• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 19th: PM2019 088 - Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
He considers Project Mew and an episode about Drizzile to be more important than the PWC?

That explains a lot
???
Obviously he's not going to work on every major episode, hence why Tomioka, who's been writing battles for 2 decades, is in charge of Ash's PWC battles and Matsui is handling Chloe. Delegating certain plotlines to specific writers isn't anything new. Yonemura did write the PWC introduction 2-parter and Leon vs Raihan, and now it seems that Project Mew is his thing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They did that in XY as well, with Omode being mostly in charge of Serena's arc and writing all the Tripokalon episodes after Tomioka had written the first one to set the style. Writers don't have infinite time.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They did that in XY as well, with Omode being mostly in charge of Serena's arc and writing all the Tripokalon episodes after Tomioka had written the first one to set the style. Writers don't have infinite time.
Omode is lovely then

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
???
Obviously he's not going to work on every major episode, hence why Tomioka, who's been writing battles for 2 decades, is in charge of Ash's PWC battles and Matsui is handling Chloe. Delegating certain plotlines to specific writers isn't anything new. Yonemura did write the PWC introduction 2-parter and Leon vs Raihan, and now it seems that Project Mew is his thing.
Sorry I wasn't being serious when I wrote that, I should've made that more obvious but this post is interesting nonetheless.

I've noticed a similar thing with Deko Akao writing Goh centric episodes (tho sometimes she does write Fillers)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Honestly, I can't help but feel as if people are overthinking/expecting a little too much out of Drake's appearance.

Yeah he battled Ash and will most likely remember him, but the fact that he's showing up in a Goh centric episode (and he wasn't even in the Teaser for that matter) makes me feel that Drake won't be giving too much focus to Ash nor amount to anything more than just a cameo unfortunately :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 384931

Honestly, I can't help but feel as if people are overthinking/expecting a little too much out of Drake's appearance.

Yeah he battled Ash and will most likely remember him, but the fact that he's showing up in a Goh centric episode (and he wasn't even in the Teaser for that matter) makes me feel that Drake won't be giving too much focus to Ash nor amount to anything more than just a cameo unfortunately :rolleyes:
I know right lol. JN brings old characters back on the most random moments. Cynthia in a filler, Drake in a Gou episode,...

And I havent seen much of Gou becoming more independent from Satoshi and him learning much from it

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Genji appearing is cool, I'm not expecting a ton of focus on him just maybe he provides lore on Kingdra and some Dragon-type knowledge. Genji is a character that humbled AG!Satoshi's attitude so it's quite cathartic he'd work as a form of a "guide/teacher" for Go who wants to be stronger and independent in his Project Mew missions.

He already had a bigger issue needing to be "saved" by Tsurugi/Asahi but he was already being really intiative during the whole plan, escaping the trap, saving the eggs, putting out the fire, type advantaging the wild Pokemon. Seeing Inteleon battling underwater against the other "Sniper" Water-type with improved battling skills feels like a natural progression of Go's strength in that aspect.

Using Inteleon for this battle is actually really cool as well, it seems to be using Liquidation or some super cool looking underwater rendition of Snipe Shot. I'm so glad Inteleon gets such an active role in Project Mew, it's very fitting for the Secret Agent Pokemon. Another possibility is maybe we're seeing Inteleon against the wall activating Torrent to power up Snipe Shot.

So unless they are really being misleading, Goh will have to actually catch Kingdra and not just get its scales. Whether or not he gets to keep it is another issue though.

And while not as 'legendary' as Volcarona, Kingdra is pretty impressive itself when going by its dex;

The yawn of a sleeping Kingdra is powerful enough to create undercurrents capable of destroying small ships. Should it decide to emerge from the depths of the ocean, Kingdra's strength can create large whirlpools and sea-born tornadoes on the surface. Because of its immense power, Kingdra often hibernates deep in uninhabited areas of the sea to rest and build up its energy. When a storm arrives, Kingdra is said to awaken and wander about in search of prey. Kingdra is known to have fierce battles with Dragonite whenever they meet. The scales shed by Kingdra are given to royals as gifts due to the gleam it emits.
I always appreciate it when Go gets those catches of grandeur, missed opportunity with the golden Ulgamoth but he only came for the scales and probably wanted to leave it to its home.
Since we had an episode on Dragonites lore, its nice that we get one for its rival Kingdra. Would be interesting if Kingdra is the one pokemon that Ash's Dragonite can't stand.
I really like this idea a lot! It would also offer a chance to give Kairyu more characterization than appearing as a perpetual sweetheart. We've seen its competitive and caring side plenty. It was taken back by Iris's more sirly Kairyu. Giving it a more "negative" relationship with another Pokemon like Kingdra sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.