• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Goh catching Mewtwo hype. After catching Eternatus, only sky is the limit.
Didn't everyone thow monster ball at stupidity look dragon ? And he just seal it away anyway

Master Pikachu 11

After what happened today...

DON'T YOU F***ING DARE, GOH! :mad:

I think they're just there watching.
Movie 1 mewtwo will not be captured and it can easily prevent itself from getting captured. There is no reason to be concern about a Goh possibly catching it because it won’t happen. Just another Zapdos scenario except they won’t come close to defeating it.

Mew29240

I think it's overkill for Mewtwo to use a super-sized Shadow Ball, but then again Aceburn and Lucario losing is inevitable one way or another unless the battle goes unresolved, so I suppose it doesn't matter what moves Mewtwo uses to settle things.

I guess they want to make a show of how far of a road Cinderace and Lucario have before taking on something of its caliber by themselves. They are just fresh off assisting in Eternatus' capture, after all.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think it's overkill for Mewtwo to use a super-sized Shadow Ball, but then again Aceburn and Lucario losing is inevitable one way or another unless the battle goes unresolved, so I suppose it doesn't matter what moves Mewtwo uses to settle things.
This whole episode looks a little overkill, I feel like they just wanted a strong episodic opponent and went with Mewtwo for clout. Mewtwo standing in front of those Pokémon gives me the feeling of it being a “protector” of that area. Gou/Satoshi show up and lose and it goes about it’s own way. Unless the Mew line hints at Gou making some progress in that department this honestly just feels mostly like nostalgia and fan service for Gen 1.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
They are promoting the original movie of Pokemon because of Mewtwo's return, but they should also promote the special "Mewtwo Returns". I really hope they will make references to both the movie AND the special in this episode.

Goh is not going to capture Mewtwo, we have to be "logical". Look, I know it's VERY improbable, but it's not impossible than in this Generation, Goh will actually get Mew. That could then lead Goh to find the Z-Crystal in Alola that Mew needs to perform "Genesis Supernova". Then, Ash is probably the only human that Mewtwo had a "good bonding" in his life, so it sounds logical Ash is the only human Mewtwo would even consider the chance to allow to be his trainer. Even if Mewtwo's power is enormous, he's not the most powerful Pokemon is existance; as some Legendaries could beat him. Also, since Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere too, it means he can have the Aura Power like Ash and Lucario. Finally, with the proper MegaStone, the original Mewtwo could get his Megaevolution X, since the other "female" Mewtwo had the Megaevolution Y. These should be good reasons to allow Goh get Mew and Ash get Mewtwo.

By the way, I know the main battlers are now Lucario and Cinderace. But all things considered, I believe Ash should try something else before against Mewtwo. He could try to use Gengar against Mewtwo, and technically, Mewtwo never faced a Ghost Type. Of course, being partially a Poison Type, Gengar is almost useless against Psyquic Pokemon.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Sayaka Senbongi is in the voice cast so Sobble may still be here, even though I don't think we have seen him in any of the promotional material.

It also looks like Pikachu isn't fighting.

So who's going to point out that there's a bunch of Pokémon being held captive by Mewtwo here?

Emtc-EnVoAEl9zl

Also I see a Skitty!!! :D How I've missed it! It's been quite a while since I've last seen one in the anime!
(Sorry for gushing. Skitty is my favorite Cutesy Normal Type Pokémon of all time and Favorite Cat-Based Pokémon next to Litten lol. It's just that darn Adorable to me!!!)

Goh will catch them with Mewtwos blessing. /s. Or Mewtwo has been off learning about the 'new' regions.

It's still an odd group:

Gen 1: Mewtwo
Gen 2: Mareep (x2)
Gen 3: Skitty
Gen 4: Buneary
Gen 5: Watchog
Gen 6: Skiddo
Gen 7: Mudbray

I wonder why they did this, it's is too much to be a coincidence? Though it may just be symbolic.

Redstar45

Sayaka Senbongi is in the voice cast so Sobble may still be here, even though I don't think we have seen him in any of the promotional material.

It also looks like Pikachu isn't fighting.

Goh will catch them with Mewtwos blessing. /s. Or Mewtwo has been off learning about the 'new' regions.

It's still an odd group:

Gen 1: Mewtwo
Gen 2: Mareep (x2)
Gen 3: Skitty
Gen 4: Buneary
Gen 5: Watchog
Gen 6: Skiddo
Gen 7: Mudbray

I wonder why they did this, it's is too much to be a coincidence? Though it may just be symbolic.
I actually wonder why writer go for cello island not faraway/utmost island or unknown cave in or kantou/kalos region

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
By the way, I know the main battlers are now Lucario and Cinderace. But all things considered, I believe Ash should try something else before against Mewtwo. He could try to use Gengar against Mewtwo, and technically, Mewtwo never faced a Ghost Type. Of course, being partially a Poison Type, Gengar is almost useless against Psyquic Pokemon.

I know that I've complained about Gangar not appearing enough, but in this case I don't want him to fight Mewtwo since he'd inevitably lose and gain another loss in his battle record. There's no upside to that, especially if he gets one-shotted and humiliated in the attempt [which I expect would be the case].

Redstar45

I know that I've complained about Gangar not appearing enough, but in this case I don't want him to fight Mewtwo since he'd inevitably lose and gain another loss in his battle record. There's no upside to that, especially if he gets one-shotted and humiliated in the attempt [which I expect would be the case].
Good point

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Some pokemon just shouldnt be caught. Zygarde is an example of this

Some Legendary Pokemon are linked to nature and shouldn't be captured, proof of that was "Pokemon: The Power of One", for what happened after the villain captured Moltres and Zapdos. However, Mewtwo was not technically in the "natural order" because of being a clone of Mew; similar to the Ultra Beasts that are an invader species, or to Sylvally who was created in a lab too. So, Mewtwo technically could be captured without disrupting nature.

D

Deleted member 384931

Some Legendary Pokemon are linked to nature and shouldn't be captured, proof of that was "Pokemon: The Power of One", for what happened after the villain captured Moltres and Zapdos. However, Mewtwo was not technically in the "natural order" because of being a clone of Mew; similar to the Ultra Beasts that are an invader species, or to Sylvally who was created in a lab too. So, Mewtwo technically could be captured without disrupting nature.
Yeah that is true. But Mewtwo is very OP. Just hope they will actually damage Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.