• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 16th: SM50 - Sauboh Strikes Back! Starcloud Gets Abducted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I dont know but lusamine acting so lovey dovey and caring mother makes me think that she is cooking some evil plot inside and will be the major villain.

Prior to today's episode, her acting lovey dovey might have raised suspicions regarding her true motives, but after seeing today's episode, I'm pretty sure she's completely sane and loves her kids. She felt very remorseful when Gladion scolded her for her negligence, and hugged Lillie with tears.

As I've said (and a few others), I can see her unknowing losing her sanity when she's in Ultra Space, but for now, I'm sure she's not corrupted yet.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
What the heck kind of dance is Faba doing at the end? It's like he's in the middle of transforming into a magical girl.

DatsRight

Prior to today's episode, her acting lovey dovey might have raised suspicions regarding her true motives, but after seeing today's episode, I'm pretty sure she's completely sane and loves her kids. She felt very remorseful when Gladion scolded her for her negligence, and hugged Lillie with tears.

As I've said (and a few others), I can see her unknowing losing her sanity when she's in Ultra Space, but for now, I'm sure she's not corrupted yet.

Yeah, I don't see the games plot ending in the next handful of episodes, and Lusamine being the villain but in a more kid-family 'sympathetic but flawed parent that's only brainwashed' setup would be more likely.

Faba might be competing with the TRio as show stealing antagonists here, he's more powerful AND he's a hammy magical-girl wannabe (he caught Nebby in a freaking butterfly net too, what an anticlimax). Wonder what role the three can play in all this.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Possibly but I see Nebby's powers going to opening the wormhole imo.

But that's precisely what happened in the games though.

Cosmog was implied to evolve into Cosmeom as a result of using all of its powers. Which is probably why its a cocoon to even begin with that doesn't move and barely seems alive.

So I'm not seeing WHY Cosmog wouldn't be evolving here.

Rajas

But that's precisely what happened in the games though.

Cosmog was implied to evolve into Cosmeom as a result of using all of its powers. Which is probably why its a cocoon to even begin with that doesn't move and barely seems alive.

So I'm not seeing WHY Cosmog wouldn't be evolving here.

He probably will but it may happen in like episode 52 imo, where Ash goes to meet Solgaleo and instead meets the tapus. I just meant he won't evolve in this specific episode.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
He probably will but it may happen in like episode 52 imo, where Ash goes to meet Solgaleo and instead meets the tapus. I just meant he won't evolve in this specific episode.
I think dman_dustin and others are right: Cosmog will evolve into Cosmoem at the end of this episode, as a result of Faba using its powers to open an Ultra Wormhole. As dman_dustin said, that's precisely what happens in the games. Additionally, the summary for SM51 states that Ash seeks out Hala's advice in part because Nebby won't move. That sounds to me like Cosmog has evolved into Cosmoem and is immobile because of it.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

They aren't going to show Cosmog skipping an evolution like that. There is no point in doing this and they will have to showcase Cosmoem for a bit as well. Cosmoem will just stay like that for one episode and then the Tapus will bring it to its final stage.

Last edited:

Rajas

I think dman_dustin and others are right: Cosmog will evolve into Cosmoem at the end of this episode, as a result of Faba using its powers to open an Ultra Wormhole. As dman_dustin said, that's precisely what happens in the games. Additionally, the summary for SM51 states that Ash seeks out Hala's advice in part because Nebby won't move. That sounds to me like Cosmog has evolved into Cosmoem and is immobile because of it.

Mmmm that is possible I suppose, I did forget that it does not move so maybe they're right.

They aren't going to show Cosmog skipping an evolution like that. There is no point in doing this and they will have to showcase Cosmoem for a bit as well. Cosmoem will just stay like that for one episode and then the Tapus will bring it to its final stage.

That sonds plausible as well, guess we'd have to wait and see. Now that I think about it, it could truly be the case.

CabochonJaw

Faba's pretending to be a magical girl, while Lillie is giving me Elmyra flashbacks. So tell me, who is the villian again?

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia

There's a possibility she's still insane and loves her children. In the games Lillie and Gladion ran away from her and stole "her" Pokemon (Nebby and Null). She hated them because in her mind they "rejected her love". So just because she's acting all nice to her children doesn't make her any less crazy, she just doesn't have a reason that triggers her hatred for them at the moment.

noakai

There's a possibility she's still insane and loves her children. In the games Lillie and Gladion ran away from her and stole "her" Pokemon (Nebby and Null). She hated them because in her mind they "rejected her love". So just because she's acting all nice to her children doesn't make her any less crazy, she just doesn't have a reason that triggers her hatred for them at the moment.

Gladion already stole Silvally and ran away and Lillie's been rejecting her and yelling at her all season so far. If those were going to be her triggers in the anime, she would have already lost it.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Gladion already stole Silvally and ran away and Lillie's been rejecting her and yelling at her all season so far. If those were going to be her triggers in the anime, she would have already lost it.
That's assuming Lusamine was actually aware Gladion had stolen Silvally prior to today's episode, and it seemed she wasn't. In fact, given what I understood of the conversation between her and Gladion, it seemed she wasn't even that familiar with Faba's "Beast Killer" project. She may not have been aware of what Type: Null was actually created for. She can't have much attachment to a creature whose existence she barely remembered, so she would have no reason to be angry with Gladion for stealing Silvally.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
The anime is for younger kids, so writers can't let Lusamine be "evil mother."
Lusamine being evil mother would cause younger kids to think their mothers hate them.. That would not good.
That's why Lusamine's anime counterpart is different from game one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Lusamine being evil mother would cause younger kids to think their mothers hate them.. That would not good.

If they can kill Stoutland, they can have Lusamine go insane and evil. It's not aimed at 3-year-olds, just children in general, like a G-rated movie (ex: Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Aladdin, etc.).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So much for evil Lusamine. lol
Too late for her to get possessed now, Nebby will be fully evolved when they rescue her.

Go Faba, best anime villain since TG!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I never understood this logic. If the anime promotes the games, then why dumb down the thing you are advertising?

Go Faba, best anime villain since TG!

I hate that we have yet another evil scientist being the at the helm of antagonist plot. At least Cyrus, Colress, and Lysandre have known motivations. What is Faba's again?

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Gonna be interesting to see Lillie's dynamic with Litten once it evolves into Incineroar.

desdar300

The same kids watching the anime are the same ones playing the games .

SinnohEevee

I never understood this logic. If the anime promotes the games, then why dumb down the thing you are advertising?

I hate that we have yet another evil scientist being the at the helm of antagonist plot. At least Cyrus, Colress, and Lysandre have known motivations. What is Faba's again?

Because that would require more efforts.

Faba is working for Necrozma.

Status
Not open for further replies.