• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 11th: PM2019 132 - The Finals IV: Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseph08

It blows my mind how much people have lowered their standards to the point they view Ash vs Leon as some sort of masterpiece battle.
How am I lowering my standards? This battle has been an absolute banger so far. It's already a top 3 battle for me and if it lands the ending, it might actually surpass Paul as my favorite in the series. No need to declare your disappointment as objective fact and get on a high horse about it.

Broseph08

I thought stuff like being unsatisfied but the teams development or the fact he’s not using reserves has already been discussed to death as things that yes do kinda suck leading into the M8 arc but some people want to enjoy the arc in spite of that, like we’ve accepted these issues a long time ago we just didn’t let it ruin the entire arc for us before it even started
I wanted the reserves used months ago but honestly, the Leon battle was always going to have the JN team used. Even people hoping for reserves in the M8 assumed that the JN team would be the one used in the final battle.

In the end, I'm actually glad they got their time to shine. Sirfetch'd has become one of my favorite Pokemon Ash has ever used after Cynthia and now Leon battles and Gengar is up there as well. The League arcs have always been where Ash's Pokemon made their legacy and this might be one of the few where everyone on the team had a good showing with good wins.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This entire forum just proves that nothing the writers do will ever appeal to a majority of the fanbase, except maybe the younger and new audience.

The anime never takes itself too seriously to write a convincing cohesive story since its mainly a fantasy so why not just go with what is made out to be.
The anime has operated with the idea that animation has to be strictly for kids, but it blatantly likes to put so many strange ideas into it to be entertaining (allegedly) that it's so nonsensical.

There's a good reason even grown-ups who have watched old cartoons look back fondly because, as it turned out, even the writers of those cartoons snuck stuff in that adults would laugh at while children would just giggle without realizing.

I mean, just look at this:

There's absolutely none of this in the anime...except maybe the Unovan Ampharos, but surely the animators and writers saw nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, children are smart. If a cartoon can actually appeal to older audiences, you got yourself a gold mine.

TheNewGuy

Totally worth it imo

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
To summarize these last few posts: people are okay with literally anything Journeys does as long as Ash achieves victory in the end. Poorly developed team? Nerfing Champions and their Pokemon? Ash being given several advantages in order to win? It's totally fine, apparently, because it goes in Ash's favor.
You didn't realize this after he won in Alola?

Zabilac

While I genuinely love Charizard, Infernape and Incineroar. I'm pretty sure having three fire types on a single team would be bad for Ash given that Leon could probably take them out/deal heavy damage with Inteleon alone.

Last edited:
While I genuinely love Charizard, Infernape and Incineroar. I'm pretty sure having three fire types on a single team would be bad for Ash given that Leon could probably take them out/deal heavy damage with Inteleon alone.
But as a wise person once said - Water types are totally weak against fire types.

Ryker101

I could see this going one of 4 ways
Kukui route = Pikachu beats Cinderace with gmax then Charizard in base form, the ideal outcome

Alain route = Pikachu beats Cinderace but loses to Charizard, disappointing but still a great fight

Tobias route = Pikachu draws with Charizard and Leon wins due to having Cinderace in the back, Ash still loses but defeats the undefeatable pokemon and have his moment still

Or none of the above lol

Last edited:

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
I still have a gut feeling that with Scarlett and Violet launching a week after this episode, which is typically when a new series starts and with absolutely nothing announced as a foolow-up to Journeys, that this episode isn’t just the finale to Journeys but the finale to the entire Pokemon anime.

Prove me wrong JN132.
Excuse me while I laugh at one corner, the only way the entire anime ends is when the Pokémon company announced that they wont be producing anymore game ( not gonna happen when it a literal cash cow) and announce that it will be the last Pokémon anime to be produce and aired or for some reason the company go under and the whole franchise ends. IT NOT GOING TO END before the game.
I could see this going one of 4 ways
Kukui route = Pikachu beats Cinderace with gmax then Charizard in base form, the ideal outcome

Alain route = Pikachu beats Cinderace but loses to Charizard, disappointing but still a great fight

Tobias route = Pikachu draws with Charizard and Leon wins due to having Cinderace in the back, Ash still loses but defeats the undefeatable pokemon and have his moment still

Or none of the above lol
I mean regardless the outcome, Ash is the winner as he is the only guy that took out Charizard (if Pikachu defeats him of course) and almost Leon full team, a feat that not of any champion is able to do.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Ash already defeated most of Leon’s team, so this battle is definitely nothing like the Tobias one, unless you mean they are going to end up in a tie, which is a weird suggestion for an outcome in a tournament of this proportions.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think Dracovish new ability did something that ****ed Cinderace.
Imagine a piece if this scale? got stock inside Cinderace and it either will poison him or grow and grow helping in defeating the rabbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.