’s happening? Mewtwo was purely confused, as for there was no way he could feel the wind at this point, let alone there be any wind in the cave to begin with. The Shadow Ball had faded over 30 minutes ago; any stray gales would have dispersed by now. And that’s when it struck him. The Shadow Ball had drawn something to him.

He tried not to struggle. He knew that would do no good. But he felt something creeping in. Wiggling into his very soul. A sharp pain struck his whole being, drilling into him. He concentrated hard, blocking out the pain. He pushed whatever was trying to force itself in out. Slowly, Mewtwo started to feel himself again. Slowly the peace and happiness came back, and the darkness was pushed away. Not wanting it to come back, he dipped away again into his peaceful state of mind. And, before he knew it, he was gone from the human world.

~*~*~*~

Jirachi and Deoxys both lay in the fresh green grass, gazing at the clouds above. “What’s that one look like to you Jirachi?” Deoxys asked, pointing to a lumpy cloud.

“Hmmm… I think it’s a Numel.” Jirachi responded. Jirachi scanned the skies for any other familiar shapes. While no clouds stood out to him, one thing did, a purple point in the sky. “What’s that, Deoxys?” he inquired of his friend. Deoxys looked at the point also.

“I don’t know…” he responded, getting to his feet. The point was growing bigger by the second. Deoxys squinted to try and distinguish any shape. As it came closer, features started to emerge. The first thing distinguishable was a long tail, which seemed totally still. The next thing that he could make out where limbs, long and thin. “Mewtwo!” Deoxys exclaimed, and if he could, he would have smiled.

In the air, Mewtwo opened his eyes. He looked around, and saw that he was falling from the sky. But this did not seem to phase him; in fact, he looked as calm as ever. He looked down, and saw two figures below him. One he recognized as an old friend, and one he had never seen before. As he approached the ground, he got out of his meditating position and stuck his feet straight down, with the right slightly bent. Mewtwo closed his eyes for but a second, and created a small dome around his lower body. The wind whipped against it, and slowed Mewtwo a good deal.

Mewtwo’s shield hit the ground, and shattered with him right behind it, totally unharmed. “Mewtwo!” Deoxys exploded with glee at the sight of his old friend. He raced over, and embraced Mewtwo in a big hug.

“Oh… Okay… Deoxys. I’m glad… to see… you too.” Mewtwo gasped, being choked by Deoxys’ strong arms.

“Uh… sorry.” Deoxys mumbled, embarrassed. He released Mewtwo from his grasp, and stepped back. Jirachi starred blankly at the two, still lost. “So… what happened while you were gone?” Deoxys asked a little awkwardly.

“It’s a long story, for another day. Right now, I need to sleep. If you need me, I’ll be at my cave.” Mewtwo replied. He turned to leave, but stopped before he got very far. “How rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. The name’s Mewtwo.” He extended a hand to Jirachi, who took it and shook.

“I’m Jirachi. Nice to meet you, I guess.” Jirachi responded, still a little baffled. Mewtwo turned away again, and disappeared. “Who is he?” Jirachi asked.

“Oh, just an old friend. In the meantime, you wanna go to the beach?” Deoxys suggested. Jirachi nodded, a large smile crossing his face.

shadowfiles

Your Average Person
Hmm...this is quite nice. I like the idea of a place where all the legendaries go; it seems to be pretty unique. I also think the way Mewtwo ended up in the place is also quite neat. Mewtwo here seems to well reflect the intelligent being he's supposed to be. Though, I never really thought of Deoxys as the peacefully conversing kind, but I suppose he could be in the prescence of others like him. Well anyways, I look forward to reading the rest of this! I think you're doing great so far!

John's Knight

The 1st Chapter is finally up! ;P
I loved Mewtwo's description, especially the meditating part. It's 'higher intelligence' was well shown as well.
As shadowfiles, I was surprised to see Deoxys as a happy and talkative pokemon.
Keep writing your fic (and updates *shot*)

Dream Breaker

The Accursed
*chucks cookies at Jeri*

They're me flavoured, just so you know.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the story. Usually, I don't enjoy stories centered around legendaries. I generally dislike them anyway, but they were portrayed as, erm, much more down-to-earth, I guess. I dunno, big egos, ultra super powers, supreme knowledge, bleh. I like how there were described and how their personalities were portrayed. Bottom line: it was very interesting.

