• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 13th: PM2019 045 - Sword & Shield IV: The Ultimate Sword and Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Instead we'd have even longer panning shots, 10 minutes of recaps, and like 2 minute openings, so we'd only have like 5 minutes of new episode content per episode
Andddddd.... 20 times more filler arcs.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Andddddd.... 20 times more filler arcs.
I wish Toei did more filler arcs. At least that'd make it so the canon arcs don't overstuff their episodes with tasteless filler.
...I'm not sure if this is similarly bad or worse, considering this is Pokemon, which would totally love to do this format.
The One Piece Dressrosa arc lasts 102 chapters in the manga, while it lasts 116 episodes in the anime

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Toei used to be good.

Their work on Saint Seiya back on the 80's was very solid specially for its time.

And now I'm interested in Precure...but why Precure of all things?

That's just BIG guesswork of mine but...

First of all PreCure is their creation, as in, it's not an adaption of something created by something else like the Shonen Jump stuff (Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, One Piece) or Sailor Moon. Thus it kind helps them make more money.

And second - and actually the most important one - it makes them lots of money because of how well its stuff sells.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Toei used to be good.

Their work on Saint Seiya back on the 80's was very solid specially for its time.

That's just BIG guesswork of mine but...

First of all PreCure is their creation, as in, it's not an adaption of something created by something else like the Shonen Jump stuff (Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, One Piece) or Sailor Moon. Thus it kind helps them make more money.

And second - and actually the most important one - it makes them lots of money because of how well its stuff sells.
Tbh even by DBZ they were really bad at padding out episodes, mostly through staredowns.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
And now I'm interested in Precure...but why Precure of all things?

PreCure is owned by Toei Animation but further more the staff who work on it are big time bishoujo Otaku so the franchise has a legacy of attracting bishoujo fans and the fans who work on the series push for extra quality through their own sacrifice. Animators who like drawing cute girls work on the series and skilled directors also work on the series, which helps attracted skilled animators.

Tiger Mask W is probably the best series that Toei Animation has done. It's 38 episodes and while the series director isn't anyone special (Komura Toshi'aki) the character designer is Kagawa Hisashi, a pretty popular character designer and animator. From what I've heard it was Kagawa who really pushed for the series to look as good as it did. Numerous skilled key animators worked on the series consistently, turning in dense action or character acting scenes. Furthermore, the series has numerous skilled episode directors and storyboard artists. Kamatani Haruka (of PreCure fame) storyboarded and directed numerous big episodes. Watanabe Koudai did animation supervision, animation and also storyboarded the last episode (it was his debut as a storyboard artist). He teamed with Kamatani, basically becoming the Hayashi Yuuki (Kyousougiga character designs) to Matsumoto Rie (Kyousougiga, and the recent Pokemon music video).

But yeah, PreCure is big. I think the staff just plain like working on series where they get to draw cute girls and battle scenes. Furthermore, the series gets to sneak in progressive politics, too.

Reactions: i2i

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
We may not have anything after all cause apparently the summary and VA list have come out blank on the TV Tokyo site.

Status
Not open for further replies.