• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 17th: PM2019 001: Pikachu is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
In a forest somewhere in Kanto, there once was a lonely Pichu. This Pichu, who was still very young, went through a certain encounter and farewell. This all took place shortly before Satoshi and his partner Pikachu started their journey. This is the story of how everything began.

----------

This must-see first episode not only depicts Satoshi, Go and Pichu, who hadn't become a Pikachu yet at the time, as children, but also shows us the scene from the first episode of the first "Pocket Monsters" anime series where the now 10 year old Satoshi meets Pikachu from Pikachu's point of view.

----------

In a forest somewhere in Kanto, there once was a lonely Pichu. This Pichu, who was still very young, went through a certain encounter and farewell. This all took place shortly before Satoshi and his partner Pikachu started their journey. This is the story of how everything in the "Pocket Monsters" anime began.

Screenplay 吉田玲子 (Reiko Yoshida)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 一石小百合 (Sayuri Ichiishi)
Animation Director 吉野真一 (Shinichi Yoshino)
Animation Director 太田都 (Miyako Ota)

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Well here we go, first episode of the new series. And it seems like a pretty important one.

Actually excited for this.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh ****, so Ash's Pikachu evolved from a Pichu then. It's awesome that we will get to see how Piakchu came under Prof. Oak's posession.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Oh ****, so Ash's Pikachu evolved from a Pichu then. It's awesome that we will get to see how Piakchu came under Prof. Oak's posession.

Isin't that obvious that's like saying a newborn child is born as a 15 years old teenager.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Isin't that obvious that's like saying a newborn child is born as a 15 years old teenager.

Meh, Pichu wasn't a thing when Pikachu was first made tbh so it's not that weird a statement not to mention they've never mentioned that possibility until now.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So let’s see how Pikachu came to be who it is, I guess he’s born, lonely, causes problems for reasons, becomes a brat, then goes to hang with Okido until Satoshi’s arrival. I’m gonna wait because I wanna see how they plan to make this interesting and exciting. Will they establish plot strings that carry forward into the new series?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, I'm officially super-hyped! I've always been curious about Pikachu's backstory. Never thought I'd see it happening! The series just started out amazing!

now the important question is, will we meet pikachu's mother and father

One mystery ends. Another begins lol

nickdt

Are you serious?

Yes, and a reboot at this point is impossible anyways, since it throws all the character build up and development out the window - not to speak about Olivia's line where she says Ash should travel the world now he is Champion.

Anyways: Imo, the reason why Team Rocket - Giovanni wants this Pikachu, is because i think they were involved in Pichu being lonely and it was already a stronger Pichu than normal.

Ultra Beast Lover

Perhaps I judged the series too quickly. This was the question that everyone had since they were kids, why was Pikachu so different? Why does he not like Pokeballs? Why doesn't he want to evolve, besides it being a pride thing? The series never explained what his backstory was so eventually I stopped caring. This will be our most important episode, the story behind the mascot of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.