• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 11th: PM2019 132 - The Finals IV: Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
LMAO I can't wait for Ash to win next week and see everyone here being so smug about him losing eat their words
I am still not quite sure whether he will win or not but just seeing Ash win infuriate people here gonna be so worth it honestly, I'm throwing my full towel behind Ash

Eternatus comes due to a resurgent of Galar particles, instead of being here to cause trouble it shows its excited by the battle and wants to see it in its glory and helps get rid of the storm brewing, as people of Galar see it isn't a monster and is redeemed. The excess in galar particles though did cause Leon's band to be recharged and enought to gigantamax pikachu. Leon recalls Charizard and gigantamaxes Cinderace straight away while Ash gigantamaxes Pikachu, they have an onslaught of Max moves but neither faints when the timer runs out. Both then brawl in their base form before Ash traps Cinderace in an electro web and beats it. Charizard then gets pulled out, mid card
We then get a fierce Ash vs Leon with the sakugafest we see in the preview (still can't get over how BEAUTIFUL it looks man, absolutely stunning) and Ash recounting his adventures so far, and finally showing us the long awaited companions, launches his final attack as Leon does for his. And then, Pikachu is the last one standing

Watch. Ash gonna come through, Pikachu gonna clutch it

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Everything about this battle has been about making up for XY, if he had any shot at losing there wouldn't be such heavy Kalos callbacks

He couldn't win in XY because he wasn't using his PARTNER, he was using a froggy that had those powers without working for them

But this? Greninja can now act as the series foreshadowing what Pikachu would be able to achieve two regions later

Now new viewers won't be confused when Pikachu's "DEM" activates next Friday
I kind of agree but Pikachu was still very important in the Kalos finals, defeating two pseudos

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I agree with some of the reasons for the salt if Ash wins, but I know some of it is because people didn't totally get over with the fact Fanfix Ash didn't win when he had the opportunity
And I'm not a XY hater

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Honestly

That attack Pikachu's doing might be Pika Papow.

1038px-LGPE_Pika_Papow.png

Goh may not be here but Let's Go's getting a last hurrah here too dammit.

....this is why the title is called Partner innit.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Honestly

That attack Pikachu's doing might be Pika Papow.

1038px-LGPE_Pika_Papow.png

Goh may not be here but Let's Go's getting a last hurrah here too dammit.

....this is why the title is called Partner innit.
I forgot those were a thing. Now I'm disappointed once more that Baddy Bad was never used by neither Lana or Chloe

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
These writers sure outdid themselves, in stupidity of course.

Imagine if they put the only well animated and tbh better than XY&Z 10 seconds into the preview and the rest of the episode is just Lance vs. Diantha tier stiff animation...
They probably brought out some of the best freelancers for this episode. Besides Oshida of course, think I saw Chikashi Kubota in there.
The last sequence with Leon and Ash is especially impressive.

I don't know exactly what battle standard people are using for " better than all of XY/Z and SM " when for me it's Ash vs Iris in JN that needs to be super seceded and am confident this episode can do. If it would be amazing if it could match episode 2 in terms which had cuts like these

Personally, I'm doubtful this episode will reach Ash vs Sawyer/Ash vs Alain and Ash vs Misty/Kiawe vs Brock levels, but who knows. I am sufficiently hyped, that's for sure.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Because Goh's not here now. So Leon having Cinderace is meant to have thematic resonance.

It's worth noting that the Dynamax theme did not play when Charizard Dynamaxed. Charizard. Cinderace is going to matter in this episode, and given what Ash said in Part 1 and the lack of Goh right now, it's going to be subbing in/representing the Ash vs. Goh battle that never happened.
Feels like a stretch to say Leon’s deserves to be the last one standing because Go isn’t here. Cinderace was going to matter regardless since he’d have to defeat it to win.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They probably brought out some of the best freelancers for this episode. Besides Oshida of course, think I saw Chikashi Kubota in there.
The last sequence with Leon and Ash is especially impressive.

I don't know exactly what battle standard people are using for " better than all of XY/Z and SM " when for me it's Ash vs Iris in JN that needs to be super seceded and am confident this episode can do. If it would be amazing if it could match episode 2 in terms which had cuts like these

Personally, I'm doubtful this episode will reach Ash vs Sawyer/Ash vs Alain and Ash vs Misty/Kiawe vs Brock levels, but who knows. I am sufficiently hyped, that's for sure.
I'm still surprised JN2 of all things got such good animation. I'd say XYZ35/SM144/JN2 are the ones that this one should strive to surpass

Status
Not open for further replies.