• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Yeah that is true. But Mewtwo is very OP. Just hope they will actually damage Mewtwo

Yeah, between all the 151 original Pokemon. But a lot of Generations have come since then, Legendaries which power makes Mewtwo's almost insignificant (like Arceus), and even new types like Dark. I no longer see Mewtwo as powerful as he used to be back in Gen I.

Being realistic, Ash and Goh have no current Pokemon capable to resist against Mewtwo in a 1 on 1. Lucario and Cindereace are strong, but they are still "rookies". The closest thing Goh has to match Mewtwo's power could be his giant Golurk, and between all of Ash's Pokemon, the only one I see capable to fight or even beat Mewtwo would be Greninja (or maybe Melmetal). Of course, he would need a Dark Type move like Night Slash. So, the only way for Ash to have Mewtwo on his team in this episode would be if Mewtwo decides to go with him willingly.

Guy100

Well, now that its officially on record that a main protagonist (Goh) caught a legendary (Eternatus), I guess now people will be more openminded towards future captures of legendary pokemon later on in the series. Although, Goh may have decided not to keep Eternatus, he still caught it and its technically still his pokemon since he never released it.

With that said, this reassures me that Ash will catch a legendary in the future and defeat Leon after the latter defeat to Eternatus. Although I'm a bit annoyed that Goh caught Eternatus and not Ash, seeing how Ash was involved in more Dynamax battles then Goh.

We know that Goh is the trainer who focuses on catching every pokemon, but it sometimes bugs me that Ash is so reluctant to wanting to catch pokemon the traditional way as he did before in the OG series. I mean whats the point in marketing Ash with a pokeball if he's hardly ever gonna throw it to catch something.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Sayaka Senbongi is in the voice cast so Sobble may still be here, even though I don't think we have seen him in any of the promotional material.

It also looks like Pikachu isn't fighting.

Goh will catch them with Mewtwos blessing. /s. Or Mewtwo has been off learning about the 'new' regions.

It's still an odd group:

Gen 1: Mewtwo
Gen 2: Mareep (x2)
Gen 3: Skitty
Gen 4: Buneary
Gen 5: Watchog
Gen 6: Skiddo
Gen 7: Mudbray

I wonder why they did this, it's is too much to be a coincidence? Though it may just be symbolic.
Besides Mewtwo and Buneary...

Kinda mad the others are shown because they are cut pokes who didnt make the CT DLC lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's still an odd group:

Gen 1: Mewtwo
Gen 2: Mareep (x2)
Gen 3: Skitty
Gen 4: Buneary
Gen 5: Watchog
Gen 6: Skiddo
Gen 7: Mudbray

I wonder why they did this, it's is too much to be a coincidence? Though it may just be symbolic.

Good to see Mewtwo grew enough to not become a genwunner.

Yeah, between all the 151 original Pokemon. But a lot of Generations have come since then, Legendaries which power makes Mewtwo's almost insignificant (like Arceus), and even new types like Dark. I no longer see Mewtwo as powerful as he used to be back in Gen I.

Being realistic, Ash and Goh have no current Pokemon capable to resist against Mewtwo in a 1 on 1. Lucario and Cindereace are strong, but they are still "rookies". The closest thing Goh has to match Mewtwo's power could be his giant Golurk, and between all of Ash's Pokemon, the only one I see capable to fight or even beat Mewtwo would be Greninja (or maybe Melmetal). Of course, he would need a Dark Type move like Night Slash. So, the only way for Ash to have Mewtwo on his team in this episode would be if Mewtwo decides to go with him willingly.

I can see Ash-Greninja beating Mewtwo on a serious battle. Greninja's Psychic-type immunity and resistance to ghost gaves him an edge.

But at the rates things are going it's more likely for Ash-Greninja team up with Mega Mewtwo X :p

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So does this officially make Mewtwo Returns non-canon? I know that specifically was a special, but the Genesect movie seemed to indicate that Ash knew about Mewtwo, even though that was a different Mewtwo
No, Mewtwo Returns is indeed canon. Ash knows Mewtwo as a species but he still remembers the original aka M1 from Mewtwo Returns.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

So does this officially make Mewtwo Returns non-canon? I know that specifically was a special, but the Genesect movie seemed to indicate that Ash knew about Mewtwo, even though that was a different Mewtwo
Um well in the first movie everyone got their memories erased so Ash wouldn't know what Mewtwo from the Genesect movie even was, in Mewtwo Returns Ash meets Mewtwo again so, since Ash knew who the Mewtwo from the Genesect movie was that means that Mewtwo Returns is canon.

BobbbidyBob

Why does Mewtwo even question Satoshi's and Gou's goals?
Ik, also why does he even care about battling them when in the first movie he was like “I ain’t gonna be the one fighting ya’ll, it’s obvious I’m champ” not only that but in mewtwo returns he is very much anti-fighting. Correct me if wrong.

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe Mewtwo is just really eager to see if Ash has gotten better at battling. Or maybe he's angry that these two humans have intruded upon his territory. As for why he's questioning their dreams, maybe he wants to know what they intend to do once they do their dreams.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Im almost expecting Mewtwo Returns to be retconned into being non canon in this series seeing how inconsistent continuity has been so far; they did have Ash forget that he's been to Ecruteak City after all...

BobbbidyBob

Maybe Mewtwo is just really eager to see if Ash has gotten better at battling. Or maybe he's angry that these two humans have intruded upon his territory. As for why he's questioning their dreams, maybe he wants to know what they intend to do once they do their dreams.
I miss the litty fresh brown cloak he had.....dat dope!

BobbbidyBob

The Ambertwo conversation gave me this dumb idea for an experimentXD if you have nothing better to do please sign LOL http://chng.it/mLG5qKyb

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

BobbbidyBob

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
too bad Ash doesn't have his Z-ring around, i wonder if Mewtwo could withstand Pikachu's 10 million volt thunderbolt
God no ! It is most over power z move .

Status
Not open for further replies.