• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I also just realized this does seem to be unfortunately confirm that Cinderace is no longer a walking Pokemon. (In case there were still some doubts.)
If it was still a walking Pokemon, then I'm certain it would be helping Ash, Gou, and Pikachu with... Whatever it is they're doing here instead of being inside it's Pokeball.

I'm still somewhat amazed that the episode writer resisted the urge to include a swarm of angry Spear in this episode [since that's usually the default species to showcase during a mayhem scene], and instead went with a swarm of angry Mankey. It's a slightly less predictable decision, and I'm glad that we're seeing a Kingler, too.
Yeah I'm glad there's no Spearrow here either. I find the species in general to be almost as annoying as Zubat if not just as much because they're so extremely common in Kanto and Johto centric games.
And I haven't seen a Mankey in a while so I'm glad to see one here

Who remembers Kingler anyways. And I’d like it if that was the case for Sobble cause I really don’t want to see the usual gag starter again like every series has.
Can it even be considered the usual gag starter when we barely even see the thing?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

ShadowForce720

I also just realized this does seem to be unfortunately confirm that Cinderace is no longer a walking Pokemon. (In case there were still some doubts.)
If it was still a walking Pokemon, then I'm certain it would be helping Ash, Gou, and Pikachu with... Whatever it is they're doing here instead of being inside it's Pokeball.

Yeah I'm glad there's no Spearrow here either. I find the species in general to be almost as annoying as Zubat if not just as much because they're so extremely common in Kanto and Johto centric games.
And I haven't seen a Mankey in a while so I'm glad to see one here

Can it even be considered the usual gag starter when we barely even see the thing?

Actually ever since it’s capture Sobble has appeared in every episode except for episode 44. It’s more of a case that we actually see a good amount of Sobble it’s just that they don’t over use it’s gag a lot.

Somewhat yes due to its crying making others cry.

Except that Crying gag is barely a thing anymore, I mean heck the last time we saw that gag was in episode 36. Sure it’s a trait that they use for comedy when it happens but it seems like they intend for Sobble to develop past that rather then it being a recurring gag that happens through the rest of the series.

desdar300

If Ace isn't going to be popping up a lot compared to its previous forms then you know that Gou's potential Intelion won't.
I love the guy but he's tall and awkward.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Waiting to see how they do this. Sobble getting screen-time is of course good, but I wonder how they will treat Cinderace going forward. I am of course biased in favor of Cinderace, but will they go ahead and just drop his bond with Goh in favor of doing a similar Snipe-shot storyline with Sobble.

It's going to be jarring if Goh drops his partner and first pokemon the second it evolves, but given the fact that Cinderace appears in 48 perhaps he will still appear somewhat frequently.

Mythical-Moonlight

Somewhat yes due to its crying making others cry.
Tho it's admittedly been quite some time since it's done that. I still have to wonder why the writers suddenly just... Dropped the gag?
Actually ever since it’s capture Sobble has appeared in every episode except for episode 44. It’s more of a case that we actually see a good amount of Sobble it’s just that they don’t over use it’s gag a lot.
True. Tho with as often as it goes invisible I sometimes forget it's there lol.

Except that Crying gag is barely a thing anymore, I mean heck the last time we saw that gag was in episode 36. Sure it’s a trait that they use for comedy when it happens but it seems like they intend for Sobble to develop past that rather then it being a recurring gag that happens through the rest of the series.
Even more unusual is that it seems to not cry in situations where you'd normally expect it to.

-Get overwhelmed by the Alola Gang overcrowding you? Don't Cry.
-Fall off a cliff in the Alola Episode? Don't Cry
-Get hit by Minccino's Doubleslap? Don't Cry
-Get attacked by Zamazenta (granted it was an illusion but they didn't know that)? Still Don't Cry.

At this point I'm watching Sobble in Episodes the same way I watched the Sequel Trilogy Star Wars movies. Expecting something only to have my expectations subverted XD

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

Waiting to see how they do this. Sobble getting screen-time is of course good, but I wonder how they will treat Cinderace going forward. I am of course biased in favor of Cinderace, but will they go ahead and just drop his bond with Goh in favor of doing a similar Snipe-shot storyline with Sobble.

It's going to be jarring if Goh drops his partner and first pokemon the second it evolves, but given the fact that Cinderace appears in 48 perhaps he will still appear somewhat frequently.
Oh don't get me wrong I do hope I'm wrong and Cinderace remains a walking Pokemon. (It's Lucario I'd rather not see outside it's Ball often)
Maybe if we're lucky this episode might just be a temporary thing since there's a LOT of Pokémon in this episode? I love the rabbit. But I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself in case the writers crush me.

Tho the fact that it's Gou's Ace (no pun intended lol) I'd expect to see it at least once per episode. So yeah it'll still show up frequently.
Plus they still gotta Showcase G-Max Cinderace so they're obviously not done with it yet)

And No way in hell are they dropping Gou bond with Cinderace lol. That'd be like dropping Ash's bond with Pikachu. Not happening

That being said I do expect Gou to immediately drop his Sobble and his potential Grookey off to Lab if they ever evolve but that's a conversation for another time lol

Last edited:

DuskAstral

That's prob the case since we are revisiting M1 for the first time in almost 2 decades now. Might as well dump some M01 references there since some conditions have been met.
If I remember correctly, the creators of the series do not like to refer to movies very much (probably the only reference that appeared was the use of Cresselia's pen by Hikari, which she obtained in the full-length film), so there will be no references to M1 (except for Mewtwo, of course).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So Go just became Spider Man :p.

Seriously though that's a pretty creative use for Caterpie

I thought the same the moment I saw the pic lol

Just don't bargain with mephisto and their kind, please.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Who remembers Kingler anyways. And I’d like it if that was the case for Sobble cause I really don’t want to see the usual gag starter again like every series has.

I guess you only care about Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Greninja? Maybe Snorlax and Krookodile?

Honestly, anybody who has seen the original run at the time will remember the little Krabby that beat an Exeggutor by a clutch victory.

Ultra Beast Lover

I always thought that Kingler was badly injured in its last battle and couldn't be called upon anymore. Dunno why I thought that...

Well anyways, it's good to see Go getting creative with his Pokemon outside of battle. I'm a little sad we'll no longer have Go's fire buddy standing outside, I wish they'd use the more complicated to animate Pokemon a little more but I mean it's either have these complicated Pokemon designs outside a lot but deal with more animation errors or not see them as often and have less animation errors.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:
If I remember correctly, the creators of the series do not like to refer to movies very much (probably the only reference that appeared was the use of Cresselia's pen by Hikari, which she obtained in the full-length film), so there will be no references to M1 (except for Mewtwo, of course).

Considering that Mewtwo's return itself is meant to be a really big deal, I suspect that they'll sneak it several references to the movie that we haven't seen in the previews yet. I'm somewhat convinced that Gou bringing Jugon along with him is a vague reference to Sweet from the first movie, at least.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Even if Ash doesn't get Mewtwo in this episode, there's something that could assure his return in another episode, increasing the chances of Ash catching it. After the Darkest Day's arc, we were left with the possibility of Eternatus possibly escaping and breaking havok again. If that's the case, then Mewtwo could return to help Ash and Goh to stop it once more. Mewtwo has advantage in type, but I believe it could be really difficult for Mewtwo to fight Eternatus in its Eternamax form. Don't you think?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Even if Ash doesn't get Mewtwo in this episode, there's something that could assure his return in another episode, increasing the chances of Ash catching it.

Sorry, but there's zero way that any Mewtwo is going to be captured at all. It's too much of an artificially intelligent Pokemon to be crammed in a pokeball all the time. What's Ash going to do? Send it out, have a conversation with it and then return it to its ball after the battle, where it'll happily remain until the next battle?

No, this isn't a Squirtle we're talking about. It won't happen.. and ESPECIALLY not with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.