• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
We haven't seen Mewtwo for years since Showdown at the Po-ké Corral.
....no it was mewtwo return special....as it is part of Jotou arc.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't know. I don't think we need a new Mewtwo (MewFour?) to go against Ash. After all, one of its main traits is that it's the biggest (non-human) jerk in PokeWorld.
Now that I think about it after seeing this comment, there might be an issue if they brought back one of the two older Mewtwos that suddenly attacks the duo when they meet since they basically now established that Ash and the Mewtwos have good relations with each other especially with the original Mewtwo and it may seem weird for one of them to suddenly go hostile on Ash when they know him and are now friendly with him.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Can "fukkatsu" (the "revival" part in the title) be used as a term for creating something for the first time if it's a clone of another thing or something?

The dictionary definition of fukkatsu is "something that has died, stopped functioning, or fallen into obscurity appearing in this world, having regained its life and become active again"... so basically the same as what revival means in English. Though in English "restoration" or "resusciation" are sometimes the more natural words to use.

So uh, I dunno. The creation of Mewtwo could certainly be said to be the revival of Mew, but the title says "the Revival of Mewtwo". Feels like a weird way to use the word.

Might just be a fancy way of saying "the comeback of Mewtwo".

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Who killed Mewtwo :oops:.....

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jangobadass said:
I don't know. I don't think we need a new Mewtwo (MewFour?) to go against Ash. After all, one of its main traits is that it's the biggest (non-human) jerk in PokeWorld.

Assuming that the Mewtwo in this episode is hypothetically antagonistic based on what we saw in the preview footage, I would think that it'd have to be a new Mewtwo by default since the others that we've seen respected Satoshi, so I can't imagine why they'd be portrayed as dangerous here. I do prefer the idea of Satoshi and Gou having to face a villainous Mewtwo rather than a kind one, though.

Redstar45

Assuming that the Mewtwo in this episode is hypothetically antagonistic based on what we saw in the preview footage, I would think that it'd have to be a new Mewtwo by default since the others that we've seen respected Satoshi, so I can't imagine why they'd be portrayed as dangerous here. I do prefer the idea of Satoshi and Gou having to face a villainous Mewtwo rather than a kind one, though.
Can one of two mewtwos return to villainy to Satoshi and Gou ?

The dictionary definition of fukkatsu is "something that has died, stopped functioning, or fallen into obscurity appearing in this world, having regained its life and become active again"... so basically the same as what revival means in English. Though in English "restoration" or "resusciation" are sometimes the more natural words to use.

So uh, I dunno. The creation of Mewtwo could certainly be said to be the revival of Mew, but the title says "the Revival of Mewtwo". Feels like a weird way to use the word.

You're right. In the context in which it is used seems to imply a return or a comeback of Mewtwo. Mewtwo can't return or make a comeback if it's a new one. If it's referring to a return it has to be one of the two Mewtwos and being that the most recent appearance of Mewtwo was of the original in the remake, it would make the most sense for it being the original. Also consider that Pokemon Journeys seems to be appealing to popular desires of its fans. The original Mewtwo making a return is a popular request. Then there is the visual reference to Mewtwo's entrance in the first movie in the trailer... As Dephender said, using revival/fukkatsu when referring to Mewtwo would be odd and doesn't make sense if the intended meaning was that a new one was cloned from Mew. If that was the case then it would say "The revival of Mew." Instead it's "The Revival of Mewtwo" which wouldn't make sense when used to mean creation. It means a return to action, or becoming active and important again. This points to the original. Also I remember Goh saying the Japanese equivalent of "That one/guy over there", aitsu." There's just too many things that point to the original to be coincidence.

I don't why everyone's jumping to the conclusion that Mewtwo is being antagonistic at all. There's no proof. Mewtwo always looks mad or menacing. It's his resting expression. He's like one of those hairless cats, the sphinx. They always look angry. I would also not look too much into "Battling and Getting" part either. I believe that was a recent interview that had a person on Journeys making a statement about legendary pokemon appearing multiple times and how Goh is going to have to battle more and not just toss monster balls, expecting to catch them.

Redstar45

So.....a click bait tie in m1 and m22 's title ?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Is it weird that as a fan that still owns the VHS-tape of the first movie to not be hyped about this episode?

Redstar45

Is it weird that as a fan that still owns the VHS-tape of the first movie to not be hyped about this episode?
not really as they been waiting for something like this happens in actual show then infamous M16 in bw2 screw it with a Female version of mewtwo then now they are full weary of this upcoming episode

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Nah. From what I've seen, people in general are getting really tired of all these "holy **** this is what you've always wanted and we're finally doing it!!!1 Please watch our show" episodes PM2019 is constantly spewing out. It just feels like desperate pandering at this point.

Redstar45

Nah. From what I've seen, people in general are getting really tired of all these "holy **** this is what you've always wanted and we're finally doing it!!!1 Please watch our show" episodes PM2019 is constantly spewing out. It just feels like desperate pandering at this point.
And i had see Japanese fans feel same way now ...i can't blame em can't i ?

Ultra Beast Lover

At the risk of sounding annoying, I do think they should slow it down. It's great that the writers are giving the older fans these little treats like Pikachu's backstory, Dragonite, a ghost type, Riolu, etc., but they're giving us so much of these great things that we're getting tired of it. A wise, freaky looking alien from 321 Penguins once said, "If you find honey, eat just enough. Too much of it, and you will throw up."

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The problem isnt they are doing fan service, the problem is they are hoping the fan service would be enough for the series. This series most of all lacks substance and seems all over the place. Plus the animation really isnt at all good like XY or SM's first years animation was. There are no long story arcs, ashs team doesnt have chemistry and his PWC goal isnt properly being carried out
I have hopes for s2 but idk how i feel about journeys, unlike XY and SM there dont seem to be any themes to it, its direct with its plot, plus the fillers vary a lot. I hope s2 picks up pace because rn, i feel exhaused from this series, despite all the hype coming up

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
At the risk of sounding annoying, I do think they should slow it down. It's great that the writers are giving the older fans these little treats like Pikachu's backstory, Dragonite, a ghost type, Riolu, etc., but they're giving us so much of these great things that we're getting tired of it. A wise, freaky looking alien from 321 Penguins once said, "If you find honey, eat just enough. Too much of it, and you will throw up."
I havent seen so much honey so far..

Status
Not open for further replies.