• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 17th: PM2019 001: Pikachu is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I will call it PM.Better than PM2019. Next year it'd be PM2020? Lol

Uh, no, for TV series that run for multiple years, the year indicates when they started. The current Doraemon series is "Doraemon (2005)", for instance. This is incredibly standard labeling for shows like these.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Squirtle is busy playing firefighter somewhere else, though.

Never stopped him before

Besides it'd be nice if they finally let Squirtle reside at Oak's lab, Oak would have no problem with the rest of the squad chilling there

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
What kind of development were those though?
I don't remember any character development from it.
Ula ula arc had more development then the so called viola arc lol, and the wulfric arc was about mastering ash Greninja which in the end I don't see any point of considering ash Greninja lost in the league , didn't do much in the threat and was released for a stupid reason. Such a waste to such a cool Pokemon. Nebbys arc had more worth than that. And Ash alola league victory and afterwards is progression towards his goal of a Pokemon master after so many years while for all serious he was in XY, it turned out to be mostly contained in that series as he returned home with 3 birds

Xuxuba

What kind of development were those though?
I don't remember any character development from it.
Yeah i am not sure about that development either... He stayed nearly the same throughout the entire arc. I guess he did defeat some opponents he couldn't defeat before in the League arc but that happened in the Wulfric and Viola's episodes aswell... And the Wulfric arc was more than just mastering the Greninja's form aswell, it was about Ash remembering why he became a trainer in the first place and getting over his obsession with winning after he lost to his apprentice aswell as the gym leader.

Very likely. I wonder if Ash and Gou met here, or if Ash wasn't able to attend that year...
I believe that is quite possible. He might have attended a camp different from Ash and Serena's.

IkeBayern

U know how each series is named after the corresponding game/generation, since this one isn’t bound to any of the games and we’ll be traveling to all the regions, what will they name this series after?

All I know that it’s called the “new series”

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Ula ula arc had more development then the so called viola arc lol, and the wulfric arc was about mastering ash Greninja which in the end I don't see any point of considering ash Greninja lost in the league , didn't do much in the threat and was released for a stupid reason. Such a waste to such a cool Pokemon. Nebbys arc had more worth than that. And Ash alola league victory and afterwards is progression towards his goal of a Pokemon master after so many years while for all serious he was in XY, it turned out to be mostly contained in that series as he returned home with 3 birds
You still didn't explain the character development from those SM arcs.

Viola arc- Converting BW Ash into XY Ash

Wulfric arc- Ash getting over his overconfident, obsession and insecurity over the Superform

Summer camp ep- learning he should have his own battling style

It Dosen't seem like you understand the XY series very much.

He had falt arcs in SM which did not develop his character whatsoever.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You still didn't explain the character development from those SM arcs.

Viola arc- Converting BW Ash into XY Ash

Wulfric arc- Ash getting over his overconfident, obsession and insecurity over the Superform

Summer camp ep- learning he should have his own battling style

It Dosen't seem like you understand the XY series very much.

He had falt arcs in SM which did not develop his character whatsoever.

Viola's arc was BW Ash transitioning into XY Ash. Lol what? It was the generic ash loses and then practises to win next time gym leader plot. There was nothing else to it.
Wulfric arc was stupid. Ash developing an obsession into winning, something that happened in OS, happening again? That's more of a regression than anything else. Him losing to Sawyer made no sense considering the last we saw Sawyer so yeah I could see him being upset at losing to him and then wulfric, but the whole ash getting so upset that Greninja leaves him for one episode and that ash has to rediscover himself and master Greninja in saving a Pokemon (like he hasn't done that a thousand times) was so forced lol.
The summer camp was basically him thinking to copy tierno moves but when he was failing just use his style. Wow so much development.
I do understand his XY character, it's good and was fun to see and hype over but it was so overrated, and so forced. It's funny you guys claim to say that ash story was so deep when really it wasn't .