Know on to the mechanics and general language and grammar you utilized. Description = fabulous. I could picture everything you wrote and it was just refreshing to see something as thought out in this place as this chapter. Just the right amount, in my opinion. The dialouge was very believeable, and was done correctly. There were a few comma mistakes, aka comma splices. Such as:

The small creature responded, without speaking.

That comma could be done with. Just watch that from now on. The tone of voice you used was nice; especially from Mewtwo's point of view. However, you used the word "phased" a few more times than necessary that you could have mixed up with different words that meant the same thing. Of course, it was near the end where you said you lost concentration.

Overall, I liked it very much.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
shadowfiles: Thank you. With Deoxys, I was trying to potray him as a calm and almost fatherly type. I don't want to spoil much, but this will eventually be turned around.

Frat: Yeah, I did. It took me about 4 days total to get the first chapter done.

John: Thanks a lot. Everything I have to say to you is in the response to shadowfiles. [fizzybubbles]And, about updates, I'll try to find time to do them in December. I've got a ton of stuff happening right now, and its hard for me to write them. I'd also like a few more people to reply, but the rest of my updatees seem to be inactive. Other than Haku... I'll have to prod him.[/fizzybubbles]

DB: *takes cookie and feeds it to Koi*

;352;: It tastes like flesh.

Thanks, I tried to personify them. The Anime and games don't tend to give you much of a view into their personalities, so I tried to make them up to the best of my ability.

Not meaning to brag, but I've always been compelmented on my vocabulary and description, the latter to a lesser extent. Eh, commas. They're *****y little things, aren't they?

Strange, I was trying not to overuse phased. And yeah. The end was a little shakey. If I decide to go back and re-write this at some point, that'd be a place I'd focus on.

The next chapter should be up soon-ish, but no promises. I'm quite busy, so getting it done is going to be hard for me.

So, just keep reviewing until I finish it!

~Jeri

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Disclamer: If you don't want to know who Jirachi finds on the seafloor, don't read the title. There's a good giveaway in it.
~Chapter Two~
The Prince, the Mansion, and the Pimps
Jirachi whipped around the beach, trailed by lumps of sparkling sand. Jirachi giggled as he flew around, doing flips and spins, the sand behind him copying his every move. He glided out over the glistening, almost rainbow colored water, skimming the surface. Some of the sand dipped below the water, still being held tightly together by its Psychic bind. Deoxys looked up from the ancient scroll he had been reading, and watched as Jirachi flew around the bay. “Don’t go too far.” He called to him before returning to his scroll.

Jirachi stopped and shouted back, “OKAY!” then continued to zip across the water.

As he raced along the surface, he gazed into the almost crystalline water. The sparkle of the sun reflected off the ocean below, and created a pattern of lights which resembled and aurora upon Jirachi’s body. Jirachi was happy, filled with joy. But, suddenly, that joy was gone, and replaced by a feeling of worry and fear. Something wasn’t right. And Jirachi knew it. Something compelled him to go towards the sun. His gut told him that this is where he needs to go. He dropped the balls of sand which were levitating behind him and rushed at full speed towards the sun.

He surveyed the water below, looking for something that even he did not know what it was. The light reflecting off the glassy surface made it hard to see much below, but Jirachi didn’t need sight. He started to send light waves of Psychic below him, and used them like echolocation, trying to find anything in pain or in need of help. After only releasing three, he found what he was looking for. A small body, no bigger than his, was lying, in pain, on the sea floor. He could tell the individual, whatever or whoever it was, was very powerful. Acting on impulse, he dove below the water, and rushed to the aid of the one he had detected before.

At the sandy bottom, a small creature was sprawled across the silt, nearly unconscious. Jirachi gasped, bubbles rising from his mouth. He quickly came to the aid of the Pokémon on the seafloor. Without much though, he swept up the crippled Pokémon, and flew off back towards the beach.

