• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 11th: PM2019 132 - The Finals IV: Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I swear the some of the fandom on this forum sound more like old boomers who fear change and cant fathom new ideas.
Hey! This offends me. Not because I’m almost a boomer (relatively speaking, I’m old, but not THAT old. But I am a Gen1’er) but because I’m the old guy who’s been saying the series has been headed for some major shakeup for…I don’t remember exactly how long, but it’s been a while.

/I’m not really offended. It just sounded good.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Honestly, i hate when shows do the "i am actually the strongest trainer, i just didn't want to partake on that world tournament", it just feels redundant and a complete asspull. But i guess that is the more likely route, since it's the easiest to write. I can see Paldea's champion beating Leon off-screen and then having Ash chase after them.

For me, i'd rather they focused more on an actual plot/storyline with heavy lore and interesting villains, than another tournament. There are also things we still haven't seen in the series like Ash meeting his father or actually beating Giovanni. Maybe Ash finally aging a little, ffs. I know it sounds crazy but what would be consider completely normal in other series, it's basically fanfic territory in this show.

Anyway, tho unlikely, i wouldn't be opposed to them heavily incorporating time travel/world hopping so we could see a glimpse into the characters' potential future (like they did with YW) or meet the original protagonists from other media as they'd be formidable opponents. It would make sense since SV seems to incorporate time travel on it's plot (and the multiverse has been estabilished long ago, but barely explored on the anime).

Trainers can simply and become better, so I don't see a reason why someone who does or does not enter the Pokemon World Championship can't simply lose or skip a season to become better and then enter. Everyone is always growing stronger. I doubt that Dande just stayed the same level between all of the seasons that he entered, he was simply growing stronger faster than everyone else...until someone grows stronger than him, faster.

The question is, can Satoshi grow stronger than he was when he defeated Shirona so much so that he can defeat Dande? Can a trainer from Paldea or some other region who either skipped this season of the PWC or maybe lost before the Masters Tournament do so? That's the question and the answer is always: hell yeah! The real question, though, is what is their personal story?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ouija? Is Ash performing a séance or something?
He's immortal for a reason!
The question is, can Satoshi grow stronger than he was when he defeated Shirona so much so that he can defeat Dande? Can a trainer from Paldea or some other region who either skipped this season of the PWC or maybe lost before the Masters Tournament do so? That's the question and the answer is always: hell yeah! The real question, though, is what is their personal story?
tbh the underlying question is "is it interesting or at least different enough to carry a potentially 3-year long series?" Sure the older gens were more formulaic, but they had the advantage of being in a fully new setting each time. Redoing a world tour but now with some Paldea stuff doesn't really sound like it could carry a series

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto

tbh the underlying question is "is it interesting or at least different enough to carry a potentially 3-year long series?" Sure the older gens were more formulaic, but they had the advantage of being in a fully new setting each time. Redoing a world tour but now with some Paldea stuff doesn't really sound like it could carry a series

I think it's possible! We just have to flesh out the other comeptitors and get viewers invested in one of them winning, which I think is the strength of the Kalos League and the weakeness of the 2019 series' PWC. I was totally invested in Alain winning the Kalos League and was very happy when he won. Similarly, for the Alola League I was totally invested in Satoshi winning it, something I am not for the PWC.

The problem with Dande is that he isn't really facing any trial, which I think is a shame. It would have been really exciting to really zoom in on and explore Dande's anxiety over keeping his winning-streak going, only for his battle against Satoshi to help him to realize that he actually doesn't mind losing to Satoshi, which then gives him the renewed spirit to defeat Satoshi and keep his streak going.

Dande can remain cool to the characters but for the audience in the real world we need to see that champion shaken more.

Xuxuba

Personally, i am done with the world tour format. They don't have to repeat a badge quest storyline, but at least focus properly on promoting and exploring the new region/games.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
My prediction: Pikachu and Charizard ends before the first half of the episode with Pikachu and Ash losing. Goodbyes and the end of Journeys will be in the second half of the episode.

seems kind of abrupt to just transition into a new anime with so little closure on the current one.

I dunno why they need to stay on schedule with the current games, it's not like other patterns weren't broken this saga either.

Ash had more of a motivation to win the Kalos League then Alain ever did. His motivation to win was for his team, all of years of loosing, for all the competitors who couldn’t make it, and for Serena.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
There isn't much to be honest, other than facing stronger trainers from different timelines/universes or facing deities like Arceus, but i doubt they are going for that storyline.
Or they change the direction of his goal: not being the best battler, but something else

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
This season was just not doing nostalgia right, because a huge thing like the PWC can't be ever repeated until the next 20 years.
Eh, there’s enough people who Ash didn’t battle, whom could easily make it into another PWC for him to face in a future tournament.

- The majority of Gym Leaders
- The majority of E4 members
- All Frontier Brains
- Everyone from Alola
- Lance, Alder, Diantha
- All Paldea trainers

Heck, they could even have the likes of Steven, Cynthia and Leon involved somewhere, but just have them beaten by people other than Ash. Just don’t have the likes of Nemona arrogantly saying how great she is compared to others, because honestly that’s one of the reasons I don’t care for Leon..

Oh.. and bring in the reserves!

Status
Not open for further replies.