• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 11th: Streaming Live! The Satoshi VS Dande Support Special

Soniman

Break the Limit
and all that the Z-move apparently did was create an explosion to attract Eternatus and probably allow an extra use of Gmax, since Charizard doesn’t seem at all weakened continuing into the next episode..
Also prevented Pikachu from being instantly KO’d by an attack it would probably not have been able to avoid

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There's one difference you're missing. Leon at his current full power is still at a healthy lead at the end of part 3 against Ash at full power regardless of what gimmicks are/were used. There's definitely going to be some major DEM next week to let Ash come back from a 1-2 disadvantage with a weakened Pikachu against two healthy Pokemon.
Wait till we actually watch the episode?
Even Ash was in the lead at first, its a see-saw battle, it isnt out of the realm for pikachu to clutch this, he isnt as damaged as people claim he is

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The only way, or I guess the best way, I can see Cinderace being taken out is Leon can't just redo G-max Charizard and thus has to G-Max Cinderace which G-Max Pikachu beats.
Really odd that Leon's Charizard didn't get a single victory in the Ash wins scenario

Pikachu > Charizard makes sense, I think Pikachu is currently the strongest Pokémon in the world after a long time of training

Pikachu was already stronger than Mega Metagross, but Mega Metagross is very fast, so impressively Pikachu beat him only with Iron Tail, so beating Charizard is not strange.

Anyway, Pikachu lost to Grapploct recently thanks to some good strategy from Bea, and that doesn't make Pikachu any weaker.

So yes, powerscaling can affect but there are many more things in a Pokémon battle. For example

The speed (Greninja, Metagross)
The Power (Charizard, Star Assault sirfetch'd)
The Aura (Lucario)
status effects
The different strategies (Grapploct, Destiny Bond)

Then, @SerGoldenhandtheJust is rigth, we have to wait for the battle to see what Pikachu can do. maybe a grand strategy.

AJ97

The only way, or I guess the best way, I can see Cinderace being taken out is Leon can't just redo G-max Charizard and thus has to G-Max Cinderace which G-Max Pikachu beats.
Really odd that Leon's Charizard didn't get a single victory in the Ash wins scenario
I think the reason they did this is to keep the end result unpredictable. As you said, I too can't see Charizard going down without a single win, especially considering it's the strongest trainer-owned Pokemon in the world. However, if they had Charizard take out Dracovish for example, it would've easier to predict Pikachu could potentially turn things around with 2 wins. However now, disregarding spoilers; the end result is really unpredictable. Or rather, you could say the possibility of Ash winning seems very low; so if the writers do decide to give him a win, it would genuinely be a surprise.

Pikachu > Charizard makes sense, I think Pikachu is currently the strongest Pokémon in the world after a long time of training
If Pikachu defeats Charizard then sure. However "Long time of training" makes no sense as we can assume Leon's Charizard has received far more training and much higher quality training than Pikachu.
1) Leon is much older than Ash and started with Charmander.
2) Leon has been the PWC Champion, Galar Champion and has been facing much stronger competition compared to Ash who for the first time, is fighting trainers of such caliber.
Pikachu was already stronger than Mega Metagross, but Mega Metagross is very fast, so impressively Pikachu beat him only with Iron Tail, so beating Charizard is not strange.
Not true.
1) Dracovish inflicted serious Damage at the start. It was significant enough for Steven to withdraw his ace.
2) The Z-Move also hit Metagross.
Anyway, Pikachu lost to Grapploct recently thanks to some good strategy from Bea, and that doesn't make Pikachu any weaker.

So yes, powerscaling can affect but there are many more things in a Pokémon battle. For example

The speed (Greninja, Metagross)
The Power (Charizard, Star Assault sirfetch'd)
The Aura (Lucario)
status effects
The different strategies (Grapploct, Destiny Bond)

Then, @SerGoldenhandtheJust is rigth, we have to wait for the battle to see what Pikachu can do. maybe a grand strategy.
You forgot about the "Power of Friendship" lol.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If Pikachu defeats Charizard then sure. However "Long time of training" makes no sense as we can assume Leon's Charizard has received far more training and much higher quality training than Pikachu.
1) Leon is much older than Ash and started with Charmander.
2) Leon has been the PWC Champion, Galar Champion and has been facing much stronger competition compared to Ash who for the first time, is fighting trainers of such caliber.
Doesn't matter how high-quality the training you get is. There are physical limits to strength. After that, the only thing you can improve is tactics and strategy, which both follow the Rock-Paper-Scissors model, i.e., all of them have a weakness that can be easily exploited by a different tactic or strategy.

AJ97

Doesn't matter how high-quality the training you get is. There are physical limits to strength. After that, the only thing you can improve is tactics and strategy, which both follow the Rock-Paper-Scissors model, i.e., all of them have a weakness that can be easily exploited by a different tactic or strategy.
Okay then why can't Charizard overpower Eternamax Eternatus?

The concept of levels does not exist in the anime. It was briefly referred to by the only female character in the anime Ash should some kind of Physical attraction to in the OG series. However, the concept clearly isn't applicable anymore.