~*~*~*~
“Deoxys! Deoxys!” Jirachi shouted as he neared the shore. Deoxys threw down his scroll and quickly floated over to Jirachi, frantically yelling, “What? What? What’s wrong?!” Jirachi showed the crippled body of the Pokémon he found at the bottom of the sea. “The poor thing… What could have done this too him?” Deoxys mumbled, running his hand across the creature’s smooth skin. “Give me a wish tag, please.” Deoxys requested. “That’s not going to do anything. I can’t write a wish unless I know who this is.” Jirachi responded sorrowfully. Deoxys’ eyes saddened, and he thought for a second. “I know,” he replied almost instantly, “Let’s go see the Regis. They’re bound to know who this is.”

~*~*~*~
“This is where they live while… whoa.” Deoxys turned to look at what he was expecting to be an old temple. However, neither of them was expecting what stood before them. A gigantic mansion made of the finest marble, and studded with amber, sapphire, and diamonds. The doors, which stood about 7 feet tall, bore large, studded knockers which bore a small sculpture of the leader of the Regis, Regigigas. Still quite shocked, Deoxys reached for the knocker, and tapped the door once. The door swiftly flew open, and a large passage stood before him. He floated in, Jirachi in tow, holding the other Pokémon in his arms.

The inside of the mansion was equally as lavish. The floors were made out of black and white marble, in the pattern of a chessboard. In the middle, a red satin carpet sat, shining in the bright light of the shimmering, multicolored light coming from the many chandeliers hanging from the extremely high ceiling. “Wel-come to my palace of funk!” a monotone voice boomed through the cathedral-like room. Both Jirachi and Deoxys looked around to discover the source of the sound. In the front of the large hall, upon the staircase, Regigigas stood at a towering 14 feet. However, he looked odd to say the least. A huge, wide rimmed hat sat atop his head, and a gigantic feather, about the size of that from a Ho-oh, stuck from the top of it. A large white tiger striped fur coat was draped over his shoulders, and a gigantic cane was in his right hand. Both of the Psychics floated speechless and flabbergasted, staring blankly at Regigigas’ ridiculous outfit.

“Wassup my dawgs? How be ‘dat pimpin’?” Regigigas said in an awkwardly monotone voice. Neither responded, both of them still shocked. “What be wrong? Yous guys be all mopey. You gotta feel the funk. Experince the groove. Where’s my beeches?” the totem rambled monotonously. A door burst open to the left, and Regice came shuffling out, grasping a tray covered in various h’orderves. Shuffling over in his tight tuxedo, he slowly approached the two, and tried to offer them some food. “The blintz is a personal favorite.” Regice hinted in the same single pitch voice, which was much higher and wavier than Regigigas. Jirachi absentmindedly reached for a blintz, while Deoxys just grabbed whatever was closest, which happened to be a stuffed mushroom. Jirachi bit into the blintz, discovering it was cheese. But, besides the fact that it was stone cold due to Regice serving it, it was strange. He looked at the remainder of the pastry, and saw a piece of paper around the edge of the filling. Confused, he pulled it out, and unrolled it. It was a message in Braille, but since half of it was bitten off, let alone the fact that Jirachi couldn’t read Braille, it was illegible. “Come, come into ma pa-lor.” Regigigas spoke, motioning to a door opposite of the one Regice appeared from. Regice shuffled off back to where he came from, and the doors that he went back into shut with an audible slam.

The parlor was not as big; in fact, it was quite small in comparison. The walls, which rose a good 16 feet, were lined with books, mostly about pimps, being ghetto, gangster, and money. Regigias took a seat in a gigantic throne-like chair in the middle of the room, and set his mammoth cane to the side. He motioned to two much smaller chairs which were directly in front of him, and both Jirachi, still holding the Pokémon which they rescued, and Deoxys sat. “What is it that you be needin’?” Regigigas asked. “Uh. We need your hel-” Deoxys was cut off by the ringing of a gigantic phone next to Regigias. He awnsered it and started to speak loudly into the receiver. He put it down a minute later, and Regirock burst in through the doors on the right. Regirock was dressed very oddly, also. He was wearing a full French Maid outfit, complete with pink feather duster and cloth doily-tiara. He hobbled over to the wall, and climbed on the ladder. He started to rearrange the books on the wall at a shockingly fast speed.

