• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So by this logic it should be

Cinderace - Brazil
Mewtwo - Germany
Sobble - Brazil's fans
Pretty sure Brazil wished they could become invisible too by the time, mainly with all the work and money to build the arenas. I'm brazilian, but I have a dry disposition to soccer.

Very well. I'm almost convinced we'll have a third mewtwo here.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah I feel like they should give TR a break once in a while. I mean, sure their team was involved in making Mewtwo, but what can they really do or say? They weren't directly involved in making Mewtwo so Go attacking them for it won't mean much to it unless it directs its anger at them. Too bad it's not an X-23 thing where this Mewtwo is the clone of the first Mewtwo so it tries to attack that Mewtwo but it talks its clone down. Although, if it were to go after Mew... no, that wouldn't work, the Mew species as a whole is like a little kid that doesn't understand the scope of its power, the most mature one was in the first movie and even then it only tried to calm Mewtwo down in the dub, in the original it was essentially like, "We are the OG mons, we shan't be beaten by you! Real Pokemon, help me DESTROY THE FAKEMONS!"

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Why is the EP45 title missing?

The TV guide listings these titles came from just had "Pocket Monsters" listed for TV Tokyo's November 13th 6:55pm slot, with no episode title listed.

The title is listing Ash and Goh's respective goals.

You could interpret it as that too I guess, but "battling and getting" is a phrase mostly associated with the Pokemon movies, where the World of Pokemon segment near the beginning almost always introduces Satoshi by saying he "battles and gets Pokemon".

Plus the video game "Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing" I guess.

Last edited:

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I wonder if they will go to Cerulean Cave this episode.
We don't even know if Mewtwo will appear physically in this episode (that scene on the trailer could be just a imagination image or something).

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The one thing good about this episode is that goh will learn about mewtwo especially since it was cloned from mew which he wants to catch but catching it will be hard since his team doesn't know bug dark or ghost moves

Mewtwo nearly destroyed the world with it's psychic powers, type advantage is meaningless.

I actually don't mind if Mewtwo tells Gou more about Mew, but I don't expect it to be caught by either of them

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
You know at first I was really excited by the thought of ash catching mewtwo, ESPECIALLY if it’s M01 mewtwo. But I can’t imagine ash commanind a Pokémon that speaks (telepathically) during a battle. Like.. idk I imagine there’s be dialogue between them during a battle and I feel that would disrupt the momentum or the flow of the battle. Who knows! The more I think about it the less I feel like this will actually be the scenario that will play out.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Joke detector is broken.
Seriously ?? First you add tbh in your statement and now expect me to treat it as a joke. That statement was in no way sarcastic.

BobbbidyBob

You know at first I was really excited by the thought of ash catching mewtwo, ESPECIALLY if it’s M01 mewtwo. But I can’t imagine ash commanind a Pokémon that speaks (telepathically) during a battle. Like.. idk I imagine there’s be dialogue between them during a battle and I feel that would disrupt the momentum or the flow of the battle. Who knows! The more I think about it the less I feel like this will actually be the scenario that will play out.
If that were the case, they would have advertised mewtwo more.....but they didn’t and they aren’t doing it

Ultra Beast Lover

Besides, it wouldn't be fun to have Mewtwo in the party. It's a powerful psychic type and wouldn't be opposed to using said power to mess with the bad guys' heads. They'd either have to make it the weakest Mewtwo in the world or make it curbstomp nearly everything.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The "Getting" part doesnt mean Mewtwo will be captured.
remember the japanese name of the episode Party Dancecapades!?the japanese name of the episode was Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!! and Ash and Serena didnt catch a Pokemon during the episode instead the "Catch" part meant for Serena's Eevee's evolution during the episode.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The way I see the "battling" and "getting" is just point to another Zapdos episode where Ash wants to battle Mewtwo #3 while Goh wants to get it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Besides, it wouldn't be fun to have Mewtwo in the party. It's a powerful psychic type and wouldn't be opposed to using said power to mess with the bad guys' heads. They'd either have to make it the weakest Mewtwo in the world or make it curbstomp nearly everything.

Alternatively they could leave Mewtwo at Sakuragi Park for the remainder of the series [outside of important battle episodes], but that would probably ruin the whole point of Satoshi owning a Mewtwo if he isn't going to showcase it often. It's also hard for me to imagine Mewtwo hanging out at Sakuragi Park surrounded by so many common Pokemon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Alternatively they could leave Mewtwo at Sakuragi Park for the remainder of the series [outside of important battle episodes], but that would probably ruin the whole point of Satoshi owning a Mewtwo if he isn't going to showcase it often. It's also hard for me to imagine Mewtwo hanging out at Sakuragi Park surrounded by so many common Pokemon.
I think I’ll try adding on to this: How are you supposed to constantly showcase something like Mewtwo. You can easily showcase Legendaries like the Bird Trio, Galarian Bird Trio, Urshifu line, Eon Duo, Beast Trio, and Heatran since they technically aren’t that powerful and have been confirmed to be numerous in numbers. But Mewtwo is basically... impossible to do so the anime and it’s unrealistic for it to be captured in the anime as well anyways.

dman_dustin

If Dragonite or even Gengar defeats it so Ash can catch it, how is it this uber powerful Pokemon. It can be ss strong as they need it to be, and yes technically it would be the weakest Mewtwo, hence why it would be captured if it is.

Honestly with the series as it is, we are unlikely to see it much anyway regardless if its always with Ash or mostly at the lab.

Plus if they were crazy enough to give it to Ash, it can always be a last resort. Using it against Elite Four / Champions / other powerful legendaries just used in instances to give Ash an edge, then start giving other trainers legendaries as well. Like Leon capturing Eternatus for example, since I can't imagine them giving it to Ash or Go.

Give Bea Marshadow or the dark type Urshifu for example. Or even Buzzwole/Pheromosa even though they aren't legendary.

Also allow trainers like Giovanni, Archie/Maxie powerful trainers that would give Ash trouble with his other non Dragonite/Mewtwo Pokemon and that would even give Mewtwo problems, like a Tyranitar being an issue or even Metagross.

I'm fine with a Mewtwo that isn't overpowered and is used in last roles or special moments, it doesn't need to be overused. So it can be like Palpitoad but shows up a bit more (once every 10 episodes or so) and the occasional legendary battle. Plus it could be used for training Ash's other Pokemon.

We saw the sheer difference between Leon and Ash with g-max Centiskorch along with Leon potentially catching Eternatus it would make nice for a good potential full battle.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
remember the japanese name of the episode Party Dancecapades!?the japanese name of the episode was Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

No, it wasn't, it was "Getting One at a Dance Party!!"

and Ash and Serena didnt catch a Pokemon during the episode instead the "Catch" part meant Serena's Eevee's evolution during the episode.

Serena got a Nymphia. There was no "catch" part of anything.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here, but you should probably use better sources for finding out what the Japanese titles of episodes are.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
No, it wasn't, it was "Getting One at a Dance Party!!"

Serena got a Nymphia. There was no "catch" part of anything.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here, but you should probably use better sources for finding out what the Japanese titles of episodes are.
My source was Bulbapedia, i'm sorry for being incorrect, but i think you understand my point, that "Get" doesnt necessarily mean a capture but it could also means an evolution, just like i said in said episode that Serena's Eevee evolved into Sylveon.

Status
Not open for further replies.