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And I don't blame XY for this. Ash hasn't had any development tbh since AG it's just the same character in new situations with regressions and inaccuracy. I'm also not claiming SM had very deep development for ash coz that's stupid but it atleast showed ash finally moving forward in his goal in some way and had it's development arcs too, it wasn't special but it was there. XY didn't have any special development either.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Viola's arc was BW Ash transitioning into XY Ash. Lol what? It was the generic ash loses and then practises to win next time gym leader plot. There was nothing else to it.
Wulfric arc was stupid. Ash developing an obsession into winning, something that happened in OS, happening again? That's more of a regression than anything else. Him losing to Sawyer made no sense considering the last we saw Sawyer so yeah I could see him being upset at losing to him and then wulfric, but the whole ash getting so upset that Greninja leaves him for one episode and that ash has to rediscover himself and master Greninja in saving a Pokemon (like he hasn't done that a thousand times) was so forced lol.
The summer camp was basically him thinking to copy tierno moves but when he was failing just use his style. Wow so much development.
I do understand his XY character, it's good and was fun to see and hype over but it was so overrated, and so forced. It's funny you guys claim to say that ash story was so deep when really it wasn't .
You still fail to explain me what character development he had in SM and trying to screw over XY about which you obviously don't understand a thing.

Viola gym- I would agree with you if his terrible performance in the Vertress Conference wasn't before this. Performing this bad against the 1st gym leader after literally his worst performance ever systhesised some inevitable doubt in him as a trainer. Serena reminded him not to give up and he realized he needed to step up his game. It was personal here, unlike your "generic" gym arcs that deal with strategy and battling.

Wulfric arc- Ash developed an OBSESSION WITH MASTERING THE GRENINJA FORM AND NOT WINNING.
He grew overconfident on the form and thus lost against both Wulfric and a rookie, which made Ash fear that Greninja might deem him unworthy leave him like he left other trainers.
Yep you didn't understand the arcs at all.

Summer camp ep was small- it was a minor development.

He also had development in DP.

Have we seen the same series?

Simply accept a flaw SM can have.
It had arcs, but none of that dealt with Ash's character.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You still fail to explain me what character development he had in SM and trying to screw over XY about which you obviously don't understand a thing.

Viola gym- I would agree with you if his terrible performance in the Vertress Conference wasn't before this. Performing this bad against the 1st gym leader after literally his worst performance ever systhesised some inevitable doubt in him as a trainer. Serena reminded him not to give up and he realized he needed to step up his game. It was personal here, unlike your "generic" gym arcs that deal with strategy and battling.

Wulfric arc- Ash developed an OBSESSION WITH MASTERING THE GRENINJA FORM AND NOT WINNING.
He grew overconfident on the form and thus lost against both Wulfric and a rookie, which made Ash fear that Greninja might deem him unworthy leave him like he left other trainers.
Yep you didn't understand the arcs at all.

Summer camp ep was small- it was a minor development.

He also had development in DP.

Have we seen the same series?

Simply accept a flaw SM can have.
It had arcs, but none of that dealt with Ash's character.

I literally talked about the SM stuff in the next post. And yeah no that unova thing is BS. Your explanation of the arc that he had to step up after unova and losing the first gym is speculation lol. Nowhere is his doubts coz of unova mentioned. It is generic rebattling gym leader stuff. Stop trying to make it look like it is more
The snowbelle thing you literally repeated what you said.
Sure just coz I don't make up half the stuff means I don't understand a kids series wow. That snowbelle stuff was forced.
Anyways let's just agree to disagree coz we are going offtopic here.

And @Fernsday we have a thread in episode discussions to discuss the recent episode. Not here :)

Fernsday

I r
I literally talked about the SM stuff in the next post. And yeah no that unova thing is BS. Your explanation of the arc that he had to step up after unova and losing the first gym is speculation lol. Nowhere is his doubts coz of unova mentioned. It is generic rebattling gym leader stuff. Stop trying to make it look like it is more
The snowbelle thing you literally repeated what you said.
Sure just coz I don't make up half the stuff means I don't understand a kids series wow. That snowbelle stuff was forced.
Anyways let's just agree to disagree coz we are going offtopic here.

And @Fernsday we have a thread in episode discussions to discuss the recent episode. Not here :)
I really don't see how the Snowbelle arc is forced at all honestly. It was established many times prior that the Ash-Greninja form was unmastered for which Ash ends up being obsessed with well, mastering. And him essentially being on a massive winstreak, mastering the form serves as a roadblock for him, add that to losing to Sawyer, Wulfric and Alain multiple times and like any other person would he was down in the dumps and felt like he let down Greninja and was confused on how he could "get his act together" as he says+deals with doubt in himself as a trainer, it's a solid arc for Ash and Greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.