Meanwhile, Regigigas sat in the chair, motionless, staring into space. “Re-regigigas?” Jirachi tried to catch his attention. Regigigas woke from his trance with a start. “Who? What? Der be no Regigigas here. Just the coolieoest Regipimp eveh!” he “exclaimed.” Both Jirachi and Deoxys looked totally stunned. “Regipimp” stood up and when through the doors to his right, and the two other Hoenn legends followed suit. As they left, Jirachi spotted half of the message that Regirock was trying to get by from the books. An h, part of an e, and the fragment of a u were the only visible letters on the wall, but before Regirock could finish, they left.

The doors slammed shut, and a large crash was heard in the previous room. This time they stepped into a large bedroom like area. A large, plush, white leopard skin sheet bed sat in the center, the round piece of furniture taking up a good deal of the room. A vanity, chest, and dresser where all forced up against the wall, which were all the same pattern. “Come on. Let’s get some funk on.” Regigigas droned, as he flipped a switch next to the doorway. The lights dimmed, and the ceiling opened up. The chandelier retreated into the ceiling and was replaced with a large metal ball. Registeel was tied to a rotating silver chain, and spun around, flailing. He started to glow, and Regigigas started to do odd, choppy dances. For a second, Deoxys could see an odd flocculation in the light. He seemed to be communicating something. I know… Deoxys though as he watched the light dim and grow bright again. “It’s Morse Code!” he exclaimed aloud by accident. “Jirachi. They want us to help them get out of here. You distract Regigigas while I get them.” Jirachi looked back at Deoxys. “I don’t think I’ll need to. I think he’s distracting himself.” Jirachi pointed at the giant nature-creature. He was in his own little world, twitching feverisly, and making a spleching sound like a fish out of water.

~*~*~*~
Outside the mansion, Jirachi and Deoxys had rallied up the Regis, gotten them out of their ridiculous costumes, and began asking about the Pokémon they had saved from the seafloor. “He seems familiar.” Regice commented. “He?” Jirachi asked. “Yeah. He. Something tells me that it’s a he.” Regice responded. “I agree, he seems to be familiar to me too.” Regirock added. “Maybe we can wake him up.” Registeel suggested. “That’s why we came here.” Deoxys responded. “I have a healing concoction that I carry with me.” Registeel announced. Out of thin air appeared a vile, which Registeel grasped. He took the cork out of the bottle, and started to poor a green, radiant liquid-gel on the creature. “What’s with Regigias?” Jirachi inquired while Registeel applied the remedy. “He’s gone insane.” Regice answered. “One day, he happened upon this strange book, and since then, he’s never been the same. He’s acting like what he calls a ‘pimp’.” Regirock added. “We’ve been made to do odd things. We have been trying to escape for a while, but, somehow, he snaps out of his mini-seizures only when we try and leave by ourselves.” Registeel finished.

“Ok. That should be enough. He should wake soon.” Registeel stated. Jirachi put the frail creature on the ground and waited patinely. In the meantime, he plucked a wish tag off his head, and started to move his finger across it. Sparkling Japanese appeared upon it like invisible ink appearing when exposed to acid and heat. “What’s that for?” Registeel asked. “It’s to help him when he wakes up.” Jirachi responded with a smile. After a few seconds, the Pokémon’s eyes opened. “He’s awake!” Jirachi exclaimed.

John's Knight

...Now that made me laugh XFD I'd never think of making Regigigas a pimp. Also, you described the pimp environment extremely well. Maybe you are one, Jeri? ;P jk
In the beginning, Deoxys continues acting like a father... can this be? It can't...or can it? It's impossible...OMG DEOXYS IS JERICHI'S FATHER!!1!1!

Now, I found some errors:

The sparkle of the sun reflected off the ocean below, and created a pattern of lights which resembled and aurora upon Jirachi’s body.

It should be "which resembled an aurora".

Regigias took a seat in a gigantic throne-like chair in the middle of the room, and set his mammoth cane to the side.

It should be Regigigas. You sometimes call it Regigigas, and sometimes you call it Regigias. There are more Regigias, but I won't copy all of them here ;P

I know… Deoxys though as he watched the light dim and grow bright again.

It should be "Deoxys thought".

Jirachi put the frail creature on the ground and waited patinely.

It should be "waited patiently".