• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 19th: PM2019 088 - Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
DRAKE?????!!! That literally came out of nowhere

I just knew they were hiding something in this episode lol There was just too little information on this episode

Good to know Inteleon isn't the only draw to this episode for me anymore.

InB4 Drake is in the Masters 8

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Drake? Wow, didn't expect that.
Of course, I'd prefer if they showed someone else from Hoenn Elite Four, but after 90 episodes I don't expect Journeys to debut any not-seen-before game character anymore. It's deluded at this point. But still, Drake is nice.

DRAKE LETS ****ING GOOOOO

Mythical-Moonlight

Hi just wanted to interrupt to say that me and @nuzamaki90 both called it!

Curious what region this episode takes place in. This has to be where the Regirock confrontation happens and since it’s dealing with the underwater, maybe Hoenn?

Kingdra seems like such a random Pokémon though. With Volcarona, Moltres, and Alolan Ninetales they have that tense legendary vibe. Kingdra just seems like a regular Water-type, so I’m wondering what the setup will be.
Given the Regirock, Kingdra, and All the Under Water Diving I'm going to say this is Hoenn (7.5/10 Too much Water)

Calling it they are going to show AG Ash in a flashback which means the only Ash JN hasn’t shown in a flashback is XY Ash which means JN is scared putting XY Ash is JN style

nuzamaki90

Hi just wanted to interrupt to say that me and @nuzamaki90 both called it!
Feels good to be a prophet

Drake is so here to hype Ash up about Steven in the Master Class, maybe even give a short nod to their previous battle. I really hope Drake talks about what he thinks of Ash’s latest performance because in their last episode he ridiculed Ash for being too cocky and a smudge overconfident.

Can’t believe I’m excited for a Goh episode lmao

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I was a bit interested about Drake...until I remembered he's a Dragon-type trainer and one of the main characters uses a Dragon-type as an ace, so...yeah, that is actually the whole point of his sudden return.

Basically, in Journeys, your chances to reappear multiply exponentially if your ace's type matches any of Ash's aces, which aren't really varied. (That being said, Maylene got the short end of the stick.)

Decidueye23

I was a bit interested about Drake...until I remembered he's a Dragon-type trainer and one of the main characters uses a Dragon-type as an ace, so...yeah, that is actually the whole point of his sudden return.

Basically, in Journeys, your chances to reappear multiply exponentially if your ace's type matches any of Ash's aces, which aren't really varied. (That being said, Maylene got the short end of the stick.)
Maylene for another lucario focus

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Maylene for another lucario focus
It seems too late for that, because Bea's dojo hunting quest has come to an end after she lost to Ash, and Korrina rules the Lucario dominion because Mega Evolution.

Maylene appearing would only just add more Lucario focus for almost no relevance to add to the plot, which is already too much as is...by Journeys's standards.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Oh my god E4 DRAKE?????!!!

I can't believe it because I really just recently wanted him to come back to JN to talk to Ash again and he remembered the lessons he had learned from him about winning and losing. It's just a shame it's an episode that focuses on Goh.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Go's Trial Mission!! Get Kingdra!!
Go takes on a new mission in his quest to become an official member of Project Mew! Will he get one?!

Kingdra: Can supposedly be found deep on the sea floor. Just locating one at all will be really difficult?!

-----

Go has received a Trial Mission from Project Mew. This one reads "Get a wild Kingdra". After consulting eyewitness reports of wild Seadra, he heads to the Houen region with Satoshi. The two immediately start researching the sea when they encounter Genji from the Houen region's Elite Four, who they decide to work with. Can Go clear this mission without any trouble arising?!

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 又野弘道 (Hiromichi Matano)
Animation Director 新城真 (Makoto Shinjō)
Animation Director 升谷有希 (Yuki Masutani)
So unless they are really being misleading, Goh will have to actually catch Kingdra and not just get its scales. Whether or not he gets to keep it is another issue though.