TheWanderingMist

Okay then why can't Charizard overpower Eternamax Eternatus?

The concept of levels does not exist in the anime. It was briefly referred to by the only female character in the anime Ash should some kind of Physical attraction to in the OG series. However, the concept clearly isn't applicable anymore.
...where in the world did you get levels from? I meant literally, there are hard physical limits. Charizard can't overpower Eternamax Eternatus because it's not so much a Pokemon as it is a boss monster.

AJ97

...where in the world did you get levels from? I meant literally, there are hard physical limits. Charizard can't overpower Eternamax Eternatus because it's not so much a Pokemon as it is a boss monster.
There's no way in hell a Tiny Pikachu should be able to survive multiple stab attacks from a Mega Metagross...
There's no way in hell a Tiny Pikachu should be able to bring a Latios (A legendary Pokemon Down).

The concept of limitations don't explicitly exist in the anime. Pokemon can keep getting infinitely strongest as per what the plot requires. If the plot wants, they can scale Pikachu to be strong enough to trade blows with Mewtwo and the same also applies to Leon's Charizard against Eternatus.

Charizard technically shouldn't even be able to last a second against Base Eternatus if you look at it rationally; however, that isn't the case. In fact, Leon's base Charizard overpowers Eternatus and now we can assume Pikachu is going to trade equal blows with the same Charizard that did this.

All these arbitrary limits from rationality you've established are based on your own headcanon. All Pokemon have infinite
potential in the anime.

TheWanderingMist

There's no way in hell a Tiny Pikachu should be able to survive multiple stab attacks from a Mega Metagross...
There's no way in hell a Tiny Pikachu should be able to bring a Latios (A legendary Pokemon Down).
No, this is irrational bias based on game logic, which I at no point said or even implied. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Size has nothing to do with strength or endurance. Neither does being Legendary. There are no base stats in the anime to limit them that way. That doesn't mean Pokemon don't have limits. Even in Journeys, they acknowledged Ash's Pikachu would be stronger physically if it evolved into Raichu.

AJ97

No, this is irrational bias based on game logic, which I at no point said or even implied. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Size has nothing to do with strength or endurance. Neither does being Legendary. There are no base stats in the anime to limit them that way. That doesn't mean Pokemon don't have limits. Even in Journeys, they acknowledged Ash's Pikachu would be stronger physically if it evolved into Raichu.
Yet Ash's Pikachu currently should likely be stronger than every single Raichu in the Pokemon Universe lol....
The anime has also gone on to show that you don't need evolution to get stronger etc.

This rational logic you're trying to spew here simply doesn't apply in the context of things. The simple fact is, Plot dictates how strong a Pokemon is in the anime. Regardless of species, experience, who owns it or whatever. If the writers want, they could write a Pidgey to be stronger than Moltress in the anime context.

Leon thought he hit the ceiling while training with Charizard because he was unbeatable and there was literally nobody out there that could beat him. Then he fought Eternamax Eternatus and realised that there was a still a huge gap where he felt powerless; and he has lot of room for improvement.

There simply is no cap to Pikachu's strength. Pikachu could be as strong as Eternamax Eternatus tomorrow and they can introduce some new species of Pokemon that is 1000 times stronger than Eternamax Eternatus if they wanted to.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Yet Ash's Pikachu currently should likely be stronger than every single Raichu in the Pokemon Universe lol....
The anime has also gone on to show that you don't need evolution to get stronger etc.

This rational logic you're trying to spew here simply doesn't apply in the context of things. The simple fact is, Plot dictates how strong a Pokemon is in the anime. Regardless of species, experience, who owns it or whatever. If the writers want, they could write a Pidgey to be stronger than Moltress in the anime context.

Leon thought he hit the ceiling while training with Charizard because he was unbeatable and there was literally nobody out there that could beat him. Then he fought Eternamax Eternatus and realised that there was a still a huge gap where he felt powerless; and he has lot of room for improvement.

There simply is no cap to Pikachu's strength. Pikachu could be as strong as Eternamax Eternatus tomorrow and they can introduce some new species of Pokemon that is 1000 times stronger than Eternamax Eternatus if they wanted to.
I agree for the most part, but it has been implied throughout the series that Pikachu would be EVEN stronger as a Raichu, but as you said, that doesn't have to be the case necessarily since Ash probably has the best Pikachu that exists lol.

TheWanderingMist

I agree for the most part, but it has been implied throughout the series that Pikachu would be EVEN stronger as a Raichu, but as you said, that doesn't have to be the case necessarily since Ash probably has the best Pikachu that exists lol.
Thanks for this which is exactly what I was saying but that guy was ignoring in favor of some weird headcanon he insisted I had.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Thanks for this which is exactly what I was saying but that guy was ignoring in favor of some weird headcanon he insisted I had.
I think people have a hard time understanding that Ash's Pikachu is nothing like the ones in the game lol. Everyone knows even the anime characters that Ash's Pikachu is special compared to other ones lol. Or at least it is implied. I think Pikachu is the only non fully evolved pokemon in the entire tournament.