• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 17th: PM2019 001: Pikachu is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
If you are speaking about the trailer, we also see an scene where Ash in Pajamas seems to be receiving his Pikachu.

So, a reboot is still possible.

Although I think it is more likely they will only mantain things disconnected from previous seasons. Ash had some adventures, but the events and people in these won't be mentioned.

Most likely a flashback...

Ultra Beast Lover

We might also find out why he was so cranky during the course of episode 1. Maybe whatever farewell the description is referring to let him to have some sort of trust issues.
We do see Pichu cry at one point, perhaps that's when it happens

It's amazing the time you have when you don't have to worry about setting up and establish the new region and Gen in general in the first episode
Fair enough

RedR

Really hope it has good continuity with Ash being a champion of an entire region being mentioned. Ash is the champion of alola just like cynthia is the champion of sinnoh . I hope when they revisit past regions it's not like Kanto is BF. And I srsly hope we get more time for reserves this time around. And Pikachu better not be losing to scorbunny. Can't wait. Really excited to see pikachu's backstory

Yep! That hit from the scorbunny looked pretty strong!

JC317

Pichu evolves through happiness, so perhaps making friends with a baby Kangaskhan was enough to push Pichu to evolving into Pikachu, given that he was so lonely before

Yea, I know Pichu evolves through happiness with its trainer, but this is one instance where I'm glad the anime took artistic liberties

DannyDiglett

I really doubt this will be the case.

They are likely telling Pikachu's backstory and his meeting with Ash (we also see this in the trailer), because they want a "fresh start" for new audience to enter.
I understand the 'fresh start' part but there is a possibility they will use flashbacks for referring to past events to maintain the continuity.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Pichu evolves through happiness, so perhaps making friends with a baby Kangaskhan was enough to push Pichu to evolving into Pikachu, given that he was so lonely before

Yea, I know Pichu evolves through happiness with its trainer, but this is one instance where I'm glad the anime took artistic liberties

Evolution in the anime can be tricky and doesn't necessarily follow the games... Notable examples are Brock's Steelix and Ash's Melmetal...

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Also, if that's Ash catching up to Team Rocket after doing something when he says "let's battle," that a pretty confident pose he has with the pose of his hand in his pocket and the other on his hat lid. I've never seen Ash do a post like that before! More confident after Alola?!
Catching up to Team Rocket or not, he really looks more confident
Only until he loses to Scorbunny haha

Oh and I wonder if the origin of Pikachu and Ketchup is going to be told too, haha

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
When I said that I wanted more backstory for characters, I thought it would never happen.

That said, I'm sure part of this episode will be retelling parts of I Choose You from Pikachu's perspective. It seems like a logical choice for a series drawing on all regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.