• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 11th: PM2019 132 - The Finals IV: Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazySpy

Kimty

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Whether Ash wins or loses here is honestly less interesting to me than the aftermath that would have to happen after this battle. This is a new world he's entered regardless if he wins, and I want the series to treat it as such.

Everyone can be hyped and speculate this, I'll just be on cruise-control until it's over and then buckle in.

Garbodor.

How I think the battle will turn out. Both Leon and Ash can use their gigantomax gimick again thanks to Mr Eternatus. Leon will gigantomax his cinderance and Ash his Pikachu. Pikachu takes out cinderace and then the final battle is between Pikachu and Charizard. After a great back and forth, a blaze powered charizard is taken out by a pikachu using the "pika papow" move fuelled by 20+ years of friendship between Ash and Pikachu.

Last edited:

Quinton

Writer at TheGamer, RPG Site, Nova Crystallis
I’m sort of 50/50. On the one hand, am I entirely happy with JN’s execution? No, far from it; I’ve made no secret of my dissatisfaction with how Ash got to the level he’s now at. But regardless of my feelings, he is there now; and he’s within closer striking distance of Leon than anyone else, regardless of my feelings toward that as well.

At the end of the day, I’d have preferred a better written and prepared triumph than this. But he’s here now, and as someone who has been watching Ash since I first learned what Pokémon was in the mid-90s, I’m pulling for him to win regardless. I’m not so petty as to hope he loses in the vain hope of seeing him get back here in a better fashion later.

Well said. Echoes my own thoughts.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How I think the battle will turn out. Both Leon and Ash can use their gigantomax gimick again thanks to Mr Eternatus. Leon will gigantomax his cinderance and Ash his Pikachu. Piakachu takes out cinderace and then the final battle between begins between Pikachu and Chrizard. Afer a great back and forth, a blaze powered charizard is taken out by a pikachu using the "pika papow" move fuelled by over 20+ years of friendship between Ash and Pikachu.
3 weeks.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Glad I'm not the one who actually thought of pika papow
Hmm, Ash's pose looks more like Catastropika to me, like he's just about to frickin' launch Pikachu. I know he doesn't have access to that, but it would be hilarious to see everyone in the audience's reactions to him doing that.

Guy100

I've said this in another comment section, but when dracovish was brought down by cinderace, Ash didn't seem at all too worried, sort making me feel that dracovish's hidden ability must have done something to cinderace.

It would be interesting if right after pikachu defeats charizard and leon summon cinderace, its already had fainted due to some type of special effect dracovish put on it.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Hope it’s not like the orange shuriken hype bait sht

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody have a chill from evolving strategies since Pikachu is ash's last pokemon and just used z move think it still has enough energy to fight Leon's last two pokemon

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
WAIT.

Pika Papow out of nowhere? Chloe's here for the final match? Chloe's Eevee can't/won't evolve? It uses Copycat to imitate the Eeveelutions' moves?

It's a Partner Eevee.

It's gonna see Pika Papow there and go "Awww kickass I wanna do this too." and learn all the Partner Eevee moves.

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
What's the deal with Pika Papow? Like, it's an LGPE exclusive move so it's weird to include it now (unless ofc the LGPE exclusive moves get added in the future), and its animation in that game is basically how Thunderbolt is shown in the games (bolt coming down from the sky) with no extra rainbow effects or anything unlike whatever super saiyan power Pikachu's getting in the preview. On the other hand I've no idea what else it could be. It could also just be one of those nameless power ups like the Dracovish "evolution" thing. But the title being "partner" really throws me off lmao. One week until the answer I suppose

Anyways Ash vs. Leon is already one of the best full battles, feels weird to say this after being pessimistic about the battle for a while. Better pacing than Ash vs Kukui imo (Mr. Rime's battles did feel a bit slow tho), and every Pokemon was able to contribute which is a step up from Cynthia where two mons contributed very little. Even Sirfetch'd did work by removing Psychic Terrain and getting a Meteor Assault on Rillaboom. Animation goes from meh (again, all of Mr. Rime's battles were really stiff) to around Ash vs. Paul level, and looks like we're getting treated to XY&Z tier animation next week which is huge. Its main flaws rn is that Ash is getting handed extra gimmicks to use which makes Ash winning the battle a bit questionable, and the atrocious portrayal of Leon's power level throughout the series especially in the M8, but in a vacuum and ignoring JN's issues as a whole, the battle can easily be argued to be the best full battle if this final episode is anything like the ending of Ash vs. Paul, Ash vs. Kukui etc. Hopefully the ending is actually satisfying though cuz I'd argue JN hasn't made a solid ending to an Ash battle since Ash vs. Bea and mayyybe Cynthia.

for the record my money is on Ash winning. He already broke the curse of losing the finale League of each season in SM and has already beaten the best trainers in the anime prior to JN in Steven and Cynthia, so why stop here? Ash is getting extra gimmicks to break even with Leon. the rest of the battle pretty much writes itself; Eternatus recharges Dynamax bands, Pikachu and Cinderace have a G-Max battle to reference Goh, clash between G-Max Fireball and G-Max Volt Crash, Pikachu wins and then Pikachu and Charizard start their final battle. Emotional conversation that references Ash's journey and friendship with Pikachu, flashbacks to highlights of his journey, and cameos the remaining companions, maybe even Goh and Gary watching while on their PM expedition. Then, an intense fast paced final fight comparable to the heights of XY&Z. Pikachu does his rainbow Pika Papow/Volt Tackle/Thunderbolt while Type: Wild is playing, idk they like playing that during Ash's major victories against Paul and Kukui. Smoke clears, Charizard falls, Ash wins! This will probably be basically how the battle will go, there is potential for Charizard and Cinderace to switch here in the timeline of events though to make G-Max Volt Crash the finisher instead and play up the connection to Goh.

If Ash loses here, that's just cruelty from the writers on another level and even worse than resetting Ash in BW and losing to a Snivy or the Kalos League Victory incident. Who cares if it makes sense with power scaling or anything, this is Pikachu's greatest battle yet and if this goes off, no one will question his power level being weak for losing to a Snivy or something. Definitely the ending that Ash and Pikachu deserve after almost 20 years of losing leagues and 25 years of the anime

Everything about this battle has been about making up for XY, if he had any shot at losing there wouldn't be such heavy Kalos callbacks

He couldn't win in XY because he wasn't using his PARTNER, he was using a froggy that had those powers without working for them

But this? Greninja can now act as the series foreshadowing what Pikachu would be able to achieve two regions later

Now new viewers won't be confused when Pikachu's "DEM" activates next Friday
Greninja free rent head? better continue cope 3 more years because Ash will continue with us and Greninja will reappear troll hater

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
The only way they can save this subpar finale is if Pikachu electrocutes Charizard, forcing Leon to recall it & Cinderace is called out & uses Libero to turn into Ground-type. Ash improvises & has Pikachu win by causing Cinderace alot of damage through HJK missing a few times. An Iron Tail/QA to finish it off.

Now both Pikachu & Charizard have suffered substantial damage but after a long fight, Pikachu HAS to use an Iron Tail infused with Thunderbolt to finish Charizard off.

I swear I’ll be just as pissed off of Ash losing as him defeating Charizard with a base Iron Tail attack like on MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.