• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 18th: SM97 - Fukuthrow the Master!!! Mokuroh the Sleeperzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
But Rowlet can't learn Bullet Seed sadly. It can learn the next best thing Seed Bomb.
Maybe the anime will work around that, or it'll just spit out something like Bullet Seed, like how Pikipek's evolutions are spitting out rocks and Ash is spitting out something like chocolate.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I do think that Ash and the Pikipek family might be attempting to teach Rowlet Bullet Seed, but ultimately Rowlet learns a variant of it, being Seed Bomb. Also, looks like Dartrix is using Leaf Blade in the battle.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And that to again.
He already did that while Treecko was learning the move.
But it's still funny regardless. The part I find funny is whenever Ash tries a Pokémon move.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The only other seed move Rowlet can learn is Worry Seed, and that would be completely useless for Ash...though it would be hilariously ironic if it got that move, given its personality. Hey, at least Rowlet will finally have that fourth move? Don't think it's used Leafage since getting Razor Leaf. I'm guessing it replaced it, like how Tepig replaced Ember with Flamethrower despite only knowing three moves at the time.

I guess it could be a case of Rowlet tries to learn the move, only to end up learning a completely different one (I feel like that's happened at least once before, but I can't put my finger on it).

Nice to see Toucannon and Trumbeak again. Glad to see they can still be relevant.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I guess it could be a case of Rowlet tries to learn the move, only to end up learning a completely different one (I feel like that's happened at least once before, but I can't put my finger on it).

Happened in XY when Ash and Froakie wanted to learn Quick Attack from Sanpei and Frogadier but Froakie ended up learning Double Team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And after long months of waiting we finally get to see Ash battle again on his lonesome :D

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Faces Grass/Flying Type & trains it to learn yet another Grass Type move which will be 1/4 effective instead of a new Flying Type move

DatsRight

Hau looks very Ash-like from what we see of him.

Love we're seeing Rowlet's family again, and it looks like Ash is trying to train him a new move at last (we haven't had a training episode for Rowlet).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Rowlet, I-I don't think learning a new Grass-type move is going to be effective at all on a stronger evolved form of the same typ-

You know what, screw you. And you too, Ash.

Who's Hau? Sounds like a character who should've been here 100 episodes ago.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Rowlet's family appearing again!! Training episode confirmed and it's a different kind of training.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
seeing dartrix animated only makes me not want Rowlet to take that form for long if it does evolve...it's face just makes me want to slug it in.

dman_dustin

Seed bomb would be okay for me, as it would be a cool attack.

HOWEVER.

Why in the hell are the writers constantly pushing new attacks on Rowlet (all being grass type) and not having Rowlet do anything.

I mean it kind of makes you think, "Why the hell did it learn Razor Leaf from Tapu Bulu" I mean ignoring the fact, that Tapu Bulu is a grass type itself, and Rowlet wasn't suddenly going to learn a flying type, but STILL what was even the point if ultimately Rowlet wasn't going to do anything (like battle at all).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So Rowlet trying to learn Seed Bomb I presume?
Maybe. That’s definitely one option of a pool of seed moves Rowlet can learn. I would expect it to have already learned a new one before the Hau battle.

johno1995

Seed Bomb would be cool, especially if Ash and the Toucannon and Trumbeak are all showing off their Bullet Seed skills and Rowlet shows off by shooting grass bombs from his beak and blowing them all up. Nice opportunity to show off, haha.

I'd say Seed Bomb certainly makes more sense than Rowlet learning a move it cannot even learn in-game. I feel like every time a Pokemon has a move it doesn't learn in game, it's not made the center of an episode of training. But who knows?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, is Ash and Rowlet's parent family, the Pikipek line, trying to teach Rowlet Bullet Seed? But Rowlet can't learn it....I guess it'll then learn something similar like Seed Bomb then.

Despite the indications of a pretty good fight and rivalry indications between Ash/Hau and Rowlet/Dartrix, the preview also makes it clear that there is gonna be plenty of slapstick comedy in this episode. But then again, how can we just not expect plenty of forced comedy and slapstick in a Rowlet focused episode? :p

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
While i am happy with the prospect of Rowlet learning a new move, that too this early (considering it learned 'Razor Leaf' around 20+ episodes ago without much in-show action in between).

But the problem for me is that, its possibly going to learn another Grass type move, which it already knows 2 of them (meaning it either loses one of his other 2 Grass type moves in the new moves place, or either his 'Tackle' or 'Peck' gets replaced by a possibly 3rd Grass type move in its move-set).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
While i am happy with the prospect of Rowlet learning a new move, that too this early (considering it learned 'Razor Leaf' around 20+ episodes ago without much in-show action in between).

But the problem for me is that, its possibly going to learn another Grass type move, which it already knows 2 of them (meaning it either loses one of his other 2 Grass type moves in the new moves place, or either his 'Tackle' or 'Peck' gets replaced by a possibly 3rd Grass type move in its move-set).

As I stated before, Tepig learned Flamethrower when it only knew Ember, Tackle, and Flame Charge.

We never saw Ember once after that, and then it learned Fire Pledge when it evolved.

Clearly moves can be "upgraded" in the anime, so it's entirely possible Leafage was outright replaced by Razor Leaf. Leafage is essentially a weaker Razor Leaf to begin with.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Clearly moves can be "upgraded" in the anime, so it's entirely possible Leafage was outright replaced by Razor Leaf. Leafage is essentially a weaker Razor Leaf to begin with.
Yeah i know that, but still the possibility of another Grass type having 3 Grass moves at one time doesn't sit right with me (remember that Bulbasaur, Torterra and Snivy all had 3 Grass moves for a while).

Also, i would rather see Rowlet lose 'Razor Leaf' than 'Leafage', mainly because of the way 'Leafage' is used by Rowlet in the anime (using it as a cover to sneak in on the opponent).
A better substitution for 'Leafage' would be 'Grass Pledge', which would allow Rowlet to maintain its sneaky battling style with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.