• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ok, so we have this series' chief director and lead writer, + Iwane for this episode. I don't think Ash will catch Mewtwo, but this episode is still gonna mean something for the future off this series

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
And we have a summary:

November 20th's episode "Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back" sees Mewtwo, the Pokémon referred to as "the strongest", finally make its appearance in the Pokémon TV series. The episode is set after the first movie, "Pocket Monsters: Mewtwo Strikes Back", and involves protagonists Satoshi and Go arriving on an island in the faraway seas in search of Mew... though it's not Mew they encounter at the end of their adventure, but Mewtwo. Mewtwo asks the two something, and Satoshi and Go start a battle before Mewtwo with their "dreams" at stake.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Wouldn’t movie 1 Mewtwo hate Go’s goal of catching Pokémon on the basis of basically having a collection? His goal just does not mesh well with the ethos of the earlier series, and I can’t think of a character less suitable to be brought back in this context than Mewtwo. And that’s coming from someone whose favorite Pokémon movie is the first one (I have not seen the follow up in years and don’t remember it at all).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
"Start a battle before Mewtwo". Does that mean they battle it or each other? I hope it's the latter cause if they take on Mewtwo it will be really short

It seems to imply they battle each other, but the wording is vague enough it COULD mean they battle someone else as well.

Looks like the "Battling & getting" in the title was indeed referring to Satoshi and Go's respective dreams though, as some had guessed.

Icy-Snowflake

Wouldn’t movie 1 Mewtwo hate Go’s goal of catching Pokémon on the basis of basically having a collection? His goal just does not mesh well with the ethos of the earlier series, and I can’t think of a character less suitable to be brought back in this context than Mewtwo. And that’s coming from someone whose favorite Pokémon movie is the first one (I have not seen the follow up in years and don’t remember it at all).
Possibly that should give us the much needed explanation about Goh's weird goal.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wow, even the showrunners forgot about its Kanto cameos. Hell, it's animated debut...

Something tells me it was SUPPOSED to say "the Pocket Monsters TV series", as in the series that started in 2019, but someone messed up and wrote "Pokemon" instead. That title is causing all kinds of problems marketing-wise.

They usually write "anipoke" when they're referring to the entire thing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well it could still be something were Ash does recognize Mewtwo and Mewtwo asks if, after all this time, his desire to be a Pokemon Master still burns as brightly as it did before.
Shudo is Dead Era Mewtwo: so are you finally telling me what a pokemon master is.

Journeys Ash: The best of the BEST!

Shudo is Dead Era Mewtwo: .......................**** it. fite me.

Goh: See, at least my really crazy goal can be understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.