• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 11th: PM2019 132 - The Finals IV: Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I doubt it'll be B Thunderbolt. Ash's ~4 month spotlight in Masters is over and it'd be weird to highlight this as potentially the deciding factor of this match but not have it available for the audience currently. Plus I think Pikachu has enough to its name that it doesn't need another rare/exclusive tool.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I love how people went from GMax Pikachu to Pika Papow (what a dumb name) to Buddy Thunderbolt from Masters. Next it’s going to be Castropika or Thunder Armor.
Thunder Armor will be when Pikachu terastalizes

What makes me still believe on Pika Papow is because its concept is exactly being a fifth move

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Who is the strongest Jojo?

Jonathan or Giorno.

By some of yall logic, Jonathan is the strongest. I am crying ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

same applies for Leon and Ash respectively

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
How? Dont you need a thunderstone? You think pikachu is going to telepathically tell Ash it's time to evolve me so we can win this? lol
hasn't Ash been carrying a thunderstone around since the battle with Lt. Surge? He can just chuck it at pikachu when he's busy using thunderbolt.

Definitely won't happen though lol

jrizza88

Meteorite
Team Rocket took that stone away during sinnoh, and likely sold it off, Ash made no attempt to get it back either.
lol welp. One thing I wonder is if that legendary monster up in the sky somehow triggers pikachu to do that new crystalize mechanic and become part ground type to resist the fire attacks of Charizard and Aceburn. lol
this.. or Ash loses and somehow Leon invites Ash to use his strongest reserves in a rematch and points out he has seen videos of Pikachu and his prior main stars (Charizard, Sceptile, infernape, Greninja, and either Krookodile or Lucario or Negandel?! lol). That way they are back to only using one gimmick each and Pikachu beats Charizard this time with everyone shining without needing mega, dynamax, etc to help Ash win.

Highly doubtful, but would do justice and probably make all the fans happy if this was the plot twist to get Ash the win and this current battle really just being their second rival battle. Please don't flag me :')

phantasystar69

Now, this is obviously just my opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but we can still be friends and agree to disagree.

Win or lose, this battle is now going to negatively effect the Anime moving forward.

If Ash wins, it is going to have to be some type of plot armor. The only realistic way he can win this is by gaining an extra G-Max for Pikachu. Pikachu has to defeat a completely fresh Charizard and a hardly damaged Cinderace that he is ineffective against. That means in order to beat Leon, he needed to use 2 G-Max, 1 Z Move, and 1 Mega evolution. That just doesn't make this a clean win in my opinion.

If Ash loses, you either replace him or have him go to the next region where the only thing left for him is to eventually rematch Leon. That doesn't need to be an entire anime series.

Here is what I would like to happen (again my opinion). Ash should lose to Leon with the current scenario (They definitely could of/should of had dracovish and sirfetch'd defeat or nearly defeat cinderace). It will be a really close battle and Leon will welcome Ash to a rematch. There are still episodes left in this series, so Ash should rematch and defeat Leon using Pikachu and his reserves. Ash becomes the top battler and they can move on to a new story.

ShadowForce720

Now, this is obviously just my opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but we can still be friends and agree to disagree.

Win or lose, this battle is now going to negatively effect the Anime moving forward.

If Ash wins, it is going to have to be some type of plot armor. The only realistic way he can win this is by gaining an extra G-Max for Pikachu. Pikachu has to defeat a completely fresh Charizard and a hardly damaged Cinderace that he is ineffective against. That means in order to beat Leon, he needed to use 2 G-Max, 1 Z Move, and 1 Mega evolution. That just doesn't make this a clean win in my opinion.

If Ash loses, you either replace him or have him go to the next region where the only thing left for him is to eventually rematch Leon. That doesn't need to be an entire anime series.

Here is what I would like to happen (again my opinion). Ash should lose to Leon with the current scenario (They definitely could of/should of had dracovish and sirfetch'd defeat or nearly defeat cinderace). It will be a really close battle and Leon will welcome Ash to a rematch. There are still episodes left in this series, so Ash should rematch and defeat Leon using Pikachu and his reserves. Ash becomes the top battler and they can move on to a new story.

Actually even if both Ash and Leon didn’t get a 2nd Dynamax Charge so that can Gigantamax for a 2nd time Ash and Pikachu could still beat both Leon’s Charizard and his Cinderace as it doesn’t look Pikachu is in that bad of shape and the remaining part of its battle with Charizard will probably just ge in their base stage.

Now as to how Pikachu can beat Cinderace that can change its type it’s actually not that hard considering Ash and Pikachu now know what they are up against.

For instance Pikachu can use its speed to dodge Scorching Sand and hit Cinderace with a Iron Tail and/or Quick Attack and then when Cinderace eventually hits Pikachu with Iron Head it could trigger Pikachu’s ability static Paralyzing it.

After this as the battle goes on Cinderace could try to use High Jump Kick on Pikachu but Pikachu dodges which causes Cinderace to take damage and then Pikachu follows up with a Thunderbolt.

Cinderce tries to counter this by using Scorching Sands to switch to a Ground type but it’s paralysis stop it from being able to do so causing it to be hit by Thunderbolt and take damage.

I mean heck when you really look at it Cinderace is very likely a glass cannon in that although it is extremely strong and fast it doesn’t have good defense.

As for Leon’s Charizard since it’s pretty much stuck in its base form and as Pikachu likely has gotten a lot stronger since the last time they fought, although Charizard will likely be able to put up a fight Pikachu could be able to beat it.

Really the only reason why Pikachu is going to Gigantamax here is to counter G-Max Cinderace.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto

They could just have someone be stronger than Satoshi. Have Satoshi lose in the first episode of a new region to be reminded that there is always someone stronger and being the best means constant dedication to improving. That then gives Satoshi the quest to ask himself WHY he wants to be the best or if he just wants to improve, win, lose or draw.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Leon has years of experience compared to Ash. If he wins, that's just not a clean win in my opinion, because how was Ash ever supposed to catch up in terms of battling experience to someone who was 5-10 years older?

People are just desperately trying any way they can think to discredit Ash's victory if he does win here.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Excuse me while I laugh at one corner, the only way the entire anime ends is when the Pokémon company announced that they wont be producing anymore game ( not gonna happen when it a literal cash cow) and announce that it will be the last Pokémon anime to be produce and aired or for some reason the company go under and the whole franchise ends. IT NOT GOING TO END before the game.
That is the main argument I’ve come up with as well to go against my own prediction but they could still reboot it with a new lead. That seems likely as there isn’t really anywhere to take Ash agter the Masters Tournament, particularly if he wins.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
You probably haven't heard, but the online TV scheduling guide doesn't have this episode marked as the final episode of Journeys (it normally marks the final episodes of a series with a specific kanji), so that means we're getting at least one more episode, if not more, after this.
They also have usually announced something tying into the next mainline games. Journeys was announced was few months ahead lf Sword and Shield’s release. 2 weeks before Scarlet and Violet and nothing, not even something to suggest Journeys continuing into Paldea.
They’ve mostly concluded the Journeys storyline that they established so that itself would indicate some form of ending, and with the absence of any word on any continuation series it feels like it is the end.

As I said before, prove me wrong JN132.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
People talk about how Ash needs hax to win this, but I think Leon needed it to keep things fairly even. Without Lucario getting paralyzed, it would have killed half of Leon's team tbh. Leon would have been forced to drag Charizard out earlier to deal with it.
Leon's main tactic was mainly wear Ash's team off. I don't believe lucario surviving to dragapult would make difference.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Excuse me while I laugh at one corner, the only way the entire anime ends is when the Pokémon company announced that they wont be producing anymore game ( not gonna happen when it a literal cash cow) and announce that it will be the last Pokémon anime to be produce and aired or for some reason the company go under and the whole franchise ends. IT NOT GOING TO END before the game.
There is a counter argument to that, though. Actually, there are a few.

The main counter argument is that they don't need to air a weekly anime anymore. They can still create animated content, but they can deliver it directly to audiences now without having to worry about TV Networks. Pokemon has been been doing a lot more of this with Twilight Wings, Hisuian Snow, and PokeToons.

And one of the benefits of this is that they can release these videos in English and Japanese at the same time to reach a larger audience. This also ties in better with the ways the games are released now. One drawback of the current anime is that it no longer fits how Pokemon games are released. The delay for Western audiences worked when games were released in Japan first, but that changed with Gen 6.

As I said before, prove me wrong JN132.
The series isn't ending JN132.

Status
Not open for further replies.