• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 16th: SM50 - Sauboh Strikes Back! Starcloud Gets Abducted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's nice to see Lusamine battle using her Pixy since the species rarely gets a chance to fight in the anime, and Lilie hugging Nyabby so enthusiastically was both adorable and bizarre. I'm enjoying Sauboh's character quite a bit, and his baton reminds me of Nyasu's baton from the sixth Pikachu movie short.

noakai

That's assuming Lusamine was actually aware Gladion had stolen Silvally prior to today's episode, and it seemed she wasn't. In fact, given what I understood of the conversation between her and Gladion, it seemed she wasn't even that familiar with Faba's "Beast Killer" project. She may not have been aware of what Type: Null was actually created for. She can't have much attachment to a creature whose existence she barely remembered, so she would have no reason to be angry with Gladion for stealing Silvally.

Which just further proves that neither of those things were ever going to set her off in the anime. I actually found myself pretty irritated at the fact that she apparently didn't even really know what the project was when she's so obsessed with UBs in the game that she would have known every detail of that project down to the letter. The only way she's evil now is if they're pulling the longest con ever and all of this is revealed as Lusasmine hiding her activities behind the scenes and the abduction is an unfortunate consequence (or the intended result) and she didn't want anyone knowing that getting to Ultra Space was her goal so she's letting Faba seem like the crazy/evil one, or something in Ultra Space messes with her mind and she comes back messed up. I'd prefer either of those but I'm not getting my hopes up - I feel like they're playing it straight.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
is it me or has the animation been on a roll for quite a while:
33/39 had iwane, nuff said
34 looked off in the beginning, but the fights were pretty well done
35, while meh choreography still had pretty good animation, especially during solar blade
I think the second half of 36 says it all
tapu lele vs rockuff's animation really made it seem like tapu lele was playing but went somewhat crazy, and the whole dusk scene was great
38, yeah, not so much, but meowth seeing mimikyu's true form again was still well done
I haven't watched 40, so IDK
41 wasn't that interesting animation-wise, but the end was pretty good
I don't think I need to explain 42 or especially 43
The dream sequence in 44 looked really fluid, and the effects were quite detailed, as were some shadows later in the episode, especially during close-ups to faba
ash vs team rocket in 45 had some good camera work and lighting
tbh, 46 wasn't that impressive
ash vs gladion in 47 was really fluid and one could feel the intensity
48 wasn't that impressive eiether, but some lighting near the end was well done, I guess
49 had really great shadows, lighting, fluidity in animation (especially when silvally took out his mask), and was quite expressive without going overboard
the preview in general looks pretty fluid

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pokenchi preview shows Lillie hugging the groups Pokemon and playing jump rope with them.
Faba captures Nebby and puts it in a special kind of box
Pikachu uses iron tail on the box.
Portal to ultra space is open with Ash, Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion looking up in distress at it.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Pokenchi preview shows Lillie hugging the groups Pokemon and playing jump rope with them.
Faba captures Nebby and puts it in a special episode kind of box
Portal to ultra space is open with Ash, Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion looking up in distress at it.

Although it looks like Faba coaxes Nebby into the box somehow, it doesn't look there is any treat in the box for Nebby and Nebby looks sort of sad the whole time so I wonder if Faba threatened to do something if Nebby didn't comply with going into the box.

Henry's Journey

Lillie hugs everyone's pokemon, she's looks so cute and happy! :p

I hope we see another ultra beast coming from the ultra wormhole but I guess Nihilego could show up again.

Spyro39

Faba captures Nebby and puts it in a special kind of box

Basically Faba doing to Nebby the same way Lusamine did in the games.

I wonder if Nihilego will appear out of the Ultra Wormhole again.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Turtonator looks so dorky jump-roping with the other Pokémon. It's just way too big and bulky to do that and not look dorky. :p

Nebby does look sort of sad as it's peering out of the box, so I wonder if Faba coaxes it in there claiming there's sugar candy in there, but then once it's in the box, it realizes there is no sugar candy. It is possible Faba threatens Nebby, but I just have a feeling that's not the case.

DatsRight

It looks like Nebby willingly went into that box. Wonder if Faba pulled a Giovanni and forced the legendary to comply with the heroes' safety in line.

Lillie with the Pokemon is adorable. But Turtonator somehow doing jump rope and Marowak joyfully hugging Lillie? Kiawe's team always steal the show. XD

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Basically Faba doing to Nebby the same way Lusamine did in the games.

I wonder if Nihilego will appear out of the Ultra Wormhole again.

If i remember correctly, we were able to hear nihilego's voice in the preview when ultra wormhole was shown!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Awww, Marawak does have a soft side to it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The new preview makes it seem like Lilie's on a complete hugging spree, although I don't mind since she was overdue for this sort of happiness with Pokemon. The jump rope scene looks amusing, and I think I'm more invested in these fun shenanigans than I am in Hoshigumo-chan's abduction subplot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
We need more Marowak.

And yet people are still convinced she is evil for some dumb reason.

It's almost like we don't want her position as the first female Big Bad usurped by another generic mad scientist like Colress or that other guy.

DatsRight

Why do I get the feeling Ash is going to get his head bitten off by Gladion again?

Once again he hasn't protected Nebby securely enough, only this time it has even graver effects, opening up Ultra Space again, leaving Nebby (in their eyes) in a bad state, and possibly getting Lusamine trapped in the process. Even worse if Lillie has gotten caught in the middle of Faba's abduction scheme, just as things were starting to look up for her at long last.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Do we have a clue what Faba's motivation is?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's almost like we don't want her position as the first female Big Bad usurped by another generic mad scientist like Colress or that other guy.

Yeah well they took away Acerola's role too but you don't see me complaining about it.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Yeah well they took away Acerola's role too but you don't see me complaining about it.

Well technically we haven't seen Ula Ula yet and unlike most trial captains Acerola played a vital role within the games, so she has time to appear. Lusamine's character is going to be evil that's a fact. It may not be at the moment but it's certain. She's "evil" in both games (well USUM paints her more as egotistical if anything) but the point is her being a "good mother" wont last for long. She's the first female villain with an interesting story so of course we prefer her over the mad scientist (which is really really getting old honestly)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

They haven't even gotten to Acerola's island yet, and she's still Nanu's relative, isn't she? I'd still give her a high chance to show up in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.