• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
My source was Bulbapedia,

Yeah, don't use that.

i think you understand my point, that "Get" doesnt necessarily mean a capture but it could also means an evolution, just like i said in said episode that Serena's Eevee evolved into Sylveon.

That's correct... But I don't think anyone's made that argument either. People are just going off what the word "get" is clearly implied to mean in this context, not some weird "every time this word is used someone catches a Pokemon" logic.

BobbbidyBob

Mewtwo nearly destroyed the world with it's psychic powers, type advantage is meaningless.

I actually don't mind if Mewtwo tells Gou more about Mew, but I don't expect it to be caught by either of them
Mewtwo almost destroyed the world simply because he was too smart for everyone’s good as a pokemon

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe this is the revival of the Mewtwo project? Maybe Giovanni tries to clone Mew again and this Mewtwo is attacking so as the put an end to it. Or maybe this is the silent return of the two Mewtwo and they find each other and we never have to worry about this Pokemon returning again because they found someone exactly like them. I'd kinda like that option. I mean sure, after a while I'd be bummed about not having seen Mewtwo in 3,000 years but then I'd remember that they met each other and are now happy together. Or, a third option, this whole thing is just Go learning about Mewtwo and at the end Mewtwo appears, stares at Ash and Go for a second, then leaves.

MegaSalamence05

My anticipation for this episode is as simple as possible. As I feel canonically speaking that this will be a 3rd Mewtwo in the history of the franchise. As I don't see and can think of any logical way for either Mewtwo to lash out at Ash.

1.) In Mewtwo Returns, Ash kept his memories of the encounter. So Ash and Mewtwo are on the same page irregardless of circumstance. Ash and Mewtwo have a connection set up in that way of the manner of birth. (Clone or not they're all living creatures.)

2.) In the Genesect movie Ash taught Mewtwo how to trust humans as is the course of events. Irregardless of Good vs Evil affiliation. Their are good humans along with bad humans.

My anticipation is that Mewtwo will be in Cerulean Cave after escaping Team Rocket's Giovanni. So it's a more younger version of Mewtwo. (Think of Wolverine from the X-Men when it had no conscience). So Ash will be focused on stopping the wrath of Mewtwo.

While Goh encounters Mew.

But right now this is an interesting episode.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
As Team Rocket basically can make Infinite Mewtwo. All what you need is Mew's DNA based on the configuration through software. It's not oh DNA = 1 Mewtwo. They can seriously make as many as they want because it's a clone.
It's still technically disappointing that they're resorting to a third Mewtwo despite the establishments of the other two Mewtwos especially the M1 Mewtwo aka the original Mewtwo. And both are still canon.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I doubt Goh will capture Mewtwo after he failed to capture Zapdos... But can Ash KO a Mewtwo? Who among Lucario, Dragonite, Gengar and Farfetch'd will he use before a finishing blow with Pikachu?

Rohanator

Can "fukkatsu" (the "revival" part in the title) be used as a term for creating something for the first time if it's a clone of another thing or something? Cause otherwise it's a weird wording choice imo if this isn't the old Mewtwo (even then it doesn't really make sense cause it's not like it needs to be revived from anything, but I guess it can be used to hype up its return). I guess stories of Mewtwo once existing can be a thing and a scientist does indeed revive it in this ep from the character's point of view.

MegaSalamence05

If they go the 3rd Mewtwo route. That's where my thinking is. Like I just don't see any reason for the 2 Mewtwo be angry enough to assault Ash. Ash has made himself untouchable in some retrospect with some Legendary Pokemon.

Mewtwo x2 , Arceus, Giratina, Lugia, Ho-oh ect.

Just to to name a few. So that's why I'm thinking this has to be a 3rd Mewtwo. Just on face value alone. If it is either M1 Mewtwo or M16 Mewtwo. I'll consider that shocking and be thankful for another decision that was unconventional.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
If they go the 3rd Mewtwo route. That's where my thinking is. Like I just don't see any reason for the 2 Mewtwo be angry enough to assault Ash.

And who said Mewtwo's angry and attacking Ash? We don't even have a summary yet. The footage we've seen is just it hovering there, menacingly. And Mewtwo can intimidating without even trying...

D

Deleted member 384931

All the discussion of what Mewtwo is gonna return aside, what do you think about it returning so "early" in this series?

Status
Not open for further replies.