And while not as 'legendary' as Volcarona, Kingdra is pretty impressive itself when going by its dex;

The yawn of a sleeping Kingdra is powerful enough to create undercurrents capable of destroying small ships. Should it decide to emerge from the depths of the ocean, Kingdra's strength can create large whirlpools and sea-born tornadoes on the surface. Because of its immense power, Kingdra often hibernates deep in uninhabited areas of the sea to rest and build up its energy. When a storm arrives, Kingdra is said to awaken and wander about in search of prey. Kingdra is known to have fierce battles with Dragonite whenever they meet. The scales shed by Kingdra are given to royals as gifts due to the gleam it emits.

Since we had an episode on Dragonites lore, its nice that we get one for its rival Kingdra. Would be interesting if Kingdra is the one pokemon that Ash's Dragonite can't stand.

Goh might finally catch another Dragon type. Ice types still crying.

Random trivia, but Binnacle is one of the other pokemon that can get the ability sniper (like Kingdra and Inteleon), and so can Remoraid, which are necessary for evolving Mantyke, who seems to be appearing in this episode.

If Goh really catches a Remoraid and evolves his Mantyke, he will go back to having no Sinnoh pokemon, just in time for the start of the Sinnoh arc.

Mythical-Moonlight

Dragonite isn't Ash's Ace, today's episode makes it extremely clear who that title belongs to lol

With that said, it could be used for Dragonite development with this here:
while not as 'legendary' as Volcarona, Kingdra is pretty impressive itself when going by its dex;

The yawn of a sleeping Kingdra is powerful enough to create undercurrents capable of destroying small ships. Should it decide to emerge from the depths of the ocean, Kingdra's strength can create large whirlpools and sea-born tornadoes on the surface. Because of its immense power, Kingdra often hibernates deep in uninhabited areas of the sea to rest and build up its energy. When a storm arrives, Kingdra is said to awaken and wander about in search of prey. Kingdra is known to have fierce battles with Dragonite whenever they meet. The scales shed by Kingdra are given to royals as gifts due to the gleam it emits.

Since we had an episode on Dragonites lore, its nice that we get one for its rival Kingdra. Would be interesting if Kingdra is the one pokemon that Ash's Dragonite can't stand.

Goh might finally catch another Dragon type. Ice types still crying.

Random trivia, but Binnacle is one of the other pokemon that can get the ability sniper (like Kingdra and Inteleon), and so can Remoraid, which are necessary for evolving Mantyke, who seems to be appearing in this episode.

If Goh really catches a Remoraid and evolves his Mantyke, he will go back to having no Sinnoh pokemon, just in time for the start of the Sinnoh arc.

With that said tho having Drake meeting Ash, Giving Dragonite development, Mantyke and Remoraid, AND giving Inteleon development + a new move sounds like a lot of stuff crammed into just one episode don't you think?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Dragonite isn't Ash's Ace, today's episode makes it extremely clear who that title belongs to lol
That greatly depends. Dragonite has gotten wins like there's no tomorrow and has yet to lose big.

However, Lucario is beating in with most relevant appearances, even if they have been very scarce in this saga due to the high amount of episodes where Ash's team is a no-show.

ShadowForce720

With that said, it could be used for Dragonite development with this here:

With that said tho having Drake meeting Ash, Giving Dragonite development, Mantyke and Remoraid, AND giving Inteleon development + a new move sounds like a lot of stuff crammed into just one episode don't you think?
You know it would make sense here if Drake finds out about Ash being in the PWC that he would tell Ash and reveal that the Hoenn Champion Steven is also in the PWC and is currently a member of the Master 8.

Although I do wonder if they have plans for another character besides Wikistrom to be the one to mention that Diantha is in the Master 8 or if they plan to reveal some other way.

Of course that’s persuming that Diantha is a member of the Master 8 which might not be the case.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Goh catching Remoraid is just speculation, and Dragonite doesn't seem to be in the episode.

Ash and Goh probably look for Kingdra near the surface (Mantyke scene), meet Drake and he gives Goh the diving suit. Then Inteleon vs Kingdra. Tsurugi, Asahi and Regirock will probably happen at some point in this episode as well.

If Goh is catching Kingdra for keeps, and given they go to Hoenn due to the large number of Seadra, hopefully he just catches the whole line here, like he did in the Flygon episode.

After Regirock, next will be Articuno and Registeel before the CT legendaries. It's nice to see Tsurugi and Asahi so often, I wonder if Gary will appear when Articuno shows up?

Status
Not open for further